HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXX: Hey, how you doin'? (Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
First one I've been in, but tbh, doesn't feel like much has changed at all since we were good friends before. Just get to see each other in person more now.
That's exactly how things should (and do) begin. Take it slow - things will come naturally.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:52 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
So you're looking for more than a fwb with her? Not a good idea. The age difference means nothing if you're looking to get laid, but for anything more, it usually causes a ton of problems. Not to mention a majority of people that age aren't ready to settle.
Tons of problems? Whether age difference makes a difference is a case by case situation. It's more likely to work out with an older male and a younger female but beyond that 21-27 isn't that big of a gap depending on the people and what stage of life are they in. Does the 21 year old live with parents...are they in college or have they been working and living alone for a couple years, etc.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
First one I've been in, but tbh, doesn't feel like much has changed at all since we were good friends before. Just get to see each other in person more now.
Congrads! Why no HC?

Regardless, it's upto you to make the first physical contact. You need to start making out and ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Tons of problems? Whether age difference makes a difference is a case by case situation. It's more likely to work out with an older male and a younger female but beyond that 21-27 isn't that big of a gap depending on the people and what stage of life are they in. Does the 21 year old live with parents...are they in college or have they been working and living alone for a couple years, etc.
Of course there's exceptions to the rule. Perhaps she's different, but it Hardly ever works out with my friends who are in their late 20s dating girls who just turned 21.

Last edited by Dubi Doo: 10-03-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old
10-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Slopo

I'm the guy who kept locking eyes with a girl in class.

Got her number now. See where it goes.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:05 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Here's a question, what is the facebook 'poking' etiquette with the opposite sex?

If I poke my friends gf is that okay?
Can you poke an aunt?

(this sounds dirtier than it should...)

Old
10-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Here's a question, what is the facebook 'poking' etiquette with the opposite sex?

Can you poke an aunt?

Great question.

When I was a youngbuck in college I would poke girls all the time. Some of them would poke back. Then we'd get in poking wars. One of them had a boyfriend and said she didn't want to continue it (it can offend people in relationships).

A few of them did it for kicks and giggles. Dumb. I know, but we were freshman in college, and facebook was fresh and new.

A few girls were dtf, though. If I had any kind of game back then I could've gotten laid from poking and messaging a girl on campus. Sad, but true, haha

Old
10-03-2012, 11:36 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopo View Post
I'm the guy who kept locking eyes with a girl in class.

Got her number now. See where it goes.
How did you do it

Old
10-03-2012, 11:37 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:

Can you poke an aunt?

what in the **** is this world coming to?

Old
10-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post

what in the **** is this world coming to?
How old are you?

I don't mean that in an offensive way. I just wonder, because a lot of college students under the age of 24 have been hooked on facebook at some point in their life.

When I was a freshman in college (fall of 06) everyone on campus had an account. There's a reason why facebook generates billions of dollars.

Things like this were common when I first started facebook. Now I use it sparingly. It's still good for keeping up with long distant relatives and college friends.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:

Can you poke an aunt?

Meh, only do it if you know the guy won't get offended. Some people get hung up over stuff like this and it leads to places you didn't want to go.

Old
10-03-2012, 05:24 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:

Can you poke an aunt?

I would never poke a girl that I would not be willing to have sex with, but that's just me.

I would never, ever poke a friend's gf, and I would not appreciate it if one of my friends did it to mine.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
Old
10-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Asked a girl out today. Said no.

Well, not exactly. She wanted to say no, but she didn't want to....if you know what I mean. Said she "felt awkward" and "didn't know what to say". Then she apologized.

I was like "hey listen if you don't want to, you don't have to, we'll just be friends, it's fine." She seemed to calm down after that.

I got rejected and I was trying to make her feel better. I took it better than she did

Old
10-03-2012, 07:15 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Is it a bad idea to text the girl I like and try to meet her in private? I feel ready to ask her out (IT'S A MIRACLE!) but she's always surrounded by girls. What should I do?

Old
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Congrads! Why no HC?

Regardless, it's upto you to make the first physical contact. You need to start making out and ish.
Both of us thought it was just a waste of time and haven't exactly had good experiences there either.

That's just not me tbh (or her). Dunno, I'll see how it goes.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Is it a bad idea to text the girl I like and try to meet her in private? I feel ready to ask her out (IT'S A MIRACLE!) but she's always surrounded by girls. What should I do?
Few choices.

1. Text her like you said. She may or may not be the rare girl who takes this completely the wrong way. Money's on her not being that, obviously.

2. Ask her out even if her friends are right there next to her (trust me, it's nowhere near as awkward or scary as you might think - once you determine that you're going to do it, you barely notice the friends are even there).

3. Ask in person if you can talk to her in private, away from her friends.

4. Get lucky and see her somewhere where her friends aren't with her.

It doesn't ultimately matter that much. Any way is fine, and if she likes you back she'll be fine with any of the four.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Gillumin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
If I were you I`d walk right up to her whether friends are there or not and ask her. If you do it right, she`ll know you have balls and will instantly hold you in higher regard.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Both of us thought it was just a waste of time and haven't exactly had good experiences there either.

That's just not me tbh (or her). Dunno, I'll see how it goes.
Yeah, high school dances are lame. It's just a massive grindfest. Not that some people don't like that stuff. Personally, I'd rather just talk to and get to know the girl I was with. Grinding is just a tease - do the real thing or don't bother. My take, anyway

Old
10-03-2012, 07:33 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Yeah, high school dances are lame. It's just a massive grindfest. Not that some people don't like that stuff. Personally, I'd rather just talk to and get to know the girl I was with. Grinding is just a tease - do the real thing or don't bother. My take, anyway
That's exactly what I've heard.

It's kinda confusing atm, b/c I havent actually asked her out yet but we've talked it out and stuff. Just really, really confusing.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
That's exactly what I've heard.

It's kinda confusing atm, b/c I havent actually asked her out yet but we've talked it out and stuff. Just really, really confusing.
Heh, sounds like a typical beginning of a relationship in high school.

Don't worry about it too much, things will smooth themselves over with a bit of time spent together. Trust me, you'll know what to do.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Heh, sounds like a typical beginning of a relationship in high school.

Don't worry about it too much, things will smooth themselves over with a bit of time spent together. Trust me, you'll know what to do.
I think my friends are more excited than I am.

Thanks for all the help, haven't got much out of here with how young I am compared to everyone, so it's nice to not get the usual advice.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
I think my friends are more excited than I am.

Thanks for all the help, haven't got much out of here with how young I am compared to everyone, so it's nice to not get the usual advice.
Hahaha.

No problem, glad to help.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:35 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
How old are you?

I don't mean that in an offensive way. I just wonder, because a lot of college students under the age of 24 have been hooked on facebook at some point in their life.

When I was a freshman in college (fall of 06) everyone on campus had an account. There's a reason why facebook generates billions of dollars.

Things like this were common when I first started facebook. Now I use it sparingly. It's still good for keeping up with long distant relatives and college friends.
Marty's right. It's more meta-life that our generation seems to love so much. I get that it's a way of flirting or whatever but wtf is that guy asking if he should or shouldn't poke his friend's gf? It's suggestively labeled a "poke" for a reason.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Marty's right. It's more meta-life that our generation seems to love so much. I get that it's a way of flirting or whatever but wtf is that guy asking if he should or shouldn't poke his friend's gf? It's suggestively labeled a "poke" for a reason.

Gotcha.

And I agree 100%. It's a form of flirting. A lame way, but still suggestive.

Old
10-04-2012, 08:47 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
How old are you?

im 28. I also live with my amazing gf in a luxury apartment, so please know I only stop in this thread for ****s and giggles…you should take my posts with a big grain of salt and some sort of troll vaccine. and I hear what youre saying, but don’t be naive. when my age group wasn’t addicted to facebook, they were addicted to myspace. same exact ****. and btw-yes, everyone says the same thing- keep in touch with distant people. suddenly we all uprooted, became nomads, and spread out. I think it has a lot more to do with a literal addiction, in every sense of the word. but that’s really besides the point.

it just seems that social media creates a lot of these ‘girl problems’ that youre all trying to avoid. same with texting ambiguous messages back and forth. that shiny new iphone (I have the 4s myself, I admit) also makes phone calls.

Old
10-04-2012, 11:40 PM
DeflatedFootball7

At the advice of you guys/my roommate, I'm going to try and take a walk with this girl tomorrow and ask her to dinner and a movie.

I definitely did what I shouldn't and put this girl on a pedestal. I hold her in way too high of a regard, so I hope I can control my own reaction if she says no...

Closed Thread