HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

[360 Connected][WESTERN Super League**OLD THREAD**

Old
10-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

vCash: 500
did anyone see any NJ players get waived? If so I'll be pissed...

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
After you told me waivers are fair game I claimed neuvirth and two others.

Again waivers need to be turned, this game is too broken
You asked a general question days ago whether you were allowed to claim a player on waivers, and the answer is yes. In the pages of this thread since then, there has been a unique set of circumstances involving miller and now neuverth that is the exception to the rule.

Inside McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:09 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
You asked a general question days ago whether you were allowed to claim a player on waivers, and the answer is yes. In the pages of this thread since then, there has been a unique set of circumstances involving miller and now neuverth that is the exception to the rule.
yeah at the time of that reply I claimed him.

i dont know, this is exactly what i was talking about, waivers are pointless in this game, it be easier to spot someone trying to hide salary and reprehend him accordingly rather than waiting weeks to return players to teams that shouldnt have lost players to begin with, that were claimed innocently from others.

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
yeah at the time of that reply I claimed him.

i dont know, this is exactly what i was talking about, waivers are pointless in this game, it be easier to spot someone trying to hide salary and reprehend him accordingly rather than waiting weeks to return players to teams that shouldnt have lost players to begin with, that were claimed innocently from others.
I'm not sure if your memory is poor or mine is but I recall that question some time ago, well before this miller and neuverth issue of the last few days. Regardless, this is an extraordinary situation.

The issue here is that a team purposely put a superstar goalie on waivers to disrupt the league which led to Washington claiming him and then losing their own goalie. I'm not sure turning waivers completely off is the solution to one exceptional situation.

The seperate issue of the cpu making roster moves and waiving players we have started to discuss, but at no time have those players been returned to their teams.

Old
10-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
did anyone see any NJ players get waived? If so I'll be pissed...
not sure why you wouldn't expect to have several players on waivers given your trades etc, but yes there were a bunch of your guys on there, nobody any good i don't think though

Old
10-10-2012, 02:01 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Guess I'm confused at what your stance is and the reason behind it? But I gotta be honest overall I don't care. feel like your response thought I am really adamant about about the subject, I'm not.

I just think common sense serves to turn off waivers to avoid major headaches, continuous explanations and impractical fixes given how broken ea's BEaGm is. instead of just turning waivers off and asking your other gm's not to hide salary and abuse waivers being off or face a boot from the league. Have a little faith in the gm's I mean we're doing the same with trusting their in game play; exploiters receive just as much trust and punishment of broken, as it should be.

Last edited by ThePsychicSaw: 10-10-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old
10-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Guess I'm confused at what your stance is and the reason behind it? But I gotta be honest overall I don't care feel like your response thought I am really adamant about about the subject, I'm not. I just think common sense serves to turn off waivers to avoid major headaches and continuous explanations and fixes given how broken ea's BEaGm is, instead of just turning them off and asking your other gm's not to hide salary and abuse waivers being off or face a boot from the league.
Okay what is confusing you? I feel I have responded to you and explained my view of the situation pretty clearly, maybe read through the thread again as we seem to be going in circles here.

I disagree that common sense is to change a general rule to deal with one exceptional circumstance, and then asking GMs to not hide salary and to not abuse having waivers being off. Think about how that would work. It seems like that would involve a lot more problematic issues involving continuous explanations, fixes, monitoring, and etc...seems like that is the opposite of common sense...and the opposite of what you want to avoid - major headaches.

anyway lets see if anybody else has something to say

Old
10-10-2012, 02:48 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Um haha correct me if I'm wrong but the only thing someone could abuse with waivers off is hide salary in the minors, which if done is an easy solution : kicking the gm for one that follows said rule.

With waivers on you run into these situations almost every sim, the cpu puts players on waivers that you didn't intent. Or through trades. The affected player is most of the time unaware, loses said player (super star or not) which innocently gets claimed by another which results in having to trade them back which takes a whole sim cycle and costs an asset (no matter how small) like a 7th rounder.

Guess I'm not following your logic. Just trying to help here, as every begmconnected I'm in has run into the same issues and it's best solved (less issues, questioning) by turning off waivers completely.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Lion

Can I take Tampa? GT: value village56, I'm from Edmonton.

Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Inside McKenzie

The problem is its not always a 6 million dollar player that is tucked away in the minors to hide salary. It's a slippery slope, when does it become a problem, and in who's judgement? Fine, the commissioners. But think about the controversy and arguments that will arise.

What if the canucks send down 2.5 mil for Manny Malhotra, who is a fine defensive player but not really worth that kind of money, but then bring him up late in the season when they have injuries. Is that worth booting somebody from the league for? Is that salary cap circumvention? Probably somebody would claim him from waivers as hes a solid player if you have cap room.

None of the 3 leagues, including this one, that i'm in have turned off waivers completely. One just switched to turning off waivers during the sim to avoid the cpu waiver issues, which is an idea I raised on here to consider and am open to.

You are ignoring perhaps the best choice which is open to being discussed right now. To be clear that is possibly the option to have the commish turn off waivers immediately prior to a sim, process the sim, then turn them back on.

Such a method would not prevent the ryan miller situation, but how many times is some little kid going to throw his best player on waivers an quit the league? i guess this is the internet but i doubt it'd happen that often lol

Old
10-10-2012, 03:17 PM
IButtersI

Quote:
The problem is its not always a 6 million dollar player that is tucked away in the minors to hide salary. It's a slippery slope, when does it become a problem, and in who's judgement? Fine, the commissioners. But think about the controversy and arguments that will arise.

What if the canucks send down 2.5 mil for Manny Malhotra, who is a fine defensive player but not really worth that kind of money, but then bring him up late in the season when they have injuries. Is that worth booting somebody from the league for? Is that salary cap circumvention? Probably somebody would claim him from waivers as hes a solid player if you have cap room.

None of the 3 leagues, including this one, that i'm in have turned off waivers completely. One just switched to turning off waivers during the sim to avoid the cpu waiver issues, which is an idea I raised on here to consider and am open to.

You are ignoring perhaps the best choice which is open to being discussed right now. To be clear that is possibly the option to have the commish turn off waivers immediately prior to a sim, process the sim, then turn them back on.

Such a method would not prevent the ryan miller situation, but how many times is some little kid going to throw his best player on waivers an quit the league? i guess this is the internet but i doubt it'd happen that often lol
Problem solved IMO

IButtersI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Can I take Tampa? GT: value village56, I'm from Edmonton.
I think JUMBOCanuck has somebody on our waiting list he is still waiting to hear back from regarding tampa or buffalo, but you can certainly have tampa if he doesn't take them. Otherwise would buffalo interest you as a 2nd choice?

Old
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Problem solved IMO
seems like a happy medium lol

Old
10-10-2012, 03:32 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Problem solved IMO
Sounds good to me

Old
10-10-2012, 03:43 PM
cleaner claude

I'd like to join if there's any openings, I am east coast but Im usually up late and free to play games til 2-3am almost every night.

I am very active and committed to any league I join

cleaner claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleaner claude View Post
I'd like to join if there's any openings, I am east coast but Im usually up late and free to play games til 2-3am almost every night.

I am very active and committed to any league I join
hey claude, i know youre active from the hf allstar league. at this time if our pending applications are successful we will be full. We can keep you in mind, however, this league is really for those based in the west. It sounds like time zone wouldn't be an issue for you, so it'd just be a potential lag issue. several of our GMs are in both leagues so we can see how the connections go in those games, maybe it could work out.

Old
10-10-2012, 04:21 PM
cleaner claude

Quote:
hey claude, i know youre active from the hf allstar league. at this time if our pending applications are successful we will be full. We can keep you in mind, however, this league is really for those based in the west. It sounds like time zone wouldn't be an issue for you, so it'd just be a potential lag issue. several of our GMs are in both leagues so we can see how the connections go in those games, maybe it could work out.

Okay, understood. I also know your Kings GM, Woke very well for a few years now in different EA leagues. Lag shouldnt be an issue I have optimum online, never really any connection issues.

cleaner claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 05:59 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

Quote:
seems like a happy medium lol
Definitely the way to go.

3rdEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Inside McKenzie

how are you guys finding participating so far in this league? It has seemed good so far,
but this sim period I still have BUFFALO, PHOENIX, WINNIPEG, TORONTO, DETROIT, and PITTSBURGH to play with the sim tomorow morning. Also a game against tampa bay that has to be replayed since he quit midway through...

are you guys going to be tonight?

Old
10-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Degenerate191

Can I play the CPU if Tamba doesn't have a GM by tonight?

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Degenerate191

Also, I like this league a lot, but this block I'm also having trouble getting games in, but its partially my fault.

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate191 View Post
Can I play the CPU if Tamba doesn't have a GM by tonight?
yeah, wait a few more hours, jumbo should be on in about 2 hours, we have guys lined up, if its still the computer in 4 hours from now, so 7pm pst / 10 ET go ahead and play the computer, at least that way less injuries for both you and the incoming GM hopefully

Old
10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Inside McKenzie

GT: InSoMnIaK604 Forum: Insom

is the new Buffalo GM, welcome to the league insom. He will join the league tommorow.

Karma will also join the league tommorow as GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning

Last edited by Inside McKenzie: 10-11-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old
10-12-2012, 08:07 AM
JUMBOcanuck

vCash: 460
Sorry guys, the sim will be a few hours late today, didn't quite have time to do it before I left for work this morning.

JUMBOcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2012, 01:01 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

STL is around if anyone needs to play. I think I have two games against Calgary, so it'd be nice to bang those out sometime.

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote