Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2013, 01:34 PM
puck stoppa

vCash: 500
A lot has changed since the last time we discussed our draft options in this thread. As of today we'd be picking between 15-20 range but that changes daily. How do you guys feel about Alexander Wennberg, I don't know if he'll slide that far but this is the guy I hope we get if we draft in that range. Thoughts?

Old
03-27-2013, 01:41 PM
allan5oh
#moneypushups

vCash: 50
Id prefer to pick 30th.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Joe Hallenback

If the Jets are selecting 21st I got to think they look at guys like Lazar,Horvat and Dickinson. I could see a guy like Hartman be on there list and local boy Bowey as well.

Old
03-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 1316
Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
A lot has changed since the last time we discussed our draft options in this thread. As of today we'd be picking between 15-20 range but that changes daily. How do you guys feel about Alexander Wennberg, I don't know if he'll slide that far but this is the guy I hope we get if we draft in that range. Thoughts?
Looks like he might be popular with the 12-65 year old female demographic.

Highlights look like he really knows how to go to the net, carry the puck and get the puck into the net.

Old
03-27-2013, 02:57 PM
JetsHomer

If we win the SE and then lose in the first two round we'll be picking 23rd.

I'm thinking Hartman is our pick this year.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
It's tougher to estimate who might be around at 20+ compared to around 10 (which is a great thing don't get me wrong!).

Comparing ISS and Button it's hard to get a read, and we all know the draft will unfold much different than anyone expects.

I think we might have a better idea of who will be available in the 20's once we see McKenzie's final list.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:46 PM
castle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
If we win the SE and then lose in the first two round we'll be picking 23rd.

I'm thinking Hartman is our pick this year.
I think 21st is the best we can do if we win the southeast. after the conference finalists the division winners are slotted in, ordered by their record. so if all 4 finalists are non-division winners, then that would put the Jets at 21st. if all four are division winners, then the Jets would be 25th. Assuming, of course, that we win the division and aren't conference finalists... and also that we have the worst record of the division winners.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
If the Jets really do win the SE this will be the year to grab a good slider. Too many options in this draft and way too difficult to prognosticate who goes where. The top end of the 1st is hard to predict let alone the bottom half.

Please Zadorov slide baby slide or Pulock.

Old
03-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
If the Jets really do win the SE this will be the year to grab a good slider. Too many options in this draft and way too difficult to prognosticate who goes where. The top end of the 1st is hard to predict let alone the bottom half.

thats a huge slide no?

Old
03-27-2013, 05:36 PM
umwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
thats a huge slide no?
Both Zadorov and Pulock would be, by my predictions at least a 8 spot slide if we're at 23ish. Although I could see either going as high as 8 depending on who's picking there.

Old
03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Both Zadorov and Pulock would be, by my predictions at least a 8 spot slide if we're at 23ish. Although I could see either going as high as 8 depending on who's picking there.
Can't see Zadorov or Pulock being available by pick 23.

If you're not in the top dozen or so, it seems that there isn't a big difference through the next 10-15 picks.

Looks like the Jets will have their pick of gritty centres or wingers at that spot (Horvat, Hartman, Rychel, Zykov come to mind). Petan would probably be a reach in that range, but would likely be available. Looking for sliders to that spot, I suppose that the Jets might have an interest in Erne and Gauthier, and maybe Domi.

I suppose that the Jets might set their sights on someone ranked bit higher than their pick, and try to parlay a 2nd round pick to move up to grab a specific player.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:52 PM
lanky

I wonder if they've scouted Burakowsky much. He doesn't seem like a Jets pick but I think he could end up fitting in.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Boreal

Later first round is a place where I would be tempted with taking Max Domi.

Old
03-27-2013, 10:42 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Definitely wanna look at Lazar if he's available. Dynamic, will be a great first to second liner.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:11 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Yeah, I'm thinking we'll be looking at Lazar, Hartman, Domi, Horvat, Compher, Lodge, Dickinson and Klimchuk types of players. Possibly Zykov or Mantha if they are still available.

Old
03-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
Definitely wanna look at Lazar if he's available. Dynamic, will be a great first to second liner.
I've read very mixed reviews about Lazar. Why do you think he's such a good prospect?

Old
03-27-2013, 11:41 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Anyone else think that there's a possibility that Burmistrov gets dealt at the draft? I just think maybe management will want to go in another direction and would rather have "their own guy". Not to mention, he will be in line for a new contract. Will his agent play hard ball????

I could see a team like Columbus being interested and having multiple picks at their disposal. Right now the NYR pick is at 16 and if someone from the top 10 were to slide a little and if the JETS have that said player high on their list, there's potential for something like this to happen.

For the record, as a Burmistrov fan, I am not condoning a Burmistrov trade, I just think potentially something like this could occur. Also not saying it would be just Burmi for a pick. There would have to be a + coming back to Winnipeg.

Thoughts?????

Old
03-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
That might be a win/win for the Jets. Domi Jr, playing with the Jets 2.0
Both potential upgrades over their predecessors.

Then we need to get Steen's kid, and Teemu's first born......That's right, Jet's be stealing yo babies!

Old
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Anyone else think that there's a possibility that Burmistrov gets dealt at the draft?
Thoughts?????
No. He's finally starting to improve.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad

The other option that the Jets may have, sorry if someone else has mentioned this, is package up their 1st and the extra second for a top 10 first with another team that might not quite need the higher draft pick that they are destined for...like Edmonton or....

Old
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
JC Numminen
Global Moderator
The kid is alright!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post

I love Pulock and it would be awesome if we got him... but cant see him falling near that far IMO

Old
03-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snot Rocket View Post
The other option that the Jets may have, sorry if someone else has mentioned this, is package up their 1st and the extra second for a top 10 first with another team that might not quite need the higher draft pick that they are destined for...like Edmonton or....
If we win the division we are picking 21 at very best (more likely to be 23-24).

A second will not move you from 21-24 to top 10. Never. Based on historic trades you are looking at 14-15 range at best.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Snot Rocket
HF anti-tank squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If we win the division we are picking 21 at very best (more likely to be 23-24).

A second will not move you from 21-24 to top 10. Never. Based on historic trades you are looking at 14-15 range at best.
Good point...though it is a deep draft and that might be enough (14-15), if we are really pushing for that higher first.
Though I am going to wonder how the cap hit is going to play into this with the TD a week away it might get interesting.
Not too upset we have 2 seconds though...Lowry was 3rd round...with Chevy and the scouts, might make 2 nice seconds.

Here is hoping.

Man, I am excited good number of picks in the draft and a potential playoff berth...

Old
03-28-2013, 12:59 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Agreed. Domi.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snot Rocket View Post
Good point...though it is a deep draft and that might be enough (14-15), if we are really pushing for that higher first.
Though I am going to wonder how the cap hit is going to play into this with the TD a week away it might get interesting.
Not too upset we have 2 seconds though...Lowry was 3rd round...with Chevy and the scouts, might make 2 nice seconds.

Here is hoping.

Man, I am excited good number of picks in the draft and a potential playoff berth...
This "deep draft" thing is overstated. It seems a little better than normal, but honestly it's not as good as people are making it out to be. And we won't know for sure for 5+ years whether this draft actually is as good as people think it to be.

Also, we have 3 seconds. Wpg's, Chi's and the 59th pick in the draft we get as compensation for losing 2008 first rounder Daultan Leveille without signing him.

Also Lowry has proven exactly squat. Telegin was the talk of the town last year, now it's Lowry. Let's wait until these guys prove something at NHL level before counting them as successes (or failures).

Closed Thread