HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Yzerman/Fedorov vs. Sakic/Forsberg vs. Crosby/Malkin

View Poll Results: best duo ?
Yzerman/Fedorov 79 25.99%
Sakic/Forsberg 119 39.14%
Crosby/Malkin 106 34.87%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
gasp

vCash: 500
Yzerman/Fedorov vs. Sakic/Forsberg vs. Crosby/Malkin

which is the best duo?

gasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:40 PM
The Nose

Yzerman/Federov

Two of the greatest players ever. Played exceptionally both offensively and defensively. Proven winners.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Yzerman
Sakic
Forsberg
Federov
Crosby
Malkin

Colorado barely edges out the win because of Foppas physical dominance over the other contestants. Also, no i am not underrating Crosby or Malkin.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 09:55 PM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

Fun fact: Steve Yzerman is the only player listed here who hasn't won a Hart Trophy. (But he does have the highest single season point total at 155).

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 10:48 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Yzerman
Sakic
Forsberg
Federov
Crosby
Malkin

Colorado barely edges out the win because of Foppas physical dominance over the other contestants. Also, no i am not underrating Crosby or Malkin.
I believe you are if you actually think Fedorov was better than either of them.

bambamcam4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Playerwinner

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
Not to mention his Forsberg > Crosby..

Playerwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:16 PM
illpucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
lol Peak Federov >>>>>>>>> Crosby or Malkin

illpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Falcons93

Quote:

Yzerman - 1 Conn Smythe, 1 Pearson, 1 Selke, NHL First All-Star team 1 time.
Sakic - 1 Hart, 1 Conn Smythe, 1 Pearson, NHL First All-Star team 3 times.
Forsberg - 1 Art Ross, 1 Hart, Calder, NHL First All-Star team 3 times.
Federov - 1 Hart, 1 Pearson, 2 Selkes, NHL First All-Star team 1 time.
Crosby - 1 Richard, 1 Hart, 1 Art Ross, 1 Pearson, NHL First All-Star team 1 time.
Malkin - 2 Art Rosses, 1 Hart, Calder, 1 Conn Smythe, 1 Pearson (Lindsay), NHL First All-Star team 3 times.

Yes, you really are underrating Crosby and Malkin. They're clearly the best of the 6 players and it's not even debatable (hence why this poll shouldn't even exist). They have similar or better resumes (Malkin), and are still in their primes/not halfway through their careers. To top things off, their point production is higher than the other 4 players in relation to the rest of the league through the first seasons of their careers. Forsberg's "physical dominance" couldn't even pot him over 30 goals once in his entire career. Crosby and Malkin haven't scored less than 30 in any season they've been healthy. Hell, Crosby missed half of a season two years ago and still scored 32 (which is higher than Forsberg's career high - there isn't that much of a difference in the average goals per game in both seasons being compared as well). Crosby and Malkin should be compared to Jagr (who is a tier above Sakic/Yzerman who are a tier above Forsberg/Fedorov) when their careers are over.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:07 AM
nowhereman

Quote:
Yzerman
Sakic
Forsberg
Federov
Crosby
Malkin

Uh, Crosby should be at the top of your list. Since he's not, you're underrating him. We're talking about a player who, if healthy, would have more hardware than an entire HHOF first ballot. He and Malkin are the two most decorated players on this list and they're both just entering their primes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illpucks View Post
lol Peak Federov >>>>>>>>> Crosby or Malkin

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:12 AM
illpucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Uh, Crosby should be at the top of your list. Since he's not, you're underrating him. We're talking about a player who, if healthy, would have more hardware than an entire HHOF first ballot.

laugh all you want but Federov was far better in his prime then either Crosby or Malkin. I understand how people new to hockey say Crosby and Malkin are the best as they never watched hockey when people like Sakic or Federov were in there prime.

illpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:13 AM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Yes, you really are underrating Crosby and Malkin. They're clearly the best of the 6 players and it's not even debatable (hence why this poll shouldn't even exist). They have similar or better resumes (Malkin), and are still in their primes/not halfway through their careers. To top things off, their point production is higher than the other 4 players in relation to the rest of the league through the first seasons of their careers. Forsberg's "physical dominance" couldn't even pot him over 30 goals once in his entire career. Crosby and Malkin haven't scored less than 30 in any season they've been healthy. Hell, Crosby missed half of a season two years ago and still scored 32 (which is higher than Forsberg's career high - there isn't that much of a difference in the average goals per game in both seasons being compared as well). Crosby and Malkin should be compared to Jagr (who is a tier above Sakic/Yzerman who are a tier above Forsberg/Fedorov) when their careers are over.
That is if they can maintain a long healthy 15-20 year career. I definitely agree with what you're saying and find it silly how some people tend to underrate today's young stars, but one of the prime reason these guys are remembered with such high regard is their longevity. Crosby and Malkin were bigger stars at a younger age, but the other 4 kept it up into their late 30's. There's still the chance that Crosby or Malkin could get Lindros'd or Neely'd and will never reach as high.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Uh, Crosby should be at the top of your list. Since he's not, you're underrating him. We're talking about a player who, if healthy, would have more hardware than an entire HHOF first ballot. He and Malkin are the two most decorated players on this list and they're both just entering their primes.

Federov and Forsberg, ok maybe?
Yzerman and Sakic, no chance. Sid isn't better than them yet.

Quote:
Yzerman - 1 Conn Smythe, 1 Pearson, 1 Selke, NHL First All-Star team 1 time.
Sakic - 1 Hart, 1 Conn Smythe, 1 Pearson, NHL First All-Star team 3 times.
Forsberg - 1 Art Ross, 1 Hart, Calder, NHL First All-Star team 3 times.
Federov - 1 Hart, 1 Pearson, 2 Selkes, NHL First All-Star team 1 time.
Crosby - 1 Richard, 1 Hart, 1 Art Ross, 1 Pearson, NHL First All-Star team 1 time.
Malkin - 2 Art Rosses, 1 Hart, Calder, 1 Conn Smythe, 1 Pearson (Lindsay), NHL First All-Star team 3 times.
While Yzerman/Sakic/Forsberg/Federov were losing Hart/Art Ross/Conn Smythes to the likes of Gretzky/Lemieux/Jagr/Roy, Crosby and Geno were losing them to the likes of Ovechkin/Sedin(s)/Perry/Thornton/old Jagr.

So don't tell me that because there hardware is ever so slightly more impressive that they're better.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:07 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons93 View Post
Yes, you really are underrating Crosby and Malkin. They're clearly the best of the 6 players and it's not even debatable (hence why this poll shouldn't even exist).
Who's underrating who if you're saying that Crosby and Malkin are "clearly" better than and it's "not even debatable" the player who is 6th all time in the NHL in points, and the only player to ever win a Selke and a Hart in the same season?

I can understand saying that they could be comparable but acting like they're far and away superior players? That's a little ridiculous. Why not say they're better than Gretzky/Messier while you're at it?

Last edited by kdfsjljklgjfg: 09-24-2012 at 01:20 AM.
kdfsjljklgjfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Stars and Bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
Fun fact: Steve Yzerman is the only player listed here who hasn't won a Hart Trophy. (But he does have the highest single season point total at 155).
That's what happens when you peak during the primes of both Gretzky and Lemieux.

Stars and Bolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:50 AM
kento19
@kento19

Avs fan here. Sakic and Forsberg are my top two forwards of all time but i still went with crosby and malkin.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
When it's all said and done it will be Crosby and Malkin

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Right now i'd say Sakic and Forsberg but down the road I hope it ends up being Sid and Geno

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Midnight Oil

Crosby and Malkin.

Midnight Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Crosby and Malkin for sure.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:36 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Yzerman/Fedorov

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 10:52 AM
BraveCanadian

Good poll and a real tough call for me.

A lot will depend on if Crosby and Malkin can actually stay healthy enough to be a duo for any significant amount of time.

Lately they have mostly been taking turns.

BraveCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:06 PM
MadLuke

Crosby and Malkin had the better start of all of them.

At this point at their career, Crosby and Malkin (they already have 3 art ross, some harts, conny smyth with the cup, etc...)

They all good debut, but nor art ross material before 20 like Crosby, the only potential generational talent in that list.

But Sakic and Yzerman had good after 26 career, so have to wait for the definitive jugement for sure. But Malkin/Crosby have the upside to be the best one and already had the best start imo.

MadLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLuke View Post
Crosby and Malkin had the better start of all of them.

At this point at their career, Crosby and Malkin (they already have 3 art ross, some harts, conny smyth with the cup, etc...)

They all good debut, but nor art ross material before 20 like Crosby, the only potential generational talent in that list.

But Sakic and Yzerman had good after 26 career, so have to wait for the definitive jugement for sure. But Malkin/Crosby have the upside to be the best one and already had the best start imo.
This is my feeling as well. Crosby, when healthy, is above the rest of his peers by a good margin. I loved the Red Wings during their Yzerman/Federov era, but Crosby is just at a different level. Now, if only Crosby would shut up during this lock out.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
tony d
Summer Camp

Yzerman and Fedorov.

09-24-2012, 01:41 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
Good poll and a real tough call for me.

A lot will depend on if Crosby and Malkin can actually stay healthy enough to be a duo for any significant amount of time.

Lately they have mostly been taking turns.
My thoughts as well. If Crosby/Malkin can actually have a healthy season or two as the best two players in the world, it will be them. But for now, I had to take Sakic and Forsberg

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote