HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko (NHL) Discussion Thread (IV)

Old
02-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Honeycutt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
His father has given an interview about him on a Russian site.

He basically says that they talk after each game, and go over his performance and he feels that it is important he has that constant. There is still no formal diagnosis of his condition. He speaks of this as some kind of lesson for Volodya; the next time he has to see it coming, and after that he has to "feel" it coming as instinct.

"This is experience, you can not buy this in a shop, but learn out there on the ice. Everything comes with time, nobody has this immediately. I have not seen any young hockey player reach a high level in their career without stuggles, downs and all that. We have to learn to minimise injuries."

"We have to understand that St. Louis has the same team as last season. Vova is the only rookie. It is always difficult for the new player on a team, plus the fact there are no other Russians. Sergei Zubov helps as much as possible, but it is not the same as a teammate with whom he constantly communicates. Vladimir does not complain, everything has went well. The team has welcomed him; he expected it to be more difficult."

At the start of the season Vladimir scored in almost every game and has now cooled down. Is this also a matter of emotion?
"No. He was in St. Louis and trained with the team in the summer, also in North America for the draft combine. He was not surprised by things after these experiences. So we must say thanks to all the coaches and staff for helping Volodya adapt so quickly."

Also mentions Backes, as veteran and captain, helps him. He lives with Steen, and rooms with Shattenkirk on road trips etc etc.

Not in this interview, but in a Sibir press conference, he has said that Vladimir is feeing well.
Thanks for the update!

Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:15 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
JR tweeted, that Hitch said he is doing better, but isn't near ready to practice. Too vague of a statement for me, but hopefully we get him back soon.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
His father has given an interview about him on a Russian site.

He basically says that they talk after each game, and go over his performance and he feels that it is important he has that constant. There is still no formal diagnosis of his condition. He speaks of this as some kind of lesson for Volodya; the next time he has to see it coming, and after that he has to "feel" it coming as instinct.

"This is experience, you can not buy this in a shop, but learn out there on the ice. Everything comes with time, nobody has this immediately. I have not seen any young hockey player reach a high level in their career without stuggles, downs and all that. We have to learn to minimise injuries."

"We have to understand that St. Louis has the same team as last season. Vova is the only rookie. It is always difficult for the new player on a team, plus the fact there are no other Russians. Sergei Zubov helps as much as possible, but it is not the same as a teammate with whom he constantly communicates. Vladimir does not complain, everything has went well. The team has welcomed him; he expected it to be more difficult."

At the start of the season Vladimir scored in almost every game and has now cooled down. Is this also a matter of emotion?
"No. He was in St. Louis and trained with the team in the summer, also in North America for the draft combine. He was not surprised by things after these experiences. So we must say thanks to all the coaches and staff for helping Volodya adapt so quickly."

Also mentions Backes, as veteran and captain, helps him. He lives with Steen, and rooms with Shattenkirk on road trips etc etc.

Not in this interview, but in a Sibir press conference, he has said that Vladimir is feeing well.
Sounds like many of us have said, he's still somewhat adjusting to his new surrounding, teammates, etc. I don't like the conditions in which it happened but I'm glad he got a break for time to rest and relax.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Heaton
#hope

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
I'm sure it's here in this thread, but what are you guys expecting his upside to be point wise per season?

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:00 PM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I'm sure it's here in this thread, but what are you guys expecting his upside to be point wise per season?
A billion.

Ballpark.

rumrokh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 09:05 PM
OCTA8ON*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
In Hitch's system, I would say around 75 points per season once he gets more established and used to the North American game. On the other hand, if he were to be playing in the eastern conference, maybe we could adjust that close to 85.

OCTA8ON* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:16 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
A billion.

Ballpark.
Seconded, but I'd settle for a million.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:58 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
In Hitch's system, I would say around 75 points per season once he gets more established and used to the North American game. On the other hand, if he were to be playing in the eastern conference, maybe we could adjust that close to 85.
If he gets a good center and another solid winger for a partner, I'd put him around 80 even in Hitch's system.

My hope is that he'll be a 100 point player, something we haven't had in quite a long time, if I recall correctly.

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:04 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post

My hope is that he'll be a 100 point player, something we haven't had in quite a long time, if I recall correctly.
I think it was Brendan Shanahan in 93-94 season. 81 games 52+50.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:40 AM
od71

How's Vlad doing? Is there are any updates?
Is he practicing with team?

od71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:02 AM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
How's Vlad doing? Is there are any updates?
Is he practicing with team?
Conditioning just now, hope is apparently that he'll start skating this week. Highly unlikely that he'll play on this road trip.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:33 AM
GLM

pens fan here with a fantasy hockey question. tarasenko just got dropped and i need a RW. is he worth picking up or is he going to be on IR for a while yet? im thinking about picking him up.

thanks for any help.

go blues

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:39 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM View Post
pens fan here with a fantasy hockey question. tarasenko just got dropped and i need a RW. is he worth picking up or is he going to be on IR for a while yet? im thinking about picking him up.

thanks for any help.

go blues
No idea. He has a concussion. There's no ETA with concussions. His symptoms don't seem horrible or anything though. Still, you never know with concussions.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 06:52 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

I hope he is not too far away and he comes back good as gold. I need him for my fantasy team. And he is exciting to watch as well. Reminds me of a young MSL.

TheStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:01 PM
The Russian Tank

Not that this really matters, but if Tarasenko is out for the remainder of the season will he still be considered a rookie next year or has he played too many games? I hope he comes back this year, but you never know with concussions.

The Russian Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 02:52 PM
pain2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian Tank View Post
Not that this really matters, but if Tarasenko is out for the remainder of the season will he still be considered a rookie next year or has he played too many games? I hope he comes back this year, but you never know with concussions.
I believe you need to play 25 games in the NHL to lose rookie status, so I guess he would still be eligible if he didn't play again this year. Hopefully he loses rookie status ASAP!

pain2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:32 AM
salty justice

Any word on when he might return? How about Steen??

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Any word on when he might return? How about Steen??
Neither Steen or Tarasenko have travelled on the current road trip.

Tarasenko is conditioning, but the decision for him to resume skating is day-to-day at the moment, after that the question is contact. Could be Tuesday, could be 3 weeks... who knows.

Steen resumed skating in St. Louis yesterday. Shoulder injury, so contact could still be an issue... but hopefully he won't be out for any more than another week.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:18 AM
STL Blues Fan

vCash: 50
I hate injuries.

STL Blues Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Alklha

Rutherford saying that Tarasenko started skating again today.

Old
03-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by alklha View Post
rutherford saying that tarasenko started skating again today.
Great News!!!

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 09:18 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Yesssss!!!

Old
03-10-2013, 06:05 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Great News!!!
Indeed it is!

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Hope he recovers fast from here / has no headache setbacks, etc. The league needs guys like Vlad in every conference to be successful..

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:18 AM
GLM

great news for the blues. would you guys say he is a better play than ryan callahan once he does get back on the ice?

good luck thanks

GLM is offline   Reply With Quote