HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2012, 12:13 PM
  #651
plaaplaa72
Registered User
 
plaaplaa72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Check the euro teams they said something of a NHL player update for the Euro teams soon
Yeah just saw that.

plaaplaa72 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 03:19 PM
  #652
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,103
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Here are the things i would like them to fix
1.SO THAT THE CPU CANT TAKE THE PUCK AWAY FROM YOU BY DOING NOTHING
2. MAKE THE STICK LIFT MORE EFFECTIVE!
3. less tripping/slashing penalties.
4. Make the hitting more balanced inbetween the com and user
5. Make the goalies more balanced inbetween the com and user
6. Fix the race to the puck so that if u get there first you will actually get the puck not the com

And i would like them to add in the ability for be a gm for set lines.
Also probably my number 3 pet peeve about this game is that your players cannot pick up the puck to save their life. It's like the puck is a marble or someting.

18Hossa is online now  
Old
10-25-2012, 10:29 PM
  #653
David71
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,201
vCash: 500
roster update still needs fixing. ahl guys that that have left via f.a or to other teams are still with their original teams.

David71 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 10:38 PM
  #654
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Numbers in HUT have changed in the latest update, not sure if the big ones (Kessel, Sedin) have been fixed as I'm forever in the HUT poorhouse.

TheFlyingV is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 05:35 AM
  #655
Greeningfan14
Registered User
 
Greeningfan14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,715
vCash: 500
Been playing 12 for awhile now. May go back to 13 soon

Greeningfan14 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 08:57 AM
  #656
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 12,611
vCash: 500
I found the solution to always getting a top-5 pick, even though my own team always end up top-5.

I also found the best way, by far, to score.



Still impossible to make a fair trade, value-wise, against the compter.

Nordic* is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
  #657
TedenbysFrontTeeth
INFP
 
TedenbysFrontTeeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
This update resolved the choppiness issue for me. I rarely ever get any significant lag and if there's anything I'm most thankful for in transition from NHL 12 to 13 it would be this. I had so much lag it just wasn't fun and really could not learn on my mistakes, as they were lag derived. That's fixed. Love the skating, loose pucks, and rebounds too.

If I have any peeve right now it's the opposition skating directly into me, not using the hit button yes, but still interfering with my skating without the puck and not being called for it. Sometimes this is done in deliberate action, but most often just normal collision. It's very annoying! Like I'm trying to get back on defense and some enemy guy runs into me making me lose my balance and I fall behind on a play I could have potentially prevented. There's no penalty call for interference. Even sometimes a deliberate hit, a check not a collision, behind the play isn't called. Come on.


Last edited by TedenbysFrontTeeth: 10-26-2012 at 10:46 AM.
TedenbysFrontTeeth is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:52 PM
  #658
John McClane
Registered User
 
John McClane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 287
Man, it's hard finding a game where the person won't leave after I score 2 or 3 goals. I had somebody leave because I scored the first goal of the game!

John McClane is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 01:43 PM
  #659
SaNcAlandariel
Registered User
 
SaNcAlandariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Man, it's hard finding a game where the person won't leave after I score 2 or 3 goals. I had somebody leave because I scored the first goal of the game!
Welcome to online versus. That's why you act terrible for the first two periods and then destroy them in the third. It's also hilarious that way.

SaNcAlandariel is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 02:30 PM
  #660
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,701
vCash: 500
I feel like it's an unwritten law that you never watch past the first replay during online play.

I was playing some guy and he went up 3 - 0 on me and made me sit through the entire replay sequences up until the next draw. I ended up beating him 9 - 3. Made him watch every single one. Feels good, man.

BonMorrison is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
  #661
WhatASaveDave
Registered User
 
WhatASaveDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: toronto ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,780
vCash: 500
with the updated euro rosters, is elias lindholm in the game ?

WhatASaveDave is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
  #662
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave View Post
with the updated euro rosters, is elias lindholm in the game ?
No, in typical EA fashion they only added duplicates of NHL players playing in Europe.

FLYguy3911 is online now  
Old
10-26-2012, 04:11 PM
  #663
DelZottoHitTheNetJK
Registered User
 
DelZottoHitTheNetJK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Anyone looking for an X360 EASHL team PM me.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 04:51 PM
  #664
mitchmagic
Registered User
 
mitchmagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Iceland
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
https://twitter.com/smilingoff

This guy really has a problem with the online play. Haha.

Mitch

mitchmagic is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 06:09 PM
  #665
Chevrier
Registered User
 
Chevrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
I feel like it's an unwritten law that you never watch past the first replay during online play.

I was playing some guy and he went up 3 - 0 on me and made me sit through the entire replay sequences up until the next draw. I ended up beating him 9 - 3. Made him watch every single one. Feels good, man.
I had to log in and post for the first time in forever solely to salute this post. Haha, that is great.

Chevrier is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 06:14 PM
  #666
ki11joy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
I feel like it's an unwritten law that you never watch past the first replay during online play.

I was playing some guy and he went up 3 - 0 on me and made me sit through the entire replay sequences up until the next draw. I ended up beating him 9 - 3. Made him watch every single one. Feels good, man.
Yeah, especially since the Action Tracker has all the replays saved so you can watch them during the intermission. Sometimes if it's a weird goal, I'll want to see how it went in. But either I skip after the first replay or skip it entirely to keep the game moving.

ki11joy is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 07:32 PM
  #667
Fire Dumboer
Registered User
 
Fire Dumboer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,412
vCash: 500
Hey Deku good goal on Nasher's top 5

Fire Dumboer is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 07:36 PM
  #668
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,603
vCash: 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
Hey Deku good goal on Nasher's top 5
Haha, thanks man!

Deku Scrub is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 11:26 PM
  #669
Dreakon
Registered User
 
Dreakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mighty Taco
Country: United States
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
Welcome to online versus. That's why you act terrible for the first two periods and then destroy them in the third. It's also hilarious that way.
My disconnect rating must be horrible in NHL 13. I never, ever quit out of games in 12 (even if people went for the cross-crease all game long) but people don't even try to hide their obvious exploiting in this game. And this game is pretty damn exploitable if you want to drain every last ounce of fun out of it.

Typical Online Versus Tactic:
1. Pick Detroit (team is inherently great at puck control, you barely even need to try).
2. Keep Datsyuk out as much as possible (pretty much immune to pokechecks/sticklifts/defensive abilities).
3. Don't hide the fact you're going for easy wristers all game.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Maybe add an additional "cross my fingers every potentially lucky thing goes my way" or "cross my fingers my opponent picks an average to below-average team" step if the first three aren't enough. Why the hell would I stick it out to the end? I don't know why I bother in the first place anymore.


Last edited by Dreakon: 10-26-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Dreakon is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 11:58 PM
  #670
Dmd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Can any of you give me a couple tips for club. Ex: how should I upgrade my guy and how big he should be, how to get around the defense ect... Finding it allot harder then nhl 12 so far

Dmd is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 12:54 AM
  #671
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmd View Post
Can any of you give me a couple tips for club. Ex: how should I upgrade my guy and how big he should be, how to get around the defense ect... Finding it allot harder then nhl 12 so far
Change speeds and use your opponents momentum against them. If you like to deke, it's nearly impossible to deke while accelerating or at high speeds so make sure you at least coast before you try to pull it off. You're not going to be able to skill stick your way through defenders anymore, so take what they give you.

Sean Garrity is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 06:12 AM
  #672
TheQuackAttack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
No rants or anything, i'm pretty happy about NHL 13 so far. But this has been in the series for like a decade now (as long as i've played, anyways), and I always find the invisible wall thing when they don't want you scoring to be funny This was in HUT on an extremely easy game, so I ain't mad. But yeah, Niederberger was very... Quick-like in his tactics


TheQuackAttack is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 08:08 AM
  #673
P U L L H A R D
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 24,133
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakon View Post
My disconnect rating must be horrible in NHL 13. I never, ever quit out of games in 12 (even if people went for the cross-crease all game long) but people don't even try to hide their obvious exploiting in this game. And this game is pretty damn exploitable if you want to drain every last ounce of fun out of it.

Typical Online Versus Tactic:
1. Pick Detroit (team is inherently great at puck control, you barely even need to try).
2. Keep Datsyuk out as much as possible (pretty much immune to pokechecks/sticklifts/defensive abilities).
3. Don't hide the fact you're going for easy wristers all game.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Maybe add an additional "cross my fingers every potentially lucky thing goes my way" or "cross my fingers my opponent picks an average to below-average team" step if the first three aren't enough. Why the hell would I stick it out to the end? I don't know why I bother in the first place anymore.
Welcome to 2012 where no one has honour anymore. People would rather win by scoring absolute garbage goals than try to play hockey.

P U L L H A R D is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 08:09 AM
  #674
Dmd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Change speeds and use your opponents momentum against them. If you like to deke, it's nearly impossible to deke while accelerating or at high speeds so make sure you at least coast before you try to pull it off. You're not going to be able to skill stick your way through defenders anymore, so take what they give you.

Thanks do you know how I should make and upgrade my guy

Dmd is offline  
Old
10-27-2012, 10:57 AM
  #675
Dreakon
Registered User
 
Dreakon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Mighty Taco
Country: United States
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Welcome to 2012 where no one has honour anymore. People would rather win by scoring absolute garbage goals than try to play hockey.
Wouldn't even mind it so much if it didn't feel like the game catered to it every step of the way.

Dreakon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.