HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part IV: Hey Marine! Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2012, 11:00 PM
  #601
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,694
vCash: 50
I've actually been inspired to play MW3 for the first time in forever. Thanks a lot boys.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:13 PM
  #602
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,800
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Dude I run MW3. On 10th prestige now, working on golding all my weapons. Have only done the KSG so far, working on the SPAS currently. Gonna go shotguns - snipers - LMGS - SMGs - ARs. And hopefully be done by the time BO2 comes out
Im on 13th. 1.86 kd. 2.07 TDM k/d. 2.09 FFA kd.

Add Nyrhockey094 I am on Ps3.

BOPs 1, 2nd account as a 3.69 K/D. 1st Account 1.99 K/D.

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:33 PM
  #603
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Haha, it was my choice and the best thing I've done so I'm not depressed over it or torn by the reality or anything like that

How much would the flight be?
well then good on you

Dunno, I usually take Amtrak because i get some discounts and my father/best friend liuve in NYC. But I shall be there! Plus, train riding is scenic and relaxing

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:48 PM
  #604
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
well then good on you

Dunno, I usually take Amtrak because i get some discounts and my father/best friend liuve in NYC. But I shall be there! Plus, train riding is scenic and relaxing
I would actually love to ride the train when I'm there. I like relaxing stuff like that.

Cresto is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 11:50 PM
  #605
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I would actually love to ride the train when I'm there. I like relaxing stuff like that.
Tell you what. make a pit stop in Buffalo and we'll ride the train together xD

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 02:51 AM
  #606
Realize
Registered User
 
Realize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Germany / Aachen
Country: Germany
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've actually been inspired to play MW3 for the first time in forever. Thanks a lot boys.
Oh.. modern warfare.. i was thinking about "Mechwarrior 3" at first

Realize is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 07:30 AM
  #607
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've actually been inspired to play MW3 for the first time in forever. Thanks a lot boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Dude I run MW3. On 10th prestige now, working on golding all my weapons. Have only done the KSG so far, working on the SPAS currently. Gonna go shotguns - snipers - LMGS - SMGs - ARs. And hopefully be done by the time BO2 comes out
Freaking sold it and bought BF3 (yes, I only like to own one FPS at a time lol). HUGE mistake. I like MW3 wayyyyy more. I'm waiting for B-Ops 2 to come out.

Stugots is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 07:42 AM
  #608
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,376
vCash: 500
Wow there's a girl in my class right now who looks exactly like Evgeni Malkin. How have I never noticed this before

Stugots is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 07:47 AM
  #609
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 500
Can't wait for Assassin's Creed III and Bioshock Infinite.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:29 AM
  #610
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,800
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Freaking sold it and bought BF3 (yes, I only like to own one FPS at a time lol). HUGE mistake. I like MW3 wayyyyy more. I'm waiting for B-Ops 2 to come out.
Im sorry.. Battlefield was such a bad multiplayer game. I only played it because I got it for free. Then traded it in.

Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 08:48 AM
  #611
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Im on 13th. 1.86 kd. 2.07 TDM k/d. 2.09 FFA kd.

Add Nyrhockey094 I am on Ps3.

BOPs 1, 2nd account as a 3.69 K/D. 1st Account 1.99 K/D.
Ah, tough luck, I'm on Xbox

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:01 AM
  #612
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Wow there's a girl in my class right now who looks exactly like Evgeni Malkin. How have I never noticed this before
Has she tried slew footing you yet?

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:33 AM
  #613
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,861
vCash: 50
Stopped playing mw3 early. I liked mw2 and blops way more. Really excited for blops2 though, as they're keeping the game modes from mw3 (the only part that interested me)
The maps in blops2 look really exciting. Anyone see the ship one yet?

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 09:37 AM
  #614
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,159
vCash: 500
I cannot stomach buying another call of duty. Its the same over and over again...same glitches...hacks..lag compensation...same cheap gun ... that is a smg and you can use it like a sniper rifle...

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:04 AM
  #615
EmpireStateofMind
Registered User
 
EmpireStateofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 500
My microeconomics class is so amusing. I'm now an expert on the supply and demand of weed and porn. I'm sure that'll come in handy at some point.

EmpireStateofMind is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:12 AM
  #616
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireStateofMind View Post
My microeconomics class is so amusing. I'm now an expert on the supply and demand of weed and porn. I'm sure that'll come in handy at some point.
Are you insinuating that this is useless information?

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:25 AM
  #617
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain
 
Ryan McDonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Im sorry.. Battlefield was such a bad multiplayer game. I only played it because I got it for free. Then traded it in.
battlefield 2 was so good, i spent a lot of time on that. bf3 had so much hype and i played the demo and i thought it was terrible. it was a letdown imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I cannot stomach buying another call of duty. Its the same over and over again...same glitches...hacks..lag compensation...same cheap gun ... that is a smg and you can use it like a sniper rifle...
ive been saying that since the first MW. everyone called me crazy. the only cod game i ever bought was MW2 and while it was fun, i dont need any other one because theyre all the same.

Ryan McDonut is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
  #618
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I cannot stomach buying another call of duty. Its the same over and over again...same glitches...hacks..lag compensation...same cheap gun ... that is a smg and you can use it like a sniper rifle...
You're definitely not wrong. I've only bought two CoD games (the most recent ones, BO and MW3). I mainly update these games because I want to stay current with the community. I know most CoD players will be on BO2 when it comes out, and I want to be there with them. There's also new maps, new guns, new games, killstreaks, etc...

So while the engine is generally the same, the game still feels different.

I find it similar to those who update the Halo games, or even the NHL games. There are slight tweaks that make the game different, but it's generally the same.

I can say I'm definitely not so excited for the futuristic setting of BO2, but I'll still be buying it.

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 11:51 AM
  #619
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 500
The Battlefield series (excluding Bad Company) were some of the best multiplayer games ever (The balance in 2142 was perfect). The real difference between previous BF series and BF3? The console application. Battlefield 3 fell far short of that mark because they tried to appeal to the CoD and Halo crowd instead of the PC folks who made the game so legendary in the first place. No in-game VOIP. 4-man squads. No commander. It's run-and-gun CoD with vehicles added into it.

I think CoD is fine for what it is -- i.e., a spray and pray XP fest -- but DICE screwed up by not drawing a line in the sand between the two games. Though I imagine EA had quite a bit to say in the matter since they've wanted a CoD competitor for ages.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 12:15 PM
  #620
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
You're definitely not wrong. I've only bought two CoD games (the most recent ones, BO and MW3). I mainly update these games because I want to stay current with the community. I know most CoD players will be on BO2 when it comes out, and I want to be there with them. There's also new maps, new guns, new games, killstreaks, etc...

So while the engine is generally the same, the game still feels different.

I find it similar to those who update the Halo games, or even the NHL games. There are slight tweaks that make the game different, but it's generally the same.

I can say I'm definitely not so excited for the futuristic setting of BO2, but I'll still be buying it.
Im more of a MOH/BF player but yeah. IMO NHL buying for me is more imprtant just because I love hockey and all my friends have it and play regularly. Its not COD itself that I don't like, it is the players that play it, the idiots who want to hack and cheat/glitch and ruin the game with cheap tactics and spawn camping, etc

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 12:45 PM
  #621
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Im more of a MOH/BF player but yeah. IMO NHL buying for me is more imprtant just because I love hockey and all my friends have it and play regularly. Its not COD itself that I don't like, it is the players that play it, the idiots who want to hack and cheat/glitch and ruin the game with cheap tactics and spawn camping, etc
On Xbox, I find myself not running into hackers that often. Maybe once in a blue moon I'll get unlucky enough to find myself in a game of Domination playing a party of 6 people and I'm put on a team with 5 random people. If the 6 know what they're doing they can win that game handily. But like I said, VERY rare, at least in my experience.

From my understanding, I think hacking and glitching are much more prevalent on PC.

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 01:27 PM
  #622
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Halo 2 & 3 online were the best games I've ever played. The ranking system Bungie implemented (Halo 2) was the first of its kind for Xbox live games. Reach really failed to live up to the standards. It's a fine game, but the lack of a ranking system, combined with the terribly balanced map design, which consequently led Bungie to select community made maps on forge world, which were also horrible, plus the armor abilities like sprint and armor lock allowed people to live in situations they shouldn't have which slowed down the fast game play Halo is based on. Add to that the removal of the BR and the addition of the single shot DMR, not to mention the highly loathed bloom, and you have a Halo game that goes against a lot of the core game play mechanics which made Halo the household name it used to be and the reason why MLG removed it from its pro circuit as the flag ship game. Now that the reins are in a different studio (343), we'll see if Reach was just an anomaly, or if Halo's time is up. I'm not as excited for Halo 4 as I was 3 based on the trailers and limited information I've read. Hopefully they right the ship on this one, as I feel a game as popular as Halo could really add to the experience one gets when playing live, since the inclusion of parties really killed the communication online. But that's another story haha.


Last edited by BlessThisMess513: 10-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.
BlessThisMess513 is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 02:33 PM
  #623
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 14,734
vCash: 500
Nice, Killing Kennedy came in the mail today

I'm sure a lot of you aren't fans of Bill O'Reilly, but if you're interested in history and can get your hands on a copy of Killing Lincoln, I'd definitely recommend it.

silverfish is offline  
Old
10-04-2012, 02:38 PM
  #624
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,694
vCash: 50
My phone is all set. Now I can post on the go.

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
10-04-2012, 02:40 PM
  #625
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
I can't wait for Medal of Honor: Warfighter

It looks like the perfect hybrid mix of Battlefield and Call of Duty.

For anyone interested, the open beta comes out tomorrow

Clowes Line is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.