HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2012, 05:23 PM
  #626
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
Thats why I hate online VS and stick to EASHL
Having 4 other guys on your team that positionally know where to be/don't get caught out of position makes the game significantly more enjoyable for me.

I also had problems with faceoffs this game. When you try to take a faceoff do you pull it straight back or do a half moon? In previous games I pulled it straight back, but it seems like you need to do the half moon to be effective in them now.

Also, for when I do play online Vs. I feel like I NEED a team with a mobile defense

just saw the edit about the cycle. In 12 in Vs. I got most of my offense off the cycle, haven't played much Vs. in 13 but I have been able to create offense off the cycle. In EASHL the cycle is sooo important for my teams offense, probably score at least 50% of our goals off the cycle
I win almost all my faceoffs. Here's what I do:

I'll use a lefty for this example.

to win it to the left: hold the right stick to the right and half moon to the bottom to the left at the correct time

to win it to the right: hold the right stick to the left and half moon to the bottom to the right

to tie up the draw: hold it to either side and half moon up over the top of the circle

I hope that made sense. It was hard to explain.

Deku Scrub is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
  #627
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I win almost all my faceoffs. Here's what I do:

I'll use a lefty for this example.

to win it to the left: hold the right stick to the right and half moon to the bottom to the left at the correct time

to win it to the right: hold the right stick to the left and half moon to the bottom to the right

to tie up the draw: hold it to either side and half moon up over the top of the circle

I hope that made sense. It was hard to explain.
I'm fine with faceoffs now. I said I HAD problems. Before 13 I always pulled straight back, at first I didn't know about this half moon business

this picture should help anybody who struggles with faceoffs

JacobimMugatu is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 06:35 PM
  #628
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
NHL 13 is a joke I mean the CPU players on eashl are useless in every way there passes are S***ty don't poke check at all , rarely hits, there pathetic and lose games for you all the time and never help in any way

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 06:49 PM
  #629
Bridges31
Goon? Lol
 
Bridges31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 11,652
vCash: 500
12-11 shots on goal.

Final score: 6-5

I hate human controlled goalies.

Bridges31 is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 08:18 PM
  #630
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
 
Diamondillium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,359
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
12-11 shots on goal.

Final score: 6-5

I hate human controlled goalies.
You just need me in net.

Diamondillium is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 08:30 PM
  #631
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
NHL 13 is a joke I mean the CPU players on eashl are useless in every way there passes are S***ty don't poke check at all , rarely hits, there pathetic and lose games for you all the time and never help in any way
Pro-tip: EASHL isn't meant to be played with CPU players
And if you have bots on your team, just sayin the other team is dealing with the same disadvantage as you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
12-11 shots on goal.

Final score: 6-5

I hate human controlled goalies.
Play with a good human goalie and you wouldn't be saying that

JacobimMugatu is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 08:51 PM
  #632
Bridges31
Goon? Lol
 
Bridges31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 11,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
Pro-tip: EASHL isn't meant to be played with CPU players
And if you have bots on your team, just sayin the other team is dealing with the same disadvantage as you.

Play with a good human goalie and you wouldn't be saying that
Problem is, I find 1 good human goalie out of every 15 or 20.

Bridges31 is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
  #633
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
I'm fine with faceoffs now. I said I HAD problems. Before 13 I always pulled straight back, at first I didn't know about this half moon business
I just posted that for anyone who may be having trouble. But my explanation probably wasn't very helpful.

On a side note, this patch has made Online versus and Online HUT games literally unplayable for me.

I can't get past the faceoff loop glitch. EA better fix this crap. Even shooting the puck into the bench quickly or starting a fight does not get you away from the looping. It's ridiculous. At least I can still play EASHL...

Deku Scrub is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 09:43 PM
  #634
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 23,603
vCash: 420
oh man this new update to the game is awful. makes me so sad. almost arcade style hitting now? why?

__________________
Hardly Human
P U L L H A R D is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 09:46 PM
  #635
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,410
vCash: 500
As a goalie, i got rammed in TWICE in the same game which resulted into two goals and my team lost 3-2. This is ridiculous.

Martyros is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 09:50 PM
  #636
oilers1084
Registered User
 
oilers1084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Does anyone feel like they can be creative in this game? In my option passing is a pile of junk. I'm feeling like I might switch back to 12. I think this is the worse NHL game I've played. I'm having no fun what so ever with it.


Last edited by oilers1084: 10-24-2012 at 09:55 PM.
oilers1084 is offline  
Old
10-24-2012, 11:29 PM
  #637
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Problem is, I find 1 good human goalie out of every 15 or 20.
Thing is, in drop in games almost everybody is terrible. Well ~90% of players in drop in are. This doesn't change for goalies, but a terrible goalie gets noticed more than a terrible skater. Play club and that can be avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
oh man this new update to the game is awful. makes me so sad. almost arcade style hitting now? why?
Completely disagree. I think they made defense a little harder than they should have, but I've been enjoying the game more since the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Does anyone feel like they can be creative in this game? In my option passing is a pile of junk. I'm feeling like I might switch back to 12. I think this is the worse NHL game I've played. I'm having no fun what so ever with it.
Yes, I feel like I can be creative in this game. With the left trigger you can do some pretty cool stuff. Passing is fine.

JacobimMugatu is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 01:38 AM
  #638
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 23,603
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
Completely disagree. I think they made defense a little harder than they should have, but I've been enjoying the game more since the patch.
I guess I'm just ticked that they 180'd on pokechecking vs hitting. My whole defense was based on the fact that its really hard to knock a guy off the puck unless you time the hit just right. I was all about cutting off passing lanes, watching back door passes, generally playing a really safe defensive game. Now, pokechecking is extremely underpowered in comparison, which is fine (it was ridiculous before), but it results in penalties crazy often. Like almost as bad as pressing A in my experience so far. And hitting is arcadey. I sent Willie Mitchell absolutely flying with Selanne tonight, and Selanne had no momentum or power, it was just a nudge hit and Mitchell went spilling out on the ice. Makes no sense at all. The game does seem "smoother", but at what expense? Cycling the puck is crazy easy now. My opponent and I traded insane shifts all game. My lines would be absolutely dead because I literally had the puck for half periods at a time. I couldn't change because I had unending amounts of scoring chances. Doesn't seem any better or more realistic to me, at all, so far.

P U L L H A R D is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:21 AM
  #639
oilers1084
Registered User
 
oilers1084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu View Post
Thing is, in drop in games almost everybody is terrible. Well ~90% of players in drop in are. This doesn't change for goalies, but a terrible goalie gets noticed more than a terrible skater. Play club and that can be avoided.


Completely disagree. I think they made defense a little harder than they should have, but I've been enjoying the game more since the patch.


Yes, I feel like I can be creative in this game. With the left trigger you can do some pretty cool stuff. Passing is fine.
Yeah, because shaking backwards is so cool. Passing is clunky.

oilers1084 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:26 AM
  #640
Slapshot_11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,614
vCash: 500
Its harder to score now and goalies are leaping to the other side of the net to stop sure goals

Slapshot_11 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:13 AM
  #641
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread
 
JacobimMugatu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: f=253
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers1084 View Post
Yeah, because shaking backwards is so cool. Passing is clunky.
Not skating backwards, but the pivots you can do with it. Can completely fool dmen.
You're probably just a bad passer. They made it harder than it was in 12 and thats not a bad thing

JacobimMugatu is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:34 AM
  #642
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 23,603
vCash: 420
Yeah, played another 5 games just now. Went 4-1, and had 0 fun. Passing isn't just "harder", it often makes no sense. I make perfect, soft passes right to a winger in the offensive zone or while we are gaining the zone, they bobble it and lose it. I pass a hard one through a mess of players, and its like the puck has a magnet to the wingers stick, goes right to the guy and stays with him. There is no logic to the game anymore. The game I lost, I think the guy was using new glitches/manipulations, because he was doing really hard passes (while on his backhand) in the corner (sort of) of my offensive zone, and scoring far side right along the ice. Maybe those aren't new? But regardless, it was nothing like hockey, had no flow to the game, every other defensive effort is a penalty, pokechecking is less powerful, but makes the puck flop all over the ice, etc. Doesn't make any sense

P U L L H A R D is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 07:11 AM
  #643
The Right Price
Registered User
 
The Right Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
The game is okay but the penalties need to be fixed! Using 1.06.

I put the penalties for both Human and CPU to the max. Way too much was called, almost every time I touched someone was either interference or roughing.

I find that a little less than max is a good setting for penalties but in game it is way unbalanced to the favour of CPU.

Example. in my BaGM with Coyotes I check a guy who has the puck (from behind yes) with Doan and get a game misconduct. Well a few minutes later Cammalleri, on my team, gets the exact same treatment! And nothing is called.

Well I guess that is quite realistic after all, but only if it would happen once or twice. I seem to get called (interference, or roughing) for just finishing my effin checks. While the CPU can do almost anything to me as long as I have the puck.

Human vs Human games are fun though, gotta admit. It is not a perfect game of the shelves but with both roster and slider tweaking it is atleast okay. The last NHL I owned was 09.

The Right Price is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:23 AM
  #644
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,795
vCash: 500
After playing a few games in the last day, Im convinced the AI is worse than before. Breaking out of my own zone is a task sometimes as centers and wingers seem to stand around more than ever. Maybe it's just me.

Petes2424 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:25 AM
  #645
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,333
vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
The game is okay but the penalties need to be fixed! Using 1.06.

I put the penalties for both Human and CPU to the max. Way too much was called, almost every time I touched someone was either interference or roughing.

I find that a little less than max is a good setting for penalties but in game it is way unbalanced to the favour of CPU.

Example. in my BaGM with Coyotes I check a guy who has the puck (from behind yes) with Doan and get a game misconduct. Well a few minutes later Cammalleri, on my team, gets the exact same treatment! And nothing is called.

Well I guess that is quite realistic after all, but only if it would happen once or twice. I seem to get called (interference, or roughing) for just finishing my effin checks. While the CPU can do almost anything to me as long as I have the puck.

Human vs Human games are fun though, gotta admit. It is not a perfect game of the shelves but with both roster and slider tweaking it is atleast okay. The last NHL I owned was 09.
The CPU can still do almost anything to you when you don't have the puck. It's ridiculous.

Deku Scrub is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:11 AM
  #646
Penguins23
Le Magnifique
 
Penguins23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Moncton,NewBrunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
After playing a few games in the last day, Im convinced the AI is worse than before. Breaking out of my own zone is a task sometimes as centers and wingers seem to stand around more than ever. Maybe it's just me.
I have that same problem in my HUT even on full out attack. I thought it was my chemistry so I bought change team cards and my top 3 lines all have 99 chemistry but it's still terrible.

__________________
.
Penguins23 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:53 AM
  #647
madcracker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Bump, would appreciate if anyone could find that out for me.

Diaz: 3.5 Gold
Leblanc: 4 Gold

madcracker is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:30 AM
  #648
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
I have that same problem in my HUT even on full out attack. I thought it was my chemistry so I bought change team cards and my top 3 lines all have 99 chemistry but it's still terrible.
I assume I'll figure it out but this is the first time Im really complaining about the game play itself. They needed to tighten things up, not confuse issues even more. I honestly have never really had a problem with faceoffs until yesterday. I went down to PRO against the computer and still was about 25%. That doesnt even bother me so much but here's two issues that Im finding ridiculous as well as the breakouts.

First, lets say you shoot wide or the goaltender leaves a rebound out in the corner. My players are not releasing (from in front of the net) until well after the play is already determined. Almost as if they're stuck in the air. They're not even tied up half the time.

Second, the passing just turned into complete atom levels. It's taking the crispness and flow away from the game. Hockey is a game of flow where you can actually reverse the puck behind your net and there's a 90% chance your defensive partner will accept that pass while moving. Or better yet, you can make a couple passes on odd man advantages without the puck missing your player by ten feet.

Honestly, I think they just turned down the AI levels on player and turned up the AI level for the CPU. I dont understand programming or any of that but this patch may have fixed some things, but it's absolutely effecting other items in a negative way.

Petes2424 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
  #649
plaaplaa72
Registered User
 
plaaplaa72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Another Roster update? Weird, but i didn't yet again notice any difference in the Rosters. What are they even updating?

EDIT:
NVM, seems like the updated the Elitserien rosters.

plaaplaa72 is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  #650
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,885
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
Another Roster update? Weird, but i didn't yet again notice any difference in the Rosters. What are they even updating?
Check the euro teams they said something of a NHL player update for the Euro teams soon

Scottyk9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.