HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Czech Republic Roster (Released, post #1)

Old
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
joey16

vCash: 500
Vrbata screwed it up a little with his perfomance on WHC but I'm pretty sure Hadamczik will take him and I guess he should. Hemsky is 50/50

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 03:39 PM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecheq View Post
Nomination by Sport.cz - one of the Czech's internet sport webpages

Brankáři (Goaltenders)

Ondřej Pavelec (Winnipeg/NHL)
Alexander Salák (St. Petersburg/KHL)
Jakub Kovář (Yekaterinburg/KHL)

Obránci (Defensemen)
Marek Židlický (New Jersey/NHL)
Zbyněk Michálek (Phoenix/NHL)
Jan Hejda (Colorado/NHL)
Roman Polák (St. Louis/NHL)
Radko Gudas (Tampa Bay/NHL)
Michal Rozsíval (Chicago/NHL)
Ladislav Šmíd (Calgary/NHL)
Tomáš Kaberle (Kladno/Czech Extraliga)

Útočníci (Forwards)
Jaromír Jágr (New Jersey/NHL)
Tomáš Plekanec (Montreal/NHL)
Tomáš Hertl (San Jose/NHL)
Jakub Voráček (Philadelphia/NHL)
David Krejčí (Boston/NHL)
Patrik Eliáš (New Jersey/NHL)
Roman Červenka (St. Petersburg/KHL)
Jiří Hudler (Calgary/NHL)
Milan Michálek (Ottawa/NHL)
Michael Frolík (Winnipeg/NHL)
Martin Hanzal (Phoenix/NHL)
Vladimír Sobotka (St. Louis/NHL)
Martin Erat (Washington/NHL)
Jan Kovář (Magnitogorsk/KHL)
Well, add Vrbata and Hemsky (or Palat) instead of Erat and Cervenka and I'm pretty satisfied. I would also consider Andrej Sustr.

Old
12-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Vrbata screwed it up a little with his perfomance on WHC but I'm pretty sure Hadamczik will take him and I guess he should. Hemsky is 50/50
I'm pretty sure Hemský will be in second line with Krejčí. They played together in Pardubice last season and in WC 2012 under Hadamczik.

I think Vrbata will not make it. He doesn't know how to use him properly.

Eliáš will play C, Hanzal is then projected as 4th line centre (after Plekanec, Krejčí and Eliáš) and I believe two-way players like Erat or Frolík will have more value for Hadamczik than Vrbata.

I just hope he will take Sobotka.

Kesid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:38 PM
RSeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
Apart from goalies, I went with NHL players only, don't think there's enough quality in Europe to be honest. It's likely Hadamczik will take 2 or 3 European forwards and 1 or 2 defencemen though.

Voráček - Krejčí - Eliáš
Jágr - Plekanec - Hertl
Hudler - Hanzal - Michálek
Frolík - Sobotka - Erat
Hemský, Tlustý

Židlický - Michálek
Rozsíval - Šmíd
Hejda - Polák
Kindl, Gudas

Pavelec
Salák
Kovář
Those lines look good to be but switch which side the wingers are on. You have it opposite.

RSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Will the Czechs try to use Plekanec in a shutdown role with other wingers who are good defensively, or just keep him with Jagr and be as dangerous offensively as possible ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Will the Czechs try to use Plekanec in a shutdown role with other wingers who are good defensively, or just keep him with Jagr and be as dangerous offensively as possible ?
He will keep him with Jágr.

Old
12-11-2013, 01:28 PM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
I'm pretty sure Hemský will be in second line with Krejčí. They played together in Pardubice last season and in WC 2012 under Hadamczik.

I think Vrbata will not make it. He doesn't know how to use him properly.

Eliáš will play C, Hanzal is then projected as 4th line centre (after Plekanec, Krejčí and Eliáš) and I believe two-way players like Erat or Frolík will have more value for Hadamczik than Vrbata.

I just hope he will take Sobotka.
I gotta feeling out of all those interviews that he will give him another chance.
Sobotka must be there, there's no doubt.

Old
12-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
I gotta feeling out of all those interviews that he will give him another chance.
Sobotka must be there, there's no doubt.
Maybe you're right, but he changes his mind like a girl changes clothes so...

Old
12-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Rexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSeen View Post
Those lines look good to be but switch which side the wingers are on. You have it opposite.
In Europe we usually write down the lines from right to left, i.e. RW-C-LW.

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 09:58 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
In Europe we usually write down the lines from right to left, i.e. RW-C-LW.
Really? Then I was doing it wrong most of my life

Anyway. I'm not so sure about Sobotka. Lojza already didn't take him when he should and more than once.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 01:23 PM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post

Anyway. I'm not so sure about Sobotka. Lojza already didn't take him when he should and more than once.
I remember it was at WHC 2012 when he could have taken him but he took Erat instead. Then he wanted to take him last year on EHT but he got injured. Then when? I seriously can't remember but I also have a feeling that it really was more then once.
I'm little concerned too as he has never been in national team before and that could be a factor for Hadamczik.
But I tell you one thing.. I usually have sticked up for Hadamczik when he was criticized but if he doesn't take Sobotka, I'm done.

Last edited by joey16: 12-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old
12-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Rexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Yeah, I notice that even European posters in this thread are writing it from left to right. Maybe an NHL influence? The traditional Czech way is the right wing first, not sure about the rest of Europe.

Rexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 04:15 PM
zorz

Quote:
I remember it was at WHC 2012 when he could have taken him but he took Erat instead. Then he wanted to take him last year on EHT but he got injured. Then when? I seriously can't remember but I also have a feeling that it really was more then once.
I'm little concerned too as he has never been in national team before and that could be a factor for Hadamczik.
But I tell you one thing.. I usually have sticked up for Hadamczik when he was criticized but if he doesn't take Sobotka, I'm done.
I don't remember details either unfortunately.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 05:04 PM
iane
turtleneck

Based on everyone's play thus far this is what is like to see.

Hertl/Elias - Krejci - Voracek
Elias/Hertl - Plekanec - Jagr
Hudler - Hanzal - Vrbata
Frolik - Sobotka - Hemsky
Fleischmann, Michalek

Hejda - Michalek
Zidlicky - Polak
Klesla - Smid
Gudas, Rozsival

Pavelec
Neuvirth
Mrazek

I don't see us winning anything with that D and the incredible tandem of Pavelec (who's pretty much guaranteed to give up at least one softie a game) and Neuvirth. I like the forward group but that alone isn't taking us anywhere.

iane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2013, 05:24 PM
joey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by iane View Post
Based on everyone's play thus far this is what is like to see.

Hertl/Elias - Krejci - Voracek
Elias/Hertl - Plekanec - Jagr
Hudler - Hanzal - Vrbata
Frolik - Sobotka - Hemsky
Fleischmann, Michalek

Hejda - Michalek
Zidlicky - Polak
Klesla - Smid
Gudas, Rozsival

Pavelec
Neuvirth
Mrazek

I don't see us winning anything with that D and the incredible tandem of Pavelec (who's pretty much guaranteed to give up at least one softie a game) and Neuvirth. I like the forward group but that alone isn't taking us anywhere.
Klesla isn't even on the preliminary roster. Gudas should play bigger minutes, I've seen quite a lot Tampa games recently and he's been playing really well and has very high ice time. Posibble key D-man for us.
Pavelec hasn't been performing very well, that's true.. on the other hand, he has always played great for national team so we'll see if it lasts. Salak or Kovar should be good alternatives (don't see Neuvirth making it, Hadamczik won't take him, Mrazek could go as a third goalie).

Old
12-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
Klesla isn't even on the preliminary roster. Gudas should play bigger minutes, I've seen quite a lot Tampa games recently and he's been playing really well and has very high ice time. Posibble key D-man for us.
Pavelec hasn't been performing very well, that's true.. on the other hand, he has always played great for national team so we'll see if it lasts. Salak or Kovar should be good alternatives (don't see Neuvirth making it, Hadamczik won't take him, Mrazek could go as a third goalie).
Yeah, Neuvirth is not going just because he is not no. 1 in the Washington. In that case, I would take Kovář and Salák and let Mrázek play in the AHL.

Old
12-22-2013, 06:01 AM
tade

Eliáš - Krejčí - Voráček
Červenka - Plekanec - Jágr
Hertl - Hanzal - Vrbata
Frolík - Sobotka - Novotný
Hudler
Hemský / M. Michálek

Hejda - Z. Michálek
Židlický - Čáslava
Gudas - Šmíd
Polák
Kaberle / Rozsíval

Pavelec
Salák
Jakub Kovář / Mrázek

Last edited by tade: 12-22-2013 at 06:06 AM.
tade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 09:42 AM
DrunkElkCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post
Eliáš - Krejčí - Voráček
Červenka - Plekanec - Jágr
Hertl - Hanzal - Vrbata
Frolík - Sobotka - Novotný
Hudler
Hemský / M. Michálek

Hejda - Z. Michálek
Židlický - Čáslava
Gudas - Šmíd
Polák
Kaberle / Rozsíval

Pavelec
Salák
Jakub Kovář / Mrázek
Are you sure?

DrunkElkCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Mirinho

i'm 100% sure goalies will be

Pavelec/Salak ... each of them will get one match and it'll say who'll continue as 1st goalie

3rd Jakub Kovar

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:24 PM
tade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkElkCZ View Post
Are you sure?
Yes, I'm pretty sure about Červenka. He'll be there. He should do well along side Plekanec and Jágr, they have chemistry.

According to Hadamczik, I think all of us will be surprised with final roster because he will probably take more players from KHL than we think. Červenka, Čáslava are locks from KHL imo. Tough to say about Novotný but It is hard to imagine that Hadamczik will leave him. I'd rather see Červenka at the final roster instead of players like Hemský, M. Michálek or Erat.

When It comes to goalies, I think at this point It is pretty easy choice. I'm not sure why some people are trying to make a tough decision about it. Pavelec - Salak - Kovar. This is as easy as it comes. It is more interesting with defenders.

Old
12-22-2013, 01:29 PM
iane
turtleneck

Quote:
Yes, I'm pretty sure about Červenka. He'll be there. He should do well along side Plekanec and Jágr, they have chemistry.
According to Hadamczik, I think all of us will be surprised with final roster because he will probably take more players from KHL than we think. Červenka, Čáslava are locks from KHL imo. Tough to say about Novotný but It is hard to imagine that Hadamczik will leave him. I'd rather see Červenka at the final roster instead of players like Hemský, M. Michálek or Erat.
When It comes to goalies, I think at this point It is pretty easy choice. I'm not sure why some people are trying to make a tough decision about it. Pavelec - Salak - Kovar. This is as easy as it comes. It is more interesting with defenders.
A disaster in the making, Hemsky and Michalek at their worst are still better than those bolded, hell even Palat is better than all 3 bar maybe Cervenka.

I really don't see where Caslava fits in either, he's probably a #6 in the NHL, and that's a stretch. Our defense is bad as it is.

Dmen I'd take before him using the good ol' #1-6 system
Hejda #2 (playing like a #2 this year anyway)
Michalek #2
Zidlicky #4
Polak #4
Smid #4
Gudas #4
Klesla #4
Kindl #5
Rozsival #6
Sustr #6

We could use another PMD since Zidlicky is our only real puck mover, Sevc or Troncinsky perhaps? Or even freaking Kaberle (as reserves obviously).

Last edited by iane: 12-22-2013 at 01:51 PM.
iane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 01:40 PM
tade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iane View Post
A disaster in the making, Hemsky and Michalek at their worst are still better than those bolded, hell even Palat is better than all 3 bar maybe Cervenka.
I sort of agree with you but this is not an all-star team. Novotný is Hadamczik favourite player so I think he will take him to Sochi. If I have to choose player for 3rd or 4th line for shutdown and defensive stuff there is no way I want someone like Hemský or Michálek there. Novotný is hard-working, good defensive player who brings great veteran presence and leadership to the team. A lot more suited for 4th line than for example Hemský and Michálek. Also both of them are having really bad season.

Červenka is one of the best players in KHL, known for good chemistry with Jágr / Plekanec and is great on big ice.

Old
12-22-2013, 03:03 PM
joey16

I don't know.. I personally wouldn't taky many players from Europe. Jagr, Hudler, Krejci, Vrbata, Hertl, Hanzal, Plekanec, Voracek, Frolik, Sobotka, Hemsky, Michalek... tell me who from players of Europe is better than these 12 guys? I understand that not all those players can be in top6 and that some of them don't fit 4th line role.
On the other hand, I belive 3rd line should be as much similar (in terms of productivity) to first two lines as possible.... and 4th line of for example Sobotka, Frolik, Michalek sounds good to me.
But fair enough, some room for shutdown line can still be there, especially if injuries occurs (Hertl)... so maybe Novotný, Rolinek, Koukal.. Not big fan of Cervenka in this, for first 3 lines we have better players, and for 4th line he's not suited.
As for defenders, Caslava would be good for PK but apart from that I'm afraid he'd be pretty useless, he's still good for WHC but the Olympics is bigger level after all. I would consider just Nemec or Filip Novak (not sure about his injury) at most, maybe, just maybe, Kaberle.
Goalies should be clear - Pavelec, Salak, Kovar.

Old
12-23-2013, 05:58 AM
tade

Quote:
I don't know.. I personally wouldn't taky many players from Europe. Jagr, Hudler, Krejci, Vrbata, Hertl, Hanzal, Plekanec, Voracek, Frolik, Sobotka, Hemsky, Michalek... tell me who from players of Europe is better than these 12 guys? I understand that not all those players can be in top6 and that some of them don't fit 4th line role.
On the other hand, I belive 3rd line should be as much similar (in terms of productivity) to first two lines as possible.... and 4th line of for example Sobotka, Frolik, Michalek sounds good to me.
But fair enough, some room for shutdown line can still be there, especially if injuries occurs (Hertl)... so maybe Novotný, Rolinek, Koukal.. Not big fan of Cervenka in this, for first 3 lines we have better players, and for 4th line he's not suited.
As for defenders, Caslava would be good for PK but apart from that I'm afraid he'd be pretty useless, he's still good for WHC but the Olympics is bigger level after all. I would consider just Nemec or Filip Novak (not sure about his injury) at most, maybe, just maybe, Kaberle.
Goalies should be clear - Pavelec, Salak, Kovar.
I agree with you, I'm just trying to figure out what Hadamczik will do. He has good relations with KHL players. Yesterday he said in interview that he might take more players from KHL than we are expecting. I'm not fan of KHL players so I will rather see as many NHLers as possible. The only one thing I disagree with you is about Červenka. I think he deserves to be there.

Old
12-23-2013, 06:16 AM
CZechSenator
#15 Jan Marek R.I.P.

Quote:
Červenka is one of the best players in KHL, known for good chemistry with Jágr / Plekanec and is great on big ice.
Yes, he was also the worst Czech player in Vancouver and underwhelming in all WCs. Great

OK, Vancouver was on small ice, still though, when was he a leader on WC?

CZechSenator is offline   Reply With Quote