HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 3.0 - Unbelievable++ Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  #451
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,576
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Hey guys, i'm going to buy a Hockeystreams membership to watch Galchenyuk Later.... When i click Preview HQ Streams it works, but then when i click LQ Preview it just does this forever, any ideas?

I've tried Chrome/Firefox/IE Still does it for all of them... It Has happened on other sites before to so i don't think its something wrong with Hockeystreams
I've never seen that before but that little pylon is the icon for VLC Media Player...so you might need to download that. It's free (and a good media player to boot) so just Google it. If you already have VLC, maybe you need to update/reinstall it?

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:47 PM
  #452
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200
 
99GoHabsGo99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlottetown,PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I've never seen that before but that little pylon is the icon for VLC Media Player...so you might need to download that. It's free (and a good media player to boot) so just Google it. If you already have VLC, maybe you need to update/reinstall it?
Yeah, i have VLC installed, and it works perfect, no clue what's going on... ill try reinstalling it, and see if that works


Last edited by 99GoHabsGo99: 10-08-2012 at 01:25 AM.
99GoHabsGo99 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 04:48 PM
  #453
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,576
vCash: 500
Awards:
Friday highlights:

Goal:



Assist:



And the highlights for his 4 point game on Saturday are available here:

http://www.sarniasting.com/video/index/id/1349581817


Last edited by hototogisu: 10-07-2012 at 05:04 PM.
hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 08:19 PM
  #454
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Chucky breakout year
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,520
vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You do see it turning now with Grigo point total and Gally "slow" start.....it might change to sarcasm again if Gally keeps his production.
You misunderstood...If Gally keeps this production level of the last 2 games going it will just lead to more sarcasm/mocking from us of the ''comparison'' that was being made based on a handful of games.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 08:42 PM
  #455
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
People forget that the habs brass would be elated if Galchenyuk develop as 70pts+ 2-way power-forward center like a Jonathan Toews. Forget Crosby, Malkin, Sedin, Thornton or any pure scorer center.

As of right now he is on the right path to do so!
A power forwards records more than 32 hits a season. Gally is not a power-forward.

He look's like a very lite version of Crosby. He's amazing in every aspects. Just way way less than Crosby.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 08:54 PM
  #456
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Gally's second goal at ~3:20 was great, the way he got the puck, cross zone passed it, then crashed the net and found a lane to tap in the pass back

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 08:55 PM
  #457
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,576
vCash: 500
Awards:
Since we're still talking about comparisons, I still think the Marian Hossa comparison is the best one. Strong player (but not a power forward), consistent 70-80 point threat, very good 2-way player. Galchenyuk is definitely grittier than Hossa, but I don't see him putting up 100 points like Hossa did either.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 09:00 PM
  #458
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Since we're still talking about comparisons, I still think the Marian Hossa comparison is the best one. Strong player (but not a power forward), consistent 70-80 point threat, very good 2-way player. Galchenyuk is definitely grittier than Hossa, but I don't see him putting up 100 points like Hossa did either.
Hossa is basically the winger version of Crosby So, yeah pretty much this.

Keep in mind at the time Hossa scored 100 points, the league was at one of his highest scoring in recent history(post lockout.) 7 players broke the 100 point mark. The highest it has been since this year was 3 100 points player.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 09:17 PM
  #459
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
I think a good, best case, type of comparison is Tavares.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 09:22 PM
  #460
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think a good, best case, type of comparison is Tavares.
Tavares is much more of an offensive wizzard than Gally.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 09:45 PM
  #461
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Tavares is much more of an offensive wizzard than Gally.
Perhaps, but I'm mostly referring to their similar size, high skill level, "knack", as well as the fact they are both sort of "half court" types of players.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 10:45 PM
  #462
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Perhaps, but I'm mostly referring to their similar size, high skill level, "knack", as well as the fact they are both sort of "half court" types of players.
Poor comparison IMO. Tavares has a higher skill level but doesn't compete as well as Galchenyuk defensively.

The Toews comparison is a decent one as they play similar styles but Toews is a better skater. There never is an exact comparison but a couple of older ones that I would use are Bernie Federko and Thomas Steen.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 10:45 PM
  #463
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,604
vCash: 500
I disagree with that.

Galchenyuk is a much more explosive, gritty player and has more of that sniper aspect to his game.

Tavares a cerebral player that doesn't have the greatest shot or skating skills, but he's a very cerebral player.

I don't think they are very good comparable at all.

Lebowski is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 10:49 PM
  #464
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
I disagree with that.

Galchenyuk is a much more explosive, gritty player and has more of that sniper aspect to his game.

Tavares a cerebral player that doesn't have the greatest shot or skating skills, but he's a very cerebral player.

I don't think they are very good comparable at all.
Are you kidding???????????

Tavares has a ridiculous shot/release.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 10:52 PM
  #465
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Are you kidding???????????

Tavares has a ridiculous shot/release.
He never struck me as a top notch shooter honestly.

To me, ridiculous release equals guys like Semin, Kovalchuk, A. Kostitsyn, Stamkos.

Tavares is not part of this group. I guess I never really paid attention though. Who would you compare him to, shooting-wise?

Lebowski is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:14 PM
  #466
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Are you kidding???????????

Tavares has a ridiculous shot/release.
Yup, and he's also improved his stride enough where his skating is comparable to Gallys (presently). And they are about the same size.

It's not a perfect comparison, but among centers in the league it's pretty solid (though admittedly not as good as the often tossed around Toews comparison. )

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:16 PM
  #467
HabsPassion
Registered User
 
HabsPassion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
To be honest, I would compare Galchenyuk to Zach Parise + A few inches.

1. Both have Great Leadership Abilities
2. Both are Solid 2-Way Players
3. Both have great vision
4. Solid skating (Galchenyuk is not as explosive, but think he will progress one day to Parise's level).
5. Both seem to be extremely hard-working.

HabsPassion is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:19 PM
  #468
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
He never struck me as a top notch shooter honestly.

To me, ridiculous release equals guys like Semin, Kovalchuk, A. Kostitsyn, Stamkos.

Tavares is not part of this group. I guess I never really paid attention though. Who would you compare him to, shooting-wise?
Tavares has drawn many comparisons to Mike Bossy as he is deadly from below the hash marks. You are correct in saying that he doesn't have the raw shot power of Stamkos and company but it is still very good. It is his accuracy and release that are truly elite.

These comparisons to Bossy were very common when he was with Oshawa/London but he has changed his game to be more of a playmaker at the pro level. I expect him to eventually put up some gawdy goal totals when he learns to be more assertive much like Crosby has.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:19 PM
  #469
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think a good, best case, type of comparison is Tavares.
If you watched Tavares last year, you'd know how dominant he was at times last year. He took over more games last season (in the NHL), than Galchenyuk has in his OHL career.

Tavares vision may be the best in the league and on top of that he has ridiculous hands. Galchenyuk has great vision and top notch hands, but not even close to Tavares' level. Tavares does also have an incredible shot, but he just doesn't use it enough.

I don't see some of these comparisons (Tavares, Toews, Parise, etc.). Maybe in terms of skill sets some may be close, but the way they move around the ice, or how they use that skill sets are completely different. Galchenyuk is an extremely unique player, but if I had to compare him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Since we're still talking about comparisons, I still think the Marian Hossa comparison is the best one. Strong player (but not a power forward), consistent 70-80 point threat, very good 2-way player. Galchenyuk is definitely grittier than Hossa, but I don't see him putting up 100 points like Hossa did either.
This is the best comparison and the best description.

That is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:20 PM
  #470
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPassion View Post
To be honest, I would compare Galchenyuk to Zach Parise + A few inches.

1. Both have Great Leadership Abilities
2. Both are Solid 2-Way Players
3. Both have great vision
4. Solid skating (Galchenyuk is not as explosive, but think he will progress one day to Parise's level).
5. Both seem to be extremely hard-working.
Very astute comparison.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:24 PM
  #471
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
If you watched Tavares last year, you'd know how dominant he was at times last year. He took over more games last season (in the NHL), than Galchenyuk has in his OHL career.

Tavares vision may be the best in the league and on top of that he has ridiculous hands. Galchenyuk has great vision and top notch hands, but not even close to Tavares' level. Tavares does also have an incredible shot, but he just doesn't use it enough.
I'm well aware of how awesome a player Tavares is. It was an absolute ceiling comparison, and anyone who has followed JT will tell you what is most impressive is the development he has made, as he has greatly improved his skating. If Gally can make similar strides, I do think he has similar upside.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:28 PM
  #472
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I'm well aware of how awesome a player Tavares is. It was an absolute ceiling comparison, and anyone who has followed JT will tell you what is most impressive is the development he has made, as he has greatly improved his skating. If Gally can make similar strides, I do think he has similar upside.
Fair enough. I always felt that his skating issues were overblown, but maybe I was just in awe of everything else he could do .

I don't think that Galchenyuk's speed or technique is a problem area in his skating, but it's more of acceleration. He can just blow past people he gets going, but very rarely does he reach that speed.

That is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:32 PM
  #473
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I'm well aware of how awesome a player Tavares is. It was an absolute ceiling comparison, and anyone who has followed JT will tell you what is most impressive is the development he has made, as he has greatly improved his skating. If Gally can make similar strides, I do think he has similar upside.
I disagree that Tavares has greatly improved his skating. He has improved but the truth of the matter is that his skating defficiencies as a teenager were grossly overblown as he was under a microscope for years before he was drafted. He has always been a decent skater but will never be an explosive skater. Every player in the NHL has improved their skating from the time that they were drafted. Tavares is no different but he is not an exceptional example in this case.

Estimated_Prophet is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 11:55 PM
  #474
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I disagree that Tavares has greatly improved his skating. He has improved but the truth of the matter is that his skating defficiencies as a teenager were grossly overblown as he was under a microscope for years before he was drafted. He has always been a decent skater but will never be an explosive skater. Every player in the NHL has improved their skating from the time that they were drafted. Tavares is no different but he is not an exceptional example in this case.
It's your prerogative to disagree, and while I do think he was unfairly having his game picked apart thanks to being under a microscope, the impressive development of his skating is pretty obvious. Not that he's a flyer out there now, but he was able to turn his almost pedestrian skating into something that is now very solid/good.

I think he would even admit as much, as he made the strides after the OHL adjusted to him of sorts, and has continued to develop in that area as he expands his game.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 12:20 AM
  #475
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,298
vCash: 500
Why can't we have a Tavares

Mrb1p is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.