HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
  #926
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
A lot has changed since the last time we discussed our draft options in this thread. As of today we'd be picking between 15-20 range but that changes daily. How do you guys feel about Alexander Wennberg, I don't know if he'll slide that far but this is the guy I hope we get if we draft in that range. Thoughts?

puck stoppa is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
  #927
allan5oh
#moneypushups
 
allan5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,062
vCash: 50
Id prefer to pick 30th.

allan5oh is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 01:44 PM
  #928
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,633
vCash: 500
If the Jets are selecting 21st I got to think they look at guys like Lazar,Horvat and Dickinson. I could see a guy like Hartman be on there list and local boy Bowey as well.

Joe Hallenback is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 01:47 PM
  #929
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad
 
Snot Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 814
vCash: 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
A lot has changed since the last time we discussed our draft options in this thread. As of today we'd be picking between 15-20 range but that changes daily. How do you guys feel about Alexander Wennberg, I don't know if he'll slide that far but this is the guy I hope we get if we draft in that range. Thoughts?
Looks like he might be popular with the 12-65 year old female demographic.

Highlights look like he really knows how to go to the net, carry the puck and get the puck into the net.


Snot Rocket is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
  #930
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,630
vCash: 500
If we win the SE and then lose in the first two round we'll be picking 23rd.

I'm thinking Hartman is our pick this year.

JetsHomer is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  #931
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,808
vCash: 1090
It's tougher to estimate who might be around at 20+ compared to around 10 (which is a great thing don't get me wrong!).

Comparing ISS and Button it's hard to get a read, and we all know the draft will unfold much different than anyone expects.

I think we might have a better idea of who will be available in the 20's once we see McKenzie's final list.

Huffer is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
  #932
castle
HFBoards Sponsor
 
castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 913
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
If we win the SE and then lose in the first two round we'll be picking 23rd.

I'm thinking Hartman is our pick this year.
I think 21st is the best we can do if we win the southeast. after the conference finalists the division winners are slotted in, ordered by their record. so if all 4 finalists are non-division winners, then that would put the Jets at 21st. if all four are division winners, then the Jets would be 25th. Assuming, of course, that we win the division and aren't conference finalists... and also that we have the worst record of the division winners.

castle is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 03:50 PM
  #933
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,772
vCash: 2252
If the Jets really do win the SE this will be the year to grab a good slider. Too many options in this draft and way too difficult to prognosticate who goes where. The top end of the 1st is hard to predict let alone the bottom half.

Please Zadorov slide baby slide or Pulock.

Sweech is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 04:32 PM
  #934
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
If the Jets really do win the SE this will be the year to grab a good slider. Too many options in this draft and way too difficult to prognosticate who goes where. The top end of the 1st is hard to predict let alone the bottom half.

Please Zadorov slide baby slide or Pulock.
thats a huge slide no?

Grind is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 05:36 PM
  #935
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
thats a huge slide no?
Both Zadorov and Pulock would be, by my predictions at least a 8 spot slide if we're at 23ish. Although I could see either going as high as 8 depending on who's picking there.

umwoz is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
  #936
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Both Zadorov and Pulock would be, by my predictions at least a 8 spot slide if we're at 23ish. Although I could see either going as high as 8 depending on who's picking there.
Can't see Zadorov or Pulock being available by pick 23.

If you're not in the top dozen or so, it seems that there isn't a big difference through the next 10-15 picks.

Looks like the Jets will have their pick of gritty centres or wingers at that spot (Horvat, Hartman, Rychel, Zykov come to mind). Petan would probably be a reach in that range, but would likely be available. Looking for sliders to that spot, I suppose that the Jets might have an interest in Erne and Gauthier, and maybe Domi.

I suppose that the Jets might set their sights on someone ranked bit higher than their pick, and try to parlay a 2nd round pick to move up to grab a specific player.

Whileee is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:52 PM
  #937
lanky
Registered User
 
lanky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
I wonder if they've scouted Burakowsky much. He doesn't seem like a Jets pick but I think he could end up fitting in.

lanky is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 08:58 PM
  #938
Boreal
Registered User
 
Boreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,293
vCash: 500
Later first round is a place where I would be tempted with taking Max Domi.

Boreal is online now  
Old
03-27-2013, 10:42 PM
  #939
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Definitely wanna look at Lazar if he's available. Dynamic, will be a great first to second liner.

Lux Aurumque* is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:11 PM
  #940
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Yeah, I'm thinking we'll be looking at Lazar, Hartman, Domi, Horvat, Compher, Lodge, Dickinson and Klimchuk types of players. Possibly Zykov or Mantha if they are still available.

untouchable21 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:39 PM
  #941
Whileee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Definitely wanna look at Lazar if he's available. Dynamic, will be a great first to second liner.
I've read very mixed reviews about Lazar. Why do you think he's such a good prospect?

Whileee is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
  #942
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Anyone else think that there's a possibility that Burmistrov gets dealt at the draft? I just think maybe management will want to go in another direction and would rather have "their own guy". Not to mention, he will be in line for a new contract. Will his agent play hard ball????

I could see a team like Columbus being interested and having multiple picks at their disposal. Right now the NYR pick is at 16 and if someone from the top 10 were to slide a little and if the JETS have that said player high on their list, there's potential for something like this to happen.

For the record, as a Burmistrov fan, I am not condoning a Burmistrov trade, I just think potentially something like this could occur. Also not saying it would be just Burmi for a pick. There would have to be a + coming back to Winnipeg.

Thoughts?????

untouchable21 is offline  
Old
03-27-2013, 11:52 PM
  #943
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad
 
Snot Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 814
vCash: 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Later first round is a place where I would be tempted with taking Max Domi.
That might be a win/win for the Jets. Domi Jr, playing with the Jets 2.0
Both potential upgrades over their predecessors.

Then we need to get Steen's kid, and Teemu's first born......That's right, Jet's be stealing yo babies!

Snot Rocket is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
  #944
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO
 
Reed Solomon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Man.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Anyone else think that there's a possibility that Burmistrov gets dealt at the draft?
Thoughts?????
No. He's finally starting to improve.

Reed Solomon is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:18 AM
  #945
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad
 
Snot Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 814
vCash: 1316
The other option that the Jets may have, sorry if someone else has mentioned this, is package up their 1st and the extra second for a top 10 first with another team that might not quite need the higher draft pick that they are destined for...like Edmonton or....

Snot Rocket is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
  #946
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
The kid is alright!
 
JC Numminen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Westman
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,237
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
If the Jets really do win the SE this will be the year to grab a good slider. Too many options in this draft and way too difficult to prognosticate who goes where. The top end of the 1st is hard to predict let alone the bottom half.

Please Zadorov slide baby slide or Pulock.
I love Pulock and it would be awesome if we got him... but cant see him falling near that far IMO

JC Numminen is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:34 AM
  #947
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snot Rocket View Post
The other option that the Jets may have, sorry if someone else has mentioned this, is package up their 1st and the extra second for a top 10 first with another team that might not quite need the higher draft pick that they are destined for...like Edmonton or....
If we win the division we are picking 21 at very best (more likely to be 23-24).

A second will not move you from 21-24 to top 10. Never. Based on historic trades you are looking at 14-15 range at best.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:56 AM
  #948
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad
 
Snot Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 814
vCash: 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If we win the division we are picking 21 at very best (more likely to be 23-24).

A second will not move you from 21-24 to top 10. Never. Based on historic trades you are looking at 14-15 range at best.
Good point...though it is a deep draft and that might be enough (14-15), if we are really pushing for that higher first.
Though I am going to wonder how the cap hit is going to play into this with the TD a week away it might get interesting.
Not too upset we have 2 seconds though...Lowry was 3rd round...with Chevy and the scouts, might make 2 nice seconds.

Here is hoping.

Man, I am excited good number of picks in the draft and a potential playoff berth...

Snot Rocket is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 12:59 AM
  #949
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!
 
veganhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Later first round is a place where I would be tempted with taking Max Domi.
Agreed. Domi.

veganhunter is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 01:06 AM
  #950
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snot Rocket View Post
Good point...though it is a deep draft and that might be enough (14-15), if we are really pushing for that higher first.
Though I am going to wonder how the cap hit is going to play into this with the TD a week away it might get interesting.
Not too upset we have 2 seconds though...Lowry was 3rd round...with Chevy and the scouts, might make 2 nice seconds.

Here is hoping.

Man, I am excited good number of picks in the draft and a potential playoff berth...
This "deep draft" thing is overstated. It seems a little better than normal, but honestly it's not as good as people are making it out to be. And we won't know for sure for 5+ years whether this draft actually is as good as people think it to be.

Also, we have 3 seconds. Wpg's, Chi's and the 59th pick in the draft we get as compensation for losing 2008 first rounder Daultan Leveille without signing him.

Also Lowry has proven exactly squat. Telegin was the talk of the town last year, now it's Lowry. Let's wait until these guys prove something at NHL level before counting them as successes (or failures).

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.