HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/28/05: Binghamton@Rochester

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Clutch Mediocrity

vCash: 500
Ray Emery will have to get that temper under control if he's to achieve his maximum potential, what I believe is an NHL starter. He's obviously overhyped by some thanks to a huge junior season and an equally impressive rookie campaigne in the American League. Other dissmiss him right away because of his low draft position. I usually don't approve of his "hit 'em up" antics but I'm a little surprised some of you guys suddenly don't like him for leaving the crease in a bench clearing brawl- it's not like he just started picking on an opposing forward (which he has done, and does warrant hostility). The Sens were obviously out of it and he had nothing to lose. Might aswell get it all out of the system, step back the next day, analyse your play the next day, and get set for another six-game win streak which he was on until you guys snapped it. The infamous Ottawa-Philadelphia brawl saw Lalime and Esche go at it. Patrick heated up almost immediatly after. Again, this wasn't a case of him taking liberties with an opposing forward, it was a battle royal and I don't really have a problem with his actions. Pretty much everyone was dropping them. Aside from Mller who made the right for two reasons:

-Unlike Emery, there was no point for him to get involved.
-He likely would've lost anyway.

Until next time. I look forward to another huge win, last night was just a blip in the radar.

Old
01-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Clutch Mediocrity

http://www.pressconnects.com/today/s...5s144608.shtml

A game summary from a Binghamton perspective. Enjoy.

Old
01-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.Utd
Ray Emery will have to get that temper under control if he's to achieve his maximum potential, what I believe is an NHL starter. He's obviously overhyped by some thanks to a huge junior season and an equally impressive rookie campaigne in the American League. Other dissmiss him right away because of his low draft position. I usually don't approve of his "hit 'em up" antics but I'm a little surprised some of you guys suddenly don't like him for leaving the crease in a bench clearing brawl- it's not like he just started picking on an opposing forward (which he has done, and does warrant hostility). The Sens were obviously out of it and he had nothing to lose. Might aswell get it all out of the system, step back the next day, analyse your play the next day, and get set for another six-game win streak which he was on until you guys snapped it. The infamous Ottawa-Philadelphia brawl saw Lalime and Esche go at it. Patrick heated up almost immediatly after. Again, this wasn't a case of him taking liberties with an opposing forward, it was a battle royal and I don't really have a problem with his actions. Pretty much everyone was dropping them. Aside from Mller who made the right for two reasons:

-Unlike Emery, there was no point for him to get involved.
-He likely would've lost anyway.

Until next time. I look forward to another huge win, last night was just a blip in the radar.
I've actually defended Emery's credibility as a skilled goaltender on these boards before, but his act is tired. That pretty much sums it up from my perspective.

Old
01-29-2005, 12:49 PM
sabrefan27

What a surprise the AHL's headline goes to some stupid New England game. That league has such a bias towards them.

Old
01-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
I missed the MacGrattan/McMorrow tussle. How did that go?
McMorrow started off the fight with his hands held high, similiar to Andrew Peter's boxing stance. McGrattan had his hands completely down, and he leaned in a little to say something. Then both men latched on, and surprisingly, McMorrow didn't go for the jersey over the head "trick". Both Mc's throw some punches, but Sean is tossing lefts and not landing quite as well. McGrattan popped a few decent shots in, but as the fight progresses he starts coming up short. McMorrow got a few noggin punches in, and then he tosses McGrattan to the ice like he was a little kid. Good fight. McGrattan landed the better shots, but McMorrow was willing to open up.

I was proud of Paetsch for standing up, and Peters and Platil looked so angry when they were fighting. The intensity was amazing. They were burning to kill eachother.

Then Kavanaugh is on the bench jawing at Cunneyworth, who has Gaustad standing beside him. Cunneyworth must not have liked what Kavanaugh was saying to him, because Paul went out three seconds later and beat the living ***** out of him.

Then Thorburn pummelled Watson. Ouch. He wacked him.

That was an awesome game, and the Amerks are one point back on first in the entire LEAGUE. I've been believing in this team for awhile. If they hadn't had a shaky start, they'd be whooping some. Oh, and I think they would hand the overrated Manchester team a whopping loss if they ever met in a seven game series.

The goaltending and defense right now are stellar. The offense lacks sometimes, but for the most part is there. The team is physical, too. They have a complete package. Here's to hoping they don't burn out.

Old
01-29-2005, 02:18 PM
sabrefan27

It's amazing to think they have been without Cullen and Botterill for so long. The offense isn't anything special, but it'll improve with them back.

Old
01-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Hobey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27
It's amazing to think they have been without Cullen and Botterill for so long. The offense isn't anything special, but it'll improve with them back.
What's the timetable on Botts' return? I haven't heard anything.

Old
01-29-2005, 02:49 PM
sabrefan27

He was supposed to start skating around right now. We haven't had any updates in the paper, so I'm unaware. I'd say he won't be back until mid to late February.

Old
01-29-2005, 09:44 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
He signed his qualifying offer with Buffalo though, didn't he? I need to look into that. Maybe waivers aren't necessary if he's under contract.
There's no waiver consequences. All NHL contracts other than entry level (two-way) contracts are void until a new CBA is signed that includes specific recognition of contracts signed under the previous CBA. If there's no recognition, every player is an UFA which they are at the present time. Connolly could sign an AHL contract with Hamilton and it wouldn't affect his waiver status.

Old
01-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Slangston

Ray Emery sounds the second-coming of Ron Hextall. Hell, I hope he does make the NHL. A lunatic goaltender with a decent amount of talent would make for an interesting story. The NHL needs character, and it seems like this guy has a ton of it.

Old
01-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Hobey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
Whoa....looks like Hades has frozen over. As far as the website goes, I would be willing to bet that's all going to change in the next day or two. If they smoke Hamilton tomorrow, then I think you'll see something up there Sunday morning.
What did I tell you?
Quote:
The Amerks are 23-3-1-3 in their last 30 games, and their 69 points on the season are tops in the league, one better than Manchester and two up on Hartford.

Old
01-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Hobey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston_Hughes
Ray Emery sounds the second-coming of Ron Hextall. Hell, I hope he does make the NHL. A lunatic goaltender with a decent amount of talent would make for an interesting story. The NHL needs character, and it seems like this guy has a ton of it.
Emery kind of reminds me of Barrasso, at least attitude wise.

Old
01-31-2005, 02:15 PM
WoahBoy
Uhmmmmm....SECHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Oh, and I think they would hand the overrated Manchester team a whopping loss if they ever met in a seven game series.
Yeah, I've seen the Monarchs quite a few times this year. They are phenominal in the skill department, but their fanciness and lack of grit and edginess are easily shut down against the teams with the top notch D (Hartford, Lowell) and have no consistancy against teams like Worcester. I'd say Amerks in 5 or 6.

Old
01-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouda22
Yeah, I've seen the Monarchs quite a few times this year. They are phenominal in the skill department, but their fanciness and lack of grit and edginess are easily shut down against the teams with the top notch D (Hartford, Lowell) and have no consistancy against teams like Worcester. I'd say Amerks in 5 or 6.
Exactly where I was coming from. Manchester certainly has the skill, but I don't think they are a tough enough team to go 7 games with Rochester. Hartford, with their tight D style, would be a heck of a team to face.

The Amerks have many challenges ahead of them, but they are playing so, so well and confidence is a big factor. The character and toughness is there to go along with the stellar goaltending. The skill and offense is there when it needs to be.

I think that Binghamton game told us a lot about the character of these guys. That built unity, at least physically, and that helps in the confidence department.

Closed Thread