11-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The hounds consider Nurse a franchise player no way is he part of any deal
The one u have offered falls well short
I understand. Franchise dman though? we are talking about junior hockey here. Where players are moved no matter there status; if it means progressing them in the future (i understand Darnell has some years left). See the Tavares, Del zotto trade; both were elite at the time.

I wonder if there are any teams willing to move a Tavares like deal?

Old
11-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
I understand. Franchise dman though? we are talking about junior hockey here. Where players are moved no matter there status; if it means progressing them in the future (i understand Darnell has some years left). See the Tavares, Del zotto trade; both were elite at the time.

I wonder if there are any teams willing to move a Tavares like deal?
Nurse will get moved if the Soo stays on the track they are currently going down, I mean who knows he may not be back in the O next season, if he does get moved you can garuntee it will only be for an over payment...your not getting Darnell for anything less then an overpayment.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
KnightRanger

Lots of Rumours circulating out there....LFP had an article about London possibly going after Galchenyuk or Trochek.

I doubt many of the contending teams make too much noise until there is a clear direction as to what's going on with the NHL, but that being said, there are a lot of contending teams this year in the West and waiting too long, you may lose out!!!

Spotter in Kitchener has been on record saying with this being the 50 Anniversary year, they will be making a move. I would assume Owen Sound, Guelph and Plymouth will likely add pieces. Standing pat last year didn't work so well for the Whalers or the Rangers!

It's been a while since the West was this tight accross the board. Going to get interesting to see who makes what moves.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Lots of Rumours circulating out there....LFP had an article about London possibly going after Galchenyuk or Trochek.

I doubt many of the contending teams make too much noise until there is a clear direction as to what's going on with the NHL, but that being said, there are a lot of contending teams this year in the West and waiting too long, you may lose out!!!

Spotter in Kitchener has been on record saying with this being the 50 Anniversary year, they will be making a move. I would assume Owen Sound, Guelph and Plymouth will likely add pieces. Standing pat last year didn't work so well for the Whalers or the Rangers!

It's been a while since the West was this tight accross the board. Going to get interesting to see who makes what moves.
I am not a london fan but I think Trochek would be a great addition, He would still cost a little but not as much as Galchenyuk.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Would the Sting trade Galchenyuk to one of their biggest rivals?

Old
11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Would the Sting trade Galchenyuk to one of their biggest rivals?
I think they will trade him to whomever gives them the best offer! Just makes sense

Old
11-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Nurse will get moved if the Soo stays on the track they are currently going down, I mean who knows he may not be back in the O next season, if he does get moved you can garuntee it will only be for an over payment...your not getting Darnell for anything less then an overpayment.
Understandable.
With the way trades happen in the OHL.
young guys + 2nd rounds is the best they can really offer.

I'd consider moving Dal Colle + young Dman + picks. If it ment we were getting a stud.

IMO the Gens need to go for it. They have the artillery up front. They just need to solidify some key positions.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
tourlord*

[QUOTE=KnightRanger;56044369]Lots of Rumours circulating out there....LFP had an article about London possibly going after Galchenyuk or Trochek.QUOTE]Galchenyuk would be the better fit but like that guy said Trochek might be easier to get and he brings speed and experience.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Ward Cornell

Galchenyuk may not even be in play with the NHL season unknown at this time. I guess if a team wanted to send a bunch of conditional picks it could happen.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:21 PM
massey

[QUOTE=tourlord;56050481]
Quote:
Lots of Rumours circulating out there....LFP had an article about London possibly going after Galchenyuk or Trochek.QUOTE]Galchenyuk would be the better fit but like that guy said Trochek might be easier to get and he brings speed and experience.
I think Sting will want toooo much for Gali.Cant imagine London spending the picks it would take.they have great chemistry with there guys today.I also think the sting fans would go crazy also.Sting having enough PR troubles now.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:45 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
The hounds consider Nurse a franchise player no way is he part of any deal
The one u have offered falls well short
Nurse has all the raw potential, size, speed, strength, but he continues to be RAW. He is not a franchise player. He has the makings of a franchise player, but he doesnt stick out in games, and is living off his Resume, rather than his current stats/production.

He continues to live off his past hype, but time will pass this kid by. He needs to get into a properly run team defence for him to get to the next step.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:51 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
The Barrie Colts have announced today that they have completed a trade with the Ottawa 67’s.

The Barrie Colts obtain a 3rd round pick in 2013. In exchange the Colts send the Ottawa 67’s, forward Brendan Bell.
I would imagine the Colts are adding a pick to make another move...

Old
11-27-2012, 06:36 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

I think Galchenyuk remains in Sarnia TBH. As I wrote in the Sting thread, I doubt ownership will have the guts to pull the trigger on Galchenyuk especially if they remain competitive (and given tht his dad remains on the Sting staff). If he does get moved then I'm betting its to a close team with lots of prospects/assets ($$$ haha) ...ahem, London. I don't see him going too far from the area.

I do think a team like Oshawa could be interested in Connor Murphy (D). Charles Sarault would also be a good fit in Kitchener as they could improve their C spot.

Sarnia will be an interesting team to watch if management does what it appears most of its fans want and that is to move their players for great assets. It will obviously come down to the asking price and what teams are offering.

Potential players to be moved from Sarnia (if the team enters sell mode...which i still doubt):
- Galchenyuk
- C Murphy
- Sarault
- Boucher
- DeAngelo (not necessary but there could be huge interest)
- Hottot (if he's willing to play elsewhere)
- DiPaolo (underrated dman that hasn't been seeing too much ice these past few seasons)
- JP Anderson (only if a team is in need of a starting G ...injury
Replacement ??)
- potentially, Duininck (he likes it in sarnia though), or Basso (not sure what kind of interest there would be)

Goldobin, Hargrave, Renaud, Brown, Nikandrov I don't see getting moved

One deal that would get men nterested if i am Sarnia is:

Bo Horvat, Remi Elie, Jammes, Centorame/ or Liberati plus some picks
For
Galchenyuk, Boucher, C Murphy

Just thinking outloud ...don't shoot me (haha)

It wouldn't be great asset management but it would load London up as the CHL's most doninant team and restock Sarnia pretty nicely with talent that that could keep them competitive.

Last edited by dean youngblood82: 11-27-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old
11-27-2012, 09:14 AM
bidzey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Nurse has all the raw potential, size, speed, strength, but he continues to be RAW. He is not a franchise player. He has the makings of a franchise player, but he doesnt stick out in games, and is living off his Resume, rather than his current stats/production.

He continues to live off his past hype, but time will pass this kid by. He needs to get into a properly run team defence for him to get to the next step.
FINALLY!!! someone on this board sees Nurse the way I do. I have been watching him play this year, he on the ice alot when the team is scored on. He started the season very well but consistancy is an issue. Sometime I wonder if anyone has reasons to be bias about their comments on him. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player and can be a franchise player, but he'll have to be a bit more consistant.
I definitly don't place him second on the OHL list.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Ottomatic

Galchenyuk's father on Sting staff? Why didn't Windsor think of that.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Beaulieu told Montreal's La Presse newspaper that Galchenyuk won't be dealt:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...d-de-train.php

«C'est sűr qu'on ne l'échangera pas», a assuré Jacques Beaulieu.

«It's certain that we will not trade him» is what that translates too.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:16 PM
tjziel

Quote:

I'm still convinced that the Knights will be interested in Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci. Price tag would be Chris Tierney Remi Elie Jacob Jammes, and two second rounders and a third.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:38 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Beaulieu told Montreal's La Presse newspaper that Galchenyuk won't be dealt:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...d-de-train.php

«C'est sűr qu'on ne l'échangera pas», a assuré Jacques Beaulieu.

«It's certain that we will not trade him» is what that translates too.
While I agree that Sarnia likely retains Galchenyuk, Beaulieu (and other GMs) have been known to say one thing and do another. If situations change and the Dting spiral to the bottom of the standings the team would be foolish not to shop him

Old
11-27-2012, 02:16 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

As a Dogs fan, wondering if anyone has heard who Niagara might trade Hamilton, Strome and Ritchie too should the lockout last?

Old
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjziel View Post
I'm still convinced that the Knights will be interested in Sean Monahan and Cody Ceci. Price tag would be Chris Tierney Remi Elie Jacob Jammes, and two second rounders and a third.
Your hilarious,you think your going to get both of them for your spare parts and a few draft picks what you offered will get you one of them if you want to get both someone by the name of Domi or Horvat has to be going the other way so Ottawas GM has something of real value to show there fans, a 94 player that hasent put up great numbers and a pair of 95s who really haven't done any thing YET in there career a pair of seconds and a third for BOTH, not happening that's just completely unrealistic.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Spitsfan67*

I mean Monahan is probably THE Best playmaker and one of the best players in the OHL this year and Ceci is one of the best offensive AND all around dmans in this league the price tag WILL Be high.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
I mean Monahan is probably THE Best playmaker and one of the best players in the OHL this year and Ceci is one of the best offensive AND all around dmans in this league the price tag WILL Be high.
I also think that Ottawa would get a lot more if traded separately.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:28 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Strome says Hi.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Schoenmakers has gone home to Kitchener to think about things. I think if he is going to play in the OHL it has to be with the Kitchener Rangers. Kitchener does have an OA spot available if they want to acquire Schoenmakers, It wouldn't take much.

If he doesn't play OHL he's going to go to school at Wilfred Laurier in Kitchener.
Schoenmakers is hoping for Kitchener or London as a landing spot,although u would think maybe Owen Sd,dump Zweep get more scoring

Old
11-27-2012, 05:05 PM
superspitfan99

Steelheads are going to need to do something but likely at the deadline. They should be sellers because if they don't they will likely lose Percy, DeMelo and definately Brace next year and get nothing in return for them.

They are playing well as a team, yes, but they've got nothing really to buy with, other than their top guys and without that will likely not make it through more than one or two rounds of playoffs which then will leave them with nothing for next year to work with.

Opinions anyone?

Closed Thread