2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
Well it's not a rumor, it's a done deal, Owen Sound just picked up Sean Malone from Erie Otters, but I can't find much on him, he's not even listed on the Otter's roster list. Says he's 14th best in American players for the 2013 NHL entry draft. Anybody seen or know this guy? Is this a push from Owen Sound to go all the way?
I read they got his rights, will he report?

Old
11-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Well it's not a rumor, it's a done deal, Owen Sound just picked up Sean Malone from Erie Otters, but I can't find much on him, he's not even listed on the Otter's roster list. Says he's 14th best in American players for the 2013 NHL entry draft. Anybody seen or know this guy? Is this a push from Owen Sound to go all the way?
....from McKeen's Hockey

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/draft-b...rospects-game/

Old
11-21-2012, 09:08 AM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
I read they got his rights, will he report?
From what I read (I forget where it was) he seems pretty committed to going to college, although we have seen things change pretty quickly before.

Committed to Harvard I believe.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:25 AM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
From what I read (I forget where it was) he seems pretty committed to going to college, although we have seen things change pretty quickly before.

Committed to Harvard I believe.
I was thinking the 2 parties had a conversation before the Attack decided to get the rights. Malone might be motivated to join an OHL contender, especially if he has lighting speed and good set of hands, fits in well with Catanacci, Brace, and Smith...

anyways I's love to see him report to the team.

Old
11-21-2012, 08:46 PM
bidzey

they were talking about Malone in the second intermission, he's not going to play this season, but there's a good chance he'll sign up next season.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:16 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
they were talking about Malone in the second intermission, he's not going to play this season, but there's a good chance he'll sign up next season.
This trade is just another example that shows Sherry Bassin has lost is mind. I can not see this as a good trade for Erie in any way. So what if the kid is never going to play here, do not trade him to a team where he might decide to play for, and for only a 15th round pick? Also trading him to a team in the same division? You have to be kidding me Bassin; maybe the holiday season has him feeling generous this year .

Old
11-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
This trade is just another example that shows Sherry Bassin has lost is mind. I can not see this as a good trade for Erie in any way. So what if the kid is never going to play here, do not trade him to a team where he might decide to play for, and for only a 15th round pick? Also trading him to a team in the same division? You have to be kidding me Bassin; maybe the holiday season has him feeling generous this year .
It's gotta be a conditional pick - where by if the kid reports and plays in the OHL the pick becomes a second rounder or something.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:40 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
It's gotta be a conditional pick - where by if the kid reports and plays in the OHL the pick becomes a second rounder or something.
It is a conditional 15th round pick. My understanding is that if he reports to the Attack Erie gets the 15th rounder, if he does not report then Erie doesn't get that pick.

Old
11-22-2012, 05:50 AM
bidzey

Quote:
I though this deal was a bit offset too... 15th round? really?

Old
11-22-2012, 07:31 AM
ORYX

Quote:
It is a conditional 15th round pick. My understanding is that if he reports to the Attack Erie gets the 15th rounder, if he does not report then Erie doesn't get that pick.
Erie gets the 15th rounder no matter what. Thats how conditionals work. If he reports, it upgrades to a predetermined pick, which cannot otherwise be dealt. If he does not report, Erie retains the 15th rounder.

The pick turns into a 7th if he reports: http://www.bayshorebroadcasting.ca/n...p?NewsID=52532

It isnt poor asset management to trade players who expressly tell you, I AM NOT COMING. In fact, for a team that is starving just to make the playoffs, let alone win a round, you move the guys who dont want to be there, and stockpile what you can get for them, otherwise you arent doing your job.

Why hold onto him, to spite him?

Not even sure he'd report to the attack. Word is he has a committment to Harvard. There are no Harvards in Owensound, let alone universities.

Not a knock on Owensound by any means, but comparing facilities and off ice things, theres a lot more going for Erie then Owensound.

Old
11-22-2012, 09:52 AM
highstickside

Wait..what?

Facility in Erie is better than Owen Sound? Well...I've watched a bunch of games in Owen Sound, and if you are looking for glitz and "new", then you'd better look elsewhere.

However...from a players' perspective, I would wager that there is no better building to play in than the Lum when the place is rocking for a big game. Players will take that kind of atmosphere, where the kids are rock stars off the ice and gods upon it, than any fancy-schmancy new or recently refurbished facility where not only do most of the people in the city not know who you are, but, depending on the neighborhood in Erie, you can find yourself knifed or shot if you aren't careful.

If, for ANY reason a player chose Erie for it's facility, city, fans, coaching, management, ownership, team success (or any other factor) over Owen Sound, then I would suggest that the player would not be "Harvard material" as far as the smarts required to be accepted into that particular Ivy League establishment...

Old
11-22-2012, 10:14 AM
tjziel

London Knights Interested in Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci

Could you imagine Monahan setting up Seth Griffith? I think it would be worth it!! With the Ottawa 67's struggling in the East, they will be looking to the future and build up a team. Sean Monahan has a 50/50 he will be sent back to junior next year, and the same can be said for Cody Ceci. With the Knights supposely making a serious bid for the 2014 Memorial Cup. GM's of the two players, might just want to send them back next year, to improve their development and add to their pedigree of winning, which will improve their confidence as they reach the NHL level.
As for a trade I think here is a fair price tag, how about Chris Tierney, Remi Elie, Jacob Jammes/Miles Liberti, 2 second round picks and a conditional 3 round pick for Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci. It would remind me when we got John Tavares and Michael Del Zotto, but we could have then for one more year. Then here is what our lines would look like:

J. Anderson S. Monahan S. Griffith
B. Horvat A. Broadhurst Max Domi
M. Rupert R. Rupert A. Restoule
C. Pawley B. Welychka K. Plazter

S. Harrington C. Ceci
N. Zaradov O. Maatta
K. Raine T. Ferry

Old
11-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Ottomatic

^Is Dave Reid the GM of Ottawa now?

Old
11-22-2012, 10:28 AM
OHLTG

I'd imagine any London/??? deal starts with Horvat?

Old
11-22-2012, 02:27 PM
OSA

There's no question that a deal between the 67's and Knights that involves Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci going to London will involve Bo Horvat going to Ottawa. Horvat is the Knights' equivalent of an underage rookie that most other teams in discussions with the 67's will be offering.

If Owen Sound is interested, then Jacob Middleton is on the table; if Belleville is interested, then Niki Petti is being offered; if Mississauga is interested, then Damian Bourne will be going the other way.

Unless both Monahan and Ceci state that they will only accept a trade to London (thereby enabling another Dave Reid-like fleecing) then the Knights will not get these players for some depth guys and player with only 1.5 years left in the league.

Old
11-22-2012, 04:03 PM
aresknights

Cant see Horvat moving. Mark would just pass if its a deal breaker for any1 (at least Id hope so) If he cant get it done with other pieces he looks elsewhere.
Horvat is an important piece for this team NOW and for 2 more years. He bringd things others in line up dont or cant as yet.
I still think one of the 67s could be had without Bo (or Domi) moving, if not as I said, pass and move on

Old
11-22-2012, 07:50 PM
NHL Fanatic

Trade's official- Petes trade Zach Lorentz, Trevor Murphy & a 6th round pick in 2013 for Windsor's Brandon Devlin, Derek Schoenmakers & a 6th round pick in 2014

Old
11-23-2012, 03:21 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSA View Post
There's no question that a deal between the 67's and Knights that involves Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci going to London will involve Bo Horvat going to Ottawa. Horvat is the Knights' equivalent of an underage rookie that most other teams in discussions with the 67's will be offering.

If Owen Sound is interested, then Jacob Middleton is on the table; if Belleville is interested, then Niki Petti is being offered; if Mississauga is interested, then Damian Bourne will be going the other way.

Unless both Monahan and Ceci state that they will only accept a trade to London (thereby enabling another Dave Reid-like fleecing) then the Knights will not get these players for some depth guys and player with only 1.5 years left in the league.
If Belleville is interested it won't involve Petti as he's the official face of the Bulls and that would be a tremendous about face that a George Burnett won't do. I'd think it would involve one of the Russians though for sure since both are 94s with Zharkov already drafted and Kupstov to be drafted this year.

Old
11-23-2012, 03:40 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Trade's official- Petes trade Zach Lorentz, Trevor Murphy & a 6th round pick in 2013 for Windsor's Brandon Devlin, Derek Schoenmakers & a 6th round pick in 2014
Although I may not like it, the deal in fact does work for both teams.

The way I see it, if your the Petes, you've just improved in your own end as well as gained some leadership.

You might say well Devlin isn't that great. Well he didn't like Windsor and in the end if you don't like where your playing your not going to perform. I think Devlin will be great as a Pete especially if he gets paired with a Seymour or Boland.

Schoenmakers provides some offensive leadership as well.

If they can keep pucks out of the net which I think they will be able to do better with Devlin and Giugovaz in net + score 2-3 or more goals a game which I think they can do as well with Ritchie, Tanus and Koekkoek They might be able to win some games.

Trevor Murphy Requested a trade home at the beginning of this season and got what he wanted, again if you don't like where your playing your not going to perform to your full potential.

If your the Windsor Spitfires, you've improved on Bateman a ton by adding Murphy plus you brought Murphy back home. Lorrentz should be able to add some scoring as well which is what the Spits need.

I still believe the Spit's core problem lies within their 94's. and I believe acquiring Murphy opens the exit door even more for Bateman.

Trade will help both teams. Good trade, my only complaint is that it goes against what the Petes should be doing, which is building for the next few years.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:19 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Although I may not like it, the deal in fact does work for both teams.

The way I see it, if your the Petes, you've just improved in your own end as well as gained some leadership.

You might say well Devlin isn't that great. Well he didn't like Windsor and in the end if you don't like where your playing your not going to perform. I think Devlin will be great as a Pete especially if he gets paired with a Seymour or Boland.

Schoenmakers provides some offensive leadership as well.

If they can keep pucks out of the net which I think they will be able to do better with Devlin and Giugovaz in net + score 2-3 or more goals a game which I think they can do as well with Ritchie, Tanus and Koekkoek They might be able to win some games.

Trevor Murphy Requested a trade home at the beginning of this season and got what he wanted, again if you don't like where your playing your not going to perform to your full potential.

If your the Windsor Spitfires, you've improved on Bateman a ton by adding Murphy plus you brought Murphy back home. Lorrentz should be able to add some scoring as well which is what the Spits need.

I still believe the Spit's core problem lies within their 94's. and I believe acquiring Murphy opens the exit door even more for Bateman.

Trade will help both teams. Good trade, my only complaint is that it goes against what the Petes should be doing, which is building for the next few years.
Seems like a useless trade for both teams. Just shuffling the deck and mgmt trying to motivate fans??

Old
11-24-2012, 07:26 AM
massey

Hottot quits

Hottot quit the Sarnia Sting.His performance amongst the 13 games of suspensions has been terrible.Presumed the coach got tired of the BS.There is an OA available if the Sting releases him.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Petes96

Hey trade with the Petes. We'll give you players for anyone that doesn't want to play anymore. Prime for the picking in Petesland. We have a new GM that seems to have the same outcome

Old
11-24-2012, 12:33 PM
KnightsInsider93

Schoenmakers has gone home to Kitchener to think about things. I think if he is going to play in the OHL it has to be with the Kitchener Rangers. Kitchener does have an OA spot available if they want to acquire Schoenmakers, It wouldn't take much.

If he doesn't play OHL he's going to go to school at Wilfred Laurier in Kitchener.

Old
11-24-2012, 01:18 PM
dannyboy8920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
Hey trade with the Petes. We'll give you players for anyone that doesn't want to play anymore. Prime for the picking in Petesland. We have a new GM that seems to have the same outcome
I wish the Gens weren't arch rivals. We could really use a Dman like Slater.

We should have the young forwards to entice some teams to make a move for a Dman or Goalie that may make the pro jump next year.

I'd like to see them dangle someone like Cassels + picks for a high end back-end help.

If things spiral for the Soo. Any interest:

TO Oshawa:
Nurse
Broll

TO Soo:
Cassels
Hore or similar rookie Dman
2nd
2nd
-----

Last edited by dannyboy8920: 11-24-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old
11-24-2012, 01:50 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I wish the Gens weren't arch rivals. We could really use a Dman like Slater.

We should have the young forwards to entice some teams to make a move for a Dman or Goalie that may make the pro jump next year.

I'd like to see them dangle someone like Cassels + picks for a high end back-end help.

If things spiral for the Soo. Any interest:

TO Oshawa:
Nurse
Broll

TO Soo:
Cassels
Hore or similar rookie Dman
2nd
2nd
-----
The hounds consider Nurse a franchise player no way is he part of any deal
The one u have offered falls well short