Old
12-31-2012, 02:43 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorPetes View Post
Lots of rumours out there.
For the "petes sake" think their games this weekend will shed some clearer light on whether they are selling and rebuilding AGAIN....

We know Quine and KoekKoek want out, but then Mathers is up for grabs too and probably others too like Menard, Seymour and Trojanovic. Like the idea of Mathers & Seymour to Oshawa actually as BROCK predicted but would the Petes ever trade to their worst enemy? or does it help now with Jeff T. there who may have good relationship with new acting coach Hull and GM Oke?

Kitchener, Guelph, Windsor and of course London would be options too. Some descent forwards and defense out of Peterborough possibly up for grabs by Monday.
Petes have 4 cards left and have to field a full team....I don't see them making everyone happy...

Old
01-01-2013, 12:12 AM
ohlnhockeynut

Monahan stays in Ottawa (cuz he'll be back next year)... Grovac and Ceci gone this here (no sense in keeping them when you can build for future)... good intel on info

Old
01-01-2013, 12:12 AM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlnhockeynut View Post
Monahan stays in Ottawa (cuz he'll be back next year)... Grovac and Ceci gone this here (no sense in keeping them when you can build for future)... good intel on info
self quote, but i guess well see how reliable this intel is after the deadline

Old
01-01-2013, 06:23 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
I could see Grao or Ceci both ending up Barrie/ Belleville....Grao would help Burnett and Ceci gives Barrie some more mobility. Pretty much straight up deals for 67's that could land them a 96 and whole lot of picks. London have to be bloody careful not to upset this chemistry these kids have built over the last few years. Welychka is in a close knit group on this team and plays important role.... I have mentioned a depth D guy in Ringuette outta Sag City with Trochek...going back would be players still outside that close knit group and pics. The NHL going back to work could throw all of this into a frenzy as buyers become sellers....going to be tough week and a half for many players as they wait to see what shakes down.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
I could see Grao or Ceci both ending up Barrie/ Belleville....Grao would help Burnett and Ceci gives Barrie some more mobility. Pretty much straight up deals for 67's that could land them a 96 and whole lot of picks. London have to be bloody careful not to upset this chemistry these kids have built over the last few years. Welychka is in a close knit group on this team and plays important role.... I have mentioned a depth D guy in Ringuette outta Sag City with Trochek...going back would be players still outside that close knit group and pics. The NHL going back to work could throw all of this into a frenzy as buyers become sellers....going to be tough week and a half for many players as they wait to see what shakes down.
The thing with moving Ringuette is that it makes sense for Saginaw but only if either Strong or Webermin are healthy by the trade deadline. I have a feeling that Webermin may be done for a while with concussion problems. That means Strong would need to be ready in 9 days. That's going to be a close call.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:48 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
I realize that Monohan will likely be back, but what a risk it is keeping him. The 67s appear to be a long way off of anything special and a worst to first turnaround next year seems unlikely. It could end up being a major mistake for the 67s to hold on to him, given the return they would likely get now. Conditions can be built in if he does stay for next year... I'd be surprised if they keep him, but time will tell...only a little over a week to go now.

Old
01-01-2013, 03:20 PM
aresknights

Reading on Twitter Ott coach Chris Byrne not on bench today and is away on a scouting trip.
Any1 hear or see where

Old
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
KnightRanger

I heard the Avs have sent Mitchell Heard back to the Whalers. That will leave them with 4 OA's. Who will be the odd man out and where might he end up? Levi, Aleardi or MacDonald?

Old
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

By signing Mermis today, London may have inadvertently taken any chance of landing Trocheck off the table.

Mermis now makes one of the two OA D-men for the Knights expendable. So as far as Saginaw is concerned London has an open OA spot. This means they can drive up the price on Trocheck to a point where Hunter would overpay for him since the option to move an OA aslo now exists. I don't see Hunter overpaying, so this leaves Ross as the other option. Which brings me back to the idea I threw out earlier: Ross for Welycka and picks.

Old
01-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
By signing Mermis today, London may have inadvertently taken any chance of landing Trocheck off the table.

Mermis now makes one of the two OA D-men for the Knights expendable. So as far as Saginaw is concerned London has an open OA spot. This means they can
drive up the price on Trocheck to a point where Hunter would overpay for him since the option to move an OA aslo now exists. I don't see Hunter overpaying, so this leaves Ross as the other option. Which
brings me back to the idea I threw out earlier: Ross for Welycka and picks.
Excellent points and rationale. The trade though i would not do. Keep the picks for a bigger fish, and Wely for Ross is simply not enough of an upgrade, especially how Wely has been playing lately (think hes been hearing the rumours). Add to the fact that by getting Ross you get rid of Ferry or Hughes, no way does this even become an option. Hughes is solid and Hunter has shown (justified or not) an unwavering committment to Ferry.
This trade does not happen.
Love the Mermis signing. Hunter does it again!

Old
01-01-2013, 07:21 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Saginaw has traded 95 born goalie Lucas Peressini to Kingston for a 4th round pick in 2014. Peressini has been playing Jr A all season long and was in no way going to see any time in Saginaw during his junior career. This is basically a free pick for Saginaw. Way to to overpay Kingston. Thanks.
Maybe this is to make up for the fleecing of Povorozniouk

Old
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
aresknights

Quote:

Mermis now makes one of the two OA D-men for the Knights expendable. So as far as Saginaw is concerned London has an open OA spot. This means they can drive up the price on Trocheck to a point where Hunter would overpay for him since the option to move an OA aslo now exists. I don't see Hunter overpaying, so this leaves Ross as the other option. Which brings me back to the idea I threw out earlier: Ross for Welycka and picks.
Nope. Mark wont overpay.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:27 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:

This makes no sense. Our OA's Hughes, Ferry, Baile are all safe. Well I'd trade Baile if we can upgrade, but our goalie coach loves him. When everyone's back, Ferry just moves back to forward. Your post made no sense. If anything, it means that we wont be going after a dman like Ceci or Koekkoek. The d when everyone returns;

Harrington - Hughes
Maata - Mermis/Zadorov
Mermis/Zadorov - Raine/Liberati

Old
01-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Maybe this is to make up for the fleecing of Povorozniouk
Let's just say we're even now. Glad he's doing well, but he was never going to work out in Saginaw. A change of scenery did him good.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:14 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:

1st off..if anything Mermis coming in means Raine is likely the odd man out. Hughes and Ferry are going no where. Secondly..I wouldn't trade Welychka for Ross straight up..and I doubt Mark would either. Nice try though.

P.S. you can keep Trochek too

Old
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Reading on Twitter Ott coach Chris Byrne not on bench today and is away on a scouting trip.
Any1 hear or see where
If he was in London I would have though they would have played Jammes, unless he was looking at Raine and Welychka, and if he was, do you think Raine and Welychka played well enough to make him ready to pull the trigger for Ceci?

Old
01-02-2013, 01:47 PM
aresknights

Word was out before last nights game, he wasnt in London he was at a tourney for draft eligible kids (U17)

Old
01-02-2013, 01:50 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
If he was in London I would have though they would have played Jammes, unless he was looking at Raine and Welychka, and if he was, do you think Raine and Welychka played well enough to make him ready to pull the trigger for Ceci?
Ceci may or may not be in the discussion, as well as another D, but look up front for the addition. I think theyre OK on D if Mermis is as advertised. And Mark really used the hard sell to get him here.

As far as Wely or Raines play last night. GMs dont make trades based off one game, unless theyre stupid, or the kid that plays that one game is named McDavid

Old
01-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
This becomes irrelevant with the Mermis signing. Dont need to give up assets for Ceci now.
All assets should be used to target a forward. Most would like to see it be a forward that would most likely be back next year ie: Monahan.
I personally would rather pay 'less' for a rental like Trochek and worry about next year when that comes around. Next years batch of forwards could include wildcards like McCarron so I dont think it is a must to get somebody who will be back next year.
Keep Wely and Raine, unless it is to acquire a goal scorer.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:55 PM
mapleleaf979

Ive heard rumblings that Steve Spott will have NHL assistant coach opportunities next year and will consider leaving Kitchener.

Old
01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
aresknights

77, What do you think you pay for. Curious to posters thoughts as well

Trochek?
Monahan?
Graovac?
Ritchie?
any1 else who maybe rumored moving that fits Marks immediate need

Id personally ratehr lock up a kid with a shot at returning even if it means paying more.
Its about managing assets for me. And there is alot of differing views on how to manage them for sure. And more than one way thatll benefit the Knights

I think well all be OK with what MArk does here and I have my wish list and its likely not to happen.

Last edited by aresknights: 01-02-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 01:59 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Ive heard rumblings that Steve Spott will have NHL assistant coach opportunities next year and will consider leaving Kitchener.
Dont doubt it. Hes a ladder climber type, it seems. In no way meant as a slam.
Does he then go for broke this year if true?

Old
01-02-2013, 02:02 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
This becomes irrelevant with the Mermis signing. Dont need to give up assets for Ceci now.
All assets should be used to target a forward. Most would like to see it be a forward that would most likely be back next year ie: Monahan.
I personally would rather pay 'less' for a rental like Trochek and worry about next year when that comes around. Next years batch of forwards could include wildcards like McCarron so I dont think it is a must to get somebody who will be back next year.
Keep Wely and Raine, unless it is to acquire a goal scorer.
Do you not think Acquiring a Right handed point shot is important, with Mermis, we have 6 left handed defensemen (Not including Ty Ferry) Only two Right handed shots are Hughes and Raine and they dont like to shoot the puck.

A top, Right handed Offensive defenseman that can play powerplay would be great if you could get one cheap and this is where Frank Corrado's name comes in to play for me. We dont NEED it because we do like to play Fwds on D on the PP but I think it should be considered.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:06 PM
aresknights

MArk will consider everything and has.

Another right handed shot would be nice but not a priority IMO. As yuo said both PP units will feature a F on the point.
Id rather use any assets moved in a Corrado type deal to sweeten the pot for a top line, returning F.

Old
01-02-2013, 02:10 PM
aresknights

Any1 know the deadline for adding protected players to ones roster?
And can they be OAs or are the OAs set as of the Jan 10th?

Closed Thread