HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part IV: Hey Marine! Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Faster depends on the specifications of the laptop.

I'll give you simplicity of the interface though.

The trackpad: that decides it then.
The faster speed is more from the OSX. A better PC will make up the difference, but that takes away the lower price

And if I'm there for an hour, and can't use a mouse, I just can't use the one on most Dells etc.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:04 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Everyone in my family has moved on to Apple products. I'm still on a PC, and have a Blackberry (jokes on me with the BB, what a **** phone).

I don't have a phone upgrade until a year from now, but if Verizon has some nice Windows phones by then I'll probably go that route to keep it uniform with my PC and sync all my devices. Otherwise I'll probably go with whatever the newest Samsung phone is, because that phone is beautiful.

I don't think I'm ever going to go for the iPhone/Mac, but wouldn't have a problem switching if let's say I had to for work or something

I'm not loyal or a "fanboy" for Windows, but it's where I've been all my life and it's easy for me. I've been working on a $350 Toshiba laptop for almost a year now, and it's been nothing but perfect for what I need it to do.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:10 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
BTW for Krishna or ThatCrazyRangerFan, are we ever doing EASHL games anymore? There hasn't been a game since Thursday or Friday.
Yeah dude pm me whenever tmrw or any time except friday because i got exams. No one ever wants to play with me.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Except it's nowhere near as easy to just flip open, and do some work, or browse the internet
What is this I don't even.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
The faster speed is more from the OSX. A better PC will make up the difference, but that takes away the lower price

And if I'm there for an hour, and can't use a mouse, I just can't use the one on most Dells etc.
Linux isn't slow enough to make the PC significantly slower than a Mac.

I don't think Windows is that slow.

Old
09-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

Quote:
Faster, and imo, more user friendly.

Plus the apple trackpad >>>>>>> any other trackpad
user friendly is the go-to term for apple users. you can't compare anything to an apple product without hearing how the apple product is more user friendly. how is a pc too complicated for people?

Old
09-24-2012, 10:46 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan McDonut View Post
user friendly is the go-to term for apple users. you can't compare anything to an apple product without hearing how the apple product is more user friendly. how is a pc too complicated for people?
It's not

Old
09-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Lerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Thanks for that Bob, needed a 3 AM lawl

Old
09-25-2012, 05:15 AM
Lerb

Oh **** this **** that. Just get a cheaper laptop.
I'm a whiny little ***** when it comes down to these things and I've learned to get cheaper laptops and switch often instead of commit to an expensive one and reluctantly "get your money's worth" over 3 long years of using what will become a slow and unfascinating laptop that will only fade in value exponentially. Get a new laptop once every year and sell the old one to someone who doesn't quite know laptop well enough to discern the difference of $40 - $50 on a laptop which can resell at around 60-65% of its price if it's in good condition and on a year old and you will end up being able to get around 65% of the money back and you end up having 3 new laptops, 1 a year for the price of 1 laptop for 3 years and since we're talking apple products here, you get to have 3 laptops (not as great as a macbook pro aesthetically and non-computer related experience wise) but you save up to $1,000 and you get way better experience with your computer because of 1) it's a PC and 2) it's newer and faster and equip to handle more.

The amount in which one can make back from a 1 year old laptop varies anywhere from 40% to 65% depending on the laptop itself, its state, the salesmanship and of course, the buyer and how receptive they are to a lucrative pitch from your perspective.

Rant over. Don't commit to 1 expensive laptop that's doesn't even have better specs and flexibility. It's like buying 3 meals worth of sushi on one night instead of getting a meal of a different type of cuisine on 3 different nights.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Lerb

It's like that picture someone posted. User friendly? If you don't know how to use a PC, then maybe. if you do know how to use a PC which everyone should, then user friendly is only relative to the amount of stuff and the type of tasks a person uses the lappy for.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:18 AM
Lerb

And yes, Bipolar, I'm freaaaking 4 consecutive posting again. I am up at hours when no one is up and I check HF here and there so I usually end up responding to a bunch of stuff all at one.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:21 AM
blue425

My last computer was a $200 netbook.

It will be my next purchase also. Great little workhorse.

Old
09-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Lerb

And yoo..... KU, BP, TCRF, BR: If getting dinner at some fancy place is too weird or unapproachable, I wouldn't mind doing up this burrito place or any other place you guys have been talking about A burrito combo with a drink and side on Jason

Old
09-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
And yoo..... KU, BP, TCRF, BR: If getting dinner at some fancy place is too weird or unapproachable, I wouldn't mind doing up this burrito place or any other place you guys have been talking about A burrito combo with a drink and side on Jason
They don't have Chipotle in Canada?

I'm free all day on weekends, and starting 4:30 on weekdays

Old
09-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

I might get 4 in a row too, because I'm free for 75 minutes

I a,so recommend Shake Shack

Old
09-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Canada. Y u no have Chipotle!?

I'm down.

Old
09-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
I might get 4 in a row too, because I'm free for 75 minutes

Amazing.

Old
09-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

So much for my four in a row...

When are you in ny J?

Old
09-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
I'm sure some people still play Everquest
these games have their faithful.... uhhh.... what would you call people whos lives revolve around a video game?
Hey and some people still play DAoC. This was my first MMO, was really cool.
Man, was this a time!

Well, they made some bad things with wow (you're fully right) but there are some good things, too.
I have much fun despite not be able to go to big raids.
We'll see how this MMO ends (perhaps there will be finally a game which can win over world of warcraft )

So, I ordered a NYR neck warmer .. for next winter (SJS image below as there is no NYR one available:

Can't wait to get it (well, it's still warm here, so USPS has 2 months time to deliver it to Germany )

Old
09-25-2012, 09:25 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
I like any food. So as long as I get some noms

Old
09-25-2012, 09:39 AM
blue425

The only MMO I invested any time in was PSO when it was released for DC.

Only about 200 hours though.

Lot of fun.

Old
09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Every PC I've owned has crashed within a few months, even with the best virus protection. My new Macbook has lasted me about 6 months so far with no issues, so that's pretty much all I need to see to convert to Apple products.

Old
09-25-2012, 10:14 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by allerotrot View Post
Every PC I've owned has crashed within a few months, even with the best virus protection. My new Macbook has lasted me about 6 months so far with no issues, so that's pretty much all I need to see to convert to Apple products.
Why did it crash?

And also what annoys me is when people in general use the word PC. A Mac is a PC as well.

Old
09-25-2012, 11:33 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Well yeah at that point it's a matter of opinion based on how we like our movies delivered to us. If Prometheus was just a lone movie in itself I would have hated it also, but there's so much that will be explained in the future. Ridley Scott made sure a lot of the movie was left unexplained and "out there", including what David says to the Architect at the end that makes him flip out and kill everyone. My problems with the film were "why even hire Guy Pierce to play an old man with a terrible make-up job when hiring an actual old man would have sufficed." haha and again, the women running in a straight line..that got me. A lot of it had to do with character development which i can agree was done poorly, but was almost shielded by the fact that this was a new installment of Alien, which i agree was one of the best movies of all time and I'm not a huge sci-fi kinda guy.

A lot was supposed to be left unexplained which people a lot of people off but the next movie will be even more epic than ever. I loved the classic Ridley Scott cinematography and not using 100% CGI but staying true to animatronics and stuff like that is always a plus and i think a lot more movies are getting really good at merging the two beautifully. I think he does an excellent job of throwing us back into the mix and keeping us guessing all the way until the end of the film. We can at least agree that the development of the Alien was pretty cool? (from weapon, to human, to woman's womb, to Architect and then finally...boom). It was awesome, just wish there was more of the Alien and less idiotic biologist?
I will agree with you on one point:

The movie was absolutely gorgeous. Amazingly shot.

My main complaints from my last post can be summed up by one thing: The utter ****tyness of the script.

No amount of effects, no matter how amazing, can replace a well written, intelligent, and believable script. And actors can only work with what they have been given. Everyone in Prometheus was behind the eight ball from the start.

At least I can always watch Alien/Aliens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
This tells you all you need to know about buying a Mac vs. a PC:

http://www.randompics.net/?p=8006

And I posted it before, but I'll post it again.

This works with Android vs. Apple too.

Quote:
Shake Shack sells a good burger but it's incredibly over rated, especially considering the wait time and how many comparable/better burgers you can get without waiting 45 minutes.

666 Burger ***** all over Shake Shack and would murder Shake Shacks children. If burger stands could have children.

They also get their meat from a sustainable farm in upstate NY.

Old
09-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Killem Dafoe
Look at this graph.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I will agree with you on one point:

The movie was absolutely gorgeous. Amazingly shot.

My main complaints from my last post can be summed up by one thing: The utter ****tyness of the script.

No amount of effects, no matter how amazing, can replace a well written, intelligent, and believable script. And actors can only work with what they have been given. Everyone in Prometheus was behind the eight ball from the start.

At least I can always watch Alien/Aliens.
True, but at least agree with me that the Alien at the end was badass. haha I feel like Carl from Family Guy.."Please agree with me that it was AWESOME!" but yeah the the movie was beautiful and you can't expect anything less than that from Ridley. You know, a lot of the unexplained themes were just Mr. Scott trying keep us guessing, there was a lot of hidden **** like the Christmas theme throughout, and the Cross necklace, how the Engineers created us and humanities faith in God as a result. Also, they were trying to destroy us because Jesus was an engineer and we crucified him, bla bla so basically we're a violent race and they needed to destroy us and start over. I think he was trying to put more of the "history of man" into the movie instead of the "history of Alien" I don't know, Im certainly not arguing with you, I see every point you made, and i agree there was a lot of **** left unexplained, but there are little things which really popped out at me.

Closed Thread