HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Klaus Catsby, Esquire

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2012, 02:01 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

vCash: 500
I'm sure you would have been ok, I don't think the chemical composition could have changed that greatly due to freezing. The only way it could have increased in proof would be if the water that froze then evaporated away from the alcohol.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Not voting today. Sue me!

11-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Not voting today. Sue me!

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
meh. the "vote or else" rhetoric gets tiresome, unless you live in a swing state / swing district. i still vote in my hometown (Morgan Hill - 20 miles south of silicon valley) (by absentee) despite not having lived there in a quite a while. it's been gerrymandered into a strongly conservative district, even though the population is fairly moderate. either way my vote won't make much of a difference (what i want will pass in SF because my views are similar to the majority that live there and thus my single vote doesn't make a difference, and what i want will almost never pass in MH because of gerrymandering, so how i vote won't make much of a difference [unless you get off on "protest-voting" like my pops]).

i still do it cause i like the sticker.

and civic duty. and so on and so forth.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Every person I voted for will win and I probably went against the grain on maybe one of the ballot measures...but still.

It definitely had more flair when I was in the minority and not the overwhelming majority

Old
11-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

yup. that's why i vote in Morgan Hill and not San Francisco. i don't have to worry about any of the SF measures/candidates.

i still have nagging suspicions about the absentee process, but what're you going to do? it's hard to have your cake (protest voting) and eat it too (voting in person).

Old
11-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

If I could have held onto my vote in Missoula for another cycle I would have...but things just lagged too long. Had the election been last month I could have voted in Pittsburgh (still not doing much, but at least it would be more interesting), but my drivers license expired and I needed to get a California one, finally severing my ties with Pennsylvania 64 months after I last lived there.

The fact I voted two weeks ago also sorta spoils the day a bit...as does the fact that I'll be in class once the polls start closing on the east coast and expect things to be declared by the time I get home.

At the end of the day The Simpsons got the two parties pretty spot on...

Old
11-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

i don't want to get an infraction harping on about the election but i will say that the Montana Senate Race is very very intriguing and i will be keeping an eye on the results.

Old
11-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

That Senate race scares me.

If I said what I think of Denny Rehberg I would get banned. The out-of-state funds that are pumping him up are just absurd and may just be enough to push what is essentially a coin-toss into his favor. Even out here I'm constantly getting flooded with Rehberg ads just because of my history. I've seen more Rehberg ads via Hulu and random websites than I've seen anywhere for any elected official in California.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

fun fact. the candidate running against Feinstein ran for Congress in 2010 in the 11th district (Morgan Hill et al.). She finished last among four candidates in the Republican primary, winning 16.7% of the vote. Clearly that qualifies her to run for state office two years later.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
fun fact. the candidate running against Feinstein ran for Congress in 2010 in the 11th district (Morgan Hill et al.). She finished last among four candidates in the Republican primary, winning 16.7% of the vote. Clearly that qualifies her to run for state office two years later.

It's not really a surprise that the Republicans would just serve up a softy against Feinstein, though. That isn't exactly a vulnerable seat.

The only sad thing is that her name isn't as ripe for comedy as Feinstein's last challenger - Dick Mountjoy.

Old
11-06-2012, 03:45 PM
cassius

Facebook is just classic right now.

I love the overconfidence that folks have about voting empowerment... as if everyone's individual vote actually matters in this archaic system where the electorial college decides the election.

Unless you're living in a battleground state, there is a good chance that voting is actually just a waste of your time and will have no impact on the results of the election.

If the aggregate popular vote decided the election, I could see their point... but the popular vote is completely useless in it's current form.

I know - I get that it's part of your civic duty, makes you feel good, etc... but I'm looking at this from a purely logical/analytical POV.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

My facebook honestly has more Europeans saying 'don't be stupid, America' than anything.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:20 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Political debates and discussion are not allowed on the hockey forums. If you wish to discuss the election, please go to the Political Discussion forum (Page 2, Non-Sports Section).

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/an...php?f=23&a=197

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

I vote we don't allow any more Ohio State talk on this board.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

but but i only want to talk with THESE posters.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

The Politics board is lousy when it isn't being overrun by trolls and self-righteous tweens as it is today.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:30 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I'm sorry guys, rules are the rules. I know we have sane people on our board but all politics talk has to go.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:05 PM
JTG

I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but every absentee voter had a check mark next to their name if they voted and everyone could see it, along with your party affiliation. Not sure I'd dig that.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:07 PM
JTG

And this is an aspect of this board that has always pissed me off. This is an off topic thread, and we are talking about off topic items. I see no reason why we cannot discuss politics if it is kept under control, which it probably would be. Politics need to quit being treated like the boogeyman.

Old
11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
And this is an aspect of this board that has always pissed me off. This is an off topic thread, and we are talking about off topic items. I see no reason why we cannot discuss politics if it is kept under control, which it probably would be. Politics need to quit being treated like the boogeyman.
definitely.

there was a great discussion on this board regarding the Supreme Court's ruling on healthcare a while back. and we all didn't sing kumbaya either.

Old
11-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Miss Ausguins
The Aussie Penguin

I don't get why it isn't compulsory to vote in the USA. In Australia once you turn 18, it is compulsory that you enroll to vote. On Election Days, it is compulsory here to vote or you cop a fine.

Old
11-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Ausguins View Post
I don't get why it isn't compulsory to vote in the USA. In Australia once you turn 18, it is compulsory that you enroll to vote. On Election Days, it is compulsory here to vote or you cop a fine.
if I legitimately don't like either of the candidates, why should I have to vote for one of them? And I'm not going to waste my time voting for anyone else.

I want this with didn't vote instead of didn't read

Old
11-06-2012, 08:53 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
if I legitimately don't like either of the candidates, why should I have to vote for one of them? And I'm not going to waste my time voting for anyone else.

I want this with didn't vote instead of didn't read
Voting for one of the other candidates, Gary Johnson, for instance, will get him to the 5% of the popular vote he needs to get federal funding for a more level playing field for 2016. Not a waste of time. You don't have to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Old
11-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Miss Ausguins
The Aussie Penguin

Trust me, I work as a Polling Official and some of the things that people write on their issued ballot papers has interesting things from Disney to Star Wars characters or some choice (animated of course) words written on them.

Closed Thread