HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Detroit Red Wings Prospect #29

View Poll Results: Who is #29?
Rasmus Bodin 12 26.09%
Willie Coetzee 4 8.70%
Gleason Fournier 2 4.35%
James De Haas 5 10.87%
Philippe Hudon 2 4.35%
Mike "Don't Call Me Philippe Hudon" McKee 5 10.87%
Andrej Nestrasil 9 19.57%
Francis Paré 1 2.17%
Trevor Parkes 5 10.87%
Brent Raedeke 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2012, 04:57 AM
  #1
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,142
vCash: 515
Detroit Red Wings Prospect #29

1.) Brendan Smith - D, 6'1" 198 lbs: Mimico, ON, CAN 72.73%
2.) Gustav Nyquist - RW/LW, 5'11" 185 lbs: Halmstad, SWE 68.75%
3.) Calle Järnkrok - C, 6'0" 183 lbs: Gävle, SWE 72.73%
4.) TomᚠTatar - LW/RW, 5'10" 186 lbs: Ilava, SVK 44.44%
5.) Tomas Jurco - RW, 6'2" 187 lbs: Kosice, SVK 65.85%
6.) Riley Sheahan - C, 6'2" 223 lbs: St. Catharines, ON, CAN 27.78%
7.) Teemu Pulkkinen - RW, 5'10" 198 lbs: Vantaa, FIN 35.92%
8.) Xavier Ouellet - D, 6'1" 190 lbs: Bayonne, FRA 45.24%
9.) Ryan Sproul - D, 6'3" 186 lbs: Mississauga, ON, CAN 45.98%
10.) Petr Mrázek - G, 6'2" 185 lbs: Ostrava, CZE 62.69%
11.) Martin Frk - RW, 6'0" 203 lbs: Bochov, CZE 34.41%
12.) Marek Tvrdoň - LW, 6'2" 218 lbs: Nitra, SVK 54.55%
13.) Nick Jensen - D, 6'0" 194 lbs: Rogers, MN, USA 35.53%
14.) Alexei Marchenko - D, 6'02'' 183 lbs: Moscow, RUS 39.02%
15.) Joakim Andersson - C, 6'2" 206 lbs: Munkedal, SWE 52.94%
16.) Mattias Bäckman - D, 6'2" 170 lbs: Linköping, SWE 40.00%
17.) Louis-Marc Aubry - C, 6'4" 205 lbs: Trois-Rivières, QC, CAN 33.87%
18.) Landon Ferraro - C, 6'0 174 lbs: Trail, BC, CAN 38.98%
19.) Adam Almqvist - D, 5'11, 174 lbs: Jönköping, SWE 37.50%
20.) Andreas Athanasiou - LW, 6'1" 181 lbs: Mississauga, ON, CAN 34.43%
21.) Alan Quine - C/LW, 5'11" 188 lbs: Belleville, ON, CAN 41.18%
22.) Brian Lashoff - D, 6'3" 212 lbs: Albany, NY, USA 31.48%
23.) Mitchell Callahan - RW, 6'0" 190 lbs: Whittier, CA, USA 43.18%
24.) Richard Nedomlel - D, 6'4" 225 lbs: Praha, CZE 60.00%
25.) Jake Paterson - G, 6'2" 183 lbs: Mississauga, ON, CAN 54.29%
26.) Max Nicastro - D, 6'3" 209 lbs: Thousand Oaks, CA, USA 28.89%
27.) Ben Marshall - D, 5'9" 179 lbs: St. Paul, MN, USA 34.48%
28.) Thomas McCollum - G, 6'2" 209 lbs: Amherst, NY, USA 25.00%

McCollum wins, Pare is the add


Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 09-24-2012 at 03:39 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 05:58 AM
  #2
ProPAIN
Be realgud!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 10,522
vCash: 500
Went with Coetzee. Impressed in the WHL, has gone through a slow start in the AHL, but he's got skill and skates well. At this point it's players who will never play in the NHL or prospects who just got drafted and it's too early to tell.

I can't vote for Bodin (a part from the size, I have no clue about him) or De Haas. Nestrasil has dropped way down in the rankings. He played for his country at Junior level, but he's struggling to make an impact even in the ECHL.

Hudon pretty much lost a year in his development with his personal issues and dropping out of college. He calls himself a powerforward, so maybe something happens on that front. Pare, Fournier, Parkes and Raedeke are career AHL-ers at this point.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 06:39 AM
  #3
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
I think Parkes will grab a permanent spot in GR after a tough 1st pro season. He only just turned 21, has good physicality, a rh shot and has shown he can score.

ChadS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:44 AM
  #4
The Nose
#BlameTheKids
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,164
vCash: 500
Its a toss up so went with Pare.

You have two Hudons on the poll btw

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
  #5
Frk It
#Snipequist
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Mckee isn't on this poll... and that's who I want to vote for.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 10:12 AM
  #6
WingsMike
Registered Man
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 930
vCash: 738
^Same. Replace 1 Hudon with McKee

WingsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:18 AM
  #7
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 15,427
vCash: 535
Nestrasil

SoupNazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:19 PM
  #8
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Went with Nestrasil. Going to give him another year to get it right.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
  #9
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,436
vCash: 500
Where is mckee ???????????????????????? :@

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 02:49 PM
  #10
Frk It
#Snipequist
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Should probably end up re-doing this poll because I'm sure some votes that have been casted so far would have gone to Mckee if he had been on the ballot.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 03:29 PM
  #11
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 15,427
vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Should probably end up re-doing this poll because I'm sure some votes that have been casted so far would have gone to Mckee if he had been on the ballot.
Or maybe they wouldn't have.

SoupNazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 03:37 PM
  #12
Frk It
#Snipequist
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Or maybe they wouldn't have.
just throwing it out there, no way to know for sure. I mean it is prospect #29 so guess we could just say screw it lol.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 03:41 PM
  #13
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,142
vCash: 515
My bad it is McKee that I left out, I don't know how to edit the poll. So really don't know how to fix it without Mod help.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 09:40 PM
  #14
sarcastro
Moderator
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,240
vCash: 50
Fixed the poll.

If we get enough people saying they wanted McKee I'll fix it further, but with Bodin at 8 I really don't think McKee was going to win anyway.

Voted for De Haas, again. I think I've only voted for like 5 different players because my guys keep getting passed over for 8 rounds.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 10:23 PM
  #15
jaster
glendeningforcaptain
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 500
Sliiiiiiiim pickings at this point. Really don't have much hope at all for anyone left, so I went with the Hakan pick.

Add Pearce!

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 09:46 AM
  #16
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice
 
P U L L H A R D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 23,006
vCash: 420
Who else voted Hudon?!

__________________
Hardly Human
P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:06 AM
  #17
Rzombo4 prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Sliiiiiiiim pickings at this point. Really don't have much hope at all for anyone left, so I went with the Hakan pick.

Add Pearce!
Do we know when he is heading to med school?

Rzombo4 prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:07 AM
  #18
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 500
Sorry boys, would like to hear some explanations from anyone voting Bodin? Playing third tier in Sweden and our very last pick.

If you picked him for his size and physicality, you should be voting for Mckee over him and if its for his liklihood of becoming a fourth liner than someone like Parkes should be getting the vote.

Theres no logic to picking Bodin at this point

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:32 AM
  #19
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 15,427
vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Sorry boys, would like to hear some explanations from anyone voting Bodin? Playing third tier in Sweden and our very last pick.

If you picked him for his size and physicality, you should be voting for Mckee over him and if its for his liklihood of becoming a fourth liner than someone like Parkes should be getting the vote.

Theres no logic to picking Bodin at this point
Why? You say there's no logic to picking Bodin but don't give any logic as to why we should pick McKee or Parkes.

SoupNazi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 10:53 AM
  #20
jaster
glendeningforcaptain
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
Do we know when he is heading to med school?
I haven't heard anything definitive (he probably hasn't even decided for himself), but I would guess he plays this final year of his contract and then calls it quits.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:13 AM
  #21
jaster
glendeningforcaptain
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Sorry boys, would like to hear some explanations from anyone voting Bodin? Playing third tier in Sweden and our very last pick.

If you picked him for his size and physicality, you should be voting for Mckee over him and if its for his liklihood of becoming a fourth liner than someone like Parkes should be getting the vote.

Theres no logic to picking Bodin at this point
I don't expect any of these players to ever see the NHL, so my vote goes to the guy with the highest upside, in the rare event that he actually does get to the NHL. In that case, Bodin > McKee, imo.

That all aside, we're talking about the #29 prospect in our organization. I don't see how anyone can be arguing against a player at this point. I picked Bodin, but I don't think a vote for McKee is some kind of mistake.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:31 AM
  #22
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Why? You say there's no logic to picking Bodin but don't give any logic as to why we should pick McKee or Parkes.
Because Bodin is playing third tier hockey in Sweden and was drafted for his size and physicality basically. Mckee was just picked higher than him for his size and physicality and is already used to North American style of play.

Parkes has played in the AHL as a pretty decent grinder who didnt look terrible last year, professional NA hockey which is somewhere a lot of prospects dont even get to, let alone regular time in the AHL and Bodin is only a decent grinder in third tier Sweden.

I also dont see how Bodin can be percieved as highest upside at all, he projects as nothing but a grinder

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
  #23
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,142
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Because Bodin is playing third tier hockey in Sweden and was drafted for his size and physicality basically. Mckee was just picked higher than him for his size and physicality and is already used to North American style of play.

Parkes has played in the AHL as a pretty decent grinder who didnt look terrible last year, professional NA hockey which is somewhere a lot of prospects dont even get to, let alone regular time in the AHL and Bodin is only a decent grinder in third tier Sweden.

I also dont see how Bodin can be percieved as highest upside at all, he projects as nothing but a grinder
He has better puck skills and offers a lot more from the limited scouting reports I have read on him. There was also recently the idea that like Ericsson he could maybe transition to D. McKee is very rough with the puck, he is a very good fighter and a big man, but not nearly as awesome as some around here are making him out to be. He struggled more than any other player really at the small stuff and drills when reading KuklasKorner. While not always perfect and I have my problems Malik, but I think he showed as a very long range prospect, even if his speed is pretty good for a big man, Bodin's got a more positive review.

Also Bodin doesn't play in the worst situation, he has made HV71 through a try-out and playing in the superelite league which is pretty standard for Swedish draft picks. The fact he already impressed a pro team over there I think speaks volumes. Western doesn't even want McKee a year early.

More to Jaster's point it is hard to make a huge deal one way or the other. I think Bodin winds up a D-man and McKee might have to figure out how to be a winger which is the strange part. Both are long shots, really a big mobile fighter is still Nedomlel's role to lose for me, he used to do it a lot more and I still think he will at the NHL level.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:41 PM
  #24
jaster
glendeningforcaptain
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
I also dont see how Bodin can be percieved as highest upside at all, he projects as nothing but a grinder

I like the idea of him switching to defense and becoming a defensive defenseman, possibly a #4 guy. Might be one in a million, but, like I said, we're at the bottom of the barrel here, who really cares who gets voted #29 or 30 or whatever. Also, he's a Hakan pick, so he gets extra cred there. With McKee, there's just nothing there that impresses or intrigues me.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
  #25
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
He has better puck skills and offers a lot more from the limited scouting reports I have read on him. There was also recently the idea that like Ericsson he could maybe transition to D. McKee is very rough with the puck, he is a very good fighter and a big man, but not nearly as awesome as some around here are making him out to be. He struggled more than any other player really at the small stuff and drills when reading KuklasKorner. While not always perfect and I have my problems Malik, but I think he showed as a very long range prospect, even if his speed is pretty good for a big man, Bodin's got a more positive review.

Also Bodin doesn't play in the worst situation, he has made HV71 through a try-out and playing in the superelite league which is pretty standard for Swedish draft picks. The fact he already impressed a pro team over there I think speaks volumes. Western doesn't even want McKee a year early.

More to Jaster's point it is hard to make a huge deal one way or the other. I think Bodin winds up a D-man and McKee might have to figure out how to be a winger which is the strange part. Both are long shots, really a big mobile fighter is still Nedomlel's role to lose for me, he used to do it a lot more and I still think he will at the NHL level.
For starters, I would like to see these scouting reports on Bodin where they claim he has any puck skills. Like Mckee the offensive side of the game is a huge question mark for him. At least Mckee has a rocket of a shot but regardless, enough hockey hasnt been played to say one or the other has better puck skills. Especially Malik's reports have bias in them.

Both of them are considered very good skaters, especially for their size.

Offensively I dont know how you could argue one over the other cause at this point, no prospect has offensive upside.

Howerver you guys are saying Bodin could switch to defense and use that as reason, when Mckee did just switch to D a couple of years ago and is just learning the position. Somehow you use that in favour of Bodin but not Mckee?

And Bodin has been scratched every game from HV71 hasnt he?

There is no reason to say Bodin is better with the puck and unlike Bodin, Mckee actualy has a niche and role he can fill. Hes one of the toughest NHL prospects and can skate. Evefn if he does have to switch to winger that can get you on a 4th line or used as a 13th forward.

Bodin is a guy who can skate well, and is somewhat physical but doesnt really fill a role yet.

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.