HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2012, 09:39 AM
MoreGore

vCash: 500
handicapping the odds of guys being a regular NHLer and being top 6 (barring injuries)

Zibanejad: 90%,70%, (30% 1st liner)
Silfverberg: 95%, 75% (15% 1st liner)
Stone: 80%, 40% (5% or less 1st liner from here on)
Noesen: 50%, 30%
Prince: 25%, 20%
Peumpel: 20%, 15%
Peterrson: 15%, 15%
Pageau: 10%, 10%

It does not matter who the competition is becasue they can get moved to another team in a flash.

That of course was off the top of my head.....or perhaps pulled out of my butt

Old
10-02-2012, 10:13 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Agreed with you until I read this. I don't know what you constitute as "carrying". Perhaps I have a different view point on carrying, but Michalek showed he is a top-6 winger this season regardless of how well Spezza or Karlsson played. Was his point totals affected by having these two players alongside him? Sure. But he wasn't being carried, by any means.
Put Michalek in Alfie's spot, so with Turris and less ice time with Karlsson, and the guy doesn't touch 35 goals or 60 points last year. I'm thinking more in the 45 point range.

I guess you could say that's top 6 though

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
I get the feeling this may be Petersson's last year to either make the team or get traded to a team that he can, otherwise I could see him heading back to Sweden.
He'll be at training camp pretty much no matter what next year imo.

Needs to keep progressing in Bingo though

I could see playing this year in the AHL, the half a year in 2013-14, then if he hasn't played himself on the team by then, he'll be in tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
handicapping the odds of guys being a regular NHLer and being top 6 (barring injuries)

It does not matter who the competition is becasue they can get moved to another team in a flash.

yeah it was

Old
10-02-2012, 10:31 AM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post

I always look to see where people rank Prince in relation to Petersson in these things because they are both small wingers with a lot of skill.

If they rank Prince significantly higher, I can safely pay less attention to the rest of their opinion, mostly because Petersson has been significantly better at every level (at the same age).

Men's league vs. Jr. league
Go-to player on WJC team vs. Not on WJC team (though you could argue that team politics got in the way)

It's clear Ottawa 67's bias.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:34 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I always look to see where people rank Prince in relation to Petersson in these things because they are both small wingers with a lot of skill.

If they rank Prince significantly higher, I can safely pay less attention to the rest of their opinion, mostly because Petersson has been significantly better at every level (at the same age).

Go-to player on WJC team vs. Not on WJC team (though you could argue that team politics got in the way)

Prince is bigger and has more two-way potential though. He could play bottom 6.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:40 AM
MoreGore

Quote:

Actuall I beg to differ. Perhaps I overrate Princes ability to make the transition to pro hockey, but it is not related to a 67 bias.

What I hear about Petersson is that he lacks a level of commitment needed to make it happen. This raises his risk factor. He has the athleticism to be a prductive NHLer, but he needs to raise his 'want it' factor.

At this time, I think Prince has a higher 'want it' factor, more likley due to the fact that I have not heard anythign against him in that respect. I suspect that he does not have the same level of athleticism as Petersson though.

As for the above poster not liking my percentages..... you have a butt, pull out your own numbers and let us see how you see the players potential. We are all just making our own evaluations of course.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:46 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

lol ok, my butt literally stinks at making predictions though

NHL|NHL top 6

Zibanejad: 90% | 75%
Silfverberg: 90% | 50%
Stone: 75% | 50%
Noesen: 80% | 25%
Prince: 40% | 25%
Peumpel: 35% | 30%
Petersson: 35% | 30%
Pageau: 40% | 30%

Yes I like Pageau

Old
10-02-2012, 11:17 AM
R2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
lol ok, my butt literally stinks at making predictions though

NHL|NHL top 6

Zibanejad: 90% | 75%
Silfverberg: 90% | 50%
Stone: 75% | 50%
Noesen: 80% | 25%
Prince: 40% | 25%
Peumpel: 35% | 30%
Petersson: 35% | 30%
Pageau: 40% | 30%

Yes I like Pageau

Hoffman is higher than Stone - rather than you know... not included

Old
10-02-2012, 11:21 AM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1989 View Post
Hoffman is higher than Stone - rather than you know... not included
Hoffman: 50% | 20%

Old
10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Hoffman: 50% | 20%

Hoffman: 20% | 10%

Old
10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

Blanket statements like this leave you right sometimes and wrong sometimes. I suppose if prince makes it and Peterson goes back to Sweden you'll chalk it up to luck?

You're not wrong for bringing it up because 67s bias exists here, but it's far from impossible for an impartial opinion having prince considerably higher than Peterson. I'm a big believer in prince and I don't think he'll have to play top 6 like Peterson will. Don't think what you said was close to entirely fair.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:49 PM
playasRus

Dyuzinski: 9000%|100%

Old
10-02-2012, 04:59 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Dyuzinski: 9000%|100%
AJ ? Is that you??

Old
10-02-2012, 07:14 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Outside of Zibanejad/Silfverberg, Petersson has just as good a shot as any to make the top 6.

He had an excellent rookie season in the AHL on a horrific offensive team and was praised by KK as to developing his 2 way game during the progression of the season. If anything, Petersson has proven more than 90% of our prospects.

Here's what helps Petersson cause... We have only 2 legit top 6 wingers...That's it. Imo, I consider Silfverberg as one too but a little soon for that.

Spezza
Turris
Michalek
Alfredsson
(Silfverberg)

2 spots left and 3 when Alfredsson leaves. Petersson definitely has a shot. His speed and shot are not that bad too...

Old
10-02-2012, 07:28 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Outside of Zibanejad/Silfverberg, Petersson has just as good a shot as any to make the top 6.

He had an excellent rookie season in the AHL on a horrific offensive team and was praised by KK as to developing his 2 way game during the progression of the season. If anything, Petersson has proven more than 90% of our prospects.

Here's what helps Petersson cause... We have only 2 legit top 6 wingers...That's it. Imo, I consider Silfverberg as one too but a little soon for that.

Spezza
Turris
Michalek
Alfredsson
(Silfverberg)

2 spots left and 3 when Alfredsson leaves. Petersson definitely has a shot. His speed and shot are not that bad too...
i think it depends on how well latendresse and greening play this year!!! if greening continues his production i don't know if we should take him off the top 2 lines and latendresse has mad skills im lookin forward to seeing how he plays if he stays healthy

Old
10-02-2012, 07:34 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
i think it depends on how well latendresse and greening play this year!!! if greening continues his production i don't know if we should take him off the top 2 lines and latendresse has mad skills im lookin forward to seeing how he plays if he stays healthy
As for Greening, he has a career high of 37 points. I like Greening a lot, but I don't see him being a bonafide top 6 forward at this point. We'll see how things go but I don't expect too much progress from him. I think he'll always be a very good 3rd liner.

As for Latendresse, err... I don't know. I'd love to see him put up top-6 points (if he can stay healthy) but I think it's a bit of a crap shoot. We shouldn't be pegging him in as a long-term top-6 forward.

We'll see how things go, but I have my doubts.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Berserker

Quote:

Spezza
Turris
Michalek
Alfredsson
(Silfverberg)

Stone and Noesen are also both ahead of Petersson.

Hoffman and Prince are two other prospects who could push for top six spots but are also farther down on the depth chart. But unlike Petersson, both could still contribute as 3rd liners.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Too early to call Petersson a steal. For all we know he never sticks in the NHL. Right now he looks like a good 4th round pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I refuse to call a pick a "steal" until they become a regular NHL player. That's not a knock whatsoever on Petersson because I still have high hopes for him and think he has all the tools to become a regular NHL player, but it's too early for such a title to be placed, IMO.
Hmmm... ok guys... read again what I said

"Getting a prospect like Petersson in the 4th round (109th overall) is a steal"

Let me put emphasis on the word prospect.

Even if he doesn't stick in the NHL for whatever reason, the fact that we have a prospect with such potential with a 4th round pick, makes it a steal

If you don't like the word "steal", change it for "pubis hair" I don't care

And as I was reading the rest of the thread, I thought "sigh, who cares anyway?" Not going to spend more time on this

I guess it will just make it even more cool when Petersson makes the NHL (with the Sens or not)

Old
10-03-2012, 12:15 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Stone and Noesen are also both ahead of Petersson.

Hoffman and Prince are two other prospects who could push for top six spots but are also farther down on the depth chart. But unlike Petersson, both could still contribute as 3rd liners.
Explain. I have really high hopes for Noesen but a lot of people want to see him come out and dominant the WJC yet are forgetting someone who walked through that tourney in Petersson. He tore it up.

Noesen has more raw potential due to size and better 2 way play/physical play but Petersson is more proven, I'd say.

Stone is a guy I could see outplay Petersson but for now, I'd say they about equal.

Basically what I'm saying is that after Zibanejad/Silfverberg it's a crapshoot and Petersson should not be dismissed so quickly.

Old
10-03-2012, 01:22 AM
bert

Quote:

Its true, he is a better prospect. I dont really understand why people on here give him no credit he has tons of talent. He has also come into camp in incredible shape.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:05 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Explain. I have really high hopes for Noesen but a lot of people want to see him come out and dominant the WJC yet are forgetting someone who walked through that tourney in Petersson. He tore it up.

Noesen has more raw potential due to size and better 2 way play/physical play but Petersson is more proven, I'd say.

Stone is a guy I could see outplay Petersson but for now, I'd say they about equal.

Basically what I'm saying is that after Zibanejad/Silfverberg it's a crapshoot and Petersson should not be dismissed so quickly.
Filatov had/has talent as well. It's not all about talent.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:01 AM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Its true, he is a better prospect. I dont really understand why people on here give him no credit he has tons of talent. He has also come into camp in incredible shape.
As guyzeur pointed out Filatov has amazing talent, yet he can't play in the NHL. Clearly talent is only one component. The another is motivation, another is stature.

Peterrson has super talent. He lacks in size, and apparently from what I have read he is lacking in motivation. With physically gifted players they can frequently ride their pure talent to success up until they near the top of the heap, but as they approach the top, limitations in the other two big factors start taking a toll on their level of success.

The good news is that motivation can change. In a case like AP, he spent some time injured, and some time adapting to the North American ice surface. This is the year when he should put it together. He will be competing in a very good league with good talent around him. If not this year, then he may give it one more shot next fall, but that is about when his journey will end and his aspirations will have been realized or not.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:56 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Can someone explain to me this oh-so-evident rumor that Petersson lacks motivation? Never have I once heard this. Link?

Old
10-03-2012, 10:07 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

I think people need to be careful when it seems like they are basing a prospect off of tearing up the WJC. Plenty of kids have done that and then gone on to do nothing in the NHL.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
I think people need to be careful when it seems like they are basing a prospect off of tearing up the WJC. Plenty of kids have done that and then gone on to do nothing in the NHL.
Last year was his first playing in North America, and he posted very good numbers (5 back of Hoffman, with 16 less games played). That is much more than basing him off of one WJC. He was the best rookie, and probably the best offensive player out of our prospects in the AHL last year.

If he plays the whole year down there, I would expect 60-80 points. They will be a better team this year and he has a year under his belt.

Old
10-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Last year was his first playing in North America, and he posted very good numbers (5 back of Hoffman, with 16 less games played). That is much more than basing him off of one WJC. He was the best rookie, and probably the best offensive player out of our prospects in the AHL last year.

If he plays the whole year down there, I would expect 60-80 points. They will be a better team this year and he has a year under his belt.
and he really tailed off after the binghamton comments fiasco. he obviously got a little uncomfortable.

Closed Thread