HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 3.0 - Unbelievable++ Edition

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
3-1 win for Sarnia. Galchenyuk played a fantastic game. Finished with 2 assists, and a +2 rating. He instrumental on all 3 Sarnia goals tonight.

Because of the power outage in Sarnia, the first 15 minutes of the game wasn't broadcasted. From what I heard he set up a nice goal from Goldobin. In the second he looked really good. He didn't created offensively until the end but he every solid defensively. He won almost all of his faceoffs too. Looked very engaged physically. His second assist came from a nice breakout and then a good pass to Dundas. In the third he was great. He didn't lose a single draw, which is a huge improvement since the beginning of the season. He had multiple fancy passes and nice dekes. Very engaged and went to the front of the net, he even gave Darnell Nurse a couple of shots. He had a nice sequence of events where he intercepted the down on the PK, blew down the wing, and then took a hard shot that just missed high. He had a good rush at the end of the game too.

Overall, I felt Galchenyuk played a very strong game. He was very good in the faceoff dot. He played a physical game, and kept his feet moving the entire game. He was noticeable every shift. Still waiting for a dominant performance, but today was pretty damn close. He could have had some more points if Nichols wasn't such a stud today. As mentioned, his shot accuracy needs some work. His shot is so powerful and any time he gets it on net the goalie has trouble controlling it.

- Anthony DeAngelo played an awesome game again. He's just oozing with confidence now, he carries the puck well and is making some excellent decisions with it.

- Craig Hottot was a turnover machine today. He made some absolutely terrible decisions with the puck.

- Connor Murphy was playing a quiet, good game until the third period. He tried to do way too much with the puck and even pinched during a 4-on-4, and turned the puck over. It lead to a 2-1 rush with Goldobin being the only man back.

- Speaking of Goldobin, he was very noticeable. He's got some sick mitts. He got too cute with the puck sometimes, but I won't complain, he created a ton of chances.

- Bryan Moore looked great. Crashed the net hard. I'd like to see a Goldobin - Gally - Moore line.

- Top prospect Darnell Nurse had an interesting game. He played less physical than normal, but he slashing everything he could see. His play overall wasn't anything special, but he very noticeable. Someone who you love on your team, but hate to play against.

- Nick Cousins is an idiot. He's constantly trying to mix it up. Now that wouldn't be a a problem if he was actually playing good hockey while being a pest, but he isn't.

- Justin Nichols looked very good in net. He absolutely robbed Sarnia on multiple occasions.
Pretty much agree with all of this. In Hottot's defense, he does help create chances in the offensive zone by solid forechecking. I was again impressed with Nikandrov's two way game. JP Anderson has been MUCH better than earlier this season.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:08 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Galchenyuk much more focused it seems. Moving feet more and wanting the puck more. Simply imposing himself on the other teams more than earlier this year.
Now back in the top 20 scorers, only 4 pts away from the lead, 2 pts away from a guy like Strome with 2 games in hands.. So when you look at the global picture, thats absolutely nothing to worry about, its rather funny to see some fans jumping the gun that early in the season lol.. And for the ones comparing his stats to the ones of Grigorenko, you are losing your time, the Q is particulary weak this year, especially compared to the OHL.. Grigs is a very talended player but hasnt someone on his back every games to prevent him scoring since Remps' transition is that amazing and their offense comes from everywhere.. Not to mention how seriously Gally takes his defensive duties, how hard he competes in all 3 zones compared to Grigorenko..

Old
10-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Now back in the top 20 scorers, only 4 pts away from the lead, 2 pts away from a guy like Strome with 2 games in hands.. So when you look at the global picture, thats absolutely nothing to worry about, its rather funny to see some fans jumping the gun that early in the season lol.. And for the ones comparing his stats to the ones of Grigorenko, you are losing your time, the Q is particulary weak this year, especially compared to the OHL.. Grigs is a very talended player but hasnt someone on his back every games to prevent him scoring since Remps' transition is that amazing and their offense comes from everywhere.. Not to mention how seriously Gally takes his defensive duties, how hard he competes in all 3 zones compared to Grigorenko..
Its much easier to carry the puck through the neutral zone and gain the offensive zone in the Q than in the OHL IMO. Much more finesse oriented for the most part. Top heavy league with about 5 good teams.

Not to take away from Grigorenko's talent and vision. He does have both in abundance, but he is still too passive physically. Galchenyuk is always using his body and going to the net. I would probably say Grigorenko is a better playmaker than Galchenyuk though.

Old
10-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Before the season started, I was sure he was going to get traded.

Sarnia are playing surprisingly well.
I think they are 5-1 since Hottot came back, it has given them 2 lines that can score.

It would not shock me if they end up having a pretty good season, which will make their decision on whether to trade Alex or not all the more difficult. Anderson is a quality veteran OHL goalie. DeAngelo is a stud offensive defenceman. Murphy is usually very solid on defence. The other D's seem competent enough.

Galchenyuk-Sarault is a great 1-2 punch at center that few teams in the OHL can match. Boucher and Hottot are proven 20+ goal guys and Goldobin seems to be emerging into that type of player. And they are getting some nice contributions from depth guys like Nikandrov, Dundas and Latta. If they could have 1 more kid emerge offensively (Moore seems to be a candidate), they could have 3 lines that can play and produce offensively.

Supposed powerhouses Kitchener and Plymouth are off to slow starts, which also opens the door for a team like Sarnia.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

This one shows the sweet Goldobin goal, not Galchenyuk's assist though.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...54b97ab3ac370b

Old
10-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

I didnt see the Goldobin goal there, the second one was DeAngelo's.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:12 PM
MaxLacoste

And you can see the sweet pass Gally made on Dundas goal.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:56 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
And you can see the sweet pass Gally made on Dundas goal.
It looked like he was in position to score on all the goals too, and he got robbed two of them by his teammates this year as they were just a tad in front of him and either could have got it

That pass though... nice little flippedy over the defender's stick and on the tape of Dundas who scored with ease.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I didnt see the Goldobin goal there, the second one was DeAngelo's.
At the start: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...54b97ab3ac370b

Old
10-14-2012, 09:08 PM
poetryinmotion

I am so not worried about this prospect, that I kinda pity the ones who do. He's clearly got elite talent to go with a blue collar work ethic and has a nearly complete game, if you bother to watch a single game of his it is almost apparent right away. Tonight he made no mistakes if you believe the tweets, and I remember Boucher saying he is a puck posession wizard that drives the play, that's a difference maker to me and it seems like his game goes well beyond getting the points even though right now they are starting to come to him - and his .ppg ratio is already above his first season.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:48 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I am so not worried about this prospect, that I kinda pity the ones who do. He's clearly got elite talent to go with a blue collar work ethic and has a nearly complete game, if you bother to watch a single game of his it is almost apparent right away. Tonight he made no mistakes if you believe the tweets, and I remember Boucher saying he is a puck posession wizard that drives the play, that's a difference maker to me and it seems like his game goes well beyond getting the points even though right now they are starting to come to him - and his .ppg ratio is already above his first season.
If he can finish the season with this PPG, I'd be very happy. I think he'll creep up towards 1.5ppg, then as things start tightening up as they do towards the end of the season, that'll bring him back down. Putting up monster totals in the CHL implies that you were ****** the league in the first half.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:05 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
If he can finish the season with this PPG, I'd be very happy. I think he'll creep up towards 1.5ppg, then as things start tightening up as they do towards the end of the season, that'll bring him back down. Putting up monster totals in the CHL implies that you were ****** the league in the first half.
It's very likely that he will finish with a .ppg above 1.5 because he is not only close but also improving it every game along with his teammates, and it seems like Beaulieu is starting to find some good chemistry with his lines... they are starting to come together as a group it seems and Gally hasn't even hit his stride yet. Fun stat..he will need 1.47 pgg ratio to finish the season above 100 pts with all games played so with the WJC he will need to be well above 1.5 to come close to that, but there is hope

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 10-14-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old
10-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Quote:
It's very likely that he will finish with a .ppg above 1.5 because he is not only close but also improving it every game along with his teammates, and it seems like Beaulieu is starting to find some good chemistry with his lines... they are starting to come together as a group it seems and Gally hasn't even hit his stride yet.
He really hasnt. Im very enthused with his past few games.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Pax Macioretty

Guys, after the WJC in december where he will have a his coimng-out party, these 3,4 negative wannabe prospect analysts will be just a bad dream. If you're not able to compare a prospect in a stacked team on a strict offensive role vs a complete player who works harder in the all 3 zones and is coming off a year long injury, you're not worth anybody's time on this board, because there's way too many posters that are smarter than you...

Old
10-14-2012, 10:16 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
It's very likely that he will finish with a .ppg above 1.5 because he is not only close but also improving it every game along with his teammates, and it seems like Beaulieu is starting to find some good chemistry with his lines... they are starting to come together as a group it seems and Gally hasn't even hit his stride yet. Fun stat..he will need 1.47 pgg ratio to finish the season above 100 pts with all games played so with the WJC he will need to be well above 1.5 to come close to that, but there is hope
That'd be awesome. However, things really do tighten up towards the end of an OHL season.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Roulin

Quote:
IMO, it's just part of the territory when your favorite team has the #3 overall pick. Kostitsyn was still being compared to the rest of the 2003 first round as recently as this offseason (which, yes, is kind of ridiculous) and he was a #10 pick! I will definitely have some extra interest in Grigorenko, Forsberg and Dumba over the next couple of years, as well as Galchenyuk. I think worrying about this kind of stuff is just part of being a fan.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

I don't think it deserves its own thread, so here it goes. Journalist extraordinaire Mathias Brunet reports (http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2012/...-lencadrement/) how Lapointe recently visited Gally and eat Sushi with him. This is part of his (and Brisebois) responsibilities of supporting our prospects along their development.

Old
10-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I don't think it deserves its own thread, so here it goes. Journalist extraordinaire Mathias Brunet reports (http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2012/...-lencadrement/) how Lapointe recently visited Gally and eat Sushi with him. This is part of his (and Brisebois) responsibilities of supporting our prospects along their development.
Lapointe will transform him into a softy with this damn girly food !

Old
10-15-2012, 04:39 PM
poetryinmotion

It's nice that Timmins congratulated him after his 4 point night. I like little details like that, shows that the org. takes their prospects seriously. The dinner must have been a formality between the two, and I doubt Lapointe said much other than listen attentively if Gally had anything to concern him with. They probably have other such meetings scheduled at key points throughout his season.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

They're just showing their prospects that they care and that they're excited to have them in the organization.

It's a very nice change of pace from what we've been used to, and I sincerely believe it will help the kids develop... at least a little.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Plante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
They're just showing their prospects that they care and that they're excited to have them in the organization.

It's a very nice change of pace from what we've been used to, and I sincerely believe it will help the kids develop... at least a little.
It will help a lot imo. Theres a big difference between thinking you're doing well, and constantly being reassured that you're doing well. Especially at that age.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Lapointe will transform him into a softy with this damn girly food !

Hab management is feeding our top prospect raw meat.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Time to bump this.

Sarnia begins a 3 games in 3 nights stretch tonight vs the Steelheads.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:34 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Time to bump this.

Sarnia begins a 3 games in 3 nights stretch tonight vs the Steelheads.
Any feed for tonight game?

Old
10-18-2012, 10:41 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Any feed for tonight game?
this. my gf won't be here and I have yet to have the joy of watching a full game from Gally. Please internet warriors get a stream!!

Closed Thread