HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > IIHF World Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

IIHF World Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Slovakia Roster Discussion (Released, post #1)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
  #401
Hesher
Sagan for President
 
Hesher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: next door to hell
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Sounds like it was the isles decision, although Vis and his agent say they understand the isles decision.

Vis has missed about 40-45 games with a serious concussion.A huge loss for the isles. I understand theirconcern.


http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ochi-1.6973325
OK thanks.

Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 12:49 AM
  #402
GreeneRedWings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Assistant captains?

GreeneRedWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 04:23 AM
  #403
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajoncek View Post
Tatar - Handzus - Hossa
Chara - Sekera

Radivojevic - Kopecky - Jurco
Meszaros-Baranka

Miklik - Surovy - Bartovic
Jurcina - Marincin

Panik - Marcinko - Hossa (Marcel)
Starosta - Vydareny

I like this lineup. Although I'd wish for Panik to play top 6 (he could wake up if assigned to tatar) and I'd also like to see Zaborsky somewhere instead of Radivojevic (I don't really understand why is he playing the 2nd line despite him being the 15th nominated player)
Good lineups only defense suprised. And agree with the Zaborsky in the pressbox, I regularly see KHL and saw all games Zaborsky in Salavat. He is not so good player. Bad shot, low ice vision, he needs free ice for his play. Yes, he had 21 goals in Omsk but he played with Popov and Perezhogin and what Avagard fans said, without them he was lost. But he improved pressing in Ufa, it isn terrible abut average now and play hard.

And Branko really improved his play in Slovan. I believe him.

But I am suprised that Baranka is in the second pair. He often did mistakes in the defense but maybe he will good in the system of Vujtek.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 06:16 AM
  #404
begbeee
Registered User
 
begbeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Good lineups only defense suprised. And agree with the Zaborsky in the pressbox, I regularly see KHL and saw all games Zaborsky in Salavat. He is not so good player. Bad shot, low ice vision, he needs free ice for his play. Yes, he had 21 goals in Omsk but he played with Popov and Perezhogin and what Avagard fans said, without them he was lost. But he improved pressing in Ufa, it isn terrible abut average now and play hard.

And Branko really improved his play in Slovan. I believe him.

But I am suprised that Baranka is in the second pair. He often did mistakes in the defense but maybe he will good in the system of Vujtek.
He will have a plenty of free ice on Olympic stadium. Snipers usually are not exactly visible players with outstanding hockey IQ rather than being in a right place at right time.

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2014, 06:52 AM
  #405
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
He will have a plenty of free ice on Olympic stadium. Snipers usually are not exactly visible players with outstanding hockey IQ rather than being in a right place at right time.
He isnt sniper. Real sniper regularly uses his chances and Tomas cannot. And I dont think that he will have more free time in OG than in KHL. But IMHO he is better choice that Satan.


Last edited by mt-svk: 02-11-2014 at 06:57 AM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 03:19 PM
  #406
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
Marcinko is out for the rest of the tourney.

I'm not yet ready to give up on this team. Vujtek got them into the QF at the last possible moment in the last two WCs (although 2012 did have good results/play early on even though the last game against France was decisive), so some kind of miracle might be possible in this tourney as well.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 04:52 PM
  #407
Pajoncek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Marcinko is out for the rest of the tourney.

I'm not yet ready to give up on this team. Vujtek got them into the QF at the last possible moment in the last two WCs (although 2012 did have good results/play early on even though the last game against France was decisive), so some kind of miracle might be possible in this tourney as well.
Me neither. But we really need to bench Jurcina and Vydareny and have our NHL defensmen play 20+ minutes. I don't see why they couldn't do that as all of them are used to do so in their own clubs.

Pajoncek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2014, 06:24 PM
  #408
Brooklanders*
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,820
vCash: 500
I'm impressed by Jurco.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 01:54 AM
  #409
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajoncek View Post
Me neither. But we really need to bench Jurcina and Vydareny and have our NHL defensmen play 20+ minutes. I don't see why they couldn't do that as all of them are used to do so in their own clubs.
I believe it is intentional in order not to overplay them too early and they will play the big minutes when it will matter. In these tournaments you always see the weaker teams making noise early on against favourites but it disappears later on because of a combination of the better teams getting used to each other and the weaker teams geting out of steam. Sadly, we currently belong into the weaker teams category (despite having a few world class players) when it comes o this tournament, so we might as well try our hardest to be ready for the games that actually matter.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 06:19 AM
  #410
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
New lines:

Chára, Starosta – Záborský, Handzuš, Marián Hossa
Baranka, Meszároš – Tatar, Kopecký, Jurčo
Marinčin, Sekera – Bartovič, Surový, Pánik
Vydarený, Jurčina – Marcel Hossa, Olvecký, Radivojevič

Vydarený in the stands, Jurčina 7th D on the bench according to Vujtek.


Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 02-14-2014 at 06:39 AM.
slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 07:44 AM
  #411
NewHopeForEveryone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Lesotho
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Pylon Jurcina on bench

FINALLY! and i hope this is his last nomination to NT

NewHopeForEveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 07:51 AM
  #412
PapaQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Not sure which of those 3 should be benched - Jurcina, Vydareny, Starosta.

Seeing the first line just shows the state of hockey in Slovakia at the moment.

Lines 3 and 4 would hardly be passable as OK for IIHF WC's 5 years ago, now they're in "best of the best" Olympics roster. Sad to see, really.

PapaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 08:08 AM
  #413
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaQ View Post
Not sure which of those 3 should be benched - Jurcina, Vydareny, Starosta.

Seeing the first line just shows the state of hockey in Slovakia at the moment.

Lines 3 and 4 would hardly be passable as OK for IIHF WC's 5 years ago, now they're in "best of the best" Olympics roster. Sad to see, really.
I think you mean 10 years ago. 2009 WC lines:

Marcel Hossa, Handzuš, Bartečko - Radivojevič, Rastislav Pavlikovský, L. Nagy - J. Mikúš, Ölvecký, Š. Ružička - Bartovič, Surový, Bicek

Slovakia has mostly had these hardly passable teams at the WC at least since 2006 WC (wasn't as visible that year because at least Marián Hossa was there) and definitely since 2008.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 11:14 AM
  #414
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fort Worth TX
Country: United States
Posts: 12,124
vCash: 500
so impressed with Tatar!

I hope you guys rebound and win against Slovenia setting up a monster upset against Russia. I want to see Russia get burnt by the US and then you guys.

Chara and Hossa have to be better. They have to know that everything pretty much rides on their shoulders. Hopefully a big win against Slovenia and solid goaltending from Halak if starting puts you guys back on track to at least be a tough fight and God willing a victor against Russia.

Man I wanted Satan on this team, can't be worse then some of those 4th liners you guys have.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 11:31 AM
  #415
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
so impressed with Tatar!

I hope you guys rebound and win against Slovenia setting up a monster upset against Russia. I want to see Russia get burnt by the US and then you guys.

Chara and Hossa have to be better. They have to know that everything pretty much rides on their shoulders. Hopefully a big win against Slovenia and solid goaltending from Halak if starting puts you guys back on track to at least be a tough fight and God willing a victor against Russia.

Man I wanted Satan on this team, can't be worse then some of those 4th liners you guys have.
Please let's not bring ths drama over to hfboards as well. God knows we've all had enough of it thanks to Slovak media.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 11:36 AM
  #416
jcbio11
Registered User
 
jcbio11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
so impressed with Tatar!

I hope you guys rebound and win against Slovenia setting up a monster upset against Russia. I want to see Russia get burnt by the US and then you guys.

Chara and Hossa have to be better. They have to know that everything pretty much rides on their shoulders. Hopefully a big win against Slovenia and solid goaltending from Halak if starting puts you guys back on track to at least be a tough fight and God willing a victor against Russia.

Man I wanted Satan on this team, can't be worse then some of those 4th liners you guys have.
Great post and you sir are very right. The way they snubbed Satan was a travesty, especially considering his replacements.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 02:11 PM
  #417
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion
 
Coach Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,059
vCash: 500
So basically the only time Slovakia was scored against was when they finally had to take Chara off the ice?

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2014, 11:00 PM
  #418
GreeneRedWings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Slovakia's Tomas Marcinko, an #Islanders draftee, has been ruled out for the rest of #Sochi2014 because of a lower-body injury.

GreeneRedWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 04:46 AM
  #419
PapaQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
So. Laco in the net vs. Russia? We have nothing to lose and its an opportunity to regain the confidence.

Other than that, I am afraid there is nothing they can do, as far as lineup changes go. Some of the players are simply not upt to the task and its clear now that Vujtek haven't done a good job with the nomination.

PapaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 05:04 AM
  #420
begbeee
Registered User
 
begbeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,126
vCash: 500
Try to name players outside of Satan, who should be there?

begbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 05:24 AM
  #421
SlovakLeaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
You know that you are screwed when your 2nd center is Kopecky and even he gets injured.

But that was absolutely woeful against Slovenia, there are no excuses. With a right attitude and system even this **** team should beat Slovenia, with all respect. Yet Kopitar and co. completely outplayed them throughout the whole game.

SlovakLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 05:27 AM
  #422
QnebO
Wheel, snipe, celly
 
QnebO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Slovakia's game was full mess.. They dont work, they dont have solid system.. You need more talent with the puck to play like that.

Slovakia needs to research how Finland played in, say 2001-2006. It wasn't pretty but we stayed close to the top.. and then the new talents start bursting in.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 05:29 AM
  #423
QnebO
Wheel, snipe, celly
 
QnebO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
Try to name players outside of Satan, who should be there?
Nagy is quite solid player.. At the start of the season, he looked really bad, but playing more and more he actually has become very good closer to Olympics in Jokerit. I see him fitting team like that.. He has patients with the puck and can handle it. But I dont know Slovakias bottom 6 very well tbh, so could be wrong... just trying to pick up some one.

Liiga had two Slovakian imports this season, the KalPa guy was pretty darn bad, but Nagy in the other hand, is very good player..

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 05:32 AM
  #424
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
Slovakia's game was full mess.. They dont work, they dont have solid system.. You need more talent with the puck to play like that.

Slovakia needs to research how Finland played in, say 2001-2006. It wasn't pretty but we stayed close to the top.. and then the new talents start bursting in.
This is kinda strange but they did play a good system under Vujtek at the 2012 WC, I have no idea why it's non-existent here.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2014, 07:45 AM
  #425
PapaQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
Try to name players outside of Satan, who should be there?
Satan, Nagy, Podhradsky, maybe Bliznak (we can't be picky when it comes to centers and I think he'd fit more in 2nd line than Kopecky), maybe Hudacek.

PapaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.