HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT Thread Part IV: Hey Marine! Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Cresto
Much .500

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
81% acceptance rate (according to wikipedia at least)

You better have!

jeeeeeez, be nice BP.

Congrats dude! 81% or not, you are in my top 10%
I just realized I have NO IDEA who said they got into what university. Well, I'm not sure who this is to but I hope it's someone who is familiar with me. I'll find out when I submit this reply....

Oh hey, congrats Jayme, life is moving along just fine now. You know where to go, got your fitness tips, gaming buddies... what more could you want (aside from hockey)?

Old
10-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Cresto
Much .500

I'm going to start a pokemon game. I realized I've developed a massive temper and rage mode in the last few months and poker hasn't been as great as I need it to be. When you tilt or get pissed, a month's of good solid work and income can disappear in day, an hour.

So I'm taking a break and playing pokemon instead. I'll develop my patience and nurturing qualities by raising a healthy charmander to be a fierce charizard. Either way, that's my life update I suppose I just need to get it out somewhere because I just had a horrible night of -$3400

Old
10-06-2012, 03:25 AM
keith hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realize View Post
I already play pokemon - it's called "pet battles" and is included in world of warcraft's new addon MoP ..
I'm an old man, just got in watching al bundy talking about psycho dad and seeing my dog beat the snot out of my cat. That's some quality pet battles. Damn kelly is hot even like this. Don't know what the hell is going on I need hockey next thing you need is prohibition. 'm going to bed

Last edited by keith hernandez: 10-06-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old
10-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Problematique

Hi guys can anybody help an out of towner with a few queries about your fair city.

Visiting NY for a few weeks in December for the second time, and am keen to check out Letterman and a few other non-Ranger entertainment (Praying to every deity that the season resumes in time for December to catch as many games as I can).

Regarding Letterman, it seems the online ticket form application is for U.S residents only. Is there anyway to get around this? I'm more than willing to queue up on the day as I've been a big fan since I was a kid, but I was just wondering if anybody had had similar experiences.

I see The Killers are playing MSG too, but unfortunately my concert tracker didn't inform me.
Anybody know if tickets only recently sold out? (Were tickets really only $40? I'd expect to pay $150 here in Australia)
I see StubHubb is loaded with seats with limited view starting at $80- I'm guessing it's the initial scalpers bunch? What's the likelihood of prices coming down/announcement of a second show?

Can you guys recommend any cheap sporting events for a couple of Australian sporting enthusiasts? We're big fans of American football and I'm fascinated with the college football culture. Any games on around December that aren't not too far away from the city? Last game we checked out was the Juice in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Thankyou kindly and LGR

P.S. Does Louis C.K ever play the Comedy Cellar anymore?

Last edited by Problematique: 10-06-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old
10-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
congrats KU but I couldn't see my self going to a school in bumble-****. All of those good basketball/football schools (LSU, Kentucky, Kansas) are ridiculously easy to get into

Old
10-06-2012, 06:14 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith hernandez View Post
I'm an old man, just got in watching al bundy talking about psycho dad and seeing my dog beat the snot out of my cat. That's some quality pet battles. Damn kelly is hot even like this. Don't know what the hell is going on I need hockey next thing you need is prohibition. 'm going to bed
Christina Applegate is a beautiful woman.

Also I am revisiting the fair underwater city of Rapture. Lovely place if you remove the junkies.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Kreider
My name is Nils

vCash: 50
I used to make fun of bronies.

Gave the show a shot anyways.... Can't stop watching....

Old
10-06-2012, 07:37 AM
blue425

Why won't Warner Brothers release volume four of Animaniacs?!!!??!

Damn you WB!

Five years of comedic genius. Yes I watched that **** everyday at the tail end of high school and start of college.

Volumes 1-3 are sitting in my Amazon cart.

Oh. And if you have never watched Animaniacs I feel for you.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
congrats KU but I couldn't see my self going to a school in bumble-****. All of those good basketball/football schools (LSU, Kentucky, Kansas) are ridiculously easy to get into
Lol well they have one of the tip journalism schools in the country and I got in. 81% can kiss my ass, i applied to the most competitive major.

Also, its the only school I applied to in the "south". It's not even the south. 2 hours away from St Louis isnt exactly bumble**** lol

10-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
jeeeeeez, be nice BP.

Congrats dude! 81% or not, you are in my top 10%
I just realized I have NO IDEA who said they got into what university. Well, I'm not sure who this is to but I hope it's someone who is familiar with me. I'll find out when I submit this reply....

Oh hey, congrats Jayme, life is moving along just fine now. You know where to go, got your fitness tips, gaming buddies... what more could you want (aside from hockey)?
Thanks Cresty!

Old
10-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Christina Applegate is a beautiful woman.

Also I am revisiting the fair underwater city of Rapture. Lovely place if you remove the junkies.
One of the best video games I've ever played. Unbelievable.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:34 AM
blue425

Small clip about gluten (well all grain really) if anyone is interested.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/rock-center/49258353

I didn't get to see the entire five minute clip, just what I posted here. In all likeliness I'm sure they made the Primal/Paleo movement look like a fad.

Of course I believe what he is saying..

Come to your own conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
One of the best video games I've ever played. Unbelievable.
Any list of greatest games ever that doesn't have this in the top 10 is invalid.

Second one was good, but it didn't come close to the majesty of the first.

Awaiting Infinite.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425;5480small clip about gluten (well all grain really) if anyone is interested.

[url
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/rock-center/49258353[/url]

I didn't get to see the entire five minute clip, just what I posted here. In all likeliness I'm sure they made the Primal/Paleo movement look like a fad.

Of course I believe what he is saying..

Come to your own conclusions.

Any list of greatest games ever that doesn't have this in the top 10 is invalid.

Second one was good, but it didn't come close to the majesty of the first.

Awaiting Infinite.
I need to play the second one and I too am waiting for Infinite.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:15 AM
blue425

I was not aware of this:

At some point after my last Bioshock (360) play and this one they added a patch that allows you to TURN OFF the frames limit.

It effectively allows the game to run what appears to be 60 fps. It feel like a totally new game.

Old
10-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I was not aware of this:

At some point after my last Bioshock (360) play and this one they added a patch that allows you to TURN OFF the frames limit.

It effectively allows the game to run what appears to be 60 fps. It feel like a totally new game.
I think I know what you're talking about. I remember trying it and it gave a whole new feel to the game.

Old
10-06-2012, 12:57 PM
HookeyPlayer

Old
10-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreiders Underwear View Post
Lol well they have one of the tip journalism schools in the country and I got in. 81% can kiss my ass, i applied to the most competitive major.

Also, its the only school I applied to in the "south". It's not even the south. 2 hours away from St Louis isnt exactly bumble**** lol
ehhh I guess, the 2 schools that are farther away are Scranton in PA and UMASS is MA

Old
10-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Ih8theislanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Problematique View Post
Hi guys can anybody help an out of towner with a few queries about your fair city.

Visiting NY for a few weeks in December for the second time, and am keen to check out Letterman and a few other non-Ranger entertainment (Praying to every deity that the season resumes in time for December to catch as many games as I can).

Regarding Letterman, it seems the online ticket form application is for U.S residents only. Is there anyway to get around this? I'm more than willing to queue up on the day as I've been a big fan since I was a kid, but I was just wondering if anybody had had similar experiences.

I see The Killers are playing MSG too, but unfortunately my concert tracker didn't inform me.
Anybody know if tickets only recently sold out? (Were tickets really only $40? I'd expect to pay $150 here in Australia)
I see StubHubb is loaded with seats with limited view starting at $80- I'm guessing it's the initial scalpers bunch? What's the likelihood of prices coming down/announcement of a second show?

Can you guys recommend any cheap sporting events for a couple of Australian sporting enthusiasts? We're big fans of American football and I'm fascinated with the college football culture. Any games on around December that aren't not too far away from the city? Last game we checked out was the Juice in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Thankyou kindly and LGR

P.S. Does Louis C.K ever play the Comedy Cellar anymore?
Your post might get more traffic here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...930787&page=21

Anyway, not sure about Letterman, never tried attending. If you want two tickets together for The Killers, that'll run you over a $100 a pop right now on stubhub. It will most likely drop closer to the show. Prices will def come down if they have a second show. The two Jet games in December will be cheap. December 2nd vs the Cardinals will go for about $40 each after fees right now, and 12/23 vs the Chargers will cost you about $50 each after fees right now. If the team is out of it by than, tickets will drop even more. Knick games are expensive right now, but there are several cheap Net games in December, can see the Barclays Center which is brand new.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

I have FIFA 13 on PS3 and Xbox...

My god, I love this game

Old
10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookeyPlayer View Post
the****?

Old
10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
I was so excited for that to be a video game...

Old
10-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Cresto
Much .500

Who wants to come over for Turkey tomorrow
Canadian Thanksgiving
I usually cook something super duper for thanksgiving since I usually chill by myself on TG. The King crabs at my local seafood market are getting HUGE because it's king crab season I guess. $430 for the biggest one there.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Who wants to come over for Turkey tomorrow
Canadian Thanksgiving
I usually cook something super duper for thanksgiving since I usually chill by myself on TG. The King crabs at my local seafood market are getting HUGE because it's king crab season I guess. $430 for the biggest one there.
Meet you in toronto

Old
10-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I love hearing a great song for the first time. Something that you can't recreate.

10-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I love hearing a great song for the first time. Something that you can't recreate.
this doesnt have anything to do with your post but seeing as youre a paramore fan you can testify to this. why does hayley look bad like almost all the time now. like she used to be cute but its like she tries to look ugly very frustrating. for example:

Closed Thread