2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Unconfirmed would be the key word in that statement.
Hence why I said I read it too fast.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:44 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Hence why I said I read it fast.
Here's 1..currently looking for more

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/03...ne-approacheds

Old
01-03-2013, 08:45 PM
NHL Fanatic

It still isn't confirmed, to everyone's knowledge it is still Jan. 10. Jan.17 is speculated. And in terms of the projected trades, no offense but fans are far off in terms of how you project superstars to go for expendable players.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Libbs

If the NHL and NHLPA are to come to a agreement and you have a shortened season, Training camps will be to start on the 11th with the season starting on the 17th.

Not sure how pushing the trade deadline back a week really helps out the teams with NHL possible players.

Old
01-03-2013, 08:51 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Anthony Camara..but he isn't going anywhere
No, he certainly isn't...only visit AC will be making to London is in the final...

Old
01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
It still isn't confirmed, to everyone's knowledge it is still Jan. 10. Jan.17 is speculated. And in terms of the projected trades, no offense but fans are far off in terms of how you project superstars to go for expendable players.
Ya...Austin Watson got a king's ransom for the Petes last year

Old
01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Raine is expendable...Welychka is trade bait...Jammes wants to play closer to home(he's from the Ottawa area). London could move all 3 of them for Monahan(for starters) and disrupt nothing. London has the pieces...without disrupting their core.
I don't think that's enough. I think you'll need a TOP 95 (somebody in his second reasonably productive year in the OHL) or a first round 96 to get Monohan. What does Ottawa want with 93s and 94s? That isn't the pieces Ottawa would be looking for, if they were looking to sell. Monahan's a 94...might as well keep him.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:00 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I don't think that's enough. I think you'll need a TOP 95 (somebody in his second reasonably productive year in the OHL) or a first round 96 to get Monohan. What does Ottawa want with 93s and 94s? That isn't the pieces Ottawa would be looking for, if they were looking to sell. Monahan's a 94...might as well keep him.
Which is why I stated "for starters".

Old
01-03-2013, 09:05 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Ya...Austin Watson got a king's ransom for the Petes last year
LOL, The Petes can't trade period. No offense to Petes fans, but they should've maximized their deals with the top players that they have traded. It wouldn't surprise me if they trade Koekkoek and get the same assets as in the Watson deal.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:06 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Which is why I stated "for starters".
I understand that. I'm saying "for starters" you need to have a top flight 95 or a first round 96. That would be the minimum that he 67s would expect, and then build from there (another 94 and a few 2/3 round picks). Unless you mean the "for enders" is Horvat, you're way off.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:11 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
I understand that. I'm saying "for starters" you need to have a top flight 95 or a first round 96. That would be the minimum that he 67s would expect, and then build from there (another 94 and a few 2/3 round picks). Unless you mean the "for enders" is Horvat, you're way off.
I think once again people will be asking how the hell Mark Hunter does it after this years trade deadline...just like in past years. I guess we all just wait and see.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:13 PM
H44

Quote:
No, he certainly isn't...only visit AC will be making to London is in the final...
Is AC being traded to Oshawa?

Old
01-03-2013, 09:18 PM
OSA

Quote:

I agree completely. If Sean Monahan is to be traded to London then there's no question in my mind that Knights fans will have to accept that 1 of Bo Horvat, Max Domi or Liam Herbst will be going the other way. I totally understand if that is too steep a price but I can imagine that there will be other teams willing to part with their 1st round '96 to acquire Monahan.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:20 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by H44 View Post
Is AC being traded to Oshawa?
Oshawa? This is the '13 playoffs we're talking about, not the '97 playoffs...

Old
01-03-2013, 09:21 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSA View Post
I agree completely. If Sean Monahan is to be traded to London then there's no question in my mind that Knights fans will have to accept that 1 of Bo Horvat, Max Domi or Liam Herbst will be going the other way. I totally understand if that is too steep a price but I can imagine that there will be other teams willing to part with their 1st round '96 to acquire Monahan.
London would be willing to move Herbst..but at the moment he's on rehab and nobody knows his status even for next season. Domi and Horvat are untouchable and in my opinion better than Monahan was at 17 even on par with him now..I wouldn't do either of them 1 for 1. Homerism? If you so please.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:21 PM
OSA

Quote:
I think once again people will be asking how the hell Mark Hunter does it after this years trade deadline...just like in past years. I guess we all just wait and see.
I think Mark Hunter is a great GM but let's have a little perspective. It is very easy to fleece a team when a player states that he will only accept a trade to London.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:24 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
I think Mark Hunter is a great GM but let's have a little perspective. It is very easy to fleece a team when a player states that he will only accept a trade to London.
And I believe those players exist this year as well.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
OSA

Quote:
London would be willing to move Herbst..but at the moment he's on rehab and nobody knows his status even for next season. Domi and Horvat are untouchable and in my opinion better than Monahan plus a year younger. Homerism? If you so please.
And this is why I think they're not good trading partners. I could see Owen Sound offering up Middleton or Belleville offering up Petti if they know that, maybe with a little tweaking, they could land Sean Monahan. That to me would be much more attractive to Ottawa than what has been offered on this board by Knights fans.

The only way Monahan ends up in London IMO is if he tells Chris Byrne, "Only London"

Old
01-03-2013, 09:28 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Could be. I'd just like to point out:

a) Watson is no Monohan
b) The 67s are not the Petes

I think the Colts, amongst others, will be offering younger high end talent to Ottawa for key pieces. Don't get me wrong, if I were Hunter I would pass if it meant giving up Domi or Horvat. Which means I think he'll have to pass.

As you say, we can wait and see.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:30 PM
OSA

Quote:
Maybe they do...

But in the end then we shouldn't be wondering how "Mark Hunter does it year after year". It really has nothing to do with Mark Hunter. Its more difficult NOT to come out on top in those situations.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:31 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Maybe, but are you saying you think Sean Monohan is one of them? Doesn't seem the type...

Old
01-03-2013, 09:33 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Could be. I'd just like to point out:

a) Watson is no Monohan
b) The 67s are not the Petes

I think the Colts, amongst others, will be offering younger high end talent to Ottawa for key pieces. Don't get me wrong, if I were Hunter I would pass if it meant giving up Domi or Horvat. Which means I think he'll have to pass.

As you say, we can wait and see.
Domi and Horvat are the core for next year...thus untouchable. Everyone is quick to point to one of them as fodder for any deal...but Mark won't have it...neither would any other GM. Welychka plays 2nd line minutes on the top OHL team..he's no slouch. Kevin Raine would be a top 4 d-man on almost any other OHL team not named London. Jacob Jammes is a key prospect that just can't crack the Knights right now because of their depth. All are good players that would be on pretty much any lineup in the OHL. That to me is a good start.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:37 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Maybe, but are you saying you think Sean Monohan is one of them? Doesn't seem the type...
If you were approached by your team..for a trade...and asked if there was one place you wanted to go..where would you say...be honest.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Shaun Bisson

vCash: 50
Quote:
If you were approached by your team..for a trade...and asked if there was one place you wanted to go..where would you say...be honest.
Kitchener. Hands down.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:38 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
But in the end then we shouldn't be wondering how "Mark Hunter does it year after year". It really has nothing to do with Mark Hunter. Its more difficult NOT to come out on top in those situations.
Not only that, but he has had to overpay in the past and it hasn't always worked out... I don't follow the Knights all that closely, but it seems we've taken advantage of Hunter a few times. In fact, I love it when I hear there is a Colts-Knights trade announcement:

June 30, 2009

"London Knights General Manager Mark Hunter today announced that the team has acquired Goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the Barrie Colts along with the 24th Pick in today's CHL Import Draft and Barrie 's 7th Round Pick in 2010.

In exchange for Hutchinson the Knights sent the 15th Pick in today's CHL Import Draft (Alexander Burmistrov) along with Belleville's 2nd Round Pick in 2011, Kitchener's 3rd Round Pick in 2011 (Conditional) , London's 2nd Round in 2014 (Conditional), and London's 3rd Round Pick in 2014 (Conditional)."

August 24, 2012

"The Barrie Colts addressed their need for a top-six forward and scorer with the acquisition of Andreas Athanasiou from the London Knights on Friday.

The Colts acquired the speedy winger by sending a second-round pick in 2013, a third-round pick in 2014 and a second-round selection in 2015 to the Knights. The 2015 pick is conditional on Athanasiou playing next year in Barrie."

What else has MH got for us?

Closed Thread