HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
The players are ranked by NHL readiness in his opinion I guess. I wouldn't have Petersson or Prince on that list, I think Dzuirzynski & Grant will play in Ottawa before either of them.
It would depend on the circumstance. An injury to a guy like Smith or O'Brien and we'd look at Grant. An injury to a top 6 player and Prince is more likely to get a look than Grant. There's probably too much depth at forward for any of DD, Grant or Prince to see NHL ice this season. Hoffman is probably the first call up then there's Stone, Zibanejad and Da Costa.

Again, it would really depend on who got hurt to provoke a call up. Turris gets injured, Da Costa could get the call. Michalek gets injured, Stone could get the call. Depends on what kind of skill set Maclean wants for his system.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
This is just ****ing terrible. Maybe Panzeri is trying to catch on with Sun media. Boro at 3. No Noesen, but has Petersson @ 9. Zib at 7. Raps Hoff's skating when it is one of his strengths. Sure as hell hope this is a personal opinion and his source wasn't anyone in the Sens hockey ops dept.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...817/story.html
Hahahahahahahaha. Even if it was NHL readiness. Wiercioch>Boro AINEC.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:17 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Hahahahahahahaha. Even if it was NHL readiness. Wiercioch>Boro AINEC.
True enough, but today Shawn Simpson said that though Wiercioch has been skating with Gonchar, he expected Boro to be playing with Gonchar on the top 4 when the season starts and Wiercioch as the 7th defenceman.

I thought that was just a brain cramp on his part, but if Panzari is coming out with the same stuff, then maybe that is coming from management.

It seems impossible after watching them in Bingo, but who knows.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
True enough, but today Shawn Simpson said that though Wiercioch has been skating with Gonchar, he expected Boro to be playing with Gonchar on the top 4 when the season starts and Wiercioch as the 7th defenceman.

I thought that was just a brain cramp on his part, but if Panzari is coming out with the same stuff, then maybe that is coming from management.

It seems impossible after watching them in Bingo, but who knows.
Listening to Shawn Simpson, it's my impression that it's his personal opinion that Wier is too lanky and not physical enough for the NHL yet.

I don't think any of these media guys (which is what Simpson is by this point in time) have watched Bingo as much as a good portion of the posters on this board, let alone management, so who knows how much of what they say will come true.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
It would depend on the circumstance. An injury to a guy like Smith or O'Brien and we'd look at Grant. An injury to a top 6 player and Prince is more likely to get a look than Grant. There's probably too much depth at forward for any of DD, Grant or Prince to see NHL ice this season. Hoffman is probably the first call up then there's Stone, Zibanejad and Da Costa.

Again, it would really depend on who got hurt to provoke a call up. Turris gets injured, Da Costa could get the call. Michalek gets injured, Stone could get the call. Depends on what kind of skill set Maclean wants for his system.
There will likely be a fair amount of injuries, since they will be playing 5-6 games per week. On top of that, MacLean said he will shorten the bench to win games and that may force him to give some star players a few games off because they are exhausted. He also said that if players aren't playing well, he will be forced to bench them and give someone else a look. So there is a good chance that a fair amount of players get a look this season.

Aside from the guys in camp, Stone, Zibanejad, Grant, DD, Prince, Gryba and Da Costa will all get looks at some point. MacLean said that they could have had 35 guys in camp but they decided to go with a smaller camp, so I'm assuming those are the seven players that they also were considering.

Last edited by Berserker*: 01-15-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old
01-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Listening to Shawn Simpson, it's my impression that it's his personal opinion that Wier is too lanky and not physical enough for the NHL yet.

I don't think any of these media guys (which is what Simpson is by this point in time) have watched Bingo as much as a good portion of the posters on this board, let alone management, so who knows how much of what they say will come true.
Wiercioch has been fine in terms of physical play this season. He will never really be a physical guy out there, but that isn't the reason the sens drafted him so his physicality at this point should be sufficient.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post

I have to agree with that. Especially the last half. I think what simpson was saying today was that he didn't think wiercioch was quite ready for those mins and suggested he'd be the 7 guy. We'll just have to wait and see how they do. But i'm not sure myself (after watching all of the bingo games) if wier is ready for top 4. Not a knock against him just that it is a big jump from bingo to playing with gonch on thesecond pair in the nhl. We'll just have to see. Eventually he'll fit there i think just might not be next week.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:12 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
I have to agree with that. Especially the last half. I think what simpson was saying today was that he didn't think wiercioch was quite ready for those mins and suggested he'd be the 7 guy. We'll just have to wait and see how they do. But i'm not sure myself (after watching all of the bingo games) if wier is ready for top 4. Not a knock against him just that it is a big jump from bingo to playing with gonch on thesecond pair in the nhl. We'll just have to see. Eventually he'll fit there i think just might not be next week.
Based on their play this season in the AHL, I think out of all the Bingo guys, he's probably the most likely to not look out of place playing second pairing minutes. Not to say he'll look great, but if Murray doesn't go out and get anyone, he's probably the best choice at this point.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:29 PM
source

Gonchar, Karlsson, Phillips, Methot = 4 healthy NHL defencemen we have under contract.

Why catapult Wiercioch into the top4?

Old
01-14-2013, 10:33 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
Originally Posted by source View Post
Gonchar, Karlsson, Phillips, Methot = 4 healthy NHL defencemen we have under contract.

phillips shouldnt be playing top4 minutes anymore at least thats my opinion. he looked best last season on the 3rd pairing with pk time.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:35 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
phillips shouldnt be playing top4 minutes anymore at least thats my opinion. he looked best last season on the 3rd pairing with pk time.
Disagree. He looked best on the 2nd pairing with PP time.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:36 PM
source

Quote:
Shouldn't, unless the alternative is a Binghamton player.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:37 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Also do you want a Wiercioch-Benoit pairing as the 3rd D pairing? I don't. I'd rather have them play with someone who's experienced in the NHL.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:40 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
Shouldn't, unless the alternative is a Binghamton player.
most players start off as ahl players!!

Old
01-14-2013, 10:40 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Also do you want a Wiercioch-Benoit pairing as the 3rd D pairing? I don't. I'd rather have them play with someone who's experienced in the NHL.
Shelter their minutes, and have Karlsson and Methot double shift with Wiercioch/Benoit.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:41 PM
source

Quote:
most players start off as ahl players!!
I guarantee you Chris Phillips will get more minutes/game than Patrick Wiercioch this season.

If you'd like to bet on that, I am all ears.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:44 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
I guarantee you Chris Phillips will get more minutes/game than Patrick Wiercioch this season.

If you'd like to bet on that, I am all ears.
yup thats true

Old
01-14-2013, 10:47 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Shelter their minutes, and have Karlsson and Methot double shift with Wiercioch/Benoit.
Still, when we're on the road and a team like Pittsburgh has last change and send out Crosby against Wiercioch/Benoit or Boro then that spells trouble.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:53 PM
source

Quote:
Still, when we're on the road and a team like Pittsburgh has last change and send out Crosby against Wiercioch/Benoit or Boro then that spells trouble.
This is why we get another defenceman.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:55 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
There will likely be a fair amount of injuries, since they will be playing 5-6 games per week. On top of that, MacLean said he will shorten the bench to win games and that may force him to give some star players a few games off because they are exhausted. He also said that if players aren't playing well, he will be forced to bench them and give someone else a look. So there is a good chance that a fair amount of players get a look this season.

Aside from the guys in camp, Stone, Zibanejad, Grant, DD, Prince, Gryba and possibly Jessiman will all get looks at some point. MacLean said that they could have had 35 guys in camp but they decided to go with a smaller camp, so I'm assuming those are the seven players that they also were considering.
No, stop. You didn't even mention DaCosta and you're really overlooking the impact of a shortened season in comparison to relative impact by the players that MacLean will try to work with. A player struggles and he won't take those enormous measure so quickly. It's a 48 game season not a 2 week tourney.

Old
01-14-2013, 11:29 PM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

Just curious to see if anyone has had the chance to watch either of the goalies we drafted this summer and what they think about them so far..? (Driedger and Brassard)

Old
01-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post

Aside from the guys in camp, Stone, Zibanejad, Grant, DD, Prince, Gryba and possibly Jessiman will all get looks at some point. MacLean said that they could have had 35 guys in camp but they decided to go with a smaller camp, so I'm assuming those are the seven players that they also were considering.
No hockey player will ever play 5-6 games per week.

Quote:

Ice time per game should be and will be :

Karlsson
Gonchar
Methot
Phillips
Lundin
Wiercioch
Borowiecki

It's just that Cowen is not there and Lundin will be missing a few weeks. I like the defense but yeah, Cowen missing creates a big hole between Gonchar and Methot

Old
01-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Crosby against any 3rd pair spells trouble. Is there anyone available for a reasonable price that would make that statement untrue? If we get another top 4 dman it might help but who?

Old
01-15-2013, 11:12 AM
General Granny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Just curious to see if anyone has had the chance to watch either of the goalies we drafted this summer and what they think about them so far..? (Driedger and Brassard)
Drieder is arguably the best goalie in the WHL.

I only seen Brassard twice and he was fine, he is really skinny and needs to add some weight to that frame, but hes very quick and athletic, he gave up an odd goal in the game I saw but came back and made 2 amazing saves in the next shift. Stats wise he is in the top 5 in the QMJHL.

Old
01-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Berserker*

Deleted

Last edited by Berserker*: 01-15-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Closed Thread