HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

All Star Contingency Plan?

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2005, 10:02 AM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
All Star Contingency Plan?

If the big boys finally straighten out the mess and we see NHL action, is there a contingency plan or back up player list for the All Star game? I ask because several players could be called up.

Old
01-28-2005, 10:19 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by larocks
If the big boys finally straighten out the mess and we see NHL action, is there a contingency plan or back up player list for the All Star game? I ask because several players could be called up.
First, let's just say that the chances are slim that the big boys are going to straighten this out in the next 2 weeks (All-Star game is 2/13 and 14). If this whole mess was going to be fixed, it would have a while ago. When this whole thing started, I said that this season was gone and probably the next. I'm still sticking to that with the added comment that it's possible that the NHL will fold and re-invent itself after next season is cancelled.

That being said, if, by some miracle, hell freezes over and an agreement is reached, it really wouldn't be all that difficult to replace the players who have been selected with alternate players.

Old
01-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Chartrand

As nice as it would be for them to iron out a deal in the coming weeks, it would really be ****ty for Manchester or anyone else hosting it.

Old
01-28-2005, 10:56 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHL MV
As nice as it would be for them to iron out a deal in the coming weeks, it would really be ****ty for Manchester or anyone else hosting it.
No offense here, but what is the difference? The game is already sold out and people have made plans to go to the game already.

Look at it this way, if there was an NHL season to begin with, the game would end up with the same players anyway!

I could be wrong, but there is probably only a handful of fans that would not have gone to the game if Jason Spezza types weren't going. The fact that the game is in Manchester (who leads the league in attendance), thus easy access for fans living in New England, has more to do with the game being sold out than the players involved.

Old
01-28-2005, 11:43 AM
NEOhioHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
The fact that the game is in Manchester (who leads the league in attendance), thus easy access for fans living in New England, has more to do with the game being sold out than the players involved.
I'll have to agree with that. I went to the game last year in GR and we didn't plan ahead or anything and got tickets late, but the game was not sold out and we were able to get 2 seats in the third row, really nice. I would say this year, location really helps I'm sure, plus a good local team.

Old
01-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com
No offense here, but what is the difference? The game is already sold out and people have made plans to go to the game already.
How many of those guys would be up in the NHL if it starts up? Instead of a solid collection of all-stars, the list would have to be thrown together at the last minute. It'd be sorta second rate, don't you think?

Closed Thread