Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
This is true. I guess what the Knights will have to decide is do they want to lock it up, or do they want the Attack, Colts, Storm and/or Rangers to close the gap and potentially knock them off?

The price will be much, much more for those two. I think Ceci is headed somewhere other than London anyway.
Ya I do worry that we could end up like plymouth last year by underachieving after not making a single trade. We do need a bit more (1F&1D).
Maybe the 'one stop shop' isnt the answer; get Corrado on the cheap and pay what we need to for Trockeck (which i would gladly give Wely, Jammes and picks for).

Old
12-23-2012, 08:02 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Scott Teskey put in a trade request a while ago
Agreed. Not many takers.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Greeningfan14

Any 67s news/rumors?

Old
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Percyma

Maybe the 'one stop shop' isnt the answer; get Corrado on the cheap and pay what we need to for Trockeck (which i would gladly give Wely, Jammes and picks for).[/QUOTE]

Why are you so confident that the Wolves will sell Corrado cheap? If the Knights won't meet Sudbury's price, perhaps other teams such as Kitchener, Plymouth or Barrie will.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:00 PM
KnightsInsider93

It's not about Corrado being cheap, it's about him being cheaper than other options.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:21 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
It's not about Corrado being cheap, it's about him being cheaper than other options.
Corrado should go for more than Koekoek and Ceci, but some teams may pay a bit more for Koekoek because he is 1 year younger. But in respect to how they are playing this year, Corrado has accomplished more than either of the two.

Old
12-23-2012, 11:06 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Corrado should go for more than Koekoek and Ceci, but some teams may pay a bit more for Koekoek because he is 1 year younger. But in respect to how they are playing this year, Corrado has accomplished more than either of the two.
We're talking about Frank Corrado of the Wolves? Wow, I think both Ceci and Koekkoek are considerably more accomplished. Especially Ceci - I'm not really sure how that's even debateable. And Koekkoek's being a year younger certainly comes into the equation of what teams will pay.

Old
12-24-2012, 08:12 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Accomplished more? Ceci had more goals last year alone than Corrado has had his whole career. Ceci has 3 times the number of playoffs points. He also a great defensive player.

Honestly, between those two its not even close.

Old
12-24-2012, 08:14 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReleaseTheLehner View Post
Any 67s news/rumors?
The thought is Monahan will be going nowhere, and the reasoning makes sense. Graovac will be dealt. Ceci is up in the air, I'd say its 50/50.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Agree. Mathers is looked at as a thug and pugilist and no more by far too many people. The kid can play the game..always could. He's the new breed of enforcer. Think Leigh Salters if used correctly with the proper linemates.
And who would the proper linemaets be? Where would he fit on this group? Just asking for thoughts from those whod like to see the big man in London as Im not sure theres a fit
Broadhurst/Griff/Domi
Bo/Rup/Rup
Tierny/Anderson/ upgrade
Elie/Platzer/Wely
Im not sure Dale would use him with the Rups as theyre oft matched against top lines and does Mathers fit that shutdown type role? Again just asking, as Im not sure.
Bo definitely does as would Tierney(but Tierney and Josh have shown chemistry and maybe should stay together)
Does Mark give up assets for a 4th liner? No offense to Mathers. Now if someone is moved off that F group in another deal maybe theres a fit.
He would add an element we dont have for sure, the ? for me is would it be worth the asset(s) paid.

Old
12-24-2012, 06:53 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawah View Post
The thought is Monahan will be going nowhere, and the reasoning makes sense. Graovac will be dealt. Ceci is up in the air, I'd say its 50/50.
Not what I hear. I've heard Ceci is on the move, and that Monahan likely is as well (also, what is the sound reasoning to keep him?). Mind you I'm 3,000 km away now, but my bet is both get dealt.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:22 PM
attackfan71

anyone hearing any rumours on if owen sound is going to make any moves?

Old
12-24-2012, 11:16 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
We're talking about Frank Corrado of the Wolves? Wow, I think both Ceci and Koekkoek are considerably more accomplished. Especially Ceci - I'm not really sure how that's even debateable. And Koekkoek's being a year younger certainly comes into the equation of what teams will pay.
First of all, we are talking about accomplishments this year.

Also, I guess Hockey Canada knows nothing about hockey, if they chose to invite Corrado instead of Koekoek and Ceci.

Ceci is a good dman, but look what happens when you dont have front line stars on your team like Prince, and Toffoli. Koekoek most times thinks that he is a forward, and so many times is out of position.

Forget what they did 2-3 yrs ago. Look at the present. Some players get complaicant and plateau, and others overtake them. I believe thats what has happened to Koekoek. Ceci is much more of a player than both Dmen noted above, but I believe that Corrado has had much more of a fire in him this year than either of the other two.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

I would love to see the Bulls get a top six forward....

Old
12-25-2012, 02:11 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Also, I guess Hockey Canada knows nothing about hockey, if they chose to invite Corrado instead of Koekoek and Ceci.
I there is considerable evidence that Hockey Canada has made numerous mistakes over the years (and not having Ceci on this year's team may prove to be one of them), but moving on...

Quote:
Ceci is a good dman, but look what happens when you dont have front line stars on your team like Prince, and Toffoli. Koekoek most times thinks that he is a forward, and so many times is out of position.

Forget what they did 2-3 yrs ago. Look at the present. Some players get complaicant and plateau, and others overtake them. I believe thats what has happened to Koekoek. Ceci is much more of a player than both Dmen noted above, but I believe that Corrado has had much more of a fire in him this year than either of the other two.
Even this year, Ceci has 7 more points on a far inferior team than the Wolves. I'm not sure how you measure "fire" but I'd rather have him than Corrado. To each their own, I guess.

Old
12-25-2012, 08:54 AM
ottawah

Quote:
Not what I hear. I've heard Ceci is on the move, and that Monahan likely is as well (also, what is the sound reasoning to keep him?). Mind you I'm 3,000 km away now, but my bet is both get dealt.
the reasoning behind keeping Monahan is that as a player to be drafted this year, Ottawa will receive money when he is drafted. But most importantly, its not really expected Monahan will make the NHL next year and be back in the OHL (his skating needs work), so keeping him makes sense.

Old
12-25-2012, 09:02 AM
ottawah

Quote:

Spott just doesn't like Ceci. Ceci almost made the team last year and was not given a shot this year.

Quote:

Ceci is a good dman, but look what happens when you dont have front line stars on your team like Prince, and Toffoli.
What happens when he doesn't have them around? You mean putting up the same points per game as last year? His goals and assist number look to be on pace to be pretty much identical to last years with significantly less talent around him.

Quote:

What does complacent or plateau have to do with it? Dougie Hamiltons number this years look pretty much on pars with last year. So would you sooner have Corrado because Hamilton has plateaued or is complacent?

If teams are looking to trade for a D man, Ceci would be at the top of everyones list (except Kitchener) (assuming Hamilton is not available).

Old
12-25-2012, 11:14 AM
KnightRanger

Quote:

Hockey Canada also made Spott the Coach! Let's see how he does with Dream team 3! Anything less then gold with the players he has available to him this year would have to be considered a major disappointment. Time will tell. Let's get this party started!

Old
12-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Brock

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...e-preview.html

My trade deadline preview.

Be curious to see where certain people end up (see my predictions).

Old
12-25-2012, 01:20 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Hockey Canada also made Spott the Coach! Let's see how he does with Dream team 3! Anything less then gold with the players he has available to him this year would have to be considered a major disappointment. Time will tell. Let's get this party started!
3 injuried forwards one may have his tourney cut short, and a suspended player. I don't like Spott to begin with and feel he's already made some mistakes. IMO this team is far from a dream team

--------------

Ceci reminds me of Del Zotto HC never took a liking to him. IMO Ceci is bored with OHL and should probably be playing in the AHL if it was allowed.

-------

Right now if I'm London I go after a forward that maybe around next year... but try and find a D-man that will be. Losing Harry, Hughes maybe Maatta that's a tough loss and having someone being able to return who be a huge help and worth the price.

Old
12-25-2012, 01:49 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
I would love to see the Bulls get a top six forward....
And this new player would be forced to play the most stifling defensive system out there and would match some other players with 6 or 7 more goals for the latter half of the season. I can see goalies or defensemen maybe being really interested in that style to help pad their stats but any top forward would probably want to go to a wide open high scoring system. Just a thought.

Old
12-25-2012, 03:44 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawah View Post
the reasoning behind keeping Monahan is that as a player to be drafted this year, Ottawa will receive money when he is drafted. But most importantly, its not really expected Monahan will make the NHL next year and be back in the OHL (his skating needs work), so keeping him makes sense.
I agree that he likely won't make it, but as a late birthday and a high round pick, there is a chance he will. You would think the 9 games are a forgone conclusion.

I think Ottawa should cut deep and rebuild - this season is lost and having Monahan won't help them be impactful anyway. You get more for him now then next year, and there would be additional compensation built in if he does get returned.

As I say, I would expect him to be dealt, and we'll know in a couple weeks.

Old
12-25-2012, 04:00 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...e-preview.html

My trade deadline preview.

Be curious to see where certain people end up (see my predictions).
Appreciate the read as always Brock. I think (and hear) the Colts will be active, but not in the ways that you're suggesting. I'd be a bit surprised if they give up Fotinos. I think they would like to take advantage of this year, but Fotinos is the goalie for the next couple years. Dealing him also leaves a backup problem, and it isn't wise to go into the playoffs without a backup. Fotinos has shown the ability to outperform Niederberger at times. Also, they gave him his custom goalie number this year (the stock numbers for the Colts are 1, 30, 31 and 35)... I just don't see it.

I think something will happen with Yuill, they just aren't using him and he's got too much potential not to be used properly. He has to want out by now I bet, and I think the Colts will oblige.

I also think something will happen with Ottawa. I think the Bell deal helped out the 67s in a time of need and there will be a little quid quo pro. Not sure it will be Graovac. He's not an upgrade over Hall IMO, and besides, in the playoffs, the Colts will ride MS19 for 25-30 minutes a game. Monahan would be awesome, but I don't think the Colts have the assets. We shall see...

Old
12-25-2012, 07:06 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
I agree that he likely won't make it, but as a late birthday and a high round pick, there is a chance he will. You would think the 9 games are a forgone conclusion.

I think Ottawa should cut deep and rebuild - this season is lost and having Monahan won't help them be impactful anyway. You get more for him now then next year, and there would be additional compensation built in if he does get returned.

As I say, I would expect him to be dealt, and we'll know in a couple weeks.
Ceci and Graovac will be gone next year (AHL) and to keep Monahan alone in Ottawa, doesnt make sense. Monahan will not be in the NHL next year. They need to trade Monahan, Ceci and Graovac this year to contenders and stock the shelves for the future.

Old
12-25-2012, 07:53 PM
hockeykid87

I would love to see the Bulls do anything.

Man they are painful to watch sometimes, I think they have to get rid of Burnett, which unfortunately won't happen since he's the coach/GM. It would be awesome to see these guys play some wide open offense, instead of trying to bore their opponents to sleep.

Another problem is I don't even know who they could offer up in a trade. Malcolm Subban will be back again next season, so I could see Graham being moved eventually, probably not this year though. Other than that, who do they have to trade? Gaunce was just named captain, Jordan Subban isn't going anywhere, I've heard they really don't want to move Petti, and he's pretty much the only interesting piece they have that I could see multiple teams wanting.

Could be a quiet deadline in Belleville unfortunately.

Closed Thread