HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2013, 11:23 AM
  #676
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Ryan Yessie ‏@RyanHPscout
Ottawa 67's trade F Tyler Graovac to Belleville Bulls for F Sergey Kuptsov, 2nd in 2014, 3rd in 2015 (NIA), & conditional 7th in 2014. #OHL
It's official so say the 67s on Twitter. Nice pick up for Belleville. Do they do more? Do the 67s keep selling?

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:25 AM
  #677
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
It's official so say the 67s on Twitter. Nice pick up for Belleville. Do they do more? Do the 67s keep selling?
and here I was told the 67's would NEVER trade their top players for 94 DOB's and picks. Hmmmm

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:52 AM
  #678
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
and here I was told the 67's would NEVER trade their top players for 94 DOB's and picks. Hmmmm
Not by me you weren't. I said you would never get Monahan for a 94 and picks. BIG, BIG, BIG difference between Graovac and Monahan. Monahan has an extra year of eligilibility and is a better player. It's like the difference between Horvat and Welychka.

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:56 AM
  #679
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Noob Magnet
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Not by me you weren't. I said you would never get Monahan for a 94 and picks. BIG, BIG, BIG difference between Graovac and Monahan. Monahan has an extra year of eligilibility and is a better player. It's like the difference between Horvat and Welychka.
No it wasn't by you...nor was it on this board. I just threw it up here because I got a chuckle out of it.

I will throw this out there though...I'll go out on a limb and say no 96 DOB's move this year. I don't think(personally) there is a player out there worth giving up a top 22 pick from last year's draft.

PhlyerPhanatic is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 12:16 PM
  #680
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
No it wasn't by you...nor was it on this board. I just threw it up here because I got a chuckle out of it.

I will throw this out there though...I'll go out on a limb and say no 96 DOB's move this year. I don't think(personally) there is a player out there worth giving up a top 22 pick from last year's draft.
That's an intersting statement - it seems to me it happens every year. I wonder when the last time was that a first rounder didn't get traded at the deadline. I know it happened in 08 (Kennedy), 09 (Thomas), 10 (Strome), 11 (Rychel) and 12 (Perklin) for sure. Maybe it was 07?

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 12:54 PM
  #681
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored
 
notloilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
No it wasn't by you...nor was it on this board. I just threw it up here because I got a chuckle out of it.

I will throw this out there though...I'll go out on a limb and say no 96 DOB's move this year. I don't think(personally) there is a player out there worth giving up a top 22 pick from last year's draft.
If there is a guarantee that Strome and Hamilton are staying in the OHL this year, either of them would return a 96 +

notloilersfan is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 01:00 PM
  #682
KnightRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
If there is a guarantee that Strome and Hamilton are staying in the OHL this year, either of them would return a 96 +
Only if there is NO NHL!

KnightRanger is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 01:03 PM
  #683
Snippit
Registered User
 
Snippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Bulls won that deal. That's a big upgrade.

Snippit is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 01:08 PM
  #684
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
It's official so say the 67s on Twitter. Nice pick up for Belleville. Do they do more? Do the 67s keep selling?
Does this trade Open the door to Khoklachev going to the Bulls if he decides to come back? because now they have an import slot left open.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 01:50 PM
  #685
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
No it wasn't by you...nor was it on this board. I just threw it up here because I got a chuckle out of it.

I will throw this out there though...I'll go out on a limb and say no 96 DOB's move this year. I don't think(personally) there is a player out there worth giving up a top 22 pick from last year's draft.
As much as I like the promise of Liam Herbst, I would include him in a trade for John Gibson.
Only others I could picture moving would be Hargrave from Sarnia, or Bratina from Plymouth.

GangGreen is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 01:54 PM
  #686
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Does this trade Open the door to Khoklachev going to the Bulls if he decides to come back? because now they have an import slot left open.
Wow I sure hope so, KoKo would be killer on the big ice! If the bulls want to go all in then I say go for it! Does anyone know if KoKo and Zharkov are friends at all, because that might be the tipping point?

ImaBullsfan is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:19 PM
  #687
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Wow I sure hope so, KoKo would be killer on the big ice! If the bulls want to go all in then I say go for it! Does anyone know if KoKo and Zharkov are friends at all, because that might be the tipping point?
Yea I'm hearing IF he does come back which you think he would because he left his KHL Team, I'm hearing rumors he is going to the sting or the Bulls and with them unloading an import it makes you think maybe he would go there, I mean he would be a huge pick up for any contender he would make an offense alot stronger.....my deal would be:

To Windsor:
Petti
Brassard
3rd 2013
5th 2014

To Bulls:
Khoklachev

Helps Windsor because we get a young player that's a bit of a project but would be put in bigger situations here, Brassard would come back home and would be a good pick for a overages next season, and we help add some picks that we desperately need.

This helps The Bulls because Khomlachev is a star and will instantly be one of the best players in this league, if he gets 27 games in I think he can get 45+ points forsure....this would be a huge piece for you guys to make a run.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:26 PM
  #688
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Wow I sure hope so, KoKo would be killer on the big ice! If the bulls want to go all in then I say go for it! Does anyone know if KoKo and Zharkov are friends at all, because that might be the tipping point?
I think Gavrus now also becomes an option since you could move one of a few grinder type players from the Bulls in return for Gavrus who would then report back to the OHL.

As far as the trade goes, Kupstov had 13 goals last year and Graovac had 21 if I'm not mistaken so while that should be seen as an improvement I don't think it's as big a trade as some have made it out to be. Hence the reason I predict Bulls upgrade on D as well so look for a trade with the Petes as it's clear Bulls are buying.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:27 PM
  #689
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post

To Windsor:
Petti
Brassard
3rd 2013
5th 2014

To Bulls:
Khoklachev

Helps Windsor because we get a young player that's a bit of a project but would be put .
Too much for a guy who isn't even playing in the league, and won't be back next year IMO. Koko to Belleville would be awesome but I'd think a 3rd rounder plus a conditional 2nd and 3rd if he reports is a more realistic return.

heusy_79 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:32 PM
  #690
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Too much for a guy who isn't even playing in the league, and won't be back next year IMO. Koko to Belleville would be awesome but I'd think a 3rd rounder plus a conditional 2nd and 3rd if he reports is a more realistic return.
Lol that's unrealistic VERY the only and I repeat ONLY way you get him is if there is a young guy like Petti coming back and at least a couple picks....he would cost more then Grovac that's forsure. You obviously don't know how much skill this kid has, and like I said he quit his KHL team and if he wants to play in North America it has to come to Windsor.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:47 PM
  #691
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat
 
connor macdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,276
vCash: 400
Bulls won the deal without a doubt.

Kuptsov is a randy, and a few young slots help the rebuilding 67's, who have officially thrown in the towel.

A source close to the organization's top management told me that anything and everything is available for the right price.

I'm assuming the 'right price' would be 95s, 96s, and draft picks with the direction the 67's are going in.

connor macdavid is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:51 PM
  #692
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Source: Knights looking at Vince Trocheck, Cody Ceci & an unamed Goaltender.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:53 PM
  #693
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Yea I'm hearing IF he does come back which you think he would because he left his KHL Team, I'm hearing rumors he is going to the sting or the Bulls and with them unloading an import it makes you think maybe he would go there, I mean he would be a huge pick up for any contender he would make an offense alot stronger.....my deal would be:

To Windsor:
Petti
Brassard
3rd 2013
5th 2014

To Bulls:
Khoklachev

Helps Windsor because we get a young player that's a bit of a project but would be put in bigger situations here, Brassard would come back home and would be a good pick for a overages next season, and we help add some picks that we desperately need.

This helps The Bulls because Khomlachev is a star and will instantly be one of the best players in this league, if he gets 27 games in I think he can get 45+ points forsure....this would be a huge piece for you guys to make a run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Too much for a guy who isn't even playing in the league, and won't be back next year IMO. Koko to Belleville would be awesome but I'd think a 3rd rounder plus a conditional 2nd and 3rd if he reports is a more realistic return.
I think you're both at the homer extremes of what a trade for Koko would look like. Porbably somewhere in the middle. No Petti, no Brassard, but a couple seconds and a couple thirds. It is interesting that the Bulls opened up an import spot the way the did.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:54 PM
  #694
Ottomatic
Registered User
 
Ottomatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Source: Knights looking at Vince Trocheck, Cody Ceci & an unamed Goaltender.
Goalie has to be Gibson. He's the only difference maker type I could see, and one they'd just as soon keep from a Plymouth. Gibson is a guy who could steal a playoff series by himself, and the worst thing to run into in the playoffs is a hot goalie.

Ottomatic is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:54 PM
  #695
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Does this trade Open the door to Khoklachev going to the Bulls if he decides to come back? because now they have an import slot left open.
I think it means it raises his value if he decides to come back. Barrie and Oshawa are likely feeling that they need to do something. Plus it's one chip that's off the table. Less supply, greater demand, price goes up.

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:57 PM
  #696
krazy kanuck
Registered User
 
krazy kanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonsOnIce96 View Post
A source close to the organization's top management told me that anything and everything is available for the right price.

I'm assuming the 'right price' would be 95s, 96s, and draft picks with the direction the 67's are going in.
This is what I've said for the last couple weeks. I believe the 67s will unload, but they will expect good future top line 95/96 players for Ceci and (especilally) Monohan.

krazy kanuck is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 03:08 PM
  #697
Snippit
Registered User
 
Snippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Source: Knights looking at Vince Trocheck, Cody Ceci & an unamed Goaltender.

If the Knights get Ceci, it means one of Liberati or Raine is gone. I would guess Raine.

Snippit is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 03:11 PM
  #698
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored
 
notloilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Only if there is NO NHL!
Well that or if the Bruins or Islanders tell the Dogs that they don't want to waste a cheap contract year.

notloilersfan is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 03:22 PM
  #699
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I think you're both at the homer extremes of what a trade for Koko would look like. Porbably somewhere in the middle. No Petti, no Brassard, but a couple seconds and a couple thirds. It is interesting that the Bulls opened up an import spot the way the did.
Im really not with the news that there going for it next year don't you think they need to find some good young players? KOKO would fish us the best player possible trading for picks only is what hulu do in a rebuild...there NOT tradin him unless there is a good young player coming back and at least a pair of draft picks.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 03:23 PM
  #700
sbrug
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
If the Knights get Ceci, it means one of Liberati or Raine is gone. I would guess Raine.
I disagree. Ottawa would want the 17 year old Liberati who has had consistency issues but he would be a great prospect to have. Loads of potential and skill.

I really don't think the Knights will do anything to their D.

sbrug is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.