HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #15 - Lifelong fans...

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2012, 10:11 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

vCash: 500
Who said brokers bought a lot? The one good thing Heck did was kick the brokers out

Old
11-04-2012, 10:18 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
Shelvey blows
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post
I do not understand how he missed the first chance.
He's 19 years old. He lacks composure and experience.

It's tough for the likes of Sterling, Shelvey, Wisdom, and Suso to be perfect when they're merely teenagers.

Sterling and Shelvey, especially, show that they have all the talent in the world when working in the middle third, but when they **** up when it comes time to finish, it's that lack of composure that's to be expected when you put kids in a match in the world's most pretigious football league.

How else are they supposed to learn?

With that being said, I thought Liverpool were absolutely class today. Again, the inability to finish bit them in the ass and cost them the victory. They absolutely destroyed Newcastle's abysmal defense in the middle of the pitch, but when it came time to finish and capitalize on the wonderful creativity they exhibited, it was the same story that's been told these first three months of the season.

January can't come soon enough. Until then, LFC need to keep soldiering on and pick up whatever points they can by any mean's possible. I will happily take a draw against Chelsea next Sunday.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:21 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Since when did 19 year olds lack composure?

Old
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacManNJD View Post

It's tough for the likes of Sterling, Shelvey, Wisdom, and Suso to be perfect when they're merely teenagers.

Sterling and Shelvey, especially, show that they have all the talent in the world when working in the middle third, but when they **** up when it comes time to finish, it's that lack of composure that's to be expected when you put kids in a match in the world's most pretigious football league.

With that being said, I thought Liverpool were absolutely class today. Again, the inability to finish bit them in the ass and cost them the victory. They absolutely destroyed Newcastle's abysmal defense in the middle of the pitch, but when it came time to finish and capitalize on the wonderful creativity they exhibited, it was the same story that's been told these first three months of the season.

January can't come soon enough. Until then, LFC need to keep soldiering on and pick up whatever points they can by any mean's possible. I will happily take a draw against Chelsea next Sunday.
As would I.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:23 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Since when did 19 year olds lack composure?

lol fail

Sorry, I didn't know every 19-year-old professional footballer has profuse first team experience with a prestigious football club.

EDIT: LOL. Nevermind. I thought the video link was going to refute my claim.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:25 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I forgot the YT rules on this board since I retired on here because the mods became a joke. I'm done here once the playoff run ends

Old
11-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Who said brokers bought a lot? The one good thing Heck did was kick the brokers out
Look at the strips that are available on SH. Some have to be brokers.

There are less now than when I originally posted. Hopefully that means people are buying them.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:

I lol'd. It's like you haven't seen Shelvey play.

He's so **** that Liverpool fans around here say Mary Shelvey wrote Frankenstein.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:42 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Look at the strips that are available on SH. Some have to be brokers.

There are less now than when I originally posted. Hopefully that means people are buying them.
There are still some brokers hanging around from last year but there are no new ones this year. The brokers also need to be x miles from Harrison. He kicked out all the brokers from Texas. Barring terrible weather I expect 20k in the building

Old
11-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

that sounds about right

Old
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Just checked, the brokers are asking for less than face in most sections. Interesting but hey they should sell then.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
I lol'd. It's like you haven't seen Shelvey play.

He's so **** that Liverpool fans around here say Mary Shelvey wrote Frankenstein.
Is he ready for the first team? No. Is he ****? Also no.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
VaxjoDevil

Lol Galaxy get goal against in 93rd minute here.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:05 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I'm rooting for LA, Red Bulls would have home field against them in the Final

Old
11-04-2012, 11:19 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Unfortunately Newcastle will not appeal the Coloccini red card. Considering the fouls that occurred in the match (and most) and the fact Sterling kicked at Simpson earlier in the half, that red card is harsh. Stupid challenge but not worthy of a red if Sterling's kick wasnt even worthy of a card.

I love when people call Newcastle's (insert spot) abysmal. Only 3 losses this year to the Champions of Europe and EPL runners-up.

They spent £3M-net this season. It must be abysmal to not beat them at home.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:39 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
Unfortunately Newcastle will not appeal the Coloccini red card. Considering the fouls that occurred in the match (and most) and the fact Sterling kicked at Simpson earlier in the half, that red card is harsh. Stupid challenge but not worthy of a red if Sterling's kick wasnt even worthy of a card.

I love when people call Newcastle's (insert spot) abysmal. Only 3 losses this year to the Champions of Europe and EPL runners-up.

They spent £3M-net this season. It must be abysmal to not beat them at home.
Oh, come on, now, even you've admitted NUFC's defense is putrid, just as I've stated that Liverpool is incapable of putting the ball in the back of the net.

Today, a side that's horrible at finishing chances met with a horrible defense.

Unstoppable force meets immovable object, or in the case of today's match, stoppable force met movable object.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Is he ready for the first team? No. Is he ****? Also no.
Tell that to the Liverpool fans I know. If a player has a down game, they're gonna go "yeah, he was kinda bad... but holy ****, did you see Shelvey?"

Everybody hates the guy, hell even other teams' fans share in the hate because the NT coach actually plays him every once in a while.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:47 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Tell that to the Liverpool fans I know. If a player has a down game, they're gonna go "yeah, he was kinda bad... but holy ****, did you see Shelvey?"

Everybody hates the guy, hell even other teams' fans share in the hate because the NT coach actually plays him every once in a while.
The boy has flashes of brilliance, but they are often overshadowed by inexperience. He's 19 years old, for ****'s sake.

I firmly believe that he can become a quality player if he works hard and once he grows up.

To each their own. I'm not writing Shelvey off yet.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
The boy has flashes of brilliance, but they are often overshadowed by inexperience. He's 19 years old, for ****'s sake.

I firmly believe that he can become a quality player if he works hard and once he grows up.

To each their own. I'm not writing Shelvey off yet.
Hey, I personally think Shelvey's major malfunction is that he looks overwhelmed on the pitch, and once he learns to actually stop and think during a play he might amount to something.

But damnit, I wish I could teleport you to a pub I go to when a Liverpool game is on, just so you can see what everybody's reaction is when they figure out the ball's on Shelvey's feet.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Hey, I personally think Shelvey's major malfunction is that he looks overwhelmed on the pitch, and once he learns to actually stop and think during a play he might amount to something.

But damnit, I wish I could teleport you to a pub I go to when a Liverpool game is on, just so you can see what everybody's reaction is when they figure out the ball's on Shelvey's feet.
That's precisely what I'm trying to say. He's overwhelmed due to lack of experience and has absolutely no composure whatsoever. It's for that reason that he can make of mess of easy plays, for example, the flubbed try on an empty net today that likely would have won the match. ****ing hell, I probably could have scored that goal if I was in Jonjo's position just parked in the box like that with no defenders on me.

And of course, I'm sure many would disagree with my defense of Shelvey, but dammit, give the lad a chance to mature. He's a kid, FFS.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
That's precisely what I'm trying to say. He's overwhelmed due to lack of experience and has absolutely no composure whatsoever. It's for that reason that he can make of mess of easy plays, for example, the flubbed try on an empty net today that likely would have won the match. ****ing hell, I probably could have scored that goal if I was in Jonjo's position just parked in the box like that with no defenders on me.

And of course, I'm sure many would disagree with my defense of Shelvey, but dammit, give the lad a chance to mature. He's a kid, FFS.
I don't care much for Shelvey but I understand your position, especially since I'm a fan of a team that constantly fields a starting 11 with an average age of under 24. Kids take time to develop and fans want to win now, which sucks for... the kids when the results aren't there.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
I don't care much for Shelvey but I understand your position, especially since I'm a fan of a team that constantly fields a starting 11 with an average age of under 24. Kids take time to develop and fans want to win now, which sucks for... the kids when the results aren't there.
Liverpool is very much in the process of rebuilding, and until the January transfer window, we're going to have to watch Rodgers field a largely inexperienced side.

You have to take the good with the bad at times like this, especially when the likes of Sterling and Shelvey do have those aforementioned flashes of brilliance. They can only get better. And Suso... Suso can become world-class someday. Wonderful young footballer.

Get points where you can while implementing your philosophy and giving the kids valuable experience up until the January transfer window. Until New Year's, that's all the Liverpool faithful can ask of Rodgers.

This is admittedly a huge job and will certainly take some time, but I firmly believe Brendan Rodgers is the right man to guide Liverpool back to their rightful place in the top four. The work ethic he's instilling into this club is incredible, and the players are buying into his philosophy. Everything will work itself out in due time.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Sporting is very much in the process of rebuilding, and until the January transfer window, we're going to have to watch Vercauteren field a largely inexperienced side.

You have to take the good with the bad at times like this, especially when the likes of Carrillo and Jeffren do have those aforementioned flashes of brilliance. They can only get better. And Dier... Dier can become world-class someday. Wonderful young footballer.

Get points where you can while implementing your philosophy and giving the kids valuable experience up until the January transfer window. Until New Year's, that's all the Sporting faithful can ask of Vercauteren.

This is admittedly a huge job and will certainly take some time, but I firmly believe Franky Vercauteren is the right man to guide Sporting back to their rightful place in the top three. The work ethic he's instilling into this club is incredible, and the players are buying into his philosophy. Everything will work itself out in due time.

I hate the fact that I can swap out Liverpool for my team and it still makes perfect sense.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

hahahaha, that was freaky, but awesome.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
hahahaha, that was freaky, but awesome.
And true at the same time.

Why must academy-first clubs be punished for not wanting to buy wins? And hell, even punished when they try to buy wins (see Carroll)

Closed Thread