HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 09:05 PM
NICKD

vCash: 500
Tuner 1.04
All Modes
Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
Pokecheck less effective in HUT
Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.

Increase penalty calls across the board
Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
Increase likelihood of interference being called
Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released

Old
09-27-2012, 09:09 PM
JaeTM

Has anyone played through a full season with the Oilers? If so, around how far up do RNH, Hall and Eberle increase in their overalls? Eberle and RNH are incredible underrated in this game and I'm regretting choosing the Oil as my GM Connected team.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:25 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post
played a game where the guy scored 2 glitch goals (Kopitar pull back and wrist shot from the point (no screen, nothing) and him constantly shooting from the circle) and then for a half of period he just held the puck in his D zone doing nothing. You know wasting the clock away.

Is there anyway I can report those kind of players? Had to quit and take the loss because of that.
1 its not a glitch goal to shoot from high percentage areas over and over again if you keep giving them up.

2 ragging the puck is the worst thing in this game but good players adjust the CPU strategy to pressure the puck when it happens then go in and try to strip it themselves when the puck is vulnerable.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
if you want to score in 13, just take random wrist shots. actual hockey plays rarely work (EA decided adding good CPU AI and superhuman goalies together was a good idea, apparently) but the CPU can shoot from anywhere in the zone and have a better chance of scoring. i played the demo, didn't like it much, went back to 12. Just upped the ability of CPU defenders so one timers/cross creasing isn't unstoppable. but unlike in 13, actual plays based on good passing, cycling, puck movement, etc have a higher chance of creating goals in 12 than a weak wrist shot from the point.
Yeah, it doesn't really feel as rewarding to score, because there's no real payoff for a well executed play most of the time. I don't want one timers to be automatic either, but I also don't want the goalie to stop one because he slid across the crease in a sitting position without pushing off of anything.

Which one of these scenarios would more likely result in a goal:
-Craig Adams lobbing a wrist shot on goal from outside the circles
-Sidney Crosby threading a tape to tape pass to James Neal, who's sitting off the post for a tap in on a 5 on 3

In NHL 13 the answer is the first one.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:46 PM
Ralph
Stevehead.

vCash: 1135
Curve shots a plenty all the sudden.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:59 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
What the hell happened to the goalies? Me and my friend play GM connected together against the computer and it went from us being competitive on allstar to having to drop all the way down to rookie and pummel the other team 40-10 in shots just to score a few

Old
09-28-2012, 12:21 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
What the hell happened to the goalies? Me and my friend play GM connected together against the computer and it went from us being competitive on allstar to having to drop all the way down to rookie and pummel the other team 40-10 in shots just to score a few
They made the goalies have better rebound control and they are now better with their glove

Old
09-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

In a drop-in game and someone is hacking with a lag switch, the game keeps rewinding

Old
09-28-2012, 09:16 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Nhl 13 is the greatest game ever made!!!

Alright, so I finally bought the game. WOW, THIS THING IS A ****ING WORK OF ART, JUST AMAZING!!!!!

They've finally made a hockey game. If you play good hockey, you score and you win. Finally, it's not a game where you shoot glitch shots from the blue line or any other predictable sure thing shots. You outplay the opponent, outshoot them, you win. I played my first 3 games last night, couldn't get enough so I got up at 6AM to get in a couple games before I went to work, won both of them too. 5-0 so far, 17GF, 3 GA, 3 SO.

Old
09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Alright, so I finally bought the game. WOW, THIS THING IS A ****ING WORK OF ART, JUST AMAZING!!!!!

They've finally made a hockey game. If you play good hockey, you score and you win. Finally, it's not a game where you shoot glitch shots from the blue line or any other predictable sure thing shots. You outplay the opponent, outshoot them, you win. I played my first 3 games last night, couldn't get enough so I got up at 6AM to get in a couple games before I went to work, won both of them too. 5-0 so far, 17GF, 3 GA, 3 SO.
Not sure if serious

Old
09-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Mav3rick07
Hall-Hopkins-Yakupov

What skill level is everyone here? And whats your record ?

Skill Level 24

19-3-4

Old
09-28-2012, 11:02 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Not sure if serious
What about that statement don't you understand. In the old games, you could outshoot someone online 30-9, out hit them 25-10, have the puck twice or even three times as long and lose 3-0. In this game, you outplay your opponent and take good shots like a real NHL player would, you score.

Old
09-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
What about that statement don't you understand. In the old games, you could outshoot someone online 30-9, out hit them 25-10, have the puck twice or even three times as long and lose 3-0. In this game, you outplay your opponent and take good shots like a real NHL player would, you score.
You can't make actual hockey plays in '13

Old
09-28-2012, 11:12 AM
BruinsFTW

Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKD View Post
Tuner 1.04
All Modes
Greater chance of penalty being called if a player is tripped (stumbles will now be considered trips)
Pokecheck less effective in HUT
Goalies less vulnerable on shots from distance on the rush on Game Styles Normal and Hardcore.
Decreased AI ability to make long stretch passes when Users were calling for a pass.

Increase penalty calls across the board
Increase effect of CPU Opponent and CPU Teammate penalty sliders
Increase chance of slash being called on stick lift from a bad angle
Increase likelihood of interference being called
Increase chance of CPU clearance being played over the boards
Increase chance of boarding, charging and hitting from behind being called
Increase time CPU will finish checks after puck is released
Great so now there will be 1000 penalties per game....Thanks to everyone who kept whining they didn't get power plays cause they sucked at drawing calls...sigh

Old
09-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
Great so now there will be 1000 penalties per game....Thanks to everyone who kept whining they didn't get power plays cause they sucked at drawing calls...sigh
Well if you play proper d instead of just mash the pokecheck button everytime the other Guy has the puck you'll be fine

Old
09-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Well if you play proper d instead of just mash the pokecheck button everytime the other Guy has the puck you'll be fine
It's not that, it's the fact that other people will take penalties and the game will take ages because the clock runs down slower

Old
09-28-2012, 11:30 AM
BruinsFTW

Quote:
It's not that, it's the fact that other people will take penalties and the game will take ages because the clock runs down slower
Yep....I don't need 10 powerplays a game to win...I was fine with 1-3 and had no problem drawing calls if I felt I needed one...

Online people always take a bunch so now it'll be worse especially cause like said, people just mash poke check so every time my guy stumbles it'll be a PP. I thought the median was fine before....But nope people always have to complain about everything.

Year in and year out these stupid tuner updates ruin the game....they're never for what the game really needs just what whiny kids on the EA forums complain for..

Old
09-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Lol that's stupid reasoning im sorry. If ppl wanna give me a bunch of powerplays ill gladly take it.. if you don't like taking tons of tripping penalties learn how to do something other than r1,r1,r1... lol

Old
09-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
except the best way to score in this game is to just throw the puck on net from absolutely everywhere and wait for the goalies to let in a weak 1. If you are making hockey plays then you aren't playing optimally

Old
09-28-2012, 11:46 AM
BruinsFTW

Quote:
Lol that's stupid reasoning im sorry. If ppl wanna give me a bunch of powerplays ill gladly take it.. if you don't like taking tons of tripping penalties learn how to do something other than r1,r1,r1... lol
Yeah except nowhere in any of my statements does it say I take a lot of penalties...so I don't know why you keep bringing up that I can't play defense.

I don't want to play a game for 40 minutes cause the other guy can't do something other than hit RB all day..

I don't care about having 10 PP's a game..The median was fine before..They don't leave many options to play defense besides spamming RB...stick lift is awful and using the body doesn't work well either...pass block is damn near useless too. I use RB a lot but I don't take tripping calls. Games will take twice as long now online on HUT with the RB spammers.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
You're missing the point. We are annoyed because when there is a PP the clock runs down slower, with more penalties the games are going to take ages to finish.

Old
09-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Thinking of moving all the NHL players across to their respective lockout teams, and doing a season in the Swiss, Czech and Finnish leagues

Old
09-28-2012, 01:01 PM
BruinsFTW

Quote:
Thinking of moving all the NHL players across to their respective lockout teams, and doing a season in the Swiss, Czech and Finnish leagues
Sad we'll have to resort to this to fill in the void of no NHL season right

Old
09-28-2012, 01:12 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
except the best way to score in this game is to just throw the puck on net from absolutely everywhere and wait for the goalies to let in a weak 1. If you are making hockey plays then you aren't playing optimally
The best part about this game are that the goalies give up rebounds on good shots and don't just soak up everything like the games before. What's wrong with cycling and getting it to the open man or banging in rebounds? What hockey plays are you trying to make that don't work in this game? Lastly, my goalies aren't letting in weak goals. Fact is, I don't even give up a lot of shots because I'm usually crushing the **** of the puck carrier at and just after the blue line. That's one of the other things I really love about this game. It's a hitter's hitting game. If you are good at lining people up, you love that about this game.

***Seriously though, what are you people talking about with "hockey plays" that don't work?
Please don't tell me:
-Cross-crease
-One touch deke
-Ever so sligtly moving your right stick, letting go and ripping it for a sure goal
-Shots from just inside the blue line near the boards that go right past the goalie

Those are not hockey plays.

Old
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
NICKD

So i'm about to start a Fantasy Draft option in NHL 13,

I had a question before I start, will the draft have all players from across different leagues available or is it just the NHL, AHL.

The reason why I'm asking is because there is some great players in the overseas league with great potential that i would like to potentially draft or have other teams draft.

Closed Thread