HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals

vCash: 500
I had to qualify Subban because Gomez's contract was putting me over the cap so I had to wait until I could send Gomez to the minors to sign PK.

Old
10-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Alexistheman

Does anyone in here know how to sign your RFAS DURING the season? or if its possible?
(GM Connected)

Old
10-10-2012, 01:06 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Anyone getting issues with lag during online ranked games or GM connected games?

It stutters on me to where I can't really do much of anything and I get completely pumped. Then I play another game and it is fine.

Old
10-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Stupid question of the hour;

Does a Time out really "change" anything ?

I usualy takes one late in a game if the preasure is on me...

Old
10-10-2012, 02:57 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post

It refreshes your team's fatigue - all lines + players return to 0% fatigue. Fairly useful if you play on superstar and have a defensive zone faceoff with a slender lead.

As far as momentum etc., any of that goes, no. Calling a timeout at the 14 minutes mark of the first period because your team is down 3-0, isn't going to have any major effect other than give you a chance to clear your head and start playing the game better!

Old
10-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Anyone getting issues with lag during online ranked games or GM connected games?

It stutters on me to where I can't really do much of anything and I get completely pumped. Then I play another game and it is fine.
Make sure your ports are open on your router.

Setup a static IP between your router and your xbox/ps3 - worked miracles for me

Old
10-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by belkemi1 View Post
Why would you give your player a qualifying offer when you can sign him directly? What is the advantage of offering a qualifying offer?

In Be a GM mode, of course.
If you are right up against the roster number, and aren't sure whether you have enough room to keep a particular player, but don't want to lose him for nothing, you can qualify him and then trade him for assets.

If you are up against the cap, but really want to keep a player, but can't sign him until you move some salary away from the team, you can qualify him, wait until the trade freeze is lifted, move away from salary, and then re-enter negotiations with your RFA.

If you can't get an RFA to sign a reasonable contract, sometimes qualifying him and then waiting it out for a little while can get him to reduce his contract demands, allowing you to sign him for better $ or term.

Of course with all qualifying offer scenarios, you run the risk of offer sheets - other teams can negotiate contracts with your RFA, but if he's qualified, you will receive a compensation package/chance to match. 99% of the time though, the offer sheet contract is way more than what you'd be willing to pay him.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:04 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Be careful with waiting out RFA's with QOs. Lucic was asking for $10M during the June week, came down to about $9M in August, and when training camp opened he wanted $11M
Ouch, that's way too much for Looch

That $6M cap hit IRL looks pretty damn good by comparison

Old
10-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Got a GWG on this....i felt so bad for the other team

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/138242581

Old
10-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Dvos

So my friends and I have done some testing of GM connected and the powers of the commissioner to set up a fair league are aggravatingly limited. First off, he can only set a few league options(ie, no sliders) and also CANNOT control what the other GM's settings are set to.

In a player vs cpu gm connected game, the player is able to change all sliders to whatever they would like in the actual game or even have their sliders and settings set up in the main nhl menu and those sliders would be active. It boggles my mind why EA allows this to happen..and not have a set league setting that is controlled by the commissioner. And it gets worse..

In a player vs player game, the host's settings/sliders are used. Yes...the settings and sliders that you change in the main my nhl 13 menu affect the gm connected league...this system is a joke...there is NO way to guarantee that people are playing fairly, because the commish CANNOT control it, other than kicking people..

In my gm connected league set up with 14 of my friends, we've already had a few people dominate the CPU because they were able to set human sliders to max and cpu sliders to minimum. Also, people had their settings set to their play style so we began to notice that individual settings were affecting our games. We've had to adopt the "honor system" so that we hopefully don't have people abusing these retarded cheating strategies.

Also...dropping out of games should either sim the rest of the game or allow the remaining player to be able to play against the cpu of the player that just dropped out. I'm sure other leagues are dealing with people just dropping out of games. Hopefully next year they address these issues...

Old
10-10-2012, 07:43 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post

I wish there was a timeout cutscene. It just appears to be there with no acknowledgment at all except that your lines are restored to full. Even just a quick shot of the bench with players gathered around would do.
Ah well. Not enough people find it a big enough deal. So I guess I'm stuck with it.

Old
10-10-2012, 11:58 AM
madcracker

Our commissioner was disconnected from EAs server during the final stage of the block advance. When he reconnected and got into the league, none of the trades, waiver claims or free agent signings were processed. There were several CPU vs. CPU games that were listed as 0-0 finals (although their records didn't even reflect that games took place).

So now we wait until our GMs have finished their games so we can advance and hopefully it will take care of itself.

Anyone have experience with this?

Old
10-10-2012, 12:01 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Anyone get the glitch online where the game literally goes back in time a few minutes. Sometimes erasing a goal I just scored. Happened a few times in 12 and now 13 as well.

Mitch

Old
10-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Dustin Peener
HF Top 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmagic View Post
Anyone get the glitch online where the game literally goes back in time a few minutes. Sometimes erasing a goal I just scored. Happened a few times in 12 and now 13 as well.

Mitch
Had this a few days ago

Old
10-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Just got the game a few days ago. Everything has gone fine and I was really impressed with the game play and enjoyed playing it for the first time since the 2010 release. However, just yesterday, when I try to play a 'play now' game, the game freezes during the intro, like seconds into it when the EA Sports logo is spinning around on the screen. This is upsetting. I want to be able to play the game and now I can't. Its a shame because I don't want this to turn me off from playing the game. Anybody else have this issue? It has happened like 6 straight times.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Tak7

Quote:

Mitch
I had this a lot in 12 - clock would go back a good few minutes and the score would revert back as well. Yet the game would carry on as normal as if nothing happened.

Haven't seen it in 13 - concerning that it appears to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
Just got the game a few days ago. Everything has gone fine and I was really impressed with the game play and enjoyed playing it for the first time since the 2010 release. However, just yesterday, when I try to play a 'play now' game, the game freezes during the intro, like seconds into it when the EA Sports logo is spinning around on the screen. This is upsetting. I want to be able to play the game and now I can't. Its a shame because I don't want this to turn me off from playing the game. Anybody else have this issue? It has happened like 6 straight times.
While not a 100% solution, any freeze type glitches can oftentimes be fixed by saving the game to the hard disc.

If you have a 360, save it down and see if it helps.

If you have a PS3, disconnect your PS3, take it upstairs, open your window, throw your device outside the window, and buy a 360

Old
10-10-2012, 01:57 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:

Mitch
Oh Christ that's back?! I told you to stop going to my games Doctor, and get your tardis out of the parking lot.
On a more serious note, have you experienced it online and offline or just online?

Old
10-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Got a GWG on this....i felt so bad for the other team

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/138242581
Man, If that had happened to me - I'd throw something at the wall..

Old
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Holy **** do I hate this game. Why did EA insist on taking away the ability to score goals based on skill and only score fluke goals? I swear, I only score on fluke goals and only give up flukies. Was just in a 0-0 game in my GM mode, had 25+ shots in the 3rd, and gave up the game winner off a deflection off a guy's glove with Crawford sliding 10 feet past the goal. Unreal!

Old
10-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Gavy

So I finally got a chance to sit down and play online last night, the first game goes fine, no lag or anything. The second game was going fine until the 3rd period, I started lagging so much. I would pass/turn/shoot and I could count to 2 in my head before the player actually passed/turned/shot. I've played 3 more games since then and it is still lagging so much.
What gives?

Old
10-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:

Mitch
Its happened since NHL 08.

Old
10-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Gavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Make sure your ports are open on your router.

Setup a static IP between your router and your xbox/ps3 - worked miracles for me
How do you do that lol

Old
10-10-2012, 07:56 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Its happened since NHL 08.
since ps2

Old
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Holy **** do I hate this game. Why did EA insist on taking away the ability to score goals based on skill and only score fluke goals? I swear, I only score on fluke goals and only give up flukies. Was just in a 0-0 game in my GM mode, had 25+ shots in the 3rd, and gave up the game winner off a deflection off a guy's glove with Crawford sliding 10 feet past the goal. Unreal!
You're just not very good

Old
10-10-2012, 10:08 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
Oh Christ that's back?! I told you to stop going to my games Doctor, and get your tardis out of the parking lot.
On a more serious note, have you experienced it online and offline or just online?
I don't play much offline, it's only been online for me. Happened in a tournament, tied the game up and then went back in time and had the goal taken away. Lost.

Mitch

Closed Thread