HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2012, 12:04 AM
  #176
glasgow26
Registered User
 
glasgow26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDogs View Post
Want the perfect example as to how gd lazy EA is? In Be a GM, when it shows the list of players retiring, Winnipeg is still at the top of the list. You know, where Atlanta would have been two years ago.

Anyways I have some questions about potential. Are the star ratings set in stone? Like could somebody with 2 stars of potential ever become 3 stars of potential, or are the stars their max ceiling? Can the colour of the stars ever change?
The color of the stars does change, but I've never seen a player gain or lose stars. Once a player has reached his potential, the yellow/green/red stars become white. I think I've also seen a player with 4 yellow stars change to 4 red stars before, but it's very rare. Potential is pretty weird this year...I like that some players become busts and others become superstars, but I don't like that it seems to be completely random. It seems as if playing time has little to no effect on how players develop. You can give a guy first line minutes and he'll put up 70 points but only go from a 71 to a 72, while the 65 overall guy on the fourth line jumps up to a 77 overall.

glasgow26 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 03:29 AM
  #177
Raekwon
Registered User
 
Raekwon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 397
vCash: 50
Does anyone know how griffin reinhart progresses after the first year?

Raekwon is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 05:04 AM
  #178
pl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Is the EASHL lag fixed yet?
It seems it is on ps3 but on xbox its still not fix

pl is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 07:11 AM
  #179
Maccas
Registered User
 
Maccas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 395
vCash: 833
Ok I've had the game a couple of days and although I think some of the new features are great I'm really struggling to love it.
For my first game I stuck it on Rookie and did a Canucks vs Oilers game. It was way too easy, I won 10-1 and probably could have had more had I not decided to try and injure Taylor Hall in the 3rd period.
Stuck it on Pro expecting it to be like NHL12 and went into GM mode, lost my first 3 games and only managed to score 1 goal total.
I went out of it again and thought I'd just practice so I've done probably 20 games against teams like Chicago and lost every single one, each time I have struggled to score despite trying literally everything I can think of (From the points, cycling, cross-crease, hitting the net etc etc) and then Luongo goes and lets in ridiculously cheap goals.

I even just did a game against a really weak team (HC Ambri-Piotta) and just about managed to win 4-3 in Overtime despite outshooting them 40-6 and completely controlling the game. Luongo let in two from point shots where he actually moved out of the way (no-one screening) and one from a cross crease pass that bounced off his pads and went in.
I honestly think I am going to go back to NHL12 until they fix this. I don't mind the tough to score on netminders for the other team but I wish it would be equal.

Maccas is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 08:30 AM
  #180
plaaplaa72
Registered User
 
plaaplaa72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 671
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDogs View Post
Want the perfect example as to how gd lazy EA is? In Be a GM, when it shows the list of players retiring, Winnipeg is still at the top of the list. You know, where Atlanta would have been two years ago.

Anyways I have some questions about potential. Are the star ratings set in stone? Like could somebody with 2 stars of potential ever become 3 stars of potential, or are the stars their max ceiling? Can the colour of the stars ever change?
The color can change, but he wont get more stars. But as he ages, his potential stars and stats start to decrease (For ex. from 4 white stars to 3 white stars)

plaaplaa72 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 08:46 AM
  #181
Alivesi
Registered User
 
Alivesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,032
vCash: 500
Speaking of stars, I've seen someone get fully scouted at white 4 stars, then turn out to be 4 and 1/2 stars.

Alivesi is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:01 AM
  #182
JumboThornton92
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
Speaking of stars, I've seen someone get fully scouted at white 4 stars, then turn out to be 4 and 1/2 stars.
You watching that 2BC Calgary GM commentary?

JumboThornton92 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:07 AM
  #183
GoJackets1
Someday.
 
GoJackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,858
vCash: 500
Came across a weird glitch yesterday. Playing as the Jackets vs the Red Wings. Home game for the Jackets. The arena had the center ice Jackets logo, but the center red line was that which is in the Stars arena, as well as green dashers and fans wearing stars jerseys. It was a combo of Jackets and Stars arenas. Very strange.

GoJackets1 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:24 AM
  #184
Fleury4ever
Registered User
 
Fleury4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,028
vCash: 500
The hitting/checking is completely messed up! I can't be the only one right?

The CPU knocks my guys over so easily, from awkward positions, but I'll only put one guy on his butt per game...

Please tell me this is viewed as an issue that needs to be fixed.

Fleury4ever is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:35 AM
  #185
juve
Registered User
 
juve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
The hitting/checking is completely messed up! I can't be the only one right?

The CPU knocks my guys over so easily, from awkward positions, but I'll only put one guy on his butt per game...

Please tell me this is viewed as an issue that needs to be fixed.
I just picked up the game and I'm always the one falling to the ice when I make a hit. I prefer Nhl 12.

juve is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 10:12 AM
  #186
Fleury4ever
Registered User
 
Fleury4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
I just picked up the game and I'm always the one falling to the ice when I make a hit. I prefer Nhl 12.
I think all of the changes were needed. The game had to be more random, be tougher to get out of your own zone, etc. The skating should also help goalies be more realistic if they do it right.

But they need to be tweaking the **** of this game over the first couple months. Hitting has got to be fixed, the sliders are clearly broken, it's a systemic issue. It also undoes something they tried to fix last year, which is counterproductive.

Fleury4ever is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
  #187
Fallenity
Registered User
 
Fallenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
Getting increasingly annoyed at the game.

Gameplay by itself is great and once you get into a game, I like it alot. But it's the "unfinished" feel of the game that I don't like, a lot of bugs.

- Lose connection with EA servers often
- Multiple problems with HUT (disappearing trade cards, not getting pucks, not finding opponents -> game freezing)
- Slooooow GM Conn. menu
- Can't modify players
- Can't permanently change lines for online play
- Can't set strategy for HUT team, always have to input them before every game
+ loads of other, smaller technical glitches

Blah, better just to stick with the offline play

Fallenity is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 11:03 AM
  #188
ds246pit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Question for the GM connected Commish's here. I am going to be starting my first one for just a couple of friends so basically 4 User teams and the rest are CPU run.

My question is when i start the league can i adjust the settings and they take effect for all of the user teams? So if i increase the passing speed does it lock it in for all of the users or can each user modify their own to fit their style? If so how does that affect when you play head to head?

ds246pit is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 11:10 AM
  #189
BruinsFTW
Registered User
 
BruinsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,316
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Getting increasingly annoyed at the game.

Gameplay by itself is great and once you get into a game, I like it alot. But it's the "unfinished" feel of the game that I don't like, a lot of bugs.

- Lose connection with EA servers often
- Multiple problems with HUT (disappearing trade cards, not getting pucks, not finding opponents -> game freezing)
- Slooooow GM Conn. menu
- Can't modify players
- Can't permanently change lines for online play
- Can't set strategy for HUT team, always have to input them before every game
+ loads of other, smaller technical glitches

Blah, better just to stick with the offline play
I really don't have a lot of complaints about this game and HIGHLY prefer it over 12 but this is spot on..

Gotten a few losses after joining an OFFLINE HUT game and losing connection to servers..

Have had MULTIPLE cards disappear on me after I won them or sent them to trade pile or collection..

Gotten loses for wins...

You finally have Import AI but not for HUT, people quit out if you try to do it before the game...which frustrates me so I have to set it when I get into the game..WHY CANT YOU HAVE IT IMPORTED INTO HUT AND SET FOR DIFFERENT LINEUPS!?!

GM Connected is the slowest **** ever, totally unacceptable.

You finally get matched up with people playing your tournament online now but if you can't find someone similar chances are you match up with some 5 star beast team when your playing the CHL tourny. That **** pisses me off to no end since you can't see lineups anymore. I'd rather not find a game, than play someone stacked outside of my tourny requirements.

Overall I LOVE 13...and like it 100% more than I liked 12....but theres so many little things that add up to piss me off....which atleast 85% of them could be fixed...but won't be. EA really does need some competition again so they can ****in step their game up.


Last edited by BruinsFTW: 09-27-2012 at 11:21 AM.
BruinsFTW is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 11:11 AM
  #190
BruinsFTW
Registered User
 
BruinsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,316
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ds246pit View Post
Question for the GM connected Commish's here. I am going to be starting my first one for just a couple of friends so basically 4 User teams and the rest are CPU run.

My question is when i start the league can i adjust the settings and they take effect for all of the user teams? So if i increase the passing speed does it lock it in for all of the users or can each user modify their own to fit their style? If so how does that affect when you play head to head?
Its just like online (VS/HUT etc) I believe...you can't adjust sliders

BruinsFTW is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 11:26 AM
  #191
Flow
Registered User
 
Flow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Upper Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 500
The first couple days of the game playing EASHL was amazing. Now playing it more and more it seems ny computer AI teammates are back to being garbage. I don't know if it has anything to do with the strategies or what? Anyone else having a problem like this?

Flow is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
  #192
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
The hitting/checking is completely messed up! I can't be the only one right?

The CPU knocks my guys over so easily, from awkward positions, but I'll only put one guy on his butt per game...

Please tell me this is viewed as an issue that needs to be fixed.
of all the teams I faced, Vancouver is the dirtiest and most physical when I play them. Hitting is just so messed up.

Erza Scarlet is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 11:43 AM
  #193
Martyros
Allow me to retort
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 500
during the playoffs, we were 30 seconds away from our 2nd win(pretty easy win) and all of a sudden everyone on our team (5 players) lost connection and the other team got the W and we got knocked out...

Martyros is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 12:26 PM
  #194
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
The hitting/checking is completely messed up! I can't be the only one right?

The CPU knocks my guys over so easily, from awkward positions, but I'll only put one guy on his butt per game...

Please tell me this is viewed as an issue that needs to be fixed.
Apparently the hit power sliders are reversed. So CPU hit power is actually the slider for human hit power and vice versa.

Reign Nateo is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 12:38 PM
  #195
Pog Form
Registered User
 
Pog Form's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
The hitting/checking is completely messed up! I can't be the only one right?

The CPU knocks my guys over so easily, from awkward positions, but I'll only put one guy on his butt per game...

Please tell me this is viewed as an issue that needs to be fixed.
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but in gameplay settings, the sliders for human and AI "hitting power" are reversed. I tested it out and can say that it is definitely true, at least on PS3. So that means increasing "human" hitting power actually increases the CPU hitting power and vice versa.

-edit- what Reign Nateo said!

Pog Form is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 03:37 PM
  #196
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,985
vCash: 567
What do you think of NHL 13

It has been a couple of weeks since it was released. What do you think of NHL 13?

donghabs98 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 04:42 PM
  #197
Xia
Registered User
 
Xia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
I really like it, I gave up on playing online though. The only thing I was really interested in online was GM Connected but it seems way too unfinished to enjoy. The menu's are incredibly slow, and the Commissioner never seems to be able to tell if the other users have played all their games, so me and my two buddies would constantly miss out on games that were just simmed through.

Otherwise, I really like it. I've been running offline Be a GM and I'm almost near the playoffs in my first season. I haven't had many problems that people here have mentioned. I think the excessive injuries has to go with simming games, I only simmed once and had two players out for a week to a month. Other than that, if you give all four lines fair ice time, you should be able to avoid injuries. I haven't had any really good players pop up on waivers either, don't know what that's about but like I said, only on my first season and I try to play every game.

I like everything about the on ice play, it's far from perfect, but it's definently my favorite hockey video game to date.

Xia is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
  #198
kirby11
Registered User
 
kirby11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cleveland, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccas View Post
Ok I've had the game a couple of days and although I think some of the new features are great I'm really struggling to love it.
For my first game I stuck it on Rookie and did a Canucks vs Oilers game. It was way too easy, I won 10-1 and probably could have had more had I not decided to try and injure Taylor Hall in the 3rd period.
Stuck it on Pro expecting it to be like NHL12 and went into GM mode, lost my first 3 games and only managed to score 1 goal total.
I went out of it again and thought I'd just practice so I've done probably 20 games against teams like Chicago and lost every single one, each time I have struggled to score despite trying literally everything I can think of (From the points, cycling, cross-crease, hitting the net etc etc) and then Luongo goes and lets in ridiculously cheap goals.

I even just did a game against a really weak team (HC Ambri-Piotta) and just about managed to win 4-3 in Overtime despite outshooting them 40-6 and completely controlling the game. Luongo let in two from point shots where he actually moved out of the way (no-one screening) and one from a cross crease pass that bounced off his pads and went in.
I honestly think I am going to go back to NHL12 until they fix this. I don't mind the tough to score on netminders for the other team but I wish it would be equal.
if you want to score in 13, just take random wrist shots. actual hockey plays rarely work (EA decided adding good CPU AI and superhuman goalies together was a good idea, apparently) but the CPU can shoot from anywhere in the zone and have a better chance of scoring. i played the demo, didn't like it much, went back to 12. Just upped the ability of CPU defenders so one timers/cross creasing isn't unstoppable. but unlike in 13, actual plays based on good passing, cycling, puck movement, etc have a higher chance of creating goals in 12 than a weak wrist shot from the point.

kirby11 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 05:07 PM
  #199
Dustin Peener
boom boom
 
Dustin Peener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 55,920
vCash: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
if you want to score in 13, just take random wrist shots. actual hockey plays rarely work (EA decided adding good CPU AI and superhuman goalies together was a good idea, apparently) but the CPU can shoot from anywhere in the zone and have a better chance of scoring. i played the demo, didn't like it much, went back to 12. Just upped the ability of CPU defenders so one timers/cross creasing isn't unstoppable. but unlike in 13, actual plays based on good passing, cycling, puck movement, etc have a higher chance of creating goals in 12 than a weak wrist shot from the point.
Yeah, making the AI defence and human poke-check much better was enough, you should still get rewarded and able to do a cross-crease if you can get a Dman out of position and get a 2 on 1 or pass back to an unmarked trailer in the slot. You know, like real life. But EA has completely thrown the concept of actual realistic hockey out of the window.

Dustin Peener is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:05 PM
  #200
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle
 
Erza Scarlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Requiem
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
played a game where the guy scored 2 glitch goals (Kopitar pull back and wrist shot from the point (no screen, nothing) and him constantly shooting from the circle) and then for a half of period he just held the puck in his D zone doing nothing. You know wasting the clock away.

Is there anyway I can report those kind of players? Had to quit and take the loss because of that.


Last edited by Erza Scarlet: 09-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Erza Scarlet is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.