Windsor $$$$

Old
01-03-2013, 09:44 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Not only that, but he has had to overpay in the past and it hasn't always worked out... I don't follow the Knights all that closely, but it seems we've taken advantage of Hunter a few times. In fact, I love it when I hear there is a Colts-Knights trade announcement:

June 30, 2009

"London Knights General Manager Mark Hunter today announced that the team has acquired Goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the Barrie Colts along with the 24th Pick in today's CHL Import Draft and Barrie 's 7th Round Pick in 2010.

In exchange for Hutchinson the Knights sent the 15th Pick in today's CHL Import Draft (Alexander Burmistrov) along with Belleville's 2nd Round Pick in 2011, Kitchener's 3rd Round Pick in 2011 (Conditional) , London's 2nd Round in 2014 (Conditional), and London's 3rd Round Pick in 2014 (Conditional)."

August 24, 2012

"The Barrie Colts addressed their need for a top-six forward and scorer with the acquisition of Andreas Athanasiou from the London Knights on Friday.

The Colts acquired the speedy winger by sending a second-round pick in 2013, a third-round pick in 2014 and a second-round selection in 2015 to the Knights. The 2015 pick is conditional on Athanasiou playing next year in Barrie."

What else has MH got for us?
You got us on the Hutch deal...as for AA...I woulda took a water bottle in return. I think Hunter won the AA deal..hands down. He didn't want to be in London..and we didn't want him in London.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:45 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Domi and Horvat are the core for next year...thus untouchable. Everyone is quick to point to one of them as fodder for any deal...but Mark won't have it...neither would any other GM.
Agree 100%. Well, except I never said they were fodder. Just that the 67's are going to want a first round 95/96.

Quote:
Welychka plays 2nd line minutes on the top OHL team..he's no slouch. Kevin Raine would be a top 4 d-man on almost any other OHL team not named London. Jacob Jammes is a key prospect that just can't crack the Knights right now because of their depth. All are good players that would be on pretty much any lineup in the OHL. That to me is a good start.
Let's go back to we'll see. It's not the quality of the players, it's their age. Raine and Welychka offer limited extended playing time over Monahan. Ottawa will be getting offers for other team's 95 and 96 born first rounders, I'm almost certain of that.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:49 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:

Let's go back to we'll see. It's not the quality of the players, it's their age. Raine and Welychka offer limited extended playing time over Monahan. Ottawa will be getting offers for other team's 95 and 96 born first rounders, I'm almost certain of that.
Very true...Raine would be back as an OA..so thats 1 plus year for 1 plus year Monahan would return. Welychka is a 94..same as Monahan..he'll be a career OHLer most likely so he'll be back next year and his OA year. Jammes is a '95 and a top Knights prospect. Throw in a few picks....

I'm a huge Monahan fan..if it helps you understand this more..LOL...it's more me dreaming than anything else...but one can dream. I think Monahan is the piece London is missing....but that's just me I guess.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:51 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
You got us on the Hutch deal...as for AA...I woulda took a water bottle in return. I think Hunter won the AA deal..hands down.
We're both happy then. I think the Colts won the AA deal hands down. He has more points than Raine, Welychka and Jammes combined. For that matter, he has more than Horvat, and a better +/- too .

Quote:
If you were approached by your team..for a trade...and asked if there was one place you wanted to go..where would you say...be honest.
Quote:
He didn't want to be in London..and we didn't want him in London.
So, so confused ...

Old
01-03-2013, 09:53 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
I'm a huge Monahan fan..if it helps you understand this more..LOL...it's more me dreaming than anything else...but one can dream. I think Monahan is the piece London is missing....but that's just me I guess.
This I get, I was suggesting the Colts trade Scheifele for him last year...but that's when I thought Mark wouldn't be back this year...

Old
01-03-2013, 09:54 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
We're both happy then. I think the Colts won the AA deal hands down. He has more points than Raine, Welychka and Jammes combined. For that matter, he has more than Horvat, and a better +/- too .
Has he been introduced to Neiderberger yet?

Old
01-03-2013, 09:57 PM
OSA

Quote:
Not only that, but he has had to overpay in the past and it hasn't always worked out... I don't follow the Knights all that closely, but it seems we've taken advantage of Hunter a few times. In fact, I love it when I hear there is a Colts-Knights trade announcement:

June 30, 2009

"London Knights General Manager Mark Hunter today announced that the team has acquired Goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the Barrie Colts along with the 24th Pick in today's CHL Import Draft and Barrie 's 7th Round Pick in 2010.

In exchange for Hutchinson the Knights sent the 15th Pick in today's CHL Import Draft (Alexander Burmistrov) along with Belleville's 2nd Round Pick in 2011, Kitchener's 3rd Round Pick in 2011 (Conditional) , London's 2nd Round in 2014 (Conditional), and London's 3rd Round Pick in 2014 (Conditional)."

August 24, 2012

"The Barrie Colts addressed their need for a top-six forward and scorer with the acquisition of Andreas Athanasiou from the London Knights on Friday.

The Colts acquired the speedy winger by sending a second-round pick in 2013, a third-round pick in 2014 and a second-round selection in 2015 to the Knights. The 2015 pick is conditional on Athanasiou playing next year in Barrie."

What else has MH got for us?

When all things are equal, Mark Hunter's record is reflective of a competent OHL GM. He comes out on top in some trades, the bottom in others, but mostly things are pretty even. Its just, to me, the wooping it up over the Austin Watson trade and how it somehow demonstrates "genius" on the part of Mark Hunter is just nonsense. It proves Mr. Hunter in an extremely fortunate position, nothing more.

(Steve Spott enjoyed the same leverage with Peterborough in Matt Puempel deal)

Old
01-03-2013, 10:52 PM
PantherStriker

vCash: 50
Any idea on any transactions concerning the Oshawa Generals?

Old
01-04-2013, 03:15 AM
NHL Fanatic

Horvat and Domi have been untouchable every since London drafted the duo.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:55 AM
StungbySting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Horvat and Domi have been untouchable every since London drafted the duo.
Domi was drafted by Kingston 8th overall and then traded to London for three 2nd round picks

Old
01-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
London would be willing to move Herbst..but at the moment he's on rehab and nobody knows his status even for next season. Domi and Horvat are untouchable and in my opinion better than Monahan was at 17 even on par with him now..I wouldn't do either of them 1 for 1. Homerism? If you so please.
Better than Monahan at 17? I'm not a fan of either team but maybe you should go home.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
thanks for the laugh

Look at this cocky knights fan lol, just another one thinking that London is is the best place in the world and the only elite top notch junior franchise in the world...being realistic for a minute players want to come to Kitchener, London, and Windsor for reasons like just the atmosphere players like to play in a loud building with intensity with passionate fans, and the winning mantality they no all three organizations have won and thrive to win...Please stop acting as if there is no place any player wants to go other then London, maybe right now because there kicking *** and will Probably go all the way but there is a lot of players that would choose Kitchener and Windsor also.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

According to loosepucks Windsor has traded Jordan Maletta to Niagara for picks. Haven't said what picks they are yet.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Acad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
According to loosepucks Windsor has traded Jordan Maletta to Niagara for picks. Haven't said what picks they are yet.
Would have loved to see him in Kitchener jersey, thought Windsor could get more for him

Old
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acad View Post
Would have loved to see him in Kitchener jersey, thought Windsor could get more for him
The value may come in getting rid of the Gold Education designation.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acad View Post
Maletta was known to being shopped - so it was the best offer Rychel could get for him (assuming Maletta would only report to certain situations given he has a no-trade clause).

Old
01-04-2013, 11:31 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Look at this cocky knights fan lol, just another one thinking that London is is the best place in the world and the only elite top notch junior franchise in the world...being realistic for a minute players want to come to Kitchener, London, and Windsor for reasons like just the atmosphere players like to play in a loud building with intensity with passionate fans, and the winning mantality they no all three organizations have won and thrive to win...Please stop acting as if there is no place any player wants to go other then London, maybe right now because there kicking *** and will Probably go all the way but there is a lot of players that would choose Kitchener and Windsor also.
Awwwwwww..isn't that cute...a Spitfire's fan doesn't like me.

I know the teams players want to play for and I know it's the 3 mentioned. Thanks though

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 01-04-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old
01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Acad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Love this post, well done sir.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Maletta was known to being shopped - so it was the best offer Rychel could get for him (assuming Maletta would only report to certain situations given he has a no-trade clause).
Now does Windsor flip those picks..or keep them? Interesting move.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Now does Windsor flip those picks..or keep them? Interesting move.
Windsor has no picks until the 3rd in the 2013 draft, but has a first and four seconds now in 2014. It was also announced, though was never a secret, that Windsor will bid to host the 2014 Memorial Cup, so I assume they'll either try to flip them for a player now, or look to trade a couple 2014 second rounders for a 2013 second rounder OR use a couple seconds to move up in next years import draft as Windsor could have two openings after blowing this years pick.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:56 AM
aresknights

There still going thru with their Memorial Cup bid. I gotta figure these picks (and more to come) will be used to help prop up the team going into bid. Unless the committee is willing to believe those picks will be flipped in the summer to bolster the troups.
There maybe more options for the SPits in the summer to trade for key pieces but the committee may want to see the live bodies to help evaluate the bid.

I think most agree, the Spits arent done and maybe one of the busier teams this next week. Rychel has to get creative and be aggressive.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:57 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Maletta has been removed from the Spits roster on the OHL site so this is probably going to be official any minute now.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
aresknights

I like the idea of moving up in the import draft for the Spits. If you have a target, move up and grab him.
Its worked real well for London the last 2 years

Closed Thread