HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Klaus Catsby, Esquire

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2012, 08:48 PM
invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Found this on facebook.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...03345022_n.jpg

What do you guys think? i think it's pretty inspirational. BTW about the ignore relationships thing, he meant throw out everyone who holds you back, stick with people who don't hold you back (he broke up with a gf of 3 years 2 years ago because of different goals, they were not on the same page).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
It's awesome. Gotta stack that paper if you really want freedom.
So, no advice on how to make the big pile of money?

Old
09-28-2012, 08:51 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post

You guys are late to the K-Pop revolution
WARNING: Beware of cuteness overload.
Yeah, no. That makes me feel like Chris Hansen is right outside the door.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

Can't wait for Community's season 4 to start.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Well your first fault was looking for journalism from Fox News, which exists solely to give the mentally ill an open feed to the world.
any large news network is terrible. every one.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:07 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Man I've seen worse than that. You don't see any blood or anything. I'm sure it was shocking live tho.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Too true. I'm still trying to find a relatively unbiased news source.

Old
09-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
I agree whole-heartedly.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
09-28-2012, 09:48 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
There isn't one. They all are pushing one side of the discussion. That in and of itself isn't inherently bad though. Just as long as they are open and honest about it. The problem is that they all claim that they are unbiased, which is obviously a bunch of ********.

I do have an issue though with 90% of the media being slanted liberally however. Every station except for Fox is in one way, shape, or form slanted toward the left. Fox doesn't do itself any favors though by being 100% slanted toward the right.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:03 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

I prefer to use the web for news. I can do either a quick search on Google or a deep web search to get a variety of additional information and different viewpoints on just about any topic. It also means I'm not limited to whatever the producers feel to be newsworthy. And if the news is that bad, there are plenty of cats just a click away

Old
09-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
There isn't one. They all are pushing one side of the discussion. That in and of itself isn't inherently bad though. Just as long as they are open and honest about it. The problem is that they all claim that they are unbiased, which is obviously a bunch of ********.

I do have an issue though with 90% of the media being slanted liberally however. Every station except for Fox is in one way, shape, or form slanted toward the left. Fox doesn't do itself any favors though by being 100% slanted toward the right.
Yeah, I just get so sick of hearing the guys on MSNBC and Fox News (for example) push their own agendas. If I'm forced to watch one of the "big" news channels, I guess CNN wins by default, even though they seem to lean to the left.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:38 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
I get most of my news from Anonymous's Twitter feed.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
09-28-2012, 10:50 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I watched the video. It's terrible it was shown but, we see worse things simulated on regular TV.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:

Reality has a well-known liberal bias.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post

Old
09-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
It shouldn't. They're all 23ish.

My girlfriend LOVES J-pop and K-pop. It's awful music, but definitely nice to watch hot asian chicks run around in boots and lingerie (which is basically what all of their videos are like).

You can never tell with Korean/Japanese chicks. They age so well, you could think a girl is 21 and she'll be like 40.

Old
09-29-2012, 08:24 AM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
It shouldn't. They're all 23ish.

My girlfriend LOVES J-pop and K-pop. It's awful music, but definitely nice to watch hot asian chicks run around in boots and lingerie (which is basically what all of their videos are like).

You can never tell with Korean/Japanese chicks. They age so well, you could think a girl is 21 and she'll be like 40.
In that case...

Old
09-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZappBrannigan View Post
Seriously.

I feel like I've aged about 10 years since I moved right next to Koreatown. Almost everyone looks either like they're 20 or 80.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:31 AM
invictus

Quote:

I honestly never understood this. I hear people from the right complain all the time about the "liberal media," and rarely hear the opposite accusations. However, Fox News is the #1 ranked cable news network, by quite a bit.

That is just tv news. Look at radio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...radio_programs

The top 2 most listened to radio programs are conservative talk radio. As well as 5 of the top 10.

So, am I missing something, or is this just a case of something untrue being said enough times ("the liberal media bias") that everyone just sort of says okay and accepts it? It just seems odd that, when conservative/right-wing media is dominating both markets, the above-bolded is a very commonly held opinion.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I agree whole-heartedly.
BBC Online for everyday news beats the hell out of American coverage on most big issues, Economist magazine is without peer for political, economics, business, science coverage each week. Little more expensive but worth more issue for issue than Time, Newsweek and every cable / network news show put together.

Old
09-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
I honestly never understood this. I hear people from the right complain all the time about the "liberal media," and rarely hear the opposite accusations. However, Fox News is the #1 ranked cable news network, by quite a bit.

That is just tv news. Look at radio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...radio_programs

The top 2 most listened to radio programs are conservative talk radio. As well as 5 of the top 10.

So, am I missing something, or is this just a case of something untrue being said enough times ("the liberal media bias") that everyone just sort of says okay and accepts it? It just seems odd that, when conservative/right-wing media is dominating both markets, the above-bolded is a very commonly held opinion.
that actually supports the claim you are arguing against. Fox News is higher rated than any single liberal media outlet largely because the people looking for liberal media have a lot of choices, thus the market gets split. Meanwhile, Fox is pretty much alone on top of the conservative mountain. The audience is fairly split down the middle, but the liberals have a lot more places to go for their news because most of the media outlets lean that way.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:01 PM
invictus

Quote:
that actually supports the claim you are arguing against. Fox News is higher rated than any single liberal media outlet largely because the people looking for liberal media have a lot of choices, thus the market gets split. Meanwhile, Fox is pretty much alone on top of the conservative mountain. The audience is fairly split down the middle, but the liberals have a lot more places to go for their news because most of the media outlets lean that way.
Well, if we agree that conservative talk dominates the radio and that the TV watching is fairly split down the middle between left and right, doesn't that still go against the idea of the liberal media controlling things? If one form of communication (radio) is clearly dominated by the right, and another (TV) is relatively split, but with Fox still generally reaching over 50% of all cable news viewers, I think it is a specious argument to try to push any sort of overall liberal bias. I mean, I get what you are saying if 3 or 4 liberal outlets exist compared to the 1 conservative on TV. I just think it doesn't matter when that 1 conservative one is reaching as many, or more, viewers yet still bleats about being drowned out by the "liberally biased media."

I guess, in the end, what I am trying to say, is that I am tired of whiny people from any part of the political spectrum The concept of 24/7 cable news coverage is an absolutely brutal one in my mind. I honestly cannot recall the last time I had a real conversation with anyone about a political topic. It seems that all too many people just quote talking points at each other continuously. I am in search of authentic dialogue!

Old
09-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
Well, if we agree that conservative talk dominates the radio and that the TV watching is fairly split down the middle between left and right, doesn't that still go against the idea of the liberal media controlling things? If one form of communication (radio) is clearly dominated by the right, and another (TV) is relatively split, but with Fox still generally reaching over 50% of all cable news viewers, I think it is a specious argument to try to push any sort of overall liberal bias. I mean, I get what you are saying if 3 or 4 liberal outlets exist compared to the 1 conservative on TV. I just think it doesn't matter when that 1 conservative one is reaching as many, or more, viewers yet still bleats about being drowned out by the "liberally biased media."

I guess, in the end, what I am trying to say, is that I am tired of whiny people from any part of the political spectrum The concept of 24/7 cable news coverage is an absolutely brutal one in my mind. I honestly cannot recall the last time I had a real conversation with anyone about a political topic. It seems that all too many people just quote talking points at each other continuously. I am in search of authentic dialogue!
I didn't mention radio at all because I honestly have no idea. I don't listen to the radio at all. Print Media definitely leans left though. And I didn't say TV is split, I said the audience is split. The audience is split in all of them. TV definitely leans left. If its not Fox, its leaning left.

I don't watch or listen to or read any of it. I am about as uninformed as one can be because the news all makes me mad. The entire concept of the two party system makes me mad because it basically forces binary answers to dynamic questions.

Old
09-29-2012, 04:23 PM
invictus

Quote:
I didn't mention radio at all because I honestly have no idea. I don't listen to the radio at all. Print Media definitely leans left though. And I didn't say TV is split, I said the audience is split. The audience is split in all of them. TV definitely leans left. If its not Fox, its leaning left.

I don't watch or listen to or read any of it. I am about as uninformed as one can be because the news all makes me mad. The entire concept of the two party system makes me mad because it basically forces binary answers to dynamic questions.
Oh, yeah. I haven't had cable in years and never watched TV news when I did have it

Agreed about print media.

Vote Green Party. Jill Stein uses profanity in her ads

Old
09-30-2012, 08:53 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
So it's my birthday tomorrow. As an early gift my fiancee surprised me this afternoon by giving me the entire Canada Cup '87 tournament on DVD.

My girl knows what I like.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So it's my birthday tomorrow. As an early gift my fiancee surprised me this afternoon by giving me the entire Canada Cup '87 tournament on DVD.

My girl knows what I like.
good stuff.

Closed Thread