HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Victorious Secret
Torchetti 4 Prez

vCash: 500
Honestly, I have the same problem. Its not because of defense either. I'll only allow 5-7 shots on Superstar/All-star and I usually let in 2-3 goals. I've let in a couple back hand one-times. A couple half ice dump ins. And far too many light wristers from the point.

Old
09-29-2012, 10:28 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Playing defense is a good start.

No hate, I used to have the same problem in NHL 12 but you learn which high percentage plays the AI likes and then shut them down.

And sub .900 isn't necessarily a bad thing if you can possess the puck a lot and limit shots against. I played on a single BAGM file through this year and while I created a dynasty and won all kinds of awards, it took me 20 seasons to earn a Vezina because of low SV% during games.
Last game Giguere let in 4 goals on 15 shots, including one that fell out of his equipment.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
The hitting sliders are alternate....dropping CPUS raises yours and vice versa...you raise yours, your actually raising there hitting power...

Its weird.
Is this 100% confirmed?

I've had a super miserable time trying to figure out the right balance between aggression and checking. Haven't figured it out, and yeah like the earlier post, my guys get shoved just about everywhere. Simple bumps turn into bone crunching hits.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Is there a secret to getting my goalie to stop a puck or am I just going to have to deal with sub .900 goalies every game above pro I play.
First - raise your goalie reaction speed. Will react quicker to shots.

Second - Lower your goalie screen shot effect. Will react better to long, soft, ****** shots that shouldn't be going in.

Third - Turn down the opposition shot power but DO NOT change their accuracy. Messing with their accuracy actually improves their overall ability to snipe corners.

All things combined, you should have a faster, smarter goalie, who faces easier shots.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Honestly, I have the same problem. Its not because of defense either. I'll only allow 5-7 shots on Superstar/All-star and I usually let in 2-3 goals. I've let in a couple back hand one-times. A couple half ice dump ins. And far too many light wristers from the point.
Sorry, didn't see this post until after I replied to TheFlyingV.

I had the same issue with shots vs goals.

What I did was I adjusted the player acceleration slider. Make sure that they are level with yours. If you are one-level ahead of theirs, instead of reducing yours to theirs, bump theirs up to yours.

That will make the game more challenging and make sure the other team is faster. I find that putting both to +4 is the best balance. That way, the other team will have more shots against you, but playing the same type of defense that you do when you got 5-7 shots against, what will likely happen is you will restrict the other team to 15-20 shots a game but they will all be long range shots and pretty easy for your goalie to stop.

Combine that with the goalie adjustment sliders that I mentioned in the previous post, and I find that I now have 20 or shots against, but almost always keep my goals against somewhere around 0-1.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:03 AM
KevFu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Judging by him saying 'gamertag', he is xbox
Nah, PS3. I played a couple games with them, but he didn't set up any alternate captains to add people and has been away. Once he signs on again, it should get going.

Old
09-30-2012, 01:17 AM
aragon416

lol playing be a gm and the canucks just picked up jeff skinner off of waivers....

Old
09-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Seems to be sort of a glitch on faceoffs.. It only works on goalies in certain situations..

If the goalie has a right hand glove and the faceoff is at the right dot, win it back to the left defenseman.. If he is left handed just have him shoot far side and it's a goal 99% of the time..

For the left side :
Goalie : left handed glove
Faceoff : left dot
RD : right shot

09-30-2012, 08:08 AM
seemsayin

how come in the club lobby there is always 1 person who I cannot speak to?

Old
09-30-2012, 11:26 AM
BruinsFTW

Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
If your playing on Super-Star...Read this thread...A lot of good info...And if you go to the main part they have AWESOME sliders for All-Star and stuff..Highly recommend reading it and trying some of these sliders out. It can make a world of difference in game play.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...laying-ss.html

Try these sliders out for SS or AS...They are really good and make a big difference.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-sliders.html

Old
09-30-2012, 12:30 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

The NHL Moments Live are so frustrating. It's like your AI teammates do whatever they can to screw you over when facing already impossible odds.

The Devil of a Task on Superstar one where you have to come back from a 4-0 deficit and win starting in the 2nd period makes me want to punch a baby in the face. Every...single...time I come back and tie it at 4 the computer can just score at will. Literally after I score that goal they dump and chase and somehow have ridiculous speed 2x what my guys have and every check I throw at them they just bounce off me and keep the puck and then just put an easy one right by Brodeur. It's hilarious.

EA doesn't know how to do sports AI for ****. Instead of making the computer team smarter or set up better plays they just cheat by giving them superhuman abilities while your AI teammates just take penalties and get in your way at every opportunity they get.

I bought this because I hadn't played a hockey game since '11 and I didn't think '12 was enough of an upgrade to bother with. Seems like it's still not. It's a shame EA has all of the sports licenses, I'd like to see what a competent developer could do with some of these games.

When does Halo 4 come out again?

Old
09-30-2012, 01:43 PM
TheGreatOne11

Could anybody tell me he Pittsburgh's D developes in the future like Matta morrow deprees, i have maatta and morrow in minirs this year and depres is playing top 4 time in the nhl

Was wondering what kind of improvments ill be looking at year to year and what would be the best way to developer them? Luke leave them in minors then a fee years in able or minors to nhl stuff Like that

As well if you could tell me about Morgan rielly i would really appreciate it thanks a lot boys

Old
09-30-2012, 03:42 PM
The Note
Time's a Flat Circle

GM logics still flawed. Traded Cole, Sobotka, and a second for OEL and Biznasty (they had to send another player) lol

Old
09-30-2012, 04:37 PM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
If your playing on Super-Star...Read this thread...A lot of good info...And if you go to the main part they have AWESOME sliders for All-Star and stuff..Highly recommend reading it and trying some of these sliders out. It can make a world of difference in game play.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...laying-ss.html

Try these sliders out for SS or AS...They are really good and make a big difference.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-sliders.html
Thanks for that. Gonna give these a shot right now.

Old
09-30-2012, 05:23 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever

How can I fix these small problems?

Whenever I play I always have my line changes set as manual and sometimes I noticed my lines will change automatically without me doing that.

Also when I played games that go into overtime I have my 1st 4 vs 4 line set with Tyler Bozak at Centre & Phil Kessel at Right Wing. However it always starts off with Kessel at Centre and Mike Brown at Right Wing.

So how can I fix those small problems I'm having?

Old
09-30-2012, 06:08 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFu View Post
Nah, PS3. I played a couple games with them, but he didn't set up any alternate captains to add people and has been away. Once he signs on again, it should get going.
He's talking about the guy you quoted. GT = Xbox. PSN = PS3.

Old
09-30-2012, 06:09 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Seems to be sort of a glitch on faceoffs.. It only works on goalies in certain situations..

If the goalie has a right hand glove and the faceoff is at the right dot, win it back to the left defenseman.. If he is left handed just have him shoot far side and it's a goal 99% of the time..

For the left side :
That's not new to NHL 13. I've been doing that since NHL 10. They toned it down a bit. It was practically 100% in NHL 10-12. Now it's more like 90%.

Old
09-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Deku
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vCash: 307
LOL best glitch ever.

Fifth round of an online shootout, down by a goal.
My shot got saved, but the game looped and I got to take another shot with Backstrom right away... came down the ice and scored. Ended up winning.

Old
09-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Canadiankid

This may have been answered already but:

In Be a pro feature, when can I demand a trade? Been about 2 weeks now (playing each game) and it's still not an option.

Old
09-30-2012, 10:37 PM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Whenever I play I always have my line changes set as manual and sometimes I noticed my lines will change automatically without me doing that.

Also when I played games that go into overtime I have my 1st 4 vs 4 line set with Tyler Bozak at Centre & Phil Kessel at Right Wing. However it always starts off with Kessel at Centre and Mike Brown at Right Wing.

So how can I fix those small problems I'm having?
Idk. I have the same problem where Emelin lines up with Pacioretty when it's supposed to be Desharnais.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Did they remove the franchise label for the randomly generated drafted players? Chicago just drafted a player (With their third straight first overall pick lol) that if it existed definitely would have been. 6'2 197 lbs center, 4 1/2 yellow stars, 82 overall at age 18 drafted from OHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiankid View Post
This may have been answered already but:

In Be a pro feature, when can I demand a trade? Been about 2 weeks now (playing each game) and it's still not an option.
After you've reached the NHL. It's in the menu somewhere.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:29 PM
MapleLeafsFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
Idk. I have the same problem where Emelin lines up with Pacioretty when it's supposed to be Desharnais.
At least I'm not the only one with that same problem.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Jyrki
trust in linden CREW

Quote:

For the left side :
Odd, I had success in NHL 12 doing the opposite - so on the right dot, I'd get the puck to the LD and wrist/slap it BLOCKER side if he caught left. If he caught right then on the left dot I'd win it to the RD and shoot top blocker side.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne11 View Post
Could anybody tell me he Pittsburgh's D developes in the future like Matta morrow deprees, i have maatta and morrow in minirs this year and depres is playing top 4 time in the nhl

Was wondering what kind of improvments ill be looking at year to year and what would be the best way to developer them? Luke leave them in minors then a fee years in able or minors to nhl stuff Like that

As well if you could tell me about Morgan rielly i would really appreciate it thanks a lot boys
You really need to head over to the Dynasty thread - lots of great info on prospect development and tons of friendly people willing to answer your questions.

In short - quite a few really positive reviews of Depres out of Pittsburtgh. Matta too, although I think the wrap on him is that he takes quite a while.

Morgan Reilly is an absolute stud if you leave him in junior the first year, and then play him top 4 minutes the rest of the way through.

As for how to develop - again, check the dynasty thread, but in short, make sure they are getting the best ice time available. If you are a competitive team where it's not necessarily possible to give your young high potential center prospect top line minutes, then don't waste him on the fourth line plus powerplay if he can spend the entire year in the AHL playing top minutes, producing points, and gaining plenty of growth and experience.

If you are a rebuilding team though, and just want to **** the bed for a year or too, then yeah, you might as well throw them in. Keep in mind that the potential growth algorithm for NHL 13 is a bit inconsistent - it definitely appears that having terribly bad seasons can SLOW DOWN a player's growth; seems like young high potential players get a great growth if they play a lot AND are apart of successful teams. That's why I always try and leave a bit of money free into free agency so I can sign a decent goalie and some role players for my AHL team - to at the very least make the competitive, and get them into the playoffs, so that my young studs can really improve

Old
10-01-2012, 01:20 PM
cjbhab*

question: why are 2016 and 17 first round picks worth way more than 13,14,15?

why can i trade a piece of junk AHLer and a first round in 17 for del zotto..

but if I offer like iginla and 3 firsts they say no? lol..

Closed Thread