HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Niinimaki scores again

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 02:17 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Niinimaki scores again

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/tilasto.asp?o...rm=3&stats=61#

He had 4 goals last season, right? 2 in 4 games this year? Hmmm. I'm liking this kid alot.

Old
09-19-2003, 02:20 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Does it say if he's playing on the top line?

Old
09-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Pekka Lampinen

The madman did it again. Risking a three-on-one, Jesse took the puck back to the blueline from the point and tinkered his way past an opponent at walking speed along the line, not even trying to cover the puck. Then he sent a weak but cunning wrist shot to the upper corner from a d-man's feet. The guy is sooo 80's.

Reportedly Niinimäki was disappointing in preseason and lucky to even get the third-line spot he now has. The first line Viitakoski (ex-CGY) - Helminen (ex-NYR) - Dahlman (ex-OTW) has been great and the second line center Marek Vorel is solid as well, so it won't be easy to get promoted.

Old
09-19-2003, 11:44 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laituri
The guy is sooo 80's.
Hey now...the 80s did pretty well for the Oilers :p
Man, it sucks to hear that...I heard he looked pretty good during rookie camp. So I guess he probably does need another year or two before bringing him over to North America.

Old
09-20-2003, 05:30 AM
Oil_in_my_veins

thanks for the link Lowetide...good to know.

hopefully he'll be ready next year - along with Winchester

Old
09-20-2003, 06:21 AM
Walsher

Niinimaki should be a great player in a couple years but he needs to start attending camp to get used to the North American game and the team mates he will be with in a few years. Lots of hype but I can't make my call yet because I haven't seen him play enough live. As for Winchester - he will never play for the Oilers based on what I have seen. Extremely over rated. Just my opinion but he is not performing well enough in the NCAA to warrant any type of shot with the Oilers. He definately needs to improve if he wants a shot.

Old
09-20-2003, 07:05 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laituri
The madman did it again. Risking a three-on-one, Jesse took the puck back to the blueline from the point and tinkered his way past an opponent at walking speed along the line, not even trying to cover the puck. Then he sent a weak but cunning wrist shot to the upper corner from a d-man's feet. The guy is sooo 80's.

Reportedly Niinimäki was disappointing in preseason and lucky to even get the third-line spot he now has. The first line Viitakoski (ex-CGY) - Helminen (ex-NYR) - Dahlman (ex-OTW) has been great and the second line center Marek Vorel is solid as well, so it won't be easy to get promoted.
Yeah, Mckeens said the same thing. Good to have some confirmation of that from another source.

Please keep us updated.

Closed Thread