HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #15 - Lifelong fans...

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2012, 08:29 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
If we're supposed to have really bad rain on Wednesday, the Red Bulls will have a home match just to screw with me. If its not going to be bad, or is going to end early enough, odds are this weekend's matches will end up in a way where the Red Bulls are on the road, or not playing on Wednesday. Calling it now.
We're supposed to have a hurricane the day before and still be effected by it on wednesday lmao

Old
10-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
We're supposed to have a hurricane the day before and still be effected by it on wednesday lmao
4 seed it is then.

Wasn't sure if they were saying only AM showers on Wednesday, or if it would be going through the evening. The latter would cement the 4 seed as our destiny.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:13 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
4 seed it is then.

Wasn't sure if they were saying only AM showers on Wednesday, or if it would be going through the evening. The latter would cement the 4 seed as our destiny.
No, like, the storm is supposed to swing northeast after it makes landfall and move at approximately 2 miles an hour lol lmao.

Also, can either of you tell me what the official capacity of RBA is?

Old
10-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Scott04

Quote:
No, like, the storm is supposed to swing northeast after it makes landfall and move at approximately 2 miles an hour lol lmao.

Also, can either of you tell me what the official capacity of RBA is?
No, I know the storm is going to be around for a few days. I've been hearing rain as early as Sunday afternoon/evening, definitely continuing through Tuesday. I saw one weather report talking about it tapering off early Wednesday. That's what I'm talking about. If that stretches on, I only assume it will be to make a home match miserable.

Don't recall the exact number off the top of my head, but its a shade over 25,000. Probably something between 25,100 and 25,400 if I had to guess.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:36 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
No, I know the storm is going to be around for a few days. I've been hearing rain as early as Sunday afternoon/evening, definitely continuing through Tuesday. I saw one weather report talking about it tapering off early Wednesday. That's what I'm talking about. If that stretches on, I only assume it will be to make a home match miserable.

Don't recall the exact number off the top of my head, but its a shade over 25,000. Probably something between 25,100 and 25,400 if I had to guess.
Well, its wiki says 25,185 and everything else, including the RBA website says 25,000. They've called everything over 25,000 a sellout, but they shouldn't be giving numbers over 25,000 if thats what it is because Standing-Room Only tickets aren't allowed to be sold in NJ.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Well, its wiki says 25,185 and everything else, including the RBA website says 25,000. They've called everything over 25,000 a sellout, but they shouldn't be giving numbers over 25,000 if thats what it is because Standing-Room Only tickets aren't allowed to be sold in NJ.
It's more than 25,000. When they print it as such, its generalizing for convenience. 25,185 sounds about right. I wanted to say it was like 25,183 or something like that. Not a nice even number ending in a 0 or 5. There are no standing room only areas in the building and nothing is sold as such. In reality, with that capacity, anything over 25,000 is essentially a sell out, so there really is no difference. Those remaining ~200 tickets could be from employee ticket pools. If that's all thats unsold... whats the difference? Especially when just about every other sports team on the continent reports those as sold on a daily basis anyway. The only question comes into how legitimate is the 25k+ that they claim for any particular game. I think they've been better with when they claim sellout, because the crowds were so bad earlier this season that no one will believe them if they claim it when its obviously not.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
It's more than 25,000. When they print it as such, its generalizing for convenience. 25,185 sounds about right. I wanted to say it was like 25,183 or something like that. Not a nice even number ending in a 0 or 5. There are no standing room only areas in the building and nothing is sold as such. In reality, with that capacity, anything over 25,000 is essentially a sell out, so there really is no difference. Those remaining ~200 tickets could be from employee ticket pools. If that's all thats unsold... whats the difference? Especially when just about every other sports team on the continent reports those as sold on a daily basis anyway. The only question comes into how legitimate is the 25k+ that they claim for any particular game. I think they've been better with when they claim sellout, because the crowds were so bad earlier this season that no one will believe them if they claim it when its obviously not.
I thought they announced the SKC game as 25,200? I'm simply curious, because there doesn't seem to be an official number anywhere.

The games that they've called sellouts have been much more legitimate, then last years, that's for certain.

Old
10-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Scott04

Quote:
I thought they announced the SKC game as 25,200? I'm simply curious, because there doesn't seem to be an official number anywhere.

The games that they've called sellouts have been much more legitimate, then last years, that's for certain.
There's a discrepancy because the actual seating has changed periodically from the day the building opened until now. In 2 of the corners (on the west side of the field if I remember correctly - the side with the benchers) upstairs, there are 2 sections blocked off with giant Red Bulls banners. Those were seats built into the arena that they legally can not use. Something that doesn't quite fit some sort of safety or building requirements. Not that they weren't structurally built correctly. They were. But something with some kind of building codes or fire codes that they are not authorized to use/sell them. That's probably one area where numbers may be off. I do not know if those were ever factored into the capacity. If they were, it was likely only when the building first opened. That could be a source of someone's number for capacity being way off. Another is the addition of the managers seats just above/behind the benches. If I remember correctly, that's an additional 32 seats that did not exist last year. Also on the east side of the field, there were about 80 seats set up just behind the LED boards. Those were not really around last year (first made their appearance at the MLS All-Star game, and were very rarely used last year after that point up until this year). Those are the areas I know of in particular where seating has been altered in the last season. But I wouldn't be surprised if things were reconfigured with some of the suites/clubs as well to increase capacity. I know some things have been shifted around on one of the suite levels where TV or radio (or maybe both?) used to be on that level and now are elsewhere. So that could also impact it a bit.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:31 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
There's a discrepancy because the actual seating has changed periodically from the day the building opened until now. In 2 of the corners (on the west side of the field if I remember correctly - the side with the benchers) upstairs, there are 2 sections blocked off with giant Red Bulls banners. Those were seats built into the arena that they legally can not use. Something that doesn't quite fit some sort of safety or building requirements. Not that they weren't structurally built correctly. They were. But something with some kind of building codes or fire codes that they are not authorized to use/sell them. That's probably one area where numbers may be off. I do not know if those were ever factored into the capacity. If they were, it was likely only when the building first opened. That could be a source of someone's number for capacity being way off. Another is the addition of the managers seats just above/behind the benches. If I remember correctly, that's an additional 32 seats that did not exist last year. Also on the east side of the field, there were about 80 seats set up just behind the LED boards. Those were not really around last year (first made their appearance at the MLS All-Star game, and were very rarely used last year after that point up until this year). Those are the areas I know of in particular where seating has been altered in the last season. But I wouldn't be surprised if things were reconfigured with some of the suites/clubs as well to increase capacity. I know some things have been shifted around on one of the suite levels where TV or radio (or maybe both?) used to be on that level and now are elsewhere. So that could also impact it a bit.
So those big RBA signs in the corners WERE supposed to be seats. I always wondered what the purpose of those were...just figured it was if they wanted to add another hundred seats or so...edit or are there actually seats under there?

Old
10-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Cazorla has an open net from inside the box, and shoots it five feet over the bar.

Now QPR has a player sent off for kicking Vermaelen in the knee. Arsenal may win this yet, despite looking like they have no interest in winning.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
And there's the goal from Arteta. Took several tries, but I'll take it.

Old
10-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Devilsfanatic0421
"You're next"

No wonder our away form is so ****.

2 leads in the final 10 minutes and only get a draw.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Today's Starting XI vs. the Philadelphia Union: Robles, Lade, Holgersson, Marquez, Pearce, McCarty, Tainio, Cahill, Lindpere, Cooper, Henry

Subs: Gaudette, Digao, Keel, Ruthven, Miller, Solli, Le Toux

no excuse to lose or draw

Old
10-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Scott04

Quote:
So those big RBA signs in the corners WERE supposed to be seats. I always wondered what the purpose of those were...just figured it was if they wanted to add another hundred seats or so...edit or are there actually seats under there?
They've been covered up for at least the last 2 years, but I'm about 90% positive there are seats under there. They were uncovered when I first started, but have been covered for a long time. Pretty confident there are seats under there but that they are not allowed to use them. Not sure if its something than can/are trying to correct so that they are up to whatever code to use them, or if its something that they really can't do anything about and are just stuck with. But it was intended as a seating area and can not legally be used. That much I'm sure of.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Get this hurricane **** off the tv.

Old
10-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Get this hurricane **** off the tv.
Exactly what I was thinking. I personally don't give a damn about the storm, the coverage, the hype, etc. At least not now. Maybe after the weekend. But when it gets in the way of my watching soccer, well now this **** is getting annoying.

Old
10-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Scott04

Ok, really, now they're interrupting the game to tell me the governor of Connecticut wants to talk about the storm that is still a day or more away? Come on, man...

Old
10-27-2012, 01:07 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Cooper in a PK makes it 1-0 Bulls

Old
10-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

****in missed a goal due to this

Old
10-27-2012, 01:22 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Are you ****ing kidding? WHO THE **** CARES ABOUT CONNECTICUT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old
10-27-2012, 01:28 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Henry makes it Dos-Nil

Old
10-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Scott04

Oh look the game is on my TV. Everyone watch the next 5 minutes before the half while you can. If they do another update on storm coverage at half time, I wouldn't count on seeing the beginning of the 2nd half.

Old
10-27-2012, 02:15 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

That should ensure the Red Bulls get a bye.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Awesome way to end the season.

Old
10-28-2012, 07:10 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig day of football

Merseyside derby with Liverpool hosting Everton
Newcastle gets a visit from the Baggies of West Bromwich Albion
Tottenham plays someone
and the biggest game of the day has Manchester United visiting Chelsea.

Closed Thread