HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Luongo Thread: Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (Mod Warning in OP)

Last one was approaching 1,000 posts. Continue here.

In the spirit of Royal Canuck's music themed entries...

If you're going to come here and tell Canuck fans what Luongo is worth and that they're wrong, word of advice; Don't.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Here I go again on my own

Old
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Pink Floyd...Money!!

Old
11-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Here I go again on my own
Hemsky? Really?

Old
11-07-2012, 12:21 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Holy Diver?

Old
11-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Holy Diver?
LOL...awesome!!

Old
11-07-2012, 12:39 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Old
11-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Question, Leafer, since you're here. If Schneider were on the block. Would you move on trading from Toronto's "untouchable" list? That being guys like Lupul, Gardiner or Rielly. And yes, I would add if it were a package going both ways, so long as our top tier guys weren't involved (Sedin, Kesler, Hamhuis).

Old
11-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Question, Leafer, since you're here. If Schneider were on the block. Would you move on trading from Toronto's "untouchable" list? That being guys like Lupul, Gardiner or Rielly. And yes, I would add if it were a package going both ways, so long as our top tier guys weren't involved (Sedin, Kesler, Hamhuis).
I'll bite on that hook.

There is only one player on the current Leafs' roster that would help the Canucks win the cup now. He's not one of the ones you listed. To move Schneider would require that player coming back in return. Do you know who that player is?

Old
11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
I'll bite on that hook.

There is only one player on the current Leafs' roster that would help the Canucks win the cup now. He's not one of the ones you listed. To move Schneider would require that player coming back in return. Do you know who that player is?
id say Kessel
but guess you'd say Phaneuf

Old
11-07-2012, 02:02 PM
NYVanfan

see what Cherry said on Luo..?
nice to see some non-bashing coming from that realm...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...ckout_fan_590/

"Yes, the Leafs should pursue Luongo, Cherry said, but the analyst doesn’t believe Luonogo – who holds a no-trade clause -- is interested.

“Why would he want to come here and step into the same thing as Vancouver? Every time they lose, it’s his fault. He only took them to the seventh game (of the 2011 Stanley Cup final). How many goaltenders have taken them to the seventh game?” Cherry said. “I don’t think he wants to step into a real hotspot like here. I think he wants to go to Florida because his wife comes from Florida.

“Although, (Toronto) would love to get him, boy,” Cherry added. “I think he’s a dynamite goaltender.” "

Old
11-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
id say Kessel
but guess you'd say Phaneuf
Yes, I would say Phaneuf. However, I must agree that Kessel is a marvelous player too. His speed and quick release force opponents d to back up, creating space for teammates. I just see him as redundant in Vancouver's current roster. (Kesler, Burrows, Booth accomplish the same, especially a healthy Kesler.) Phaneuf, on the other hand, brings a skill-set that none of the current Canucks defense posses. He is Edler and Bieksa mixed together. Big, fast, great shot, mean and plays tough. Could Phaneuf be pried from Toronto for Luongo +?

Old
11-07-2012, 02:11 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
see what Cherry said on Luo..?
nice to see some non-bashing coming from that realm...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...ckout_fan_590/

"Yes, the Leafs should pursue Luongo, Cherry said, but the analyst doesn’t believe Luonogo – who holds a no-trade clause -- is interested.

“Why would he want to come here and step into the same thing as Vancouver? Every time they lose, it’s his fault. He only took them to the seventh game (of the 2011 Stanley Cup final). How many goaltenders have taken them to the seventh game?” Cherry said. “I don’t think he wants to step into a real hotspot like here. I think he wants to go to Florida because his wife comes from Florida.

“Although, (Toronto) would love to get him, boy,” Cherry added. “I think he’s a dynamite goaltender.” "
I don't disagree with Cherry, per se, in that I think Luongo's preferred destination is indeed Florida.

But I think playing in Toronto would be less of an issue for him than some think. He has handled playing in Vancouver (the highs and lows) with a stiff upper lip and hasn't really complained one iota, I think he could handle TO.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:12 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Yes, I would say Phaneuf. However, I must agree that Kessel is a marvelous player too. His speed and quick release force opponents d to back up, creating space for teammates. I just see him as redundant in Vancouver's current roster. (Kesler, Burrows, Booth accomplish the same, especially a healthy Kesler.) Phaneuf, on the other hand, brings a skill-set that none of the current Canucks defense posses. He is Edler and Bieksa mixed together. Big, fast, great shot, mean and plays tough. Could Phaneuf be pried from Toronto for Luongo +?
He's also a massive dick and chemistry killer. Do not want.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
He has handled playing in Vancouver (the highs and lows) with a stiff upper lip

I strongly disagree.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:16 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
I'll bite on that hook.

Based on everything I've read for the past few months, that player would be Clarke MacArthur.

11-07-2012, 02:18 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
I don't disagree with Cherry, per se, in that I think Luongo's preferred destination is indeed Florida.

But I think playing in Toronto would be less of an issue for him than some think. He has handled playing in Vancouver (the highs and lows) with a stiff upper lip and hasn't really complained one iota, I think he could handle TO.
I think what Luongo values absolutely most is the opportunity to play most nights. I think he recognizes that Schneider deserves to play too, so rather than telling Gillis to trade Schneider he's given the Canucks the option of moving himself.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Barney Gumble

lol on Luongo not being able to handle the pressure in Toronto. Jeebus they still revere Belfour in TO - they don't run their good goalies out of town.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
And he's overrated and overpaid.

Considering the Canucks current needs, I'd want Lupul (hoping he can keep up the 60+ point play) or JVR from Toronto as the main piece.
With the signing of Garrison, I don't feel like we need a top 4 d-man.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
11-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
That's not true, but I agree he would be great to get. Who knows, he may even continue rebounding to become the "legit" number 1 dman we really need.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

Quote:

I'd also like to add that I think he has learned from his media mistakes, and has learned how to handle pressure better.

In 2011, it was his first time dealing with the amount of pressure he got (and focus from the media). If he were to be put in a situation like that again, I think he would handle it better.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Alflives

Quote:
How do we, as fans, know that? Perhaps Kesler is of the same ilk? There are rumors about his persona as well. Yet, Kesler is one of the Canucks most valuable players.

Old
11-07-2012, 02:27 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
yeah, i get that
but that is also from our anti-Cgy/TO biased position
i think he would make our blueline quite formidable ...he does play the right side
also he's paid a LOT.
i would do luongo straight up, but dont think id add ...

course then there's this
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ted-NHLer.html

Old
11-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Based on everything I've read for the past few months, that player would be Clarke MacArthur.
Who is Clark MacArthur? Why would you think he is worth Luongo?

Old
11-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I will start by saying i firmly believe Schnieder is going to be a great goalie...BUT, Luongo is the only goalie i am targeting. The price would be WAY to high on Schnieder and rightfully so. I won't use the term "unproven", but i'd prefer the vet. That and without a NTC, there would be a ridiculous bidding war.

Closed Thread