HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 08:31 AM
R2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Well that sucks. Kid likes to party in the offseason but I have no idea if that would be impacting him now.
It isn't necessarily a reflection of him. Being a defenseman on a terrible team is incredibly difficult - it screws you up quite a bit with your situational awareness when no one is being covered.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Karlstrobe
Lazer Lazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Well that sucks. Kid likes to party in the offseason but I have no idea if that would be impacting him now.
I went to a dj event at liquor store 2 sundays ago, ceci was there popping bottles having a blast. I dont think its just in his off season..

Old
12-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Bazel5

Any news on Wikstrand? Haven't heard about him in a bit. Thanks in advanced

Old
12-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazel5 View Post
I've seen people say he may be leaned on the most out of Swedish Dmen. Of course, 2 of their studs are out...but it could be great experience for him as a prospect.

I think he's continued to produce.

9+9 in 27 games (post draft, 19 years old). Pretty good when you put them beside OEL's 9+18 in 42 post draft year (18 years old). Don't get carried away with the comparison...just the production is nothing short of impressive for the 7th rounder.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:13 AM
sg58

Quote:
9(7 without shootout winners)+9 in 27, selected to be on the WJC team, progressing fine. Playing good minutes on Mora's top pairing, quarterbacking the power play.

He's shown he can handle the SEL-2, will most likely step up to the SEL next year. He's coming along great for a 7th rounder, most of these guys are still in junior.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Minister of Offence

Ah yes, the shoot out goals.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I've done the same. As European football (soccer) fans say, Club > Country.

The success of Ottawa Senator prospects is much more important than Canada winning the WJC. Thus cheering for Sweden because they had Sens prospects on their team.
Yes, that, and the fact that I hate TSN hype-machine that has commercialized the World Junior team.

Old
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Bazel5

Great thanks for the update guys, much appreciated.

Old
12-07-2012, 02:31 PM
sg58

Quote:
Great thanks for the update guys, much appreciated.
OT, but why is your picture backwards?

Old
12-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
So that he faces in not out.

Keep that in mind if you ever get a tattoo.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:36 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2010 View Post
It isn't necessarily a reflection of him. Being a defenseman on a terrible team is incredibly difficult - it screws you up quite a bit with your situational awareness when no one is being covered.
This is very true. Most of the 67s forwards don't do a good job of helping out the D. I find the 67s defence is often trying to contain 2 or 3 guys at a time.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:08 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
I'm pretty hyped that Ceci and Peumpel weren't invited to camp because it's easier for me to cheer AGAINST Team Canada, which I've started doing the last couple of years.
I've started rooting for Sens prospects over a specific country personally.

Old
12-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
This is very true. Most of the 67s forwards don't do a good job of helping out the D. I find the 67s defence is often trying to contain 2 or 3 guys at a time.
I agree with this. I can't say I've seen a 67s game this year, but I watch all the highlight packages and it isn't often that Ceci is directly responsible for a goal against. Many times he'll be covering a man and one of the other 67s on the ice will lose their man, other times he'll be forced to cover multiple players at once because other players are out of position. One thing I have noticed though is that on rushes against many goals have been scored because the opposing player walks around Ceci's D partner, which isn't his fault, but his footspeed isn't strong enough that he can catch the player when he cuts across the slot.

I'm glad he's learning from Jason Smith, such a warrior that guy. Ceci learning from a great defensive defenseman like Smith is awsome. Hopefully he can hammer the fact that Ceci is 6'3, 215lbs into his head. If he ever develops a physical game and improves his footspeed he'll be a complete beast on the backend.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:05 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

I'd love to see Ceci dealt to London or Kitchener ASAP. He needs off of the 67s and onto a team that can help him develop.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:14 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I've started rooting for Sens prospects over a specific country personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
I'm pretty hyped that Ceci and Peumpel weren't invited to camp because it's easier for me to cheer AGAINST Team Canada, which I've started doing the last couple of years.
Same. I've been doing this for a long-long time. Cheering for Sweden in the WJC and Olympics, Holland for World Cup Soccer(I love Persie, Sneijder and Robben) etc...

Old
12-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Bazel5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
So that he faces in not out.

Keep that in mind if you ever get a tattoo.
Pretty much this. Just looked too awkward facing outwards but i guess the backwards lettering is also probably awkward for Swedish folks

Old
12-08-2012, 12:25 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
According to 67's management, Jason Smith (I don't know what his job title with the Sens is) is having one-on-one sessions with Ceci because the Sens brass are really worried about his progression this season. They also told me that the Sens are really hoping the 67's deal Ceci to a contender but that part is obvious.
Yikes. I was worried a bit so far about his progression, but if this is true, this is not good.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:31 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Yikes. I was worried a bit so far about his progression, but if this is true, this is not good.
He needs to be traded ASAP

Old
12-08-2012, 12:39 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
He needs to be traded ASAP
Well maybe, but what worries me is that he he basically stremlined since last year. I wouldn't say that he has regressed, but his defensive positioning is still terrible, and his physical game is still non existant. The only two things Sens managament told him to work on and it hasn't improved.

To be honest though, I think he has had too much ice time in Ottawa. His huge minutes have left him fatigued and down and once that happens those are usually the first two things to go out the window. Defensive coverage and physical play.

His offensive play and hockey sense will make him a top 6 defenceman. But if he improves the other two aspects as well as his skating, he could be a top pairing guy.

Old
12-08-2012, 12:44 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Well maybe, but what worries me is that he he basically stremlined since last year. I wouldn't say that he has regressed, but his defensive positioning is still terrible, and his physical game is still non existant. The only two things Sens managament told him to work on and it hasn't improved.

To be honest though, I think he has had too much ice time in Ottawa. His huge minutes have left him fatigued and down and once that happens those are usually the first two things to go out the window. Defensive coverage and physical play.

His offensive play and hockey sense will make him a top 6 defenceman. But if he improves the other two aspects as well as his skating, he could be a top pairing guy.
The problem is the team. End of story. Byrne doesn't know how to play the kids to their strength. The forwards are terrible at zone defence. Constantly losing their man and counting on the defence like Ceci to clean up their mess. The only problem is asking the defence to cover 2 or 3 players at once is crazy. Ceci hasn't progressed because he hasn't been put into a position too progress.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:15 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Byrne's is doing what Kilrea used to do & that is play the kids as much as possible early in the year & let them get the mistakes out of their system & hopefully learn from it. Then hopefully they will play better as the season moves on & gets them into a playoff spot when they are firing on all cyllinders. However, he may also not have a very good team.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:19 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Does anyone know how Dzingel has been doing?

I have never seen him play, but people seem to think he is rising so I am kinda curious

Old
12-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
According to 67's management, Jason Smith (I don't know what his job title with the Sens is) is having one-on-one sessions with Ceci because the Sens brass are really worried about his progression this season. They also told me that the Sens are really hoping the 67's deal Ceci to a contender but that part is obvious.
Thought Smith has been having one on one sessions since the season started.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:04 PM
R2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Does anyone know how Dzingel has been doing?

I have never seen him play, but people seem to think he is rising so I am kinda curious
Can't really say much about him as I don't watch NCAA but he was impressive in the development camp - and he has good NCAA stats.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Thought Smith has been having one on one sessions since the season started.
He definitely might have, but I just just heard it lately from someone within the organization. The more important part is that the Sens brass is worried about his development.

Closed Thread