HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
5 min in 2 shots for noesen. Back hander at the tenders head and a ringer.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Noesen scored.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:56 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Watching Noesen. Slicker skater than Puempel.
I completely forgot about him being in town tonight.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Kekumba

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Noesen and Puempel don't believe in assists, apparently.

Old
10-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

I thought noesen got an assist but he wasnt credited. He anchors the pp. He tries to set up. Guys just cant convert. 6-2 end of second. Noesen has like 6 shots and is +3 or more. He is also on the pk.

Old
10-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggen View Post
I've followed Wikstrand closely for around 4 years. The developement of this player is kind of a mystery. He started as a great great talent. But then, he got abit stale. He got alot of praise from his coach. But a few could see anything in this player. Even last year, his game was kind of mediocrity. But then, bam. This season. He's been a totally different player. He plays extremely confident in the d zone, and he shows extremely competence in understanding the game also. I would compare him to Mattias Ekholm but abit more clever.

Hope this helps you out on deciding the fate for this prospect.
Dude, what you are saying is useless... You haven't seen him at the Sens Rookie Camp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I do think it has to do with that because the majority of our Swedish prospects have developed very well in Swedish leagues (SEL, SEL-2). Also, in regards to the HFBoards poll, there was no real guidelines set to voting. Some people claimed higher ceilings meant more than talent at that point, while some people simply chose the prospect that intrigued them the most. I was certainly one of those who voted for Wikstrand because we, at least the vast majority of us, haven't seen much from our recent late round picks. It's all about intrigue. How many of us have seen Boyle play?

Going off of that poll isn't viable evidence of being over-hyped.
I think we should seriously think about calling these polls "Sens most intriguing prospects", because a lot of people don't really understand that we are not qualified or don't have enough evidence to compare them objectively all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Again, no one was saying he's a superstar. He's not a blue-chip prospect. He's not a sure thing to make the NHL. People are saying exactly the bolded, but are optimistic because of how well he is playing now. It isn't common to see a 7th round pick doing what he's doing right now in the SEL-2 and people are taking notice. That's not over-hyping.
Also, the "hype" comes from people over the sea that aren't necessarily Sens fan, so I don't see the bias... I see more bias in the opposite direction, when someone tries to discredit the player based on nothing (like he plays in a crappy league or hasn't shone in rookie camp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
We've seen this countless times though. Prospects light up lower leagues and then struggle when they move up. The SEL is far from being a breeding ground for NHL talent, and we're looking at a guy playing in SEL-2. I've gotten my hopes up too many times, but really it's a simple numbers game. It's not really worth considering a player until he does something in a legit league.
Nobody forces you to get your hopes up. I don't mean to pick on you but I've read this so many times... If someone can't go through a little disappointment like a favorite hockey prospect busting, I wonder how they can go through real life.

No one talked about Wikstrand and his NHL future. Everybody is enjoyed by the fact that he is tearing up a lower junior league, which is where he should be at 18 y/o, just after being drafted in the 7th round. Just let the sun enter your heart

Hope is what keeps humanity going, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, there's no point in being "cautiously optimistic", that's playing it scared. Disappointments are part of life, just like rejoicement

Last edited by Xspyrit: 10-20-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old
10-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post

I think we should seriously think about calling these polls "Sens most intriguing prospects", because a lot of people don't really understand that we are not qualified or don't have enough evidence to compare them objectively all together.
This is a really good point.

If I'm honest, I vote mostly on hype and hearsay. I'm wrong a lot more than I'm right, and a lot of the later guys I vote on I couldn't even tell you what position they play.

Old
10-20-2012, 02:49 PM
blair7

Does anyone know what's going with Culek? I haven't heard or seen anything since he was sent down and it appears he hasn't played at all.

Old
10-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blair7 View Post
Does anyone know what's going with Culek? I haven't heard or seen anything since he was sent down and it appears he hasn't played at all.
The talk is that Rimouski don't really want him and are trying to move him. They have (I believe) until Tuesday to trade him or place him on CHL waivers.

Old
10-24-2012, 11:01 AM
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"

Any updates on Prince?

Old
10-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
The talk is that Rimouski don't really want him and are trying to move him. They have (I believe) until Tuesday to trade him or place him on CHL waivers.
Rimouski has finally issued a statement saying he won't be playing with the Oceanic this year. He will continue to skate with them until a deal can be worked out. The 14 day period cannot start until he plays at least 1 game, which he hasn't. The article also said one team has shown interest.

http://www.lavantage.qc.ca/l-oceanic...pour-l-oceanic

Here is a translated portion of the article:

Whoever wore the jersey 41 in Rimouski Oceanic Jakub Culek, will not play for the Rimouski Oceanic this season, unless a major and unforeseen circumstances. His dual status player 20 years and European player plays completely against him.

Property of the Ottawa Senators, with whom he is under contract for three years, Culek continues to train with the team to stay in shape and be able to take action is a transaction carried out by the Oceanic or Senators because he will have found a place in the ECHL.

Joined on this issue by the end of Monday afternoon, the CEO of Oceanic, Philippe Boucher, confirms that as long as Culek has not played its first game, the countdown on the duration of its presence (14 days) does not start. Technically, by his first game with the team, he is not on the list of active players training.

Old
10-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
Rimouski has finally issued a statement saying he won't be playing with the Oceanic this year. He will continue to skate with them until a deal can be worked out. The 14 day period cannot start until he plays at least 1 game, which he hasn't. The article also said one team has shown interest.

Whoever wore the jersey 41 in Rimouski Oceanic Jakub Culek, will not play for the Rimouski Oceanic this season, unless a major and unforeseen circumstances. His dual status player 20 years and European player plays completely against him.

Property of the Ottawa Senators, with whom he is under contract for three years, Culek continues to train with the team to stay in shape and be able to take action is a transaction carried out by the Oceanic or Senators because he will have found a place in the ECHL.

Joined on this issue by the end of Monday afternoon, the CEO of Oceanic, Philippe Boucher, confirms that as long as Culek has not played its first game, the countdown on the duration of its presence (14 days) does not start. Technically, by his first game with the team, he is not on the list of active players training.
Brutal, poor Culke - hopefully this only motivates him to get into the NHL - remember Kris Draper was once traded for $1 - I think it was Murray who acquired him in Detroit so maybe Culek uses this as a positive.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Brutal, poor Culke - hopefully this only motivates him to get into the NHL - remember Kris Draper was once traded for $1 - I think it was Murray who acquired him in Detroit so maybe Culek uses this as a positive.
It is hard to find room for him on any team. He takes up two roster spots on whichever team he is on, tough to justify placing him in a line-up.

Old
10-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Pilgore88

Has there been any news on Jarrod Maidens? I know head injuries are a delicate matter, but getting him back on the ice would be great for this organization. I think he would put up a PPG playing a good two-way game if healthy. (And give me another team to follow)

Old
10-24-2012, 05:40 PM
starling

Puempel and Ceci named to OHL Superseries team.
Ceci will play first game, Puempel both.
Game 1 – Thursday November 8 at Guelph, ON
Game 2 – Monday November 12 at Sarnia, ON

Old
10-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Alf Silfversson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post

Too bad for the kid. He needs to be playing somewhere to have any chance at a decent pro career.

at those who said that Pageau and Prince were ECHL bound because they'd be outperformed by the likes of Culek.

Old
10-24-2012, 05:50 PM
playasRus

Is there no room for him in the ECHL? Is he not competitive enough to play there? Don't understand why he's in a stand still.

Old
10-24-2012, 06:31 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensPromo View Post
Any updates on Prince?
He favourited my tweet, he'll be back soon.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Noesen, Ceci, Puempel.

Any other Sens prospects playing in the OHL right now?

Old
10-25-2012, 06:08 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Noesen, Ceci, Puempel.

Any other Sens prospects playing in the OHL right now?
playing? no. Maidens is injured indefinitely with post-concussion issues.

it's hard to draw any conclusions with only 3-6 gp in the AHL so far, but Robin Lehner looks like the top goalie, though 30-yo Dov Grummet-Morris looks pretty damn good in his 2 games in san antonio. Could be another tim-thomas type story if he keeps this up - drafted in the 5th round by philly, 4 years at harvard, starts in the CHL (central hockey league), Spends time bouncing up and down in ECHL/AHL, Goes to austria, slovenia, and norway, now back in the AHL and looking good. Shame he's stuck behind Markstrom in san antonio (they've split the 4 games so far, with grummet-morris looking far superior in every way).

Last edited by danishh: 10-25-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
playing? no. Maidens is injured indefinitely with post-concussion issues.
Okay.

Ceci is signing my sons jersey tomorrow, so I will have all three.

If Maidens plays again, I will get him to sign it too.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:11 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Going to the Hitmen game tomorrow.

Hopefully Drieger gets the start

Old
10-26-2012, 02:53 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
So CHL seasons are 72 games right? If thats the case Noesen and Puempel are both at 45 goal paces with 7 in 11. Not particularily surprising for either of them, but Noesens ppg has dropped a good amount from last season (small sample size)

Old
10-26-2012, 03:40 PM
FlapjackSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
So CHL seasons are 72 games right? If thats the case Noesen and Puempel are both at 45 goal paces with 7 in 11. Not particularily surprising for either of them, but Noesens ppg has dropped a good amount from last season (small sample size)
Good to see, but you gotta think teams are beginning to 'key' in on these guys, especially being older now.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
68 games

Closed Thread