2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Acad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Ive heard rumblings that Steve Spott will have NHL assistant coach opportunities next year and will consider leaving Kitchener.
I think Spott deserves it and I would love to have Troy Smith as our next head coach.

Lots of pressure on Spott to win this year so this trade deadline will be an interesting one for sure.

I think Kitchener will make moves but I still not sure if they will sell or buy.

Smart thinking would be to sell and start fresh for next season but who really knows.

Last edited by Acad: 01-02-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Old
01-02-2013, 03:31 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Ive heard rumblings that Steve Spott will have NHL assistant coach opportunities next year and will consider leaving Kitchener.
I would be very happy with Troy Smith as head coach, provided he jettisons Paul Fixter.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:32 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Any1 know the deadline for adding protected players to ones roster?
And can they be OAs or are the OAs set as of the Jan 10th?
O/A were set 1 day earlier than the trade deadline last year. Not sure if it's the same this year. I believe this was done because of the number of O/A getting released near the deadline and not being able to catch a spot on any team.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:37 PM
aresknights

Thanks. Your are correct bout the OA trade deadline.

I know the trade deadline rules, but was just curious to the deadline for setting rosters (specifically the deadline for adding players from teams protected list) The final rosters have a deadline as well i believe.
I thought it was after the trade dealine date but maybe mistaken.
I was thinking early Feb or mid Feb for some reason.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

[QUOTE=KnightsInsider93;57019133]Do you not think Acquiring a Right handed point shot is important, with Mermis, we have 6 left handed defensemen (Not including Ty Ferry) QUOTE]

Simple answer: no, I don't.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
77, What do you think you pay for. Curious to posters thoughts as well

Trochek?
Monahan?
Graovac?
Ritchie?
any1 else who maybe rumored moving that fits Marks immediate need

Id personally ratehr lock up a kid with a shot at returning even if it means paying more.
Its about managing assets for me. And there is alot of differing views on how to manage them for sure. And more than one way thatll benefit the Knights

I think well all be OK with what MArk does here and I have my wish list and its likely not to happen.
If I understand your question, you are asking what I think the price of the aforementioned players would be? I think there are two categories: rentals, and those who may return.
Rentals, I think costs you a body (Wely), a 96 (Jammes) and picks (2nd, 3rd).
For those coming back, it's probably two bodies (Wely, Raine), a 96 (Jammes) and picks (2 2nds, 3rd and maybe another).
This is really just a guesstimate and I only added the names in there to provide relevancy to the Knights.

For me, I want the depth for this year so I acquire a Trochek (see rental price) and therefore get to keep Raine for the run. Raine might be an OA next year, and when you loose Trochek hopefully a guy like McCarron steps in. You also save on a pick or two that allows you to then stock up to acquire another rental next year, and his name would be Monahan (see pricing index for that).

Old
01-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Styx and Stones

Jammes is a late 95 who is eligible to be drafted into the NHL with the 96s

Old
01-02-2013, 06:05 PM
hardoil3232

hopefully mark gets brett richie totaly dominates the boards

Old
01-02-2013, 06:44 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
hopefully mark gets brett richie totaly dominates the boards
Don't want him

Old
01-02-2013, 06:45 PM
dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx and Stones View Post
Jammes is a late 95 who is eligible to be drafted into the NHL with the 96s
Jammes draft year eligibility is a non issue....soft players dont get drafted!

Old
01-02-2013, 06:45 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
I hate to say it, but that could be the best news a Ranger fan gets all year! Only problem is that means he is more likely to try and buy to go all in this year and will kill the team for the next 3 years! Much like Pete did! We haven't had any picks since he did that and if played correctly this year, we could have more picks than we know what to do with next year! Just my opinion.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:54 PM
hardoil3232

tell me why you do not want richie

Old
01-02-2013, 07:36 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
tell me why you do not want richie
Price tag is too high. Streak scorer. Bad attitude in the past. All 3 are enough to keep me away if I'm a GM. You want someone who'll slide right in and not disrupt any chemistry. Ritchie is not that player in my opinion. Niagara isn't even on my radar if I'm a GM. Ottawa is who you wanna deal with.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:38 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Price tag is too high. Streak scorer. Bad attitude in the past. All 3 are enough to keep me away if I'm a GM. You want someone who'll slide right in and not disrupt any chemistry. Ritchie is not that player in my opinion. Niagara isn't even on my radar if I'm a GM. Ottawa is who you wanna deal with.
Does Ritchie not at all Remind you of Watson last year though. I think Ritchie would fit in with the Ruperts just like Watson did. Also, I believe Watson has his fair share of problems in the dressing room as well.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:53 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Does Ritchie not at all Remind you of Watson last year though. I think Ritchie would fit in with the Ruperts just like Watson did. Also, I believe Watson has his fair share of problems in the dressing room as well.
If there's anyone who can keep an ego in line, its the Hunters. Dale more so than his brother. Pretty intimidating guy when he wants to be.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Not in the least. Ritchie doesn't block shots..is not sound defensively in my opinion...pretty one dimensional really..a good dimension mind you(beast on the wall)..but we need a complete player. Watson was a beast and a leader and complete..Ritchie isn't. Never been a fan and 1 good year isn't enough to change my opinion. I'd take Derek Mathers over Ritchie any day of the week if it's just a beast on the boards you want. Now Tyler Graovac..there's one I'd like to get in a Knights uniform.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 01-02-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old
01-03-2013, 02:37 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Don't want him
Thats funny, he's all I want. Imagine having to face Horvat, Anderson, Ritchie, Elie against the board with the Knights great cycle. Good luck! With the NHL situation and seeing Ritchie elevate his game last year in the playoffs. He's my #1, 2, and 3 option.

I wanted Slater Koekkoek the most before we signed Mermis, but clearly that's changed.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:20 AM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
Thats funny, he's all I want. Imagine having to face Horvat, Anderson, Ritchie, Elie against the board with the Knights great cycle. Good luck! With the NHL situation and seeing Ritchie elevate his game last year in the playoffs. He's my #1, 2, and 3 option.

I wanted Slater Koekkoek the most before we signed Mermis, but clearly that's changed.
Thing is Ritchie is the guy least likely to be traded, unless Strome and Hamilton end up in the NHL in the next 2 weeks. With Ottawa's trend of hanging on to their players, I don't see Monahan getting dealt. Graovac maybe, but not likely Monahan.
I still think Trocheck is the guy most likely to end up in London.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:23 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:

After that goal 5 minutes ago against the US where he left his man all alone out in front..I want him even less now....Not defensively sound..we don't need that.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:28 AM
ReLyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Thing is Ritchie is the guy least likely to be traded, unless Strome and Hamilton end up in the NHL in the next 2 weeks. With Ottawa's trend of hanging on to their players, I don't see Monahan getting dealt. Graovac maybe, but not likely Monahan.
I still think Trocheck is the guy most likely to end up in London.
Again funny, as long as the lockout continues. I think he's MOST likely to be traded. I agree that the Knights will probably "settle" for Trocheck but he's not the type of player I believe we need the most. But we do need one more "finisher" so he fits the bill.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:34 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Again funny, as long as the lockout continues. I think he's MOST likely to be traded. I agree that the Knights will probably "settle" for Trocheck but he's not the type of player I believe we need the most. But we do need one more "finisher" so he fits the bill.
Trochek is solid down the middle on faceoffs or play anything you want. He is closer to a Watson and than Ritchie.....in style.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:42 AM
ReLyT

Stop asking for a Watson... there isnt one available. The closest to Watson right now is already on the Knights. Bo Horvat, but a bit slower.

We need a BIG wrecking ball body in the offensive zone. Ritchie with Domi/Griffith would be amazing. Although I doubt they take Broadhurst off that line. OR a pure sniper.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:45 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Stop asking for a Watson... there isnt one available. The closest to Watson right now is already on the Knights. Bo Horvat, but a bit slower.

We need a BIG wrecking ball body in the offensive zone. Ritchie with Domi/Griffith would be amazing. Although I doubt they take Broadhurst off that line. OR a pure sniper.
Anthony Camara..but he isn't going anywhere

Old
01-03-2013, 04:46 AM
ReLyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Trochek is solid down the middle on faceoffs or play anything you want. He is closer to a Watson and than Ritchie.....in style.
Do we need a center? Who would he take over for?

Domi - Griffith - Broadhurst
Anderson - Tierney - Welychka
Rupert - Horvat - Rupert
4th line is a rotation of 42 forwards.

I don'd see Trocheck moving any of those centers... Tierney is so bad at faceoffs, I'd like to see him move to wing. But it wont happen.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:47 AM
ReLyT

Quote:
Anthony Camara..but he isn't going anywhere
Hence me saying there isn't one available.

Closed Thread