HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Arrow

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2012, 01:25 PM
  #51
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Good show, enjoying every episode.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 02:38 PM
  #52
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,223
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Best episode so far last night, my only complaints are that Ammel (improving though I think), the lady playing Laurel, and the lady playing his sister (especially her) need to improve their acting skills asap.
Katie Cassidy is probably the best actress on the show, but I agree that she hasn't done much here yet. I think that has a lot to do with the stiffness of Amell and the actor who plays her father.

The acting is clearly the weakest link, but I'm still enjoying it.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 05:44 PM
  #53
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Katie Cassidy is probably the best actress on the show, but I agree that she hasn't done much here yet. I think that has a lot to do with the stiffness of Amell and the actor who plays her father.

The acting is clearly the weakest link, but I'm still enjoying it.
Really? I haven't seen her in any other show, but I think that the actress playing Oliver's mother is by far the best actress on the show.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 09:23 PM
  #54
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,674
vCash: 500
The action parts were the best part of the new episode, along with perhaps Oliver finding someone other like him but the dram elements like Laurel and Merlyn going on date (though it did serve a purpose) were soooo boring and at times cringe worthy. IIRC, Laurel's cop father is actually British which may explain his accent and whole demeanor sounding a bit "off". Is Helena an actual character from the comics?

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 10:03 PM
  #55
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
The action parts were the best part of the new episode, along with perhaps Oliver finding someone other like him but the dram elements like Laurel and Merlyn going on date (though it did serve a purpose) were soooo boring and at times cringe worthy. IIRC, Laurel's cop father is actually British which may explain his accent and whole demeanor sounding a bit "off". Is Helena an actual character from the comics?
Yes, she is the character known as "The Huntress" (She will become that hero in the next episode). Her story in the show is fairly similar to her story in the comics, the only major difference being that her comic-book counterpart grew up in Gotham City.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 09:56 PM
  #56
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,674
vCash: 500
Decent episode, once again the action parts worked but the soap opera bits are a bit cringeworthy at times. I want to see more of that tech support girl, Elisabeth. So awkward... Is Kelly Hu's character inthe comics? Always glad to see her, I really liked that Sammo Hung's show she was on.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:13 PM
  #57
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Decent episode, once again the action parts worked but the soap opera bits are a bit cringeworthy at times. I want to see more of that tech support girl, Elisabeth. So awkward... Is Kelly Hu's character inthe comics? Always glad to see her, I really liked that Sammo Hung's show she was on.
Yep. http://www.comicvine.com/china-white/29-59082/

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:37 AM
  #58
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,590
vCash: 500
Really like this show, it's good to see.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:56 AM
  #59
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,889
vCash: 500
After some thought, I definitely think Starling City is less ridiculous then Star City.

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:18 PM
  #60
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,674
vCash: 500
Another good episode but couple of things still bug me a little bit. The romance stuff between Laurel and Merlyn and Captain Jack Harkness suddenly becoming übermarksman with a bow and arrow and fighter. If the's the character The Archer, he's definitely different than in Smallville and I assume in the comics as well?

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:18 PM
  #61
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Another good episode but couple of things still bug me a little bit. The romance stuff between Laurel and Merlyn and Captain Jack Harkness suddenly becoming übermarksman with a bow and arrow and fighter. If the's the character The Archer, he's definitely different than in Smallville and I assume in the comics as well?
The character on Smallville wasn't necessarily the dark archer, he was however based on him though. Arrow's version of the character is fairly similar to his comic-book counterpart.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:43 AM
  #62
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,267
vCash: 500
Great episode on Wednesday. Show is becoming a lot better than when it first started

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 12:47 PM
  #63
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,052
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'm glad the flashbacks came back last episode. I enjoy that kind of thing.

There are some new shows this year and coming early next year that look really promising. A few shows I watch now are on final seasons or last legs so I like having something new fill that void.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 01:51 PM
  #64
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,674
vCash: 500
Returns tonight.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:10 PM
  #65
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,674
vCash: 500
Ok episode. I was afraid Oliver would go emo for too long but luckily that didn't last too long. Laurel's detective dad, here I was hoping he'd start a "partnership" of sorts with Oliver's alter ego but he's turning out to be quite the dick.


Last edited by Jussi: 01-18-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:30 AM
  #66
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,694
vCash: 500
Agreed, he didn't pull a Toby Maguire that's a great thing..

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:48 PM
  #67
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,674
vCash: 500
Damn, even Ben Browder made an appearance in the latest episode. Waiting for Michael Shanks to appear to get Stargate covered since we got Torchwood/Dr Who and Farscape alrady covered. Decent episode again but I still feel like fastforwarding the Tommy/Laurel bits... Needs more of that IT girl. The flashbacks are finally getting interesting.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
  #68
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,674
vCash: 500
The Count was probably the cheesiest villain so far, almost like a Joker copy. Seems we might see him again in the future. Other than that, a good episode. I'm hoping Oliver "recruits" that IT girl, even though she's very likely to accidentally blurt out his identity. Nice to see Janina Gavankar again with True Blood still on break.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:07 PM
  #69
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,357
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
The Count was probably the cheesiest villain so far, almost like a Joker copy. Seems we might see him again in the future. Other than that, a good episode. I'm hoping Oliver "recruits" that IT girl, even though she's very likely to accidentally blurt out his identity. Nice to see Janina Gavankar again with True Blood still on break.
IT girl is hot.

hope that vertigo isnt permanent.

Island sidestory is interesting

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:33 AM
  #70
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
The Count was probably the cheesiest villain so far, almost like a Joker copy. Seems we might see him again in the future. Other than that, a good episode. I'm hoping Oliver "recruits" that IT girl, even though she's very likely to accidentally blurt out his identity. Nice to see Janina Gavankar again with True Blood still on break.
that's what i thought as well when I saw the count lol.

Im curious if they are going to do something with that IT character...seems original?

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:21 PM
  #71
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?
 
RobBrown4PM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,082
vCash: 500
I don't watch the show, but as a massive John Barrowman fan, I wanted to know some fans thoughts on his character and acting so far.

RobBrown4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:44 PM
  #72
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,769
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
I don't watch the show, but as a massive John Barrowman fan, I wanted to know some fans thoughts on his character and acting so far.
Hasn't really gotten to do much.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
  #73
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,267
vCash: 500
This show is actually getting pretty good. Amells acting has come a long way

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:02 PM
  #74
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,889
vCash: 500
1) Green Arrow has been shot at like a million times by bullets and they've all missed.

2) Amell hasn't been bad, but I actually think the green arrow actor (Hartley) from Smallville would've been a better choice. I know this show is more darker/grittier then Smallville was, but Hartley brought so much more charisma and...idk, he was just more entertaining. Though he's probably too old for the role now. They said Oliver is like 27 on the show, right?

3) IT girl is basically Chloe Sullivan

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
  #75
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: My House, Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,357
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
1) Green Arrow has been shot at like a million times by bullets and they've all missed.

2) Amell hasn't been bad, but I actually think the green arrow actor (Hartley) from Smallville would've been a better choice. I know this show is more darker/grittier then Smallville was, but Hartley brought so much more charisma and...idk, he was just more entertaining. Though he's probably too old for the role now. They said Oliver is like 27 on the show, right?

3) IT girl is basically Chloe Sullivan
same with every super hero

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.