HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > IIHF World Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
IIHF World Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Slovakia Roster Discussion (Released, post #1)

Old
01-09-2014, 01:57 PM
martin1983

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvkInNHL View Post

first of all...please find out what that PPG shortcut means
secondly...hmm there isnt secondly because if you find out what that PPG means and next you will search players who achieved the same stat you will find out why he belong to NHL...

so only funny thing here is you for now...
I know what ppg mean, my mistake that I tought you are not hockey expert which predicts huge NHL career only by points per game.

My point is still the same, look at the Ruzicka, Sejna, Surovy, Ciernik around point per game in AHL in NHL average bottom 6 players but no stable position in the team..

martin1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Indian

While I'm not saying Jurčo will be on the second line, I too believe he would be a good fit. That doesn't mean Vujtek will put him there.

I think what he wanted to say by writing he belongs to the NHL is that he thinks Jurčo has what it takes and I tend to agree. He has the hands and skill, good speed and skating, he started using his size and utilizes his body more, learned to be more defensively aware and responsible in his own zone. I think he has all the attributes to have an NHL career and he showed it in his short stint with the wings. Babcock put him on the first line with Datsyuk in his first game, which shows something. Maybe the last point isn't that significant but it has a nice ring to it. Also, he is the winning type. He is and was part of the winning teams and I sure hope he will be in the future as well.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Holkoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Radivojevic may look bad this season but he is perfect for checking line. Plus he has always been the most important locker room guy, I'd prefer him over the bad blood Satan would bring.
bad blood from Satan? Why not Chara? Chara did that dirty stuff he should behave like a man. Yes Satan should stop feeling himself "insulted", but his attitude is a bit understandable, since Charasīs hit made him injured.

Holkoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:04 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holkoun View Post
bad blood from Satan? Why not Chara? Chara did that dirty stuff he should behave like a man.
What was dirty about it?

01-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Hesher
dead duck day

vCash: 2687
Oh dear, Mrs. Zaborska. If there is one thing that our politicians are good at it's talking about things they have no clue about.

Hesher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:34 PM
CanuckLuck

Slovakia looks pretty good this year. They seem to have a better Olympic roster every 4th year.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 03:46 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
Slovakia looks pretty good this year. They seem to have a better Olympic roster every 4th year.
I hope this is sarcasm

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Holkoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
What was dirty about it?
this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jhSNNwf8ns
if you are supposed to be a big friend, you dont do such a hit (on top of it twice in a game). Eventhough it is considered as "clean" (IMHO it was not clean, as chara goes to head of Satan) These "clean hits" can harm you easily and they are often more dangerous then stuff considered as "penalty". ANd exactly this particular case that hit was causing long term injury...
I am not defending Satan who acted after that like cheated wife, but sorry...

Last edited by Holkoun: 01-09-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old
01-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Holkoun

Quote:
I hope this is sarcasm
Despite their roster is not stacked anymore like it used to be, they look surprisingly good. Their big advantage is their coach and SK youngsters are not bad at all, despite their careers are not so eye-catching yet, they are definitely capable of making big hassle in the tournament. They will be serious opponent for any team there incl. CAN "second-to-none" team...

Old
01-09-2014, 10:23 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jhSNNwf8ns
if you are supposed to be a big friend, you dont do such a hit (on top of it twice in a game). Eventhough it is considered as "clean" (IMHO it was not clean, as chara goes to head of Satan) These "clean hits" can harm you easily and they are often more dangerous then stuff considered as "penalty". ANd exactly this particular case that hit was causing long term injury...
I am not defending Satan who acted after that like cheated wife, but sorry...
I knew about that hit all along but still can't see what on Earth was dirty about it. Or Chara isn't supposed to hit another Slovak? Eric Staal caught his own brother with a hit much "dirtier" than this.

Quote:
Despite their roster is not stacked anymore like it used to be, they look surprisingly good. Their big advantage is their coach and SK youngsters are not bad at all, despite their careers are not so eye-catching yet, they are definitely capable of making big hassle in the tournament.
Still, to say that this roster is better than the Vancouver one.. It's beyond words.

Old
01-10-2014, 02:33 AM
Corax

Quote:
1. Just read this thread: "Kane has not recorded a single goal this season when centered by Handzus"

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1576117

2. Panik has two goals, doesn't really generate anything himself, has by far team worst -8 and is recently playing less than 10 minutes per game.

3. Kopecky is a solid player, we all know that, but I think we all understand that playing him out of his position doesn't do any favors.
"great argument." Kane is in a scoring slump, and? Now let me understand, as you seem to be a hockey professor, why is he playing 2nd line? He was acquired for 4th line duties. We are talking about one of the best teams and SC winner. Handzus plays 2nd line C there. Maybe the coach likes his play? Maybe he thinks anyone else would be minus 30 with Kane on the line? Look at any other center that played on 2nd line and their plus minus. And then come back. I think coach just wants to win the games. And we do as well, so I am glad to have him. Hawks 2nd center...I like to see it that way.

Corax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 03:36 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Slovak View Post
"great argument." Kane is in a scoring slump, and? Now let me understand, as you seem to be a hockey professor, why is he playing 2nd line? He was acquired for 4th line duties. We are talking about one of the best teams and SC winner. Handzus plays 2nd line C there. Maybe the coach likes his play? Maybe he thinks anyone else would be minus 30 with Kane on the line? Look at any other center that played on 2nd line and their plus minus. And then come back. I think coach just wants to win the games. And we do as well, so I am glad to have him. Hawks 2nd center...I like to see it that way.

Just read the thread the link I posted to.. Read the opinions of the people who see every single match Hadzus plays. It's not like I'm going out of my way to make some kind of statement about Handzus. It's a general consensus among Chicago fans and media alike.

Also, your post generally appalling. Kane has scored 23 goals this season and is having the best season of his career. NONE of those 23 goals game when he was playing with Handzus. What does it have to do with some kind of scoring slump Kane is supposedly in?

You seem to be so high on the idea that Handzus is a second line center because coach likes his play when in fact it's just an illusion. Andrew Shaw sees more time on ice and has by far better offensive output. Furthermore, Markus Kruger, who is supposedly fourth line center, plays 30 seconds per game less than Handzus. That's one shift less! And that's enough for you to label one player a second and the other a fourth line center? Not to mention that despite that and while skating his regular shift with such offensive giants like Brendan Bollig and Ben Smith Kruger managed to get 18 points while Handzus has 10 skating half of his shifts with Kane on his wing.

Also, talking about plus/minus, I'm glad to remind Handzus has team's second worst +1. Even rookie Brandon Pirri who was given a chance to center a second line for a very limited amount of games managed to get +6. So yeah, I took a look "at any other center that played on 2nd line and their plus minus" and I came back. It's better. Much better.

Your last sentence probably explains this discussion the best - we are only having it because you like to see Handzus in a certain way. And that way contradicts reality because Hanzdus neither is given the ice time nor the responsibilities to be a second line center. Not to mention that he can't produce like one.

Old
01-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Holkoun

Quote:
I knew about that hit all along but still can't see what on Earth was dirty about it. Or Chara isn't supposed to hit another Slovak? Eric Staal caught his own brother with a hit much "dirtier" than this.

Still, to say that this roster is better than the Vancouver one.. It's beyond words.
Ad better roster: It is obvious it was said with clear sarcasm...

Hit to head is dirty no matter what NHL rules say. Full stop. I donīt care if Staalīs brothers made those hits or not, it is still "dirty". In football (european) was also clean,before rules changed, if you slide-tackle the opponent and the ball was hit the first, even if you could break opponents legs (and it happened sometimes). Comments "It was clean, because it is allowed by rules..." it is ridiculous. Rules always can change, it is just matter of administrative. These kind of hits are almost always much more dangerous than something which is infringing the rules - e.g. hooking or tripping... And top of it, he did two hits in the game... in KHL...

Last edited by Holkoun: 01-10-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old
01-10-2014, 04:44 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Hit to head is dirty no matter what NHL rules say. Full stop. I donīt care if Staalīs brothers made those hits or not, it is still "dirty". In football (european) was also clean,before rules changed, if you slide-tackle the opponent and the ball was hit the first, even if you could break opponents legs (and it happened sometimes). Comments "It was clean, because it is allowed by rules..." it is ridiculous. Rules always can change, it is just matter of administrative. These kind of hits are almost always much more dangerous than something which is infringing the rules - e.g. hooking or tripping...
Blocking the shot is always dangerous too. Is the player shooting the puck dirty? It's ridiculous.

You're talking like a nanny rather than a person who appreciates professional sports. There's always something dangerous in sports and there is always something on the line. And rules define where the line is. Players are out where with a mission to win, not to play safely and don't hurt each other. Obviously a goal should never be to intentionally hurt someone but if it happens it happens, you move on and don't b*tch about the player who made the right play being dirty.

Last edited by SoundAndFury: 01-10-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old
01-10-2014, 04:59 AM
Holkoun

Quote:
Blocking the shot is always dangerous too. Is the player shooting the puck dirty? It's ridiculous.

You're talking like a nanny rather than a person who appreciates professional sports. There's always something dangerous in sports and there is always something on the line. And rules define where the line is. Players are out where with a mission to win, not to play safely and don't hurt each other. Obviously a should never be to intentionally hurt someone but if it happens it happens, you move on and don't b*tch about the player who made the right play being dirty.
Blocking of shot is done by the players decision, this comparison is funny sorry.

Yes I am talking like nanny... This is hockey, not kick box.... I quite clearly explained to you the football example... it is up to you if you take it or not, I really dont care. If you really think players are going to game to "hurt some", what is your comment indicating, than I advice you to take cold compress...
And I mentioned before, I do not defend Satanīs offended reaction, but if you do such a hit (on top of it twice in a game), it shows you something...and Chara should approach to Satan and be the one to "clean the air", especially when results of those hits were what they were. And as I said before - yes this hit was dirty, this hit was done by shoulder to head directly, and really dont care what NHL rules say. That is why is so lot concussions in the game, that is why Lindros carreer was what it was, that is why Crosby is under certain risk too... Rules are putting the limits but rules are not always (= are never) fully correct (that is why they are evolving through time)...

Old
01-10-2014, 05:16 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Blocking of shot is done by the players decision, this comparison is funny sorry.

[...]

This is hockey
It was Satan's decision to make a play against Chara too, wasn't it? You have to anticipate that because you know this is going to happen. That's why Chara is feared around the league and that's why he's so good at what he does.

Because yes, that is hockey

Old
01-10-2014, 05:36 AM
ebis

Quote:

Yes I am talking like nanny... This is hockey, not kick box.... I quite clearly explained to you the football example... it is up to you if you take it or not, I really dont care. If you really think players are going to game to "hurt some", what is your comment indicating, than I advice you to take cold compress...
And I mentioned before, I do not defend Satanīs offended reaction, but if you do such a hit (on top of it twice in a game), it shows you something...and Chara should approach to Satan and be the one to "clean the air", especially when results of those hits were what they were. And as I said before - yes this hit was dirty, this hit was done by shoulder to head directly, and really dont care what NHL rules say. That is why is so lot concussions in the game, that is why Lindros carreer was what it was, that is why Crosby is under certain risk too... Rules are putting the limits but rules are not always (= are never) fully correct (that is why they are evolving through time)...
Chara tried to "clean the air" multiple times, Satan never even picked up the phone.

And it wasn't a dirty hit, it was a great hit and I'm saying this as a Slovan fan.

ebis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:16 AM
Holkoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebis View Post
Chara tried to "clean the air" multiple times, Satan never even picked up the phone.

And it wasn't a dirty hit, it was a great hit and I'm saying this as a Slovan fan.
Ok, then fine, Satan acts like woman (no offence). I was not defending him anyway, but I stick to my guns, that the hit was dirty, or dangerous if you want.

Old
01-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Corax

Quote:

Just read the thread the link I posted to.. Read the opinions of the people who see every single match Hadzus plays. It's not like I'm going out of my way to make some kind of statement about Handzus. It's a general consensus among Chicago fans and media alike.

Also, your post generally appalling. Kane has scored 23 goals this season and is having the best season of his career. NONE of those 23 goals game when he was playing with Handzus. What does it have to do with some kind of scoring slump Kane is supposedly in?

You seem to be so high on the idea that Handzus is a second line center because coach likes his play when in fact it's just an illusion. Andrew Shaw sees more time on ice and has by far better offensive output. Furthermore, Markus Kruger, who is supposedly fourth line center, plays 30 seconds per game less than Handzus. That's one shift less! And that's enough for you to label one player a second and the other a fourth line center? Not to mention that despite that and while skating his regular shift with such offensive giants like Brendan Bollig and Ben Smith Kruger managed to get 18 points while Handzus has 10 skating half of his shifts with Kane on his wing.

Also, talking about plus/minus, I'm glad to remind Handzus has team's second worst +1. Even rookie Brandon Pirri who was given a chance to center a second line for a very limited amount of games managed to get +6. So yeah, I took a look "at any other center that played on 2nd line and their plus minus" and I came back. It's better. Much better.

Your last sentence probably explains this discussion the best - we are only having it because you like to see Handzus in a certain way. And that way contradicts reality because Hanzdus neither is given the ice time nor the responsibilities to be a second line center. Not to mention that he can't produce like one.
You can have just stopped here. Thanks for trying though. Let me know how the team you are coaching is doing. General opinion was that coach Q and Bowman's are useless.
Then they were geniuses, though the guys that called them useless crawled back after SC win.
Now they are coming back. You are as smart as them. If this was playoff time last year, we would not have this debate.

Just to comment on TOI, far more time is 55 sec and little less is 30 sec???????. Now there go your blinders.
Handzus is slow I am aware of that, but without him we would not have Silver in 2012. There was also agreement that he was the black horse of SC finals for Chicago. That is enough for me. I do not need 82 games out of him as long as he plays like for life couple of games.

Now please answer me how do you see that this roster is worse than last one. Demo was in a slump with Canucks. Everyone thought he was a wash up before Olympics. Stumpel was also slow and old. No one new about Palffy, but he was actually playing worse than expected by optimists.

So please, just ****. You know nothing more than anyone before the puck is dropped. Slovak team 2010 was a team of wash-ups and we were ranked as high as now. Also SUI was supposed to be the dark horse. I think McGuire had us as a dark horse.
Today you are certain that 2010 was good team. Such a visionary opinion. Now this team is not much different, just younger. Tatar is on fire. probably the best forward on ice yesterday. Even Zet looked worse, could not enter zone on PP so he just dumped the puck.

Halak with and assist, so scoring just got the boost. Also 33 saves. Granak was not there last time, as we had to learn how good he is from KHL playoff awards. He was awarded as a best D man. And he is a a top 4 caliber. Definitely better than Jurcina. Jurco can only surprise.

But I like your purpose. You are here to tell us that our team sucks and you compare it against a team that was suppose to suck last time.

Last edited by Corax: 01-10-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Corax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 06:33 AM
martin1983

Quote:

This was KHL game not NHL. KHL rulles are strict in this one, you can find here in official KHL rule book rule number 540..

It's quite standard, just recent from KHL page..
Quote:
Andrei Kostitsyn has been banned for two KHL games for a powerful hit to the head of an opponent, the league said Thursday.
So if it was "hit to the head" it was definitely against the rules and dirty..

martin1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:00 AM
ebis

Quote:
Ok, then fine, Satan acts like woman (no offence). I was not defending him anyway, but I stick to my guns, that the hit was dirty, or dangerous if you want.
Let's just agree to disagree. But that's not even the point. It doesn't matter who's to blame for that conflict, bottom line is that you can't have both of them there without affecting the locker room and with all due respect to Satan, Chara is a much bigger asset.

ebis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:02 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Slovak View Post
Just to comment on TOI, far more time is 55 sec and little less is 30 sec???????. Now there go your blinders.
I said "more time on ice and has by far better offensive output". Yes 1 minute more is more time on ice and 21 points are far more than 10.

But nevermind, I understand you ignore anything what contradicts your opinion anyway. You choose to live in your illusions rather than take a look at any kind of numbers, statistics or even actual games.

Old
01-10-2014, 07:40 AM
SoundAndFury

By the way, buzz around Chicago after today's practice is that Kruger will be "officially" slotted into the second line and Handzus demoted to the fourth in tomorrow's game against Montreal.

Old
01-10-2014, 07:44 AM
SamuelSlovak
Rookie User

Well, honestly I am really satisfied with the nomination. What mostly makes me satisfied is, that Marinčin and Jurčo made the team. It will be a great experience for both of them.

I also thought Radivojevič will be on the team, though he has had some troubles this season. He would be a great 4th liner, kill penalties and stuff like this. He also has much NHL experience, is a combatant and a leader on and of the ice. In my opinion he would be a better choise than for example Miklík.

SamuelSlovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2014, 07:56 AM
NewHopeForEveryone

Sorry SoundAndFury, but what you are doing is battle with windmills.

We know what we have in Handzus and we know that we wont find anyone suitable for 1C in national team. Could he be better? Yes! But for us its enough. We dont need superstar on each position like Canada and we havent so many talented players that we can afford left players like Giroux or MSL at home, but you will see that our players will gave heart on ice. This roster is kind of a beauty against what we were expecting

Btw. It was Handzus"s poke-check on Plekanec"s pass, which lead us to the WC final in 2012 and I wont forget that.

NewHopeForEveryone is offline   Reply With Quote