HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2013, 12:54 PM
  #576
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acad View Post
covered already...I wasn't serious..well I was but I wasn't

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 12:56 PM
  #577
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Why would you give up a ransom for a player that might not help you that much? You would have to give up starting players and picks. Don't think Ottawa is taking your spare parts. Why risk the chemistry?
Raine is expendable...Welychka is trade bait...Jammes wants to play closer to home(he's from the Ottawa area). London could move all 3 of them for Monahan(for starters) and disrupt nothing. London has the pieces...without disrupting their core.

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 12:57 PM
  #578
brahmabull
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
would u move

Niki Petti
Sergey Kuptsov
Brady Austin
and picks

for

adam bateman
jordan maletta
koko ( if comes back )
Absolutely not, I wouldn't do that trade without the picks! Austin is probably the best defenceman on the team why would they trade him if they are serious about contending?


Last edited by brahmabull: 01-03-2013 at 07:27 PM.
brahmabull is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
  #579
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Raine is expendable...Welychka is trade bait...Jammes wants to play closer to home(he's from the Ottawa area). London could move all 3 of them for Monahan(for starters) and disrupt nothing. London has the pieces...without disrupting their core.
Ya, and Ottawa is taking that for Monahan.

Luvtowatch is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:42 PM
  #580
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
London could move all 3 of them for Monahan(for starters)
for starters being the key

aresknights is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:48 PM
  #581
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Raine is expendable...Welychka is trade bait...Jammes wants to play closer to home(he's from the Ottawa area). London could move all 3 of them for Monahan(for starters) and disrupt nothing. London has the pieces...without disrupting their core.
Why would another a team trade their star player for bit pieces? Why would it matter to Ottawa if Jammes wants to be closer to home? Why should London be able to trade him at a premium when he has done very little with London?

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
  #582
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Trocheck is not worth what Saginaw will be asking. Period. Would I take him? sure I would...do I want him? no I don't..cause I know what Saginaw will want in return. The player London needs to go after plays in the East..and his name is Sean Monahan.

If Theoret gets points with the man in Niagara...he'd do fine with the men in London.
To get Monahan you start with Domi and then throw in one of the Ruperts, and maybe more.

Luvtowatch is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
  #583
nelli27
Danny Gallivan
 
nelli27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bud Gardens 107 K10
Country: Canada
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Why would another a team trade their star player for bit pieces? Why would it matter to Ottawa if Jammes wants to be closer to home? Why should London be able to trade him at a premium when he has done very little with London?
I'm not sure if they would or would not makes this deal, but I think that Ph-Ph. was careful to add "for starters". Welychka is a second line winger on the OHL's top team--hasn't reached 'star status' by any means, but is not a 'bit piece'; Raine would be a top 4 d-man on a number of teams in the OHL; Jammes is a 2nd round pick from two seasons ago who hasn't done much at all at the OHL level (yet)!
Would Ottawa trade Monahan for Welychka, Jammes, Raine, and picks (2nd round '13??), I don't know? I don't even know if these two teams are well-suited to reach a deal. Should be an interesting week ahead!

After watching Gibson today, I'm starting to think that Gibson in a London uniform would be the last piece of the pie. But, chances are that London would not have the assets needed to acquire him without compromising the future.
I trust Mark Hunter will make some move to improve the team.

nelli27 is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:08 PM
  #584
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
I'm not sure if they would or would not makes this deal, but I think that Ph-Ph. was careful to add "for starters". Welychka is a second line winger on the OHL's top team--hasn't reached 'star status' by any means, but is not a 'bit piece'; Raine would be a top 4 d-man on a number of teams in the OHL; Jammes is a 2nd round pick from two seasons ago who hasn't done much at all at the OHL level (yet)!
Would Ottawa trade Monahan for Welychka, Jammes, Raine, and picks (2nd round '13??), I don't know? I don't even know if these two teams are well-suited to reach a deal. Should be an interesting week ahead!
Raine is 19 years old probably back as an OA. Monahan could be back next year as well. Much rather have a Monahan for a full year as opposed to a dime a dozen OA D.

I agree I like Welychka and he does have some value. I guess I am curious why Jammes will be a great player for Ottawa while Chase Hatcher and Troy Donnay were hyped up and haven't delivered. Sounds like a bill of goods in regards to Jammes.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:28 PM
  #585
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Do you see the Bulls as sellers? They sit 2nd in the East..I would think they'd be adding...no?
No, BUYERS all the way! Need to address the offence

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:31 PM
  #586
nelli27
Danny Gallivan
 
nelli27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bud Gardens 107 K10
Country: Canada
Posts: 582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Raine is 19 years old probably back as an OA. Monahan could be back next year as well. Much rather have a Monahan for a full year as opposed to a dime a dozen OA D.

I agree I like Welychka and he does have some value. I guess I am curious why Jammes will be a great player for Ottawa while Chase Hatcher and Troy Donnay were hyped up and haven't delivered. Sounds like a bill of goods in regards to Jammes.
All good points, R.I.D.
I think you're right, that proposal likely wouldn't interest Ottawa.

Does London have enough assets to make an offer to Kitchener for Gibson?
How about this deal? Liberati (or Raine), Pawley, Jammes, Herbst, and a 2nd round pick in '13?
Herbst and the 2nd round pick being the highlights of this deal. Am I just dreaming? Herbst would provide Kitchener with goaltending for the next 3 years. Next season share some of the load with Franky P. London could go with Patterson next year, and pick up a capable, cheap backup. Just thinking out loud....

nelli27 is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:32 PM
  #587
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
would u move

Niki Petti
Sergey Kuptsov
Brady Austin
and picks

for

adam bateman
jordan maletta
koko ( if comes back )
Not a chance Petti gets moved, the other two possible, but would hate to see Berisha gone, he will be a really good OHLer soon, KoKo is a interesting option if the bulls can get him for the right price?

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
  #588
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
What do you think you would get back for Sandlak? He's a 3rd line plugger.
I couldnt care what we get for him! I'm guessing mid-round pick. He is just not suited for the big here, very poor skater.

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
  #589
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
All good points, R.I.D.
I think you're right, that proposal likely wouldn't interest Ottawa.

Does London have enough assets to make an offer to Kitchener for Gibson?
How about this deal? Liberati (or Raine), Pawley, Jammes, Herbst, and a 2nd round pick in '13?
Herbst and the 2nd round pick being the highlights of this deal. Am I just dreaming? Herbst would provide Kitchener with goaltending for the next 3 years. Next season share some of the load with Franky P. London could go with Patterson next year, and pick up a capable, cheap backup. Just thinking out loud....
If you're Kitchener do you take the risk Herbst will be 100% ok after significant knee surgery on both knees, causing to miss an entire year?

Crottenham is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 02:48 PM
  #590
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,270
vCash: 500
early in his careerDon't be surprised if the Spits acquire Sandlak for Lorentz or a pick,with the intention the Spits use him as an O/A, a big body forward who showed potential early in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
I couldnt care what we get for him! I'm guessing mid-round pick. He is just not suited for the big here, very poor skater.


Last edited by hockeylegend11: 01-03-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: did not finish,additional info
hockeylegend11 is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 05:17 PM
  #591
dino200022
Registered User
 
dino200022's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
If you're Kitchener do you take the risk Herbst will be 100% ok after significant knee surgery on both knees, causing to miss an entire year?
Having the nest goalie in the OHL between the pipes in Gibson would be a dream come true but realistically I would believe that there is close to a 99 percent maybe even 100 that Kitchener will not be doing a deal with the Knights anytime soon and if so London would not be able to ice a squad with how much Gibson would cost us from them after being fleeced on Mason haha. Gibson could go though since they have Franky Pal in net. I could see Niagara or Plymouth taking a run at him though.

dino200022 is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
  #592
ReLyT
Registered User
 
ReLyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlnhockeynut View Post
this is the trade rumors board not the london knights discussion board, take it to your group unless you have some trade rumors
Oh I'm sorry is this the OHL Trade Rumours thread? Are the Knights in the OHL? Cause I'm not sure...

ReLyT is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 06:56 PM
  #593
StungbySting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Heard the OHL is backing up the trade deadline 1 week hoping the NHL will either have a deal in place on cancel the NHL season.

StungbySting is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:06 PM
  #594
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
Heard the OHL is backing up the trade deadline 1 week hoping the NHL will either have a deal in place on cancel the NHL season.
It has been speculated this could happen...however nothing has been announced to convince me the OHL started such talk.

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:13 PM
  #595
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
It has been speculated this could happen...however nothing has been announced to convince me the OHL started such talk.
I can't remember who tweeted it, but they said it was confirmed that the deadline would be moved back to the 17th.

Libbs is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:15 PM
  #596
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Hockey Canada would have to make the change since it is a deadline they have written into thier constitution.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:16 PM
  #597
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I can't remember who tweeted it, but they said it was confirmed that the deadline would be moved back to the 17th.
Currently looking for verification myself. I heard the rumblings..just not from the right sources..if you know what I mean.

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:27 PM
  #598
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I can't remember who tweeted it, but they said it was confirmed that the deadline would be moved back to the 17th.

Was its knightsinsider?
Simon?
To PPs point

aresknights is online now  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:32 PM
  #599
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Was its knightsinsider?
Simon?
To PPs point
I don't follow either of those self appointed "insiders". I want to say it was retweetd by loosepucks.

EDIT: I read it too fast...

Kevin C ‏@1RangerFan
Unconfirmed but it now sounds like the trade deadline will be Jan 17th

LoneRanger has a pretty solid track record.

Libbs is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 09:40 PM
  #600
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I don't follow either of those self appointed "insiders". I want to say it was retweetd by loosepucks.

EDIT: I read it too fast...

Kevin C ‏@1RangerFan
Unconfirmed but it now sounds like the trade deadline will be Jan 17th

LoneRanger has a pretty solid track record.
Unconfirmed would be the key word in that statement.

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.