Letters To Leipold

Old
09-22-2012, 08:15 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Yep, all the NHLPA's fault. How dare the owners continue paying previously signed, legally binding contracts.

If I were promised X salary over X amount of time, then my boss asked me to re-negotiate my contract after one of the company's most profitable years, I'd say no too.
People keep bringing this sort of thing up and it's bewildering. Where do you guys get the idea that any of this relates to the current situation in any way shape or form? The CBA ended this year because the players demanded that they be given the option to end it this year. The players demanded, and received, the out clause which was used to terminate the existing CBA and to initiate the discussion of a new one. In what universe does your quoted comment have any relevance other than some weak attempt at slander towards the owners?

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
I blame Don Fehr, greedy agents, and spoiled players. So count me out.
I'm starting to fall into this category as well.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Also, bring back those deep fried funnel cake sticks too.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:43 AM
forthewild

if fans wanted to get this negotiation started all they would have to do is call up the team they bought season tickets for and say, i'd like to "i have reconsidered my interest in these and would like to cancel them" once those start getting canned owners will be more inclined to talk.

also if writing a letter i don't know what to say that will make them think in different terms, at the end of the day billionaires get wealthy by getting paid not by being fair in the eyes of others.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:47 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
People keep bringing this sort of thing up and it's bewildering. Where do you guys get the idea that any of this relates to the current situation in any way shape or form? The CBA ended this year because the players demanded that they be given the option to end it this year. The players demanded, and received, the out clause which was used to terminate the existing CBA and to initiate the discussion of a new one. In what universe does your quoted comment have any relevance other than some weak attempt at slander towards the owners?
ummm wasn't it something like this tho

Quote:
The CBA is six years in duration (through the 2010-11 season) with the NHLPA having the option to re-open the agreement after Year Four (after the 2008-09 season). The NHLPA also has the option of extending the CBA for an additional year at the end of the term.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

in this case NHLPA could have axed it last year but they chose not to, owners i think were pissed because it meant another year of players getting a raise.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote