HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2012, 09:03 AM
  #426
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Somebody will start selling them at SBP when the season starts up. Great idea.

operasen is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 10:27 AM
  #427
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,371
vCash: 500
A bit concerned with a somewhat slow start from Noesen.

Being a -6 when your team is leading the division isn't very good. Just a slow start out of the gate, or what?

Marvelous Manked is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 10:47 AM
  #428
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 13,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
A bit concerned with a somewhat slow start from Noesen.

Being a -6 when your team is leading the division isn't very good. Just a slow start out of the gate, or what?
He is getting thrown into all sorts of situations. If a 4th liner gets kicked out of the game, he is the one picking up the slack.

Qward is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 03:58 PM
  #429
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
A bit concerned with a somewhat slow start from Noesen.

Being a -6 when your team is leading the division isn't very good. Just a slow start out of the gate, or what?
Maybe he got worse.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 06:01 PM
  #430
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Maybe he got worse.
BLASPHEMY!i

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 07:28 PM
  #431
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"
 
SensPromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Brassard in net now for the Q in the Subway Series

SensPromo is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 11:41 PM
  #432
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,371
vCash: 500
Mika Zibanejad has 19 career professional games in North America (between Ottawa and Bingo) and has never scored a goal.

Kind of worrying, but nothing too serious.

Marvelous Manked is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 11:46 PM
  #433
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,067
vCash: 500
To be honest, I don't think I'm reading way too much into it, but that shoutout goal really calmed me down cause it showed me he knows how to score, he just needs to make better use of his chances to be able to finish like that. It was a very slick move that not many can perform the way he did in that sense.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
11-07-2012, 11:49 PM
  #434
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
To be honest, I don't think I'm reading way too much into it, but that shoutout goal really calmed me down cause it showed me he knows how to score, he just needs to make better use of his chances to be able to finish like that. It was a very slick move that not many can perform the way he did in that sense.
I agree.

I don't think it's a big deal, it's just surprising.

Marvelous Manked is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 08:49 AM
  #435
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
How are Zibanejad, Petersson and Silfverberg doing?

Nordic* is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 09:32 AM
  #436
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
How are Zibanejad, Petersson and Silfverberg doing?
Meh.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 09:59 AM
  #437
White Goodman
smell that fitness?
 
White Goodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: England
Posts: 6,523
vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
How are Zibanejad, Petersson and Silfverberg doing?
Ask us about Hoffman instead!

White Goodman is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
  #438
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
How are Zibanejad, Petersson and Silfverberg doing?
Ask us about Lehner instead.

sg58 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 01:35 PM
  #439
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob Silfverberg View Post
Ask us about Hoffman instead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Ask us about Lehner instead.



That bad, huh?

Nordic* is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 01:50 PM
  #440
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 4,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
That bad, huh?
The whole B-Sens are struggling offensively. I am not a very big fan of the system Richardson has implemented. Even though it has said to mimic that of Ottawa, it doesn't seem like it to me.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:05 PM
  #441
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
That bad, huh?
No, not that bad, but it depends on who you talk to around here.

Generally, they've had games where they haven't done much, and they've had games where they could have easily had a goal or two. The longer the numbers don't come the more fans react like all they've had is the former.

Couple bounces here and there and both could be 0.75 per game on a team that is struggling to score throughout. And you know that even if they did have more to show on paper, they still have more to give as players.

The thing is with top prospects in hockey markets is that although there's some that are clearly out to lunch and talk about how they think each of their prospects is gonna be a 40 goal guy, but most talk like their expectations are tempered. What actually happens is that when those top prospects don't show us glimpses of being that 40 goal guy, that all-around decent game he just played, although not exciting, is seen as a huge failure.

Like the amount of circle jerking that'd be going on if either of these guys were flirting with a PPG, we'd be seeing everyone here debate which guy is going to win more Richard trophies. There's a middle ground, Silfverberg and Zibanejad have been in it - it's disappointing people.


Last edited by Minister of Offence: 11-08-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 02:11 PM
  #442
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
The whole B-Sens are struggling offensively. I am not a very big fan of the system Richardson has implemented. Even though it has said to mimic that of Ottawa, it doesn't seem like it to me.
No system works if the players using it are getting outplayed. Richardson's a rookie at this and he's got a challenge to work with early (not to make it seem that bad). But to be fair, chirping the system from your computer is never really fair.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
  #443
SensPromo
AKA "Inf4mous0ne"
 
SensPromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
That bad, huh?
They've all looked decent, Zibanejad has great speed. Just are lacking production atm so that's why you got that response. With a team lacking in offense (lots of rookie players and head coach), it's to be expected. Lehner has done very well so far though

SensPromo is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 03:30 PM
  #444
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
The whole B-Sens are struggling offensively. I am not a very big fan of the system Richardson has implemented. Even though it has said to mimic that of Ottawa, it doesn't seem like it to me.
It's hard to mimic Ottawa's system when Bingo doesn't have a Karlsson to initiate every breakout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
No, not that bad, but it depends on who you talk to around here.

Generally, they've had games where they haven't done much, and they've had games where they could have easily had a goal or two. The longer the numbers don't come the more fans react like all they've had is the former.

Couple bounces here and there and both could be 0.75 per game on a team that is struggling to score throughout. And you know that even if they did have more to show on paper, they still have more to give as players.

The thing is with top prospects in hockey markets is that although there's some that are clearly out to lunch and talk about how they think each of their prospects is gonna be a 40 goal guy, but most talk like their expectations are tempered. What actually happens is that when those top prospects don't show us glimpses of being that 40 goal guy, that all-around decent game he just played, although not exciting, is seen as a huge failure.

Like the amount of circle jerking that'd be going on if either of these guys were flirting with a PPG, we'd be seeing everyone here debate which guy is going to win more Richard trophies. There's a middle ground, Silfverberg and Zibanejad have been in it - it's disappointing people.
Pretty much.

I'd like to think I've learned this lesson from watching Oiler fans pimp Sam Gagner and Andrew Cogliano, and that I tend to be conservative in my projections.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
  #445
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
How are Zibanejad, Petersson and Silfverberg doing?
Zibanejad has been average. Flashes of brilliance at times. Petersson has been one of our best players the last 3 games but lacks finishing and doesn't really help constitute much else besides the offensive zone. Silfverberg has been easily the best of the 3. Excellent on the PK and in the offensive zone. He creates multiple chances for players and has a couple himself. He just plays with players that aren't on his IQ level so they don't read his passes or help him in the cycle which he has just dominated. He just needs to be more acquainted with the smaller ice and he'll flourish.

Of all the Swedes, Lehner has been downright phenomenal and that's the best news for me.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
11-08-2012, 07:54 PM
  #446
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 11,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
No system works if the players using it are getting outplayed. Richardson's a rookie at this and he's got a challenge to work with early (not to make it seem that bad). But to be fair, chirping the system from your computer is never really fair.
Agreed, a rookie coach with half a team of rookies although Sterling has a ton of experience. It's very early, I think they will be fine, they also have had a lot of injuries. They need a healthy Stone & Cowen to return soon.

Really like what I see from Dzuirzynski & the coaching staff have him playing in all kinds of situations, he's big, he's tough, he can score & he is very good defensively. Could be a very good 4th liner in Ottawa some day.

aragorn is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
  #447
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Agreed, a rookie coach with half a team of rookies although Sterling has a ton of experience. It's very early, I think they will be fine, they also have had a lot of injuries. They need a healthy Stone & Cowen to return soon.

Really like what I see from Dzuirzynski & the coaching staff have him playing in all kinds of situations, he's big, he's tough, he can score & he is very good defensively. Could be a very good 4th liner in Ottawa some day.
So exciting.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
  #448
Saabman0508
Harb Quote Count: 9
 
Saabman0508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
So exciting.

Saabman0508 is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 02:01 PM
  #449
Alf Silfversson
Registered User
 
Alf Silfversson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
So exciting.
I like him because he's big.

That and his size make him an exciting prospect.

I think with his large frame he could make a big impact playing on Ottawa's massive fourth line. I think this kid could play some huge minutes for the Sens one day.

Big Time!!

Alf Silfversson is offline  
Old
11-09-2012, 02:19 PM
  #450
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfverberger View Post
I like him because he's big.

That and his size make him an exciting prospect.

I think with his large frame he could make a big impact playing on Ottawa's massive fourth line. I think this kid could play some huge minutes for the Sens one day.

Big Time!!
I see what you did there.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.