HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

G Eric Comrie (2013, 59th overall, Winnipeg)

Old
07-20-2011, 06:51 PM
zjh
@ZenonHerasymiuk

vCash: 500
G Eric Comrie (2013, 59th overall, Winnipeg)

The Driedger deal today got me thinking of how Eric Comrie will be the next big 16 year old goalie in the WHL. For people that have seen him play a lot, how good will he be? I saw him in the CWG and he was just okay. Some have said he's the next big thing. So I'm asking is he the next Carey Price? Or will he struggle? Is he going to start next year?

zjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 07:19 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjh View Post
The Driedger deal today got me thinking of how Eric Comrie will be the next big 16 year old goalie in the WHL. For people that have seen him play a lot, how good will he be? I saw him in the CWG and he was just okay. Some have said he's the next big thing. So I'm asking is he the next Carey Price? Or will he struggle? Is he going to start next year?
Comrie is a very good goalie and could very well be the next Price...but I think Belanger, Desrosiers, Fucale will also have A LOT to say, those 4 guys will be the top goalies for the draft from the CHL that is not including Husso from Finland but to me Comrie is an amazing goalie, he moves well and has super fast reflexes he just has to tighten up his game because when he moves he leaves holes where he shouldn't but things can probably be fixed with age, he has all the skills to be a great goalie, but the other guys I listed are just as good if not better as well, will be an interesting year for the goalies because all those guys so far are amazing goalies who will fight for there reason to be ranked the top goalie for the draft.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 07:40 PM
R S

vCash: 1000
Haven't seen any of him, but he sounds like he's going to be an elite prospect. For good opinions of him, talk to leoleo.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 08:19 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Is he playing for Canada or United States?

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Shoots and Ladders

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
That what I wanna know hopefully he picks the States

Shoots and Ladders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 01:01 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
I don't think he has American citizenship. He was born in Edmonton. His dad is obviously Canadian and I believe his mother is as well. He's too young to have acquired US citizenship on his own unless one of his parents has already acquired US citizenship. Yes, he's basically a Californian and developed here as a hockey player but I don't think he has any choice but Canada right now, although if he doesn't already have US citizenship, he could certainly acquire it when he turns 18 as he'll still be living/playing in the US. Even then, I'd imagine he'd try to represent Canada first anyway.

07-23-2011, 03:53 PM
HabLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
I don't think he has American citizenship. He was born in Edmonton. His dad is obviously Canadian and I believe his mother is as well. He's too young to have acquired US citizenship on his own unless one of his parents has already acquired US citizenship. Yes, he's basically a Californian and developed here as a hockey player but I don't think he has any choice but Canada right now, although if he doesn't already have US citizenship, he could certainly acquire it when he turns 18 as he'll still be living/playing in the US. Even then, I'd imagine he'd try to represent Canada first anyway.
Well he has lived in Canada for 7 or 8 yrs and in the US for 7 or 8 years.

Comrie played for Canada at the CWG's last year with Team Alberta. They had a very good team and won bronze. It could be argued but Comrie was prob the best goalie at the tournament. Even with that Alberta did not win.

The next tournament for Comrie involving a Canadian team will be the U17 World Challenge this December. I would assume he will be the goalie from Alberta selected for Team Pacific.

A decision may have to be made next summer by the Comrie family, whether to try out for Team USA or Team Canada for the Hlinka tournament.

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 09:51 AM
R S

Big bump here.

Saw him live for the first time this season last night and he was great. Very athletic, plays his angles very well, challenges shooters and made a few dynamite saves in a 3-2 OT loss. He did bobble quite a few pucks that were shot at his hands, so that would be my lone concern from last night.

Everyone knew it, but this kid is a solid prospect and is off to a fantastic start this season. Definitely firming up his spot in the 1st round, in my mind.

Plays a similar style to a guy like Varlamov.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:30 AM
bsmith14

Thanks for the input RS, would you say he is behind Fucale at the moment?

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
Thanks for the input RS, would you say he is behind Fucale at the moment?
Yes, I would. Fucale is still on another tier in my books.

Old
10-18-2012, 08:50 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Big bump here.

Saw him live for the first time this season last night and he was great. Very athletic, plays his angles very well, challenges shooters and made a few dynamite saves in a 3-2 OT loss. He did bobble quite a few pucks that were shot at his hands, so that would be my lone concern from last night.

Everyone knew it, but this kid is a solid prospect and is off to a fantastic start this season. Definitely firming up his spot in the 1st round, in my mind.

Plays a similar style to a guy like Varlamov.
How was his high glove? Because that was one area he was really weak in last season.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:01 PM
R S

Quote:
How was his high glove? Because that was one area he was really weak in last season.
Definitely not as sharp as I would like to see it. Had a couple that went into his mitt and jumped right out.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM
R S

Reports out now that hip surgery will force him out for the year.

Definitely horrible news for a goalie prospect. I have him as a late 1st rounder....maybe this makes him fall to the 3rd or further.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:43 PM
hab 4ever

Quote:

Definitely horrible news for a goalie prospect. I have him as a late 1st rounder....maybe this makes him fall to the 3rd or further.
Sucks given how his half-brother suffered from hip injuries too

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:04 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 107
Quote:

Seriously? Damn. I really like this kid.

Hopefully it doesn't destroy his development.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 666
Awards:
Americans’ Comrie to Miss Remainder of 2012-13 Season:
Quote:
Tri-City Americans Governor/General Manager Bob Tory announced today that 17-year-old starting goaltender, Eric Comrie, will miss the remainder of the 2012-13 season.

After consulting with doctors and family members, Comrie will undergo minor hip surgery on February 5th in Vail, Colorado and will then return to California for his rehabilitation. He is expected to make a full recovery and return to the ice in 3 to 4 months. Comrie, who has been out of the line-up this past week, also had to miss the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, held Wednesday in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Quote:
“I’m really disappointed to be missing the rest of the season, but I know this is what’s best for me long term,” explained Comrie. “It’s a minor procedure and I expect to be back on the ice as quickly as possible. But, more than anything, I’m sad to be leaving my teammates, who’ve become like family.”

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

For a Canadian prospect he sure seems to have a lot of ties to the U.S. Maybe we can steal him away! Never mind-Canada needs all of the goaltending help it needs.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:16 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Sucks for him. He'll still be drafted, but likely not until the 5th round or beyond now. 'Hip surgery' and 'Goalie prospect' don't go well together, least not in one's draft year.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:55 PM
dem

Seeing as Mike Comrie retired due to a bad hip.. its not looking good for Eric.

dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:55 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Worst lost of all of this has to go to Tri-City. He is the backbone of the team and let's just say their other goaler is not nearly as good as Eric.

Old
06-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Akipa
HFB Partner

Definitely one of the better goalies in the draft, although whether or not he will ever play in the big leagues remains to be seen. Top Shelf Prospects has him ranked as their number 35 prospect.

Full Scouting Report: http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/...er-profile-35/

Akipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akipa View Post
Definitely one of the better goalies in the draft, although whether or not he will ever play in the big leagues remains to be seen. Top Shelf Prospects has him ranked as their number 35 prospect.

Full Scouting Report: http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/05/...er-profile-35/
Curious-you (forgive me if you're not affiliated with that service) question his vialbility as a prospect due to his health concerns, but yet you have him rated two spots ahead of a guy like McCoshen who projects as a 15+ year top four type?

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:58 PM
uggstown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Curious-you (forgive me if you're not affiliated with that service) question his vialbility as a prospect due to his health concerns, but yet you have him rated two spots ahead of a guy like McCoshen who projects as a 15+ year top four type?
His hips will be fine. This is a common issue with goalies and with the surgical technology they have these days, most goalies come back stronger. Pekka Rinne just had hip surgery and the reports are that he is well on his way to recovery.

I am sure Comrie showed up to the combine with a stack of medical reports outlining his injury and what the surgeon did to repair it.

My guess is his draft status hasn't changed much.

uggstown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:35 PM
americanscout09

great goalie and yes he is canadian

americanscout09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Comrie is a very talented goalie, at this year's draft I personally would rank him even higher than Fucale

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote