HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXX: Hey, how you doin'? (Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Wang Clan View Post
It won't be a problem when they're in his hands....if you know what I mean
I have no idea what you mean.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

vCash: 500
It's not creepy.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLager View Post
Damn, that's a nice opening. If it was me I would message back something like "You think I'm cute in class? You should see me when I first wake up before I have my coffee, I'm practically a supermodel " and let the flirting ensue.
Oh good line. Thank you. =D

And sorry guys didn't mean to sound pretentious or anything lol. It's just i've never spoken a word to her IRL. Isn't that a bit strange?

Old
11-14-2012, 09:06 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fiend View Post
Well in a moment of weakness I sent Ms. 1400 a message asking her if I somehow knew her outside of our Marketing class (ffs I don't know her IN our Marketing class). Just giving her a very indirect out... it is possible i've met her at party and simply cannot remember.

She replied back "lol no I just think your cute, not to be a creep ass or anything".

Well I think that is creepy lol. The problem is she's hot.

And I know why she has 1400 friends... it's a uh, cough, chest phenomenon if ya know what I mean.
awwwwwww pooooooorrrrrrr yooouuu.

Old
11-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fiend View Post
Oh good line. Thank you. =D

And sorry guys didn't mean to sound pretentious or anything lol. It's just i've never spoken a word to her IRL. Isn't that a bit strange?
It's really not that strange when you think about it. She thought you were cute so she approached you on facebook. Maybe she was too shy to do it in person. I wouldn't put much thought into it, it's the fact that she did it that's important.

Old
11-14-2012, 10:07 PM
awesomo
HARD!

so i finally ended it with my now ex-gf. Long story short basically called her out on her ****.

She said she would like to see me blah blah blah, and i told her no. i dont think being friends will be a good idea.

Old
11-15-2012, 01:19 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
so i finally ended it with my now ex-gf. Long story short basically called her out on her ****.

She said she would like to see me blah blah blah, and i told her no. i dont think being friends will be a good idea.
What happened?

Old
11-15-2012, 01:59 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
What happened?
basically, 2 weeks ago she said she lost her "passion" because she has too much to deal with. But never said she didnt want to stop seeing me.

I kinda knew this was ending soon, but i liked her and for a bit it was okay. then starting last week she became virtually unreachable and on the long weekend was unreachable, only time i heard from her was when she drunk dialed me on sunday.

and i've been trying to call her and text her throughout the weekend, so eventually stopped trying. ignored her for a while. saw her at the gym today (where we first met actually), asked her if she wanted to hang out (of course, she beat around the bush, said no without saying no) and i knew she would. So then i just called her out about how she was too chicken **** to just say she didnt want to date anymore, so i said it for her. And how she has no courtesy to call someone back. Then she pushed back on how she doesnt have to report to me what shes doing and such. And im like **** dude, im not asking you for a sit rep, im asking you to take less than 30 seconds of this "busy" time you have (which she was just spending with friends) to say she can't talk or just call me back when she had time. Like any normal person would.

then she was all like im really sorry, i didnt know you would feel that way (is she ****ing daft) and i want to still see you, you make me so happy when i see you blah blah blah, and i was like i dont think so, dont think we can be friends, and i think you would be a bad friend because you seem to have communication issues (didnt say it like that but thats what i meant). And plus you wont have enough time because youll be too busy getting high or drunk (both which have been an increasing yellow flag issue).

And its not like im not trying to help her, she just isnt letting me in and so it is what it is. im not gonna keep chasing. ive had lots of my friends tell me shes bad news and not to see her anymore. just didnt really listen lol, but always knew in the back of my head since we broke up once before.

i found it really fitting that we ended it at the gym lol since we began there. i dont think she appreciated me mentioning it tho haha

Old
11-15-2012, 11:40 AM
WcRoenick97

Alright guys, got myself in a situation. Met a cutie Sat night out at a bar I frequent, got her number. Texted her Monday to set up grabbing drinks, she agreed. But...ex showed up to same bar on Sat and I went home with her. Dumb, I know. Anyway, when trying to set up a date with new gal later on Monday I don't get a response and get a phone call from ex *****ing me out. I'm like get over it we aren't together and we aren't getting back together. Just my luck ex is friends with new girls roommate and my name was brought up. New girl and ex don't know each other. Anyway still no response from new girl since Monday and I haven't sent anything since. Do I call to try and set something up or am I dead before I could even begin?

Old
11-15-2012, 12:49 PM
StringerBell

If you have no feelings for this girl, which it sounds like you don't, why not just concern yourself with finding a new one and let the situation playout without getting involved?

Old
11-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

I'm a dumbass

Old
11-15-2012, 09:48 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
Alright guys, got myself in a situation. Met a cutie Sat night out at a bar I frequent, got her number. Texted her Monday to set up grabbing drinks, she agreed. But...ex showed up to same bar on Sat and I went home with her. Dumb, I know. Anyway, when trying to set up a date with new gal later on Monday I don't get a response and get a phone call from ex *****ing me out. I'm like get over it we aren't together and we aren't getting back together. Just my luck ex is friends with new girls roommate and my name was brought up. New girl and ex don't know each other. Anyway still no response from new girl since Monday and I haven't sent anything since. Do I call to try and set something up or am I dead before I could even begin?
This story is so confusing. Are the Saturdays you mention the same one? As in, you met the new girl, she left, your ex came to the bar, you had sex later that same night? Then on Monday you said you texted and she agreed to go to drinks but then you said you texted and got no reply.

In any case LuckyLager is speaking sense. If nothing else your ex appears pissed at you and will have already poisoned the well.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Rizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
Here we go again, nobody cares, you're boring now.
Scientific American cares, and so do the people who read the article and you, obviously, as you replied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
You're right. All of my female friends are actually dudes.
Did you read the article? I don't think so, because that isn't what the article claims, not at all.

What it claims based on studies and evidence is basically what I've always claimed in these threads. It's really an interesting read, and essentially mirrors everything I've ever said about the relationship between men and women under the guise of 'friendship'.

Old
11-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
basically, 2 weeks ago she said she lost her "passion" because she has too much to deal with. But never said she didnt want to stop seeing me.

I kinda knew this was ending soon, but i liked her and for a bit it was okay. then starting last week she became virtually unreachable and on the long weekend was unreachable, only time i heard from her was when she drunk dialed me on sunday.

and i've been trying to call her and text her throughout the weekend, so eventually stopped trying. ignored her for a while. saw her at the gym today (where we first met actually), asked her if she wanted to hang out (of course, she beat around the bush, said no without saying no) and i knew she would. So then i just called her out about how she was too chicken **** to just say she didnt want to date anymore, so i said it for her. And how she has no courtesy to call someone back. Then she pushed back on how she doesnt have to report to me what shes doing and such. And im like **** dude, im not asking you for a sit rep, im asking you to take less than 30 seconds of this "busy" time you have (which she was just spending with friends) to say she can't talk or just call me back when she had time. Like any normal person would.

then she was all like im really sorry, i didnt know you would feel that way (is she ****ing daft) and i want to still see you, you make me so happy when i see you blah blah blah, and i was like i dont think so, dont think we can be friends, and i think you would be a bad friend because you seem to have communication issues (didnt say it like that but thats what i meant). And plus you wont have enough time because youll be too busy getting high or drunk (both which have been an increasing yellow flag issue).

And its not like im not trying to help her, she just isnt letting me in and so it is what it is. im not gonna keep chasing. ive had lots of my friends tell me shes bad news and not to see her anymore. just didnt really listen lol, but always knew in the back of my head since we broke up once before.

i found it really fitting that we ended it at the gym lol since we began there. i dont think she appreciated me mentioning it tho haha
You sound like a drama queen.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

**** *****es, get money. #newmotto

Old
11-17-2012, 06:40 PM
M Moulson Ale
Brockoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
**** *****es, get money. #newmotto
I concur.

Old
11-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizer View Post
Scientific American cares, and so do the people who read the article and you, obviously, as you replied.
I mean nobody in the thread cares about your opinions anymore, so I was telling you to stop wasting your time. In case you didn't notice, out of the entire thread only myself and ThirdManIn replied to you

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 11-17-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizer View Post
But nobody was even talking about that. Why do you feel the need to come in and win an argument nobody is having?

Old
11-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
But nobody was even talking about that. Why do you feel the need to come in and win an argument nobody is having?
Because he's Rizer

Old
11-19-2012, 07:06 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

This girl ive been texting lately is quite possbly bipolar. She gave me her number without me even asking for it. remember that.

If i see her during the day, she says text me tonight, so of course when i do she gives me one word responses that make it seem like she doesnt want to talk.

Whenever i either stop texting her or just plain dont she will ask me the next day why i didnt text her back/ at all.

Im thinking of waiting for her to text me first this time

Once again. **** *****es get money

Old
11-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
Sounds like you crossed the streams, bro.

Old
11-19-2012, 07:43 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
This girl ive been texting lately is quite possbly bipolar. She gave me her number without me even asking for it. remember that.

If i see her during the day, she says text me tonight, so of course when i do she gives me one word responses that make it seem like she doesnt want to talk.

Whenever i either stop texting her or just plain dont she will ask me the next day why i didnt text her back/ at all.

Im thinking of waiting for her to text me first this time

Once again. **** *****es get money
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you/her? Makes a big difference on how you might wanna play it.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:09 PM
yoplait

vCash: 450
what's a good idea for a second date? The first date was getting coffee and went well!

Old
11-19-2012, 08:51 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you/her? Makes a big difference on how you might wanna play it.
Both 19. In uni together

Old
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM
nightfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoplait View Post
what's a good idea for a second date? The first date was getting coffee and went well!
Did you pick up on any likes/dislikes of hers or hobbies and interests? Pick one and go from there.

Closed Thread