HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Arrow

Old
11-29-2012, 01:25 PM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Good show, enjoying every episode.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:38 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Best episode so far last night, my only complaints are that Ammel (improving though I think), the lady playing Laurel, and the lady playing his sister (especially her) need to improve their acting skills asap.
Katie Cassidy is probably the best actress on the show, but I agree that she hasn't done much here yet. I think that has a lot to do with the stiffness of Amell and the actor who plays her father.

The acting is clearly the weakest link, but I'm still enjoying it.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 05:44 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Katie Cassidy is probably the best actress on the show, but I agree that she hasn't done much here yet. I think that has a lot to do with the stiffness of Amell and the actor who plays her father.

The acting is clearly the weakest link, but I'm still enjoying it.
Really? I haven't seen her in any other show, but I think that the actress playing Oliver's mother is by far the best actress on the show.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

The action parts were the best part of the new episode, along with perhaps Oliver finding someone other like him but the dram elements like Laurel and Merlyn going on date (though it did serve a purpose) were soooo boring and at times cringe worthy. IIRC, Laurel's cop father is actually British which may explain his accent and whole demeanor sounding a bit "off". Is Helena an actual character from the comics?

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
The action parts were the best part of the new episode, along with perhaps Oliver finding someone other like him but the dram elements like Laurel and Merlyn going on date (though it did serve a purpose) were soooo boring and at times cringe worthy. IIRC, Laurel's cop father is actually British which may explain his accent and whole demeanor sounding a bit "off". Is Helena an actual character from the comics?
Yes, she is the character known as "The Huntress" (She will become that hero in the next episode). Her story in the show is fairly similar to her story in the comics, the only major difference being that her comic-book counterpart grew up in Gotham City.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Decent episode, once again the action parts worked but the soap opera bits are a bit cringeworthy at times. I want to see more of that tech support girl, Elisabeth. So awkward... Is Kelly Hu's character inthe comics? Always glad to see her, I really liked that Sammo Hung's show she was on.

Old
12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Decent episode, once again the action parts worked but the soap opera bits are a bit cringeworthy at times. I want to see more of that tech support girl, Elisabeth. So awkward... Is Kelly Hu's character inthe comics? Always glad to see her, I really liked that Sammo Hung's show she was on.
Yep. http://www.comicvine.com/china-white/29-59082/

Old
12-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Really like this show, it's good to see.

12-08-2012, 12:56 AM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

After some thought, I definitely think Starling City is less ridiculous then Star City.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Another good episode but couple of things still bug me a little bit. The romance stuff between Laurel and Merlyn and Captain Jack Harkness suddenly becoming übermarksman with a bow and arrow and fighter. If the's the character The Archer, he's definitely different than in Smallville and I assume in the comics as well?

Old
12-13-2012, 10:18 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Another good episode but couple of things still bug me a little bit. The romance stuff between Laurel and Merlyn and Captain Jack Harkness suddenly becoming übermarksman with a bow and arrow and fighter. If the's the character The Archer, he's definitely different than in Smallville and I assume in the comics as well?
The character on Smallville wasn't necessarily the dark archer, he was however based on him though. Arrow's version of the character is fairly similar to his comic-book counterpart.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:43 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Great episode on Wednesday. Show is becoming a lot better than when it first started

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'm glad the flashbacks came back last episode. I enjoy that kind of thing.

There are some new shows this year and coming early next year that look really promising. A few shows I watch now are on final seasons or last legs so I like having something new fill that void.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Returns tonight.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:10 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Ok episode. I was afraid Oliver would go emo for too long but luckily that didn't last too long. Laurel's detective dad, here I was hoping he'd start a "partnership" of sorts with Oliver's alter ego but he's turning out to be quite the dick.

Last edited by Jussi: 01-18-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old
01-18-2013, 07:30 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Agreed, he didn't pull a Toby Maguire that's a great thing..

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Damn, even Ben Browder made an appearance in the latest episode. Waiting for Michael Shanks to appear to get Stargate covered since we got Torchwood/Dr Who and Farscape alrady covered. Decent episode again but I still feel like fastforwarding the Tommy/Laurel bits... Needs more of that IT girl. The flashbacks are finally getting interesting.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

The Count was probably the cheesiest villain so far, almost like a Joker copy. Seems we might see him again in the future. Other than that, a good episode. I'm hoping Oliver "recruits" that IT girl, even though she's very likely to accidentally blurt out his identity. Nice to see Janina Gavankar again with True Blood still on break.

Old
01-31-2013, 11:07 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
The Count was probably the cheesiest villain so far, almost like a Joker copy. Seems we might see him again in the future. Other than that, a good episode. I'm hoping Oliver "recruits" that IT girl, even though she's very likely to accidentally blurt out his identity. Nice to see Janina Gavankar again with True Blood still on break.
IT girl is hot.

hope that vertigo isnt permanent.

Island sidestory is interesting

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
that's what i thought as well when I saw the count lol.

Im curious if they are going to do something with that IT character...seems original?

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

I don't watch the show, but as a massive John Barrowman fan, I wanted to know some fans thoughts on his character and acting so far.

RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
I don't watch the show, but as a massive John Barrowman fan, I wanted to know some fans thoughts on his character and acting so far.
Hasn't really gotten to do much.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

This show is actually getting pretty good. Amells acting has come a long way

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:02 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

1) Green Arrow has been shot at like a million times by bullets and they've all missed.

2) Amell hasn't been bad, but I actually think the green arrow actor (Hartley) from Smallville would've been a better choice. I know this show is more darker/grittier then Smallville was, but Hartley brought so much more charisma and...idk, he was just more entertaining. Though he's probably too old for the role now. They said Oliver is like 27 on the show, right?

3) IT girl is basically Chloe Sullivan

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
1) Green Arrow has been shot at like a million times by bullets and they've all missed.

2) Amell hasn't been bad, but I actually think the green arrow actor (Hartley) from Smallville would've been a better choice. I know this show is more darker/grittier then Smallville was, but Hartley brought so much more charisma and...idk, he was just more entertaining. Though he's probably too old for the role now. They said Oliver is like 27 on the show, right?

3) IT girl is basically Chloe Sullivan
same with every super hero

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote