HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

[360 Connected][WESTERN Super League**OLD THREAD**

Old
11-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Inside McKenzie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I propose next season there is a time limit. This is ridiculos
How have other leagues gone for you?

This is the fastest playoffs I've seen so far in my 3 leagues

Inside McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Inside McKenzie

SCHEDULE HAS BEEN ADVANCED. Round 3 up.

we had set a 7 day limit for round 1 but gave an extra day as we replaced several playoff GMs. I was going to set a 5 day limit for round 2 but 3 of the series started right away. We finished on the 5th day anyway.

It does take some time for some people to matchup given their schedules, but I understand it is frustrating for those not involved to have to wait.

As a point of reference, one league im in is just starting the stanley cup finals today when the playoffs began on october 31st

the other league im in started after us and simmed after 7 days, so is on the same schedule so far

Old
11-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Inside McKenzie

Eastern Conference Finals

(1)

vs

(2)

Western Conference Finals

(1)

vs

(2)

Old
11-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Wombat Legion

The Minnesota vs Phoenix battle for the West will begin and end on Monday evening! Let's get it on, Yotes!

Wombat Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:15 AM
EggsBenedict
Cucumbersasquatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I propose next season there is a time limit. This is ridiculos
Planning a big trade any time soon?

EggsBenedict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:27 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Unfortunately I agree, there should be time limits, ice luckily had no issue. Original St Louis took some time to drop out but he was a good sport about it. I

Conference finals are both 1st and 2nd seeds? Has that ever happened in real life?

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 01:29 PM
JUMBOcanuck

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
Unfortunately I agree, there should be time limits, ice luckily had no issue. Original St Louis took some time to drop out but he was a good sport about it. I

Conference finals are both 1st and 2nd seeds? Has that ever happened in real life?
Ideally it would not have taken as long as it did, but this is still moving along a lot faster than the other league that I'm in.

JUMBOcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post

yeah i saw that too, pretty crazy!

WSH and NYR plan to play Monday night

Old
11-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Claytoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie View Post
yeah i saw that too, pretty crazy!

WSH and NYR plan to play Monday night
if your NYR my advice is don't pinch on him and don't let him get to the slot thats where he scored most his goals against me (Pittsburgh) most my goals where crashing the net oh ya play till the buzzer goes i think he scored about 3-4 goals with .9 seconds or less left in a period

Claytoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Pucker77

I already mentioned it on Xbox but I might as well list it here as well.

ALL OTTAWA PLAYERS ARE AVAILABLE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.

We are looking to rebuild. So we must recieve low paid young players, high picks, and/or prospects that either are or are close to being NHL Ready.

Please note, considering this is a rebuild it will cost A LOT if you think I am willing to deal Karlsson.

Players I am looking to deal ASAP Kristian Huselius, Chris Phillips, Sergei Gonchar, Marc Methot, Roman Hamrlik, Keith Ballard, Guillaume Latendresse, and Craig Anderson.

Pucker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Beats By CoRD
RIP Octopi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoon View Post
if your NYR my advice is don't pinch on him and don't let him get to the slot thats where he scored most his goals against me (Pittsburgh) most my goals where crashing the net oh ya play till the buzzer goes i think he scored about 3-4 goals with .9 seconds or less left in a period
Hey! No advice giving!! Lol.

Yeah I definitely go hard at the end of periods because guys tend to stop playing the last 10 secs or so. Great series tho man. I feel like i have no business being in the East Finals with my top line C Backstrom being out. I can't seem to win a FO to save my life.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Wombat Legion

We would like to congratulate Phoenix on a solid series and very deserving trip to the finals! Love the way this guy plays! I definitely could have grabbed another game or two, but at the end of the day he was the better player.

Game 1

Glendale Arizona was rocking from the opening faceoff and their home team did not disappoint with a quick opening backhand goal from Antone Vermette. Devin Setoguchi knotted it up with a top shelf wrister, but the Yotes kept the pressure high all game long. A pinching Michael Del Zotto evened the game again at 2 with a nice five hole goal, but a late tally by Phoenix sealed their game 1 victory 3-2.

Game 2

By far the most uneven game of the series. Minnesota didn't seem to have their legs under them with horrible turnovers throughout the game. The ice itself seemed tilted, resulting in some silky Coyote goals. The onslaught finally ended in another Phoenix win: 5-1.

Game 3

Back on home ice for the first time and facing a 2-0 series deficit, the Wild knew it was do or die. They gave a much more concerted effort and though the game remained scoreless into the third period, they dictated most of the play. They finally broke through on Mike Smith with a booming Jared Spurgeon clapper midway through the third, and doubled that lead the next shift with a Danny Heatler power move to the net. Minnesota held on for a 2-1 win and in turn won their first game of the series.

Game 4

Game 4 will be known to the players all summer as the one that got away. Mike Smith played absolutley lights out, but the Wild certainly had glorious chances throughout, including 3 posts, open net whiffs, and squandered break aways. They suffured a heart-breaking 1-0 defeat and fell into a 3-1 series hole.

Game 5

The Coyotes could taste blood and played like dogs all game for a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals. One of the main reasons for Minnesota's demise was the shutdown of their stars. The Phoenix D didn't give them an inch all game long, and that held true again in Game 5 as the Coyotes shut out the Wild 2-0 and punched their ticket to the Cup finals.

The Wild's top line of Zach Parise, Henrik Zetterberg, and Danny Heatley were held to a measley 4 points combined in the series, and they simply didn't receive any scoring support from the rest of the team. The early playoff injury to Defenseman Tom Gilbert didn't help the cause, but every team suffers injuries and is no excuse. As GM of the Wild I'm very proud of what this team was able to achieve this year. A 126 point season is nothing to scoff at, and a trip to the Western Conference Final is a nice achievement, but those things pale in comparison to our ultimate goal of winning the Stanley Cup. A thorough examination of our entire roster will be undertaken this offseason, and I promise our fans that more changes will be made so that we can ice an even greater team next year that can bring the Cup home where it belongs in Minnesota.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Beats By CoRD
RIP Octopi

Looks like the top seeded teams will meet in the Finals. Man I was really hoping somebody upset PHX. 60 wins in the season is crazy. But I have all the momentum in the world after sweeping the Rangers in the Eastern Finals. And no Ovechkin did NOT touch the Wales Trophy.

Going to be a helluva series. I hope I don't throw my controller through the TV if **** goes bad.

Good luck PsychicSaw.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Inside McKenzie

Schedule advanced

No set deadline yet for the finals as im pretty sure you guys will finish within 2-3 days at most but let me know if there is an issue.

Couple news items:

ACTIVITY CHECK & schedule notice

Please send me an hfboards PM or xbox live MSG (GT imcensored) to confirm you want to continue through the offseason and next year by Friday, November 30.

Once the finals are done Jumbo and I will schedule the offseason phases. We will move it pretty quickly but hopefully not rushed. If the finals get done in the next couple of days, I will advance the schedule and have a trade period until Fri/Sat or so.

Note that trades can be made after the stanley cup finals and before the draft is simmed, then cannot be made until after july 1. This means there probably will just be one sim in which trades can be offered and accepted, we will give 2-3 days for this and for final draft prep, then sim the draft and begin simming the 5 day re-signing period one day per real life day. So if you want to make some moves before the draft, you should probably start talking to other GMs now on hf PM or xbox live, as some of you have started already.

If anybody has suggestions on scheduling or other issues on how to handle the offseason please feel free to make them. It is helpful to receive such suggestions prior to things taking place than after lol

Remember you can set your draft priority lists now.

Last edited by Inside McKenzie: 11-27-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 02:48 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat Legion View Post

We would like to congratulate Phoenix on a solid series and very deserving trip to the finals! Love the way this guy plays! I definitely could have grabbed another game or two, but at the end of the day he was the better player.

Game 1

Glendale Arizona was rocking from the opening faceoff and their home team did not disappoint with a quick opening backhand goal from Antone Vermette. Devin Setoguchi knotted it up with a top shelf wrister, but the Yotes kept the pressure high all game long. A pinching Michael Del Zotto evened the game again at 2 with a nice five hole goal, but a late tally by Phoenix sealed their game 1 victory 3-2.

Game 2

By far the most uneven game of the series. Minnesota didn't seem to have their legs under them with horrible turnovers throughout the game. The ice itself seemed tilted, resulting in some silky Coyote goals. The onslaught finally ended in another Phoenix win: 5-1.

Game 3

Back on home ice for the first time and facing a 2-0 series deficit, the Wild knew it was do or die. They gave a much more concerted effort and though the game remained scoreless into the third period, they dictated most of the play. They finally broke through on Mike Smith with a booming Jared Spurgeon clapper midway through the third, and doubled that lead the next shift with a Danny Heatler power move to the net. Minnesota held on for a 2-1 win and in turn won their first game of the series.

Game 4

Game 4 will be known to the players all summer as the one that got away. Mike Smith played absolutley lights out, but the Wild certainly had glorious chances throughout, including 3 posts, open net whiffs, and squandered break aways. They suffured a heart-breaking 1-0 defeat and fell into a 3-1 series hole.

Game 5

The Coyotes could taste blood and played like dogs all game for a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals. One of the main reasons for Minnesota's demise was the shutdown of their stars. The Phoenix D didn't give them an inch all game long, and that held true again in Game 5 as the Coyotes shut out the Wild 2-0 and punched their ticket to the Cup finals.

The Wild's top line of Zach Parise, Henrik Zetterberg, and Danny Heatley were held to a measley 4 points combined in the series, and they simply didn't receive any scoring support from the rest of the team. The early playoff injury to Defenseman Tom Gilbert didn't help the cause, but every team suffers injuries and is no excuse. As GM of the Wild I'm very proud of what this team was able to achieve this year. A 126 point season is nothing to scoff at, and a trip to the Western Conference Final is a nice achievement, but those things pale in comparison to our ultimate goal of winning the Stanley Cup. A thorough examination of our entire roster will be undertaken this offseason, and I promise our fans that more changes will be made so that we can ice an even greater team next year that can bring the Cup home where it belongs in Minnesota.

On behalf of the entire Phoenix Coyotes organization, we would like to thank the Minnesota Wild on an amazing series. This one could have, and most likely should have, gone seven games, like LA. We've been looking forward to playing these guys in the playoffs all year, just like LA, and our team prevailed.

Amazing write up but I disagree on game 5 completely, Mike Smith (again) and much luck kept that game from opening up completely.

Series stars have been the same players all year and especially in the playoffs, Mikkel 'the sickle' boedker, vermillion, korpedo, Smith, and OEL.

Captain doan and Morris might be coming back for the finals,, and we couldn't be more excited to take on our favorite eastern team the Washington capitals. We are thankfully our favorite player, semin, is no longer there, as we would be forced to decimate him.

I expect a clean, respectful, hard fought and deserving final, but we've been treated with that more and more as we've gotten deeper in the big dance this year.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Beats By CoRD
RIP Octopi

Quote:

Since I can't watch the game-tape of the series, any advice on beating these seemingly unbeatable Yotes?

Old
11-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Columbus is shopping for a star player

Trading Block

Mika Zibanijad
Adam McQuaid
Mark Stone
Carolina 1st (14)
Los Angeles 1st (20s)
Ny Rangers 1st (27-28)
Phoenix 1st (29-30)
Columbus 2nd (32)
New Jersey 2nd (41?)
Jakob Silfverberg

As you can see shopping younger players.. my two top 4 picks are pretty much off limits unless we are talking about a superstar in their prime. Also not moving Brandon Dubinsky, Brad Marchand, Nick Foligno, Derrick Brassard, Brandon Gormley, Ryan Murray and Justin Faulk. Willing take salary have a ton of cap room.

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Inside McKenzie

Boston *might* consider moving Chara for a high end forward and a young defenseman with some potential that can play now or soon

Could be a winger or a centre

Old
11-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Wombat Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Since I can't watch the game-tape of the series, any advice on beating these seemingly unbeatable Yotes?
Well I won't divulge all his secrets, but I will say one thing: Don't get impatient! He is so good at puck control and maintains the puck in the offensive zone incredibly well. After cycling the puck around for a while I found myself getting impatient, resulting in my players running out of position and creating golden opportunites which he capitalized on. You'll learn other things as you go, but I wish I had done better in this area.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:52 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Well I won't divulge all his secrets, but I will say one thing: Don't get impatient! He is so good at puck control and maintains the puck in the offensive zone incredibly well. After cycling the puck around for a while I found myself getting impatient, resulting in my players running out of position and creating golden opportunites which he capitalized on. You'll learn other things as you go, but I wish I had done better in this area.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:00 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Hot off the Phoenix Press

Looks like the Captain will be seeing Stanley Cup time. "I'm feeling great, my speed is back, I'm ready to rock. So proud of the boys for getting the team this far, we want our names engraved in history," said Shane Doan after practice Tuesday morning.

"We are taking home that cup for our captain." Bold words from arguably the biggest catalyst in the coyotes' success this year, season and post season, Mikkel Boedker. "Morris is back, Doaner, will be back before this series is over. Our team just got stronger and with the captain back we are more focused than ever on the task ahead: Lord Stanley."

Old
11-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Wombat Legion

Phoenix I'm still pulling for you man. I just figured since Washington asked for a scouting report I would help him out, seeing as how a similar report on him had been given earlier this post season. I'm excited to hear how the finals go and I'm certainly envious I won't be partaking in the glory!

Old
11-28-2012, 01:14 AM
Wombat Legion

Minnesota is looking to make some big moves to further shape our team identity this offseason!

Of note, we are looking to move Ryan Suter! Before you get too excited, I will not be looking for a package of picks, prospects and role players. If a deal in the works goes down I'm just expecting to have a surplus of left handed Defenders and would like to swap Suter for a Right Handed Defender of similar ability.

Another player we are actively shopping is Pierre-Marc Bouchard. He is 82 overall and exceptionally quick, but with the arrival of Zetterberg we have a log jam at Center and would like to swap him for a winger.

Let me know if you have any proposals on these players or any others on my roster. I'm always up for offers and would like to be active this offseason. We're going big!

Old
11-28-2012, 01:58 AM
IButtersI

Joe Thornton is OTB

IButtersI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Beats By CoRD
RIP Octopi

PsychicSaw I'll be on this evening around 6pm MT. Hopefully we can get most of the games done. If it ends up looking like it might go to 7, I wouldn't mind playing 4 games tonight and the other 3 tomorrow. I tend to get frustrated/bored after 4-5 games in a row. Just how I am.