HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 07:05 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan2326 View Post
Any idea when the patch mentioned in the previous page will be out? Sometime this week, yes? I hope it isn't already because I'm still getting constant choppy lag and often rubber banding in Eashl. My player's name is Constant Lag... When I first bought the game before the last tuner I was fine, don't know why it's so laggy now.
My guess is sometime Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
anyone know when the next roster update will be, they need to update CHL rosters
Asked the official account on Twitter and this is the response I got:
Quote:
We don't have anything to announce on that front at this point.
Sounds like we are SOL. The roster "team" is apparently locked out too.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

I'm curious, how are the GM connected leagues holding up? People dropping/hard to get games played?

Old
10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Jaffray15

Send a message via AIM to Jaffray15 Send a message via MSN to Jaffray15
Speaking of roster updates, I decided to fully upgrade the AHL rosters because of the lockout and the game had 95% of the players needed to fulfill all the teams.

I love how they have the actual schedule, makes it a lot of fun to play a season as your favorite team. In my case it's St. John's Icecaps.

Old
10-22-2012, 09:41 PM
FoppaForsberg*

NHL 13 question

When i'm just skating up ice or defending my zone or whatever my player will randomly pass the puck to nobody or poke check for no reason.. Is it my controller? or is it happening to other people too?

Old
10-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan2326 View Post
Any idea when the patch mentioned in the previous page will be out? Sometime this week, yes? I hope it isn't already because I'm still getting constant choppy lag and often rubber banding in Eashl. My player's name is Constant Lag... When I first bought the game before the last tuner I was fine, don't know why it's so laggy now.
http://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/statu...76394491334656
Quote:
We will be taking the servers down for maintenance between the hours of 2-4 am PDT. We apologize for the inconvenience. http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...arly-next-week

Old
10-22-2012, 10:28 PM
n00bxQb

Controller. One of my controllers does that, but the others do not.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Devilsfan2326
INFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post

-Curls hands together menacingly-

Excellent... Excellent...

Old
10-23-2012, 06:21 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

GM Connected menus are supposed to be faster, but - surprise, surprise - they're about as slow as they were before the patch.

Old
10-23-2012, 06:54 AM
noexult
HFBoards Sponsor

Way faster here at least, no lag at all actually.

Old
10-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Yokai

vCash: 1243
Disappointed that they didn't mention fixing these two issues in offline Be a GM:

1. Game freezes when simulating and someone takes a penalty in double overtime or higher. (Had this issue and a patch for it last year, so I don't know why it is back.)

2. Game freezes during home wins when you have a custom track selected for such an event. (Another issue that has been around for a year or so.)

No excuse for either still being around really. I haven't tried doing either of these things since September though. Does anyone know if they were fixed at an earlier point?

3. When your team suffers an injury and you go to roster moves the game refuses to let you move between rosters without resetting your lines. I get this if you just go to edit lines, but when you are trying to move back and forth between the leagues to fill them properly, then it is extremely annoying that it makes you select best lines. It is even more annoying when you select edit lines because you have an NHL injury and it takes you to the AHL lineup(locking you in) instead.

Last edited by Yokai: 10-23-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old
10-23-2012, 08:47 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
3. When your team suffers an injury and you go to roster moves the game refuses to let you move between rosters without resetting your lines. I get this if you just go to edit lines, but when you are trying to move back and forth between the leagues to fill them properly, then it is extremely annoying that it makes you select best lines. It is even more annoying when you select edit lines because you have an NHL injury and it takes you to the AHL lineup(locking you in) instead.
This is EXTREMELY annoying, and it was never fixed for NHL12 either.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
This is EXTREMELY annoying, and it was never fixed for NHL12 either.
I never had the problem in 12. It's one of the reasons I've turned injuries off. It also happens after a trade too. Extremely annoying especially if you have players with names that start in Y or W...

Old
10-23-2012, 09:14 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
Graphics wise yes. But if you want that real hockey feel go play at your local arena. dont expect video games to be %100 satisfying. and dont complain about stupid things like how realistic poke checks and bodychecks are lol.
i think you may have confused me with someone who was complaining about realistic poke checks and bodychecks

but since you're asking: my only problem - and it's a major one - with the game is the ridiculous goaltending. it's so frustrating, i've barely played the game. waiting on a patch that will address this issue before i play it again - oh, and while were on the subject, remember when console games used to be released without any major bugs? ah... the days....

Old
10-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Bridges31

Hopefully this patch fixes the PS3 mic issues like they said it would.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:03 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Hopefully this patch fixes the PS3 mic issues like they said it would.
Copypasta time.

October Title Update
Date: TBA October
Notes:

NHL 13 Patch

Gameplay Updates
• Separated ability for backwards to forwards pivot for ‘with puck’ and ‘without puck’ and made it quicker to pivot without the puck.
• Poke checking – fixed bug causing players to always miss to the same side of the puck.
• Goalies will be more aware of shots right off a faceoff in the offensive zone.
• Goalies will have a harder time dealing with screens.
• Ability to tune shooting back against the grain so it can be less accurate/effective than shooting with your weight behind the shot and moving towards your shooting direction.
• Ability for players to be more susceptible to lose the puck when getting hit while skating backwards with the puck at speed.
• Prevented desperation shots from knocking the puck away from the goalie minimizing the strategy of diving at the goalie to knock the puck loose.
• Fixed shootout logic in GM Connected to include both locked and unlocked users.
• Allowed BAP games to resume from simulation in the middle of a shift (fixed crash when sim intervening).
• Fixed goals screening goalie stat.
• Goalie has a better chance of squaring up to shots from far out.
• Improved orientation of off-puck players in one-timer situations.
• Improved AI behavior against a back skating puck carrier.
• Fixed hit power sliders so only the hitter’s slider value matters.
• Fixed AI players occasionally standing around looking at the puck when resuming from simulation in BAP.
• Fixed BAP being taken off the ice after a short shift that results in a stoppage.
• Fixed rapidly spinning players in BAP when resuming from simulation.
• Ability to tune players puck control coming out of a 45 glide deke.
• Ability to tune CPU pass error on long passes.
• Improved puck hop behavior when it hits the boards.
• Pokechecking effectiveness range tweaked. Players with better stick checking skill will stand out more compared to players with lover ratings in that category.
• Tuned goalies and shooting accuracy to ensure shots in the slot/middle of the ice are more effective than shots from sharp angles.

Presentation and Graphics
• NEW - Added unique (green) Reebok 20K EA Sport branded skates and stick to the RBK pre-order pack (XBOX).
• NEW - Added unique (blue) Reebok 20K EA Sport branded skates and stick to the RBK pre-order pack (PS3).
• NEW - 2012 Winter Classic Jerseys (PHI / NYR) now selectable in regular game modes.
• Reduces frame rate jitter on the Xbox 360 as experienced by a number of players in all game modes but was most noticeable in OTP/EASHL (XBOX).
• Replay Wipe timing fixed.
• Commentary for replays won’t continue if a replay has been skipped.
• Action Tracker post effects (barrel distortion on net cam) is working correctly.
• Tampereen Ilves home/away jerseys now displays correct logo.
• Dynamic board ads added to Toronto’s stadium.
• Snow on players/goaltender/environment now fades out more smoothly/realistically.
• Flag holders in the Winter Classic stadium now stand correctly at all corners of the flag.
• Lulea HF center ice logo now displaying correctly.
• Transition wipes should no longer hold on white frame longer than necessary.
• Boston jumbotron no longer white; has proper textures (PS3).
• Rare occurrence of skate spray not lining up correctly with action now fixed inside of the Action Tracker.
• Shuffling of NIS’ has been improved. Less chance of seeing the same NIS inside of the same game.
• Goalie stick mirroring has been corrected. Blade will now be pointing in the right direction during shootout NIS’.
• NHL Moments Live snow build up on ice will now work correctly.
• Calgary Flames now have proper logos on helmet for both Home/Away.
• Prevented replay speech from playing over top a fight or if goof off is skipped.

Hockey Ultimate Team
• NEW - implement training duration item so training items can last for multiple games.
• Addressed an issue where some users were not getting Puck rewards for playing games and would sometimes get a Loss for actually winning games.
• Fixed an issue where players would continue to receive the Happy Hour bonus if they never disconnect from the EA servers and continued to play HUT games.
• Fixed an issue where after playing a game against the Team of the Week or a team from the Leaderboards screen, the wrong roster would be downloaded for all of the teams in the EAUHL 24/7 league when playing a Single Player game.
• Item Pack Art EASST Player Premium Pack art now shows Promo and not Deal.
• Fixed an issue where players would see an error message with missing text when bidding on the same item over and over until while being out bided by another player.
• Applied training boosts are no longer used up for players in the user's Scratched Roster.
• If user has a Stanley Cup edition item in their starting lineup, they are no longer able to add that same player from the New Items screen, thus resulting in them having 2 of the same players in their lineup.
• Fixed an issue where users are not getting wins for opponent DNFs when playing Online Tournaments against the same opponent twice.
• Fixed a crash that occurred when a player enters the Watch list and highlights a sold (green outline) item.
• Online Tournament opponent searches now check for player skill level and team star rating.
• Fixed the crash when applying Consumable items to some of the players in the New Items screen.
• Addressed an issue where spamming in and out of a challenge team game will cause a blank lineup screen to appear.
• Fixed an issue where users would advance through tournament rounds by entering the tournament tree and then playing through a regular non-tournament game (online and offline).

Be A GM
• Addressed an issue where players that should not be considered waiver eligible were being listed as waiver eligible.

Be A Pro
• Tuned off season player growth effect on the BAP player EXP Growth.
• Fixed an issue where the player’s BAP team would not sign FA’s or RFA’s to contracts.

GM Connected
• New - Trade messaging has been added to the mode.
• Speed up Hub loading times.
• Improved responsiveness when scrolling through the Main Menu to reduce accidently scrolling past the option players want to select.
• Improved scrolling when looking to selecting a team on the trade player screen and select team screen.
• Users should no longer be able to adjust the gameplay sliders during a CPU game.
• Improved responsiveness of league search screens.
• Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause a crash when bringing up the player list on the Trade Player screen.
• Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash while backing out of the mailbox screen.
• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while loading into the GM Connected HUB.
• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when proposing a trade to a CPU team (also fixed in Be-A-GM).

Online Team Play / EASHL
• Addressed an issue where team members from different regions could not match up together in a club practice and the matchmaking would fail as a result.
• Fixed PS3 microphone fluctuations when not set in HQ mode.
• Resolved an issue with EASHL matchmaking where it was returning the captain’s versus skill level instead of the club’s skill level. This will improve the accuracy of matchmaking.
• Addressed an issue where Hockey Shop Boosts were being unequipped to the player’s EASHL Pro upon reboot of their console.

Time to run screaming from the forum mods for the long copypasta.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:38 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

Hopefully the patch will fix freezing issues. My game freezes a few times per day.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:54 PM
BraveCanadian

I recently picked up the game and to me so far it seems much like NHL 12 which is the same thing I could say about the NHL series for the last decade or so...

In any case one issue I am having and I wonder if anyone here knows the solution is that my play by play name in be a pro doesn't ever announce.. my last name is one of the available names but the announcers never use it.

Anyone know how to fix that?

Old
10-23-2012, 01:52 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

I finally noticed something. I created an 18 year old offensive defenseman with 5-star green potential who started as a 73. I then edited an existing twd whos 20 and gave him 4.5 green star potential he's a 74. sim season, 18 year old is now 19, 20 year old 21, 19 year old is now a 90 overall. 21 year old is 76.

give a player gree 5-star potential, he becomes elite the next season. I've done this three times now. Anything below and they barely improve...

Old
10-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Just downloaded the 3rd "roster update". (10/23)

Any real update this time?

Old
10-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Martyros
Allow me to retort

OMFG they finally fixed the mic issue!

Old
10-23-2012, 03:19 PM
hyzer23

Quote:

wondering this too...if you play an ahl game does that make you eligible to be in the game? eg Justin Schultz and Girgensons?

Old
10-23-2012, 03:29 PM
jfb392

Downloaded the new roster update and there's nothing I can see, yet again.
AHL and CHL rosters don't seem to have been touched.

Old
10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
TNT8592

seth jones in the game yet -__-

Old
10-23-2012, 04:20 PM
ki11joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
I recently picked up the game and to me so far it seems much like NHL 12 which is the same thing I could say about the NHL series for the last decade or so...

In any case one issue I am having and I wonder if anyone here knows the solution is that my play by play name in be a pro doesn't ever announce.. my last name is one of the available names but the announcers never use it.

Anyone know how to fix that?
No idea. I'm having that problem too. I pick a name from the list, but it's never mentioned. I play online and everyone else's name is mentioned, but mine isn't and it's annoying because there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Old
10-23-2012, 04:48 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:

Don't think so. Prob one of those roster updates that affects gameplay. Only in NHL does a roster update affect gameplay.

Closed Thread