HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #15 - Lifelong fans...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2012, 04:00 PM
  #301
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Nope, that was the groundskeepers problem. I was hanging out with one of the scouts in front of the Red Bull bench during halftime
Damn, I was looking for you and shouting your name randomly while watching lol

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:01 PM
  #302
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,446
vCash: 500
All I know is after waving to me, JPP ignored me.

Needs to be nicer to non-paying customers!

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:06 PM
  #303
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Damn, I was looking for you and shouting your name randomly while watching lol
I was on the field the whole time. I didn't you though. I picked up the balls when the half was about to start


Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
All I know is after waving to me, JPP ignored me.

Needs to be nicer to non-paying customers!
I got moved to the away side of the field. If you want to complain I'll give you my boss's number

DatBoyJPP is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
  #304
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
I was on the field the whole time. I didn't you though. I picked up the balls when the half was about to start



i'm not surprised. It was probably a super slurred alteration of Patrick lol

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:38 PM
  #305
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
The way the sound is set up in RBA you can't hear anything on the field except the PA

DatBoyJPP is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:41 PM
  #306
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
The way the sound is set up in RBA you can't hear anything on the field except the PA
Seriously? How is that possible? The Roof traps everything and seemingly directs it all TO the field it seems.

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
  #307
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
Most sporting venues are like that. It's just tough for someone to say something and have it not get blocked out unless you are in the first row. Too much noise pollution inbetween

DatBoyJPP is online now  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:44 PM
  #308
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Most sporting venues are like that. It's just tough for someone to say something and have it not get blocked out unless you are in the first row. Too much noise pollution inbetween
I was in row 5 so, your point makes sense.

JerseyGuy276 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
  #309
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post


I`d so kick him in the nuts. If he has some, of course.
Stoke has the refs in their pockets

GM17* is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
  #310
Ilkka Pikachu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,336
vCash: 500


no patty no

Ilkka Pikachu is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
  #311
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Allan Walsh @walsha 6m
Elias and Havlat are devoted "football" fans but sent me the photo with the note, "we'd rather be playing hockey."

"football"

as if that weren't the actual name of the sport

GM17* is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 02:05 PM
  #312
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,446
vCash: 500
Newcastle gives up £4M a yr in naming rights over 4yrs.

i cant enough and it is essentially the Money Mutual of England.

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:16 PM
  #313
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.
 
PacManNJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post


I`d so kick him in the nuts. If he has some, of course.
He has several children. Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Then people wonder why he doesnt get calls inside the box
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Stoke has the refs in their pockets
See: Antonio Valencia.

PacManNJD is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:18 PM
  #314
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.
 
PacManNJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Newcastle gives up £4M a yr in naming rights over 4yrs.

i cant enough and it is essentially the Money Mutual of England.
Aren't they the guys who sponsor Blackpool and Hearts?

I'm sorry, but .

Newcastle is by no means a small club. They could do so much better in terms of naming rights deals.

EDIT: ****. Wow, this really seems to have sparked some outrage.


Last edited by PacManNJD: 10-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.
PacManNJD is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:21 PM
  #315
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacManNJD View Post
He has several children. Derp.
Just want to make sure you know that gif is of Luis Suarez, not Raheem Sterling.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:22 PM
  #316
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.
 
PacManNJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Just want to make sure you know that gif is of Luis Suarez, not Raheem Sterling.
I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

Everybody be picking on the 'Pool.

PacManNJD is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
  #317
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,578
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacManNJD View Post
He has several children. Derp.





See: Antonio Valencia.
Still wont let it go even though Gerrard said it was a Pen and Valencia got hurt on the play .

Devils Trap is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:46 PM
  #318
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.
 
PacManNJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Still wont let it go even though Gerrard said it was a Pen and Valencia got hurt on the play .
Coming from a guy poking fun at a non-call. (On a player who was screwed out of blatant penalty against Man United, no less, but I digress.)

PacManNJD is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 09:45 PM
  #319
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacManNJD View Post
Aren't they the guys who sponsor Blackpool and Hearts?

I'm sorry, but .

Newcastle is by no means a small club. They could do so much better in terms of naming rights deals.

EDIT: ****. Wow, this really seems to have sparked some outrage.
The money makes no sense. This is a null deal with a company that has a TERRIBLE reputation (though it is very profitable).

They even renamed it St. James' Park which makes even LESS sense for the club. The entire reason for branding it Sports Direct Arena was an attempt to bring in naming rights money.

So they go from £10M down to £6M (someone said £8M) with a 1-time payment of £1.5M for the academy and totally ruin potential future naming rights in the process.

Just following the numbers makes me fail to see how this deal is supposed to make sense financially. There are plenty of fans that dont want to buy the kit with this sponsor on the front. Id imagine a fair amount wont follow through but Newcastle fans are passionate as hell and they could make this a bad decision for Ashley.

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 10:22 PM
  #320
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,919
vCash: 50
I see very little embellishment from the Red Bulls squad and that ha to be one of my favorite things about them.

Only black mark was Rafa's dive in the playoffs last year.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 10:42 PM
  #321
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.
 
PacManNJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
The money makes no sense. This is a null deal with a company that has a TERRIBLE reputation (though it is very profitable).

They even renamed it St. James' Park which makes even LESS sense for the club. The entire reason for branding it Sports Direct Arena was an attempt to bring in naming rights money.

So they go from £10M down to £6M (someone said £8M) with a 1-time payment of £1.5M for the academy and totally ruin potential future naming rights in the process.

Just following the numbers makes me fail to see how this deal is supposed to make sense financially. There are plenty of fans that dont want to buy the kit with this sponsor on the front. Id imagine a fair amount wont follow through but Newcastle fans are passionate as hell and they could make this a bad decision for Ashley.
I have a sneaking suspicious this deal won't go to term.

The more I read about it, the worse and worse it gets.

Horrible decision by the Magpie brass.

PacManNJD is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 07:17 AM
  #322
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacManNJD View Post
Coming from a guy poking fun at a non-call. (On a player who was screwed out of blatant penalty against Man United, no less, but I digress.)


I'd like to know the number of people posting in this thread who consider this a missed call

GM17* is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 01:40 AM
  #323
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,754
vCash: 500
There are now only 2 VPs and a small handful of scouts left in the front office left from when I started in January

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...icle-1.1181170

DatBoyJPP is online now  
Old
10-12-2012, 05:07 AM
  #324
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,446
vCash: 500
When you play the Game of Executive Titles, you either win or die.

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
10-12-2012, 05:07 AM
  #325
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,446
vCash: 500
oh, USMNT visit Antigua and Barbuda tonight.

Must get a big victory

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.