HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXX: Hey, how you doin'? (Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2012, 06:32 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
No offense bro, but I would dump the ****.

Not. Worth. It.

On the other hand, there seems to be a lack of communication going on. I know if I had a girlfriend, I would definitely know when her one day off a week was (and I would probably leave it open for the most part, unless it was something important). That could definitely be a **** up on your part, especially if this has been a trend.

Old
11-20-2012, 06:33 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Double standard for sure. You should try to make plans with her during your free time, but that doesn't mean you can't have other plans sometimes. I used to date a girl who would get kind of pissy whenever I would be too busy to hang out during the week, but every weekend she would go to her parents' house an hour away. She only drove out here to see me on the weekends a couple of times. If I saw her I had to drive out there.

But she never got mad at me. She just would get kind of annoyed, and then get over it.

11-20-2012, 06:35 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
I figured I'd post this hear rather then making a new thread, but here is something some of my buddies and I were talking about earlier today and I thought I would throw it out to all of you fine people on these here forums; what is the most heartbreaking thing a girl has ever said to you?

This is from my ex. We met at work and after some great times, things went VERY bad. "I want you to know that I am quitting. And I also want you to know that you were a terrible boyfriend. I can't believe we were together for so long. You are a pathetic ****ing loser. Enjoy working at the gym for the rest of your life, *******."
That's when you just don't respond at all. Let her be the petty one.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:02 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
My girlfriend and I were together for five and a half years before we called it quits. I missed her very much for a long time after that and I know she felt the same for me... so we started talking again and decided to give it another shot.

Well, I'm in the same position I was in before we got back together. I'm always tempted by other women. It's not that I don't love my girlfriend. . . I still feel very strongly about her. However, if I know a woman is DTF in a no-strings fashion, I'd most likely hop on the chance.

It makes me feel very bad about myself. At the same time, I don't even want to be single, I want to be with my gf.

Don't even know what to do. And I'm not exactly young either... I'm mid-20s.
Quote:
I would feel like ****, not only about myself, but for my gf if I happened to cheat on her. The thoughts of wanting to do it is enough to shake me.
IIRC you're in law school, yeah? You're a smart dude. Allowing yourself to be fully directed by your animal sex drive is pretty weak and weak-minded. If you're not cut out for monogamy then have your fun but don't drag someone else into it by "loving" her while you're ****ing any cute girl who gives you a chub.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:49 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
IIRC you're in law school, yeah? You're a smart dude. Allowing yourself to be fully directed by your animal sex drive is pretty weak and weak-minded. If you're not cut out for monogamy then have your fun but don't drag someone else into it by "loving" her while you're ****ing any cute girl who gives you a chub.
Well put.

I would say it isn't about the sex though. Getting to know someone and eventually leading up to sex is an incredible feeling; almost like a whirlwind of positive emotions.

Old
11-20-2012, 10:57 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
I would say it isn't about the sex though. Getting to know someone and eventually leading up to sex is an incredible feeling; almost like a whirlwind of positive emotions.
You mean it isn't all about the sex. It's still about the "leading up" to the deed though, meaning the sex is an essential part of it.

Old
11-20-2012, 11:11 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
You mean it isn't all about the sex. It's still about the "leading up" to the deed though, meaning the sex is an essential part of it.
Or he just likes getting his ego stroked by having girls show interest in him, so he chases it to boost an inflated sense of selfdom. Not saying that's the necessarily the case here, but...

Old
11-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

what does it mean that every girl who is into me is a single, or rather, not so single mom?

Old
11-21-2012, 03:08 AM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
what does it mean that every girl who is into me is a single, or rather, not so single mom?
You probably seem like a sucker if that is the case. A lot (not all) single moms have "someone who can easily and without stress fulfill the father role" overtake anything else in their list of What to Look For in a Man.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:27 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dayvan Cowboy View Post
You probably seem like a sucker if that is the case. A lot (not all) single moms have "someone who can easily and without stress fulfill the father role" overtake anything else in their list of What to Look For in a Man.
The only father role these girls are looking for is a "who's your daddy" role. Not that I am opposed, it just seems to be a strange demographic to be a studmuffin to

Old
11-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
My girlfriend and I were together for five and a half years before we called it quits. I missed her very much for a long time after that and I know she felt the same for me... so we started talking again and decided to give it another shot.

Well, I'm in the same position I was in before we got back together. I'm always tempted by other women. It's not that I don't love my girlfriend. . . I still feel very strongly about her. However, if I know a woman is DTF in a no-strings fashion, I'd most likely hop on the chance.

It makes me feel very bad about myself. At the same time, I don't even want to be single, I want to be with my gf.

Don't even know what to do. And I'm not exactly young either... I'm mid-20s.
Based on you post im guessing you werent one of Rizers critics regarding the right and wrong treatment of women

Old
11-21-2012, 08:27 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
This is from my ex. We met at work and after some great times, things went VERY bad. "I want you to know that I am quitting. And I also want you to know that you were a terrible boyfriend. I can't believe we were together for so long. You are a pathetic ****ing loser. Enjoy working at the gym for the rest of your life, *******."
My ex sent me a long, nasty email detailing how wonderful her life was becoming, how wrong I was to let her go, how my flaws would stop me from finding anyone else and that I would always be alone.

This was after I had met and gotten together with my now-fiance, though, so I could see right through her bitterness & craziness. I laughed it off, then replied to her that I would never have sent her such an email, have a good life, and to never contact me again.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:08 AM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Double standard for sure. You should try to make plans with her during your free time, but that doesn't mean you can't have other plans sometimes. I used to date a girl who would get kind of pissy whenever I would be too busy to hang out during the week, but every weekend she would go to her parents' house an hour away. She only drove out here to see me on the weekends a couple of times. If I saw her I had to drive out there.

But she never got mad at me. She just would get kind of annoyed, and then get over it.
of course i broke down and apologized, even though I thought I wasn't in the wrong..

and now she's wanting me to delete all my exes off facebook.. I simply can't honor this request. It's petty to delete them now and would just look bad on my part. they are happy. i am ... well yea you get the point.

how do I say no to this request?

Old
11-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
of course i broke down and apologized, even though I thought I wasn't in the wrong..

and now she's wanting me to delete all my exes off facebook.. I simply can't honor this request. It's petty to delete them now and would just look bad on my part. they are happy. i am ... well yea you get the point.

"No."

Old
11-21-2012, 09:16 AM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
"No."
lol.. I wish it were that easy. she's going to be furious.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:

If you love her you will comply with this request.

Then you need to put your balls in her purse and learn to walk on egg shells for the rest of your life.

True love....

Old
11-21-2012, 09:34 AM
nightfighter

Quote:

Why are you worried about it being "petty" or looking bad? Do you talk to your exes alot still? Regardless, your present life now and your girlfriend now should be the priority. People get unfriended all the time on facebook. It's no big deal.

I had a similar situation with a girlfriend a few years back. I had one ex that I was still friends with and talked to on a semi-regular basis on facebook. My then girlfriend was extremely jealous of her, even after we talked about it. She couldn't explain the jealousy but it made her unhappy. I didn't want to delete her because the ex was the only one that ended amicably and I was also worried about how it might look.

In the end, I deleted the ex because it was causing my CURRENT girlfriend and CURRENT life strife. And you know what? Nothing happened after I deleted the ex. She didn't email me demanding an explanation. Mutual friends didn't give me disapproving looks or even ask me about it. My girlfriend was happier and I was happier. At the end of the day, your ex is your past and you have to do what is best for you moving forward.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:03 AM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

I don't understand it. Guys all around just have to fold up shop and tell the girl they are right every single day of the week even if they want to kill jews or something.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:10 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Why are you worried about it being "petty" or looking bad? Do you talk to your exes alot still? Regardless, your present life now and your girlfriend now should be the priority. People get unfriended all the time on facebook. It's no big deal.

I had a similar situation with a girlfriend a few years back. I had one ex that I was still friends with and talked to on a semi-regular basis on facebook. My then girlfriend was extremely jealous of her, even after we talked about it. She couldn't explain the jealousy but it made her unhappy. I didn't want to delete her because the ex was the only one that ended amicably and I was also worried about how it might look.

In the end, I deleted the ex because it was causing my CURRENT girlfriend and CURRENT life strife. And you know what? Nothing happened after I deleted the ex. She didn't email me demanding an explanation. Mutual friends didn't give me disapproving looks or even ask me about it. My girlfriend was happier and I was happier. At the end of the day, your ex is your past and you have to do what is best for you moving forward.
Seriously.

If you can't meet a woman's demands about something as stupid as Facebook, you are in for a forever alone life. Not to mention, I highly doubt these exes are of any significant value, so whats the point?

Old
11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
I don't understand it. Guys all around just have to fold up shop and tell the girl they are right every single day of the week even if they want to kill jews or something.
Because women hold all the power...

Old
11-21-2012, 10:19 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Seriously.

If you can't meet a woman's demands about something as stupid as Facebook, you are in for a forever alone life. Not to mention, I highly doubt these exes are of any significant value, so whats the point?
Did you guys read the previous post? This girl is a jealous attention *****. Yeah Fb is something stupid to ruin a good relationship over but this girl is bat **** crazy.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Did you guys read the previous post?
No, only the one making a big deal about Facebook. Because I would assume, if she was terrible, he would have gotten rid of her before that point.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:24 AM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Did you guys read the previous post? This girl is a jealous attention *****. Yeah Fb is something stupid to ruin a good relationship over but this girl is bat **** crazy.
it's just so super stressful. I just wish she would relax.

Old
11-21-2012, 10:33 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
Lots of other girls out there. You are under no obligation whatsoever to knuckle under to any particular girl. If you're genuinely unhappy with this girl, dump her and find someone better.

Old
11-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Seriously.

I loled. Only because i cant believe you are serious.

Closed Thread